• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hystzen

I've recently developed this weird habit of doing push-ups whenever I realise I'm not doing anything productive. I've done about 50 today and I did 40 yesterday.

I'm wondering how long it'll be until I strain myself.

It will also stop you from excessive masturbation too so it a good thing also a good trick to cut back on fapping also

noffles

Banned
It will also stop you from excessive masturbation too so it a good thing also a good trick to cut back on fapping also

no it won't

That's good discipline, one of my old JKD / Judo coaches used to do that, his coach before him used to just say (randomly) "do 50 push ups", he would say "why" only to be answered with "why not?"...

It's a great all round work out when done right (works the whole torso) and no reason not to do 100 a day once you get strong enough.

I'll keep it up then. Might entertain the idea of a gym membership soon too, seeing as it's literally only about a 2 minute walk from my halls.

If the PS4 is supposed to be closer to a PC than ever, and the PS3 was a total fucking bitch to develop for, then I can't see BC being easy. Which is probably what Gaikai is for.

I'll keep hold of my PS3 for a while yet, anyway.

noffles

Banned
Housemate got the munchies and ordered too much pizza, so he left pretty much half of one on the side in the kitchen.

Fuck yes, free pizza.

Suairyu

Banned
I doubt they'll say that. It'll be "all these games tied to your PSN account can be played for free!" because why the fuck not?

Oh, but Gaikai is PS+ exclusive.
Bought physical media like a normal person?

"Rebuy all your games you already own... again!"

Or maybe they'll go for a Nintendo approach of charging you twice for the same rom.

"Rebuy all your games you already own... again!... again!"

Mikeside

Unless they make you put the PS3 disc in the PS4 and allow it to verify that it's a real copy and you can play via Gaikai whilst the disc is in the drive?

Bit of a reach but I can't see why it wouldn't work

f0rk

I honestly don't really care about BC that much, I'm not one to go back to old console games that much and I have enough shit on steam that I could/should probably finish anyway. I'm mostly interested in what games they have around launch although I accept that might not be the focus of Wednesday.

Hystzen

Im confused why Bungie have said Destiny is PS3/360 title but not releasing it til next year, why not take advantage of new consoles. Im sold on the game but you would use next gen to increase max players online when doing a online game.

f0rk

Im confused why Bungie have said Destiny is PS3/360 title but not releasing it til next year, why not take advantage of new consoles. Im sold on the game but you would use next gen to increase max players online when doing a online game.

They aren't allowed to acknowledge the next gen consoles properly. When they say 'home consoles' they mean it will be on PS4/720 most likely.

Hystzen

They aren't allowed to acknowledge the next gen consoles properly. When they say 'home consoles' they mean it will be on PS4/720 most likely.

they saying future consoles but no real point in also releasing for old generation it will sell better on next gen if they put effort into it. not like game is even half done at this point it barely out of concept art state with a quick bit footage so cant really say they committed to 360/ps3.

if your goal is a massive online game dont use consoles that can only cope with 32 people in a battlefield game

f0rk

I don't think the actually gameplay will be massively multiplayer anyway, it will most likely be instanced to shit like Guild Wars or something.
Also it's probably more done than the reveal let on, press at the event thought something might have been pulled last minute and they talked about all the testing they were doing.
Their dismissal of the PC as a platform is the dumbest thing really

SKINNER!

Banned
"I guess the message here is that it's funny to force menial workers to strip and that diet coke only contains 1 calorie and you can soon burn that off with about 10 seconds of bean polishing. Oh, and in the interest of balance, I have to point out other diet drinks are available e.g. water"

oh my sides! Damn you Brooker!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I think I've eaten something dodgy. Been puking my guts out. Probably won't go to work tomorrow and just rest it off. I'll just take it off my holiday leave.

Chinner

Banned
wel it gets better at least, has a twist but is predictable and doesn't really justify the first half.

but hey, it's original programming so that's a plus

Wow, only 4 posts since I went to bed rather than the page and a half we've been having lately. I think you might have had an impact phi! The kids are listening.

noffles

Banned
Nah, I just decided to get fewer hours of sleep rather than none this time because what I needed to get done for 11am wasn't all that taxing.

I wouldn't expect a trend.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I think it's mainly due to me not posting very much.... :p

Went for a run at half 6 this morning...good start to the day, ran along the sea-front to the pier and back... Completely destroyed me and i thought back to every time i'd just killed my lungs with the dreaded cancer sticks, hopefully that'll teach me not to smoke..or atleast cut down fuckloads

Got a job interview in Southhampton at half 3 and the train journey takes like an hour but I'm already in my suit and playing guitar preparing myself...mentally

Any of you wise warriors wanna give a fella some interview tips?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Don't get in a huff and break their hoover :p

Just try to be relaxed and friendly, treat it like a conversation rather than an interrogation.

noffles

Banned
What is the protocol on dress code for job interviews anyway? Is it always smart shirt, black trousers and smart shoes or are there things that can be neglected? I've always heard black chinos are something you can get away with.

I might need to find out soonish. >_>

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
What is the protocol on dress code for job interviews anyway? Is it always smart shirt, black trousers and smart shoes or are there things that can be neglected? I've always heard black chinos are something you can get away with.

sometimes they tell you but not often, they said wear a suit

thank fuck

It all depends on what job you're going for. McD's or bar work etc you don't need to wear a suit. Anything in an office you do.

Good luck Tash, hope it goes well.

Mikeside

I've always worn a suit to job interviews, even for Tesco/Saintsbury's

Had a lot of interviews and I've only not been offered the job twice

Mikeside

Alright Mr Cocky

:p

Fucking hell P.O.D at Download

That's actually pretty damn cool

It's all about being confident at the job interview.
Don't think of it as you selling yourself to a company and hoping they'll hire you.
Think of it as the company hoping to find somebody they want to hire, they WANT to find somebody to fit the job & they've picked you to come in and interview for it - all you have to do is show them they were right to bring you in.

Suairyu

Banned
I've always worn a suit to job interviews, even for Tesco/Saintsbury's

Had a lot of interviews and I've only not been offered the job twice
Are you part of US-GAF or something? I'd always dress smart/smart-casual to an interview, but a full suit is reserved only for career jobs. If I was hiring at Tescos and someone came in a suit, I'd worry about their ability to dress/function appropriately for the task at hand. Wouldn't make a snap judgement just off that fact, mind, but it wouldn't endear me to them.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
There was nothing cool about P.O.D in the year 2000 when we would mock them mercilessly, and there's nothing cool about them in 2013 :p

Converge are playing download though, YOU MUST GO SEE THEM. If only for the experience of seeing the heaviest band in the world. It's like knives in your eyes.

Are you part of US-GAF or something? I'd always dress smart/smart-casual to an interview, but a full suit is reserved only for career jobs. If I was hiring at Tescos and someone came in a suit, I'd worry about their ability to dress/function appropriately for the task at hand. Wouldn't make a snap judgement just off that fact, mind, but it wouldn't endear me to them.
What the fuck is smart casual? I've never understood it myself and was horrified to see that dragon agree with me on Room 101.

I've always been suited for interviews but I guess they've mostly been office work, although I did get suited up for a pay controller interview.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Really? What should you go to Tesco in then, trackies and a t-shirt so you'll fit in? IMO a suit is a great all-purpose piece of smart clothing. Because if you've not got a suit then you've probably still wearing shoes, trousers, shirt and mayeb a tie. And without a jacket, a shirt looks a bit nekkid, especially sans-tie. How about a shirt and jumper combo, that could work. Would still look better with a jacket though.

I don't see how over-dressing for an interview could be seen as not being able to dress apropriately though - surely it would be an indicator that this person would indeed be able to stick to a dress code if it were laid out.

Really, I guess it depends how comfortable you are in a suit. I never used to like them but I'm into it now (wearing mine as I type), I wouldn't dream of wearing less to a future interview no matter where it was.

Mikeside

I think if you give a good interview, come off as socially adjusted, so able to get along with your co-workers & are able to do the job, overdressing in a suit is almost never going to lose you any points.

Really, I guess it depends how comfortable you are in a suit. I never used to like them but I'm into it now (wearing mine as I type), I wouldn't dream of wearing less to a future interview no matter where it was.

I think learning to be comfortable in a suit (including finding a fit that you feel comfortable in) is an important part of being an adult in our culture. So many situations call for it and really, there are SO few people (almost nobody) who don't look awesome when groomed and suited up.

Chinner

Banned
just googled, apparently this is smart casual:
OPahXoy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom