• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what you're talking about.

... and I'm not ginger!

Yet more proof that you're a liar.

I would not say you're that ginger. Strawberry blond maybe. I don't know it was dark and I was super high.

Please, don't encourage him.

My Mad Fat Diary Season Finale

Mad%20Fat%20Teenage%20Diary%20Genericmidres_A2.jpg

Who is cutting up onions here?! This is a great show. Raw, honest, and important. The attention between the mental hospital and real world is handled so well. I love hand drawing and sketch stuff in teen movies/tv shows that give a personal view into a person's psyche. The 90s nostalgia (Prodigy, Spaceman, Beastie Boys, Smiths, Oasis), helps, too. Sharon Rooney is fantastic.

Good to hear it's getting a second season.

I only saw half of the second episode and enjoyed the soundtrack.

I hear that show is good but those kids look nothing like they're from the 90s, which is interesting since I'm getting to the age where I can correct nostalgia. Look at that buttony t-shirt thing the handsome guy is wearing. We did not have those in the 90s. And I saw an advert with a girl wearing short shorts. I don't think I ever saw that in the 90s either.

We did have those back then only they were an item of underwear rather than overwear. However, some people would wear them under their opened plaid shirts.
Like me

The adverts talked about Lincolnshire, which having lived there for a vast amount of my life, I'd rather not watch a TV show about.
As a current resident, the advert to "find someone cool in Lincolnshire" worried me. Was surprised to find out it's a surprisingly good show and have enjoyed watching it each week.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Wow there were a lot of people there to be interviewed.. Fierce competition.. It went okay I guess I'll get a call back later to see if I get to round two... Don't think I like Southampton though.. Blisters are fucking killing me

SKINNER!

Banned
Right, Saturday 6th April 2013 - Glasgow Gaf meetup. Who's in? I'm especially looking at you so-called northerners who can't make it to London.

Rubbish King

GOT A CALL BACK AWWWW YEEAAAAAAAAH

got a tour thing tomorrow and meeting the team... 8 1/2 hours there, hopefully it'll be awesome

I still might not get it, but ahh well, im still super excited ^_^

I personally think my badass suit did the heavy lifting and that i charmed the interviewer...hehe ^^

Yo.
Where in Southampton was the interview mate?

on the highstreet, it was next to lush and a guitar shop? Just next to.. Bargate road?

Saw a street performer get totally pwned, i felt bad for the guy but he gathered this massive crowd and teased them too much so when he did a sideflip over a child it was pretty underwhelming...i remember feeling the tension... i heard people saying "Wait lets stop and watch him do the trick" Then he took the piss, i put 2 quid in his hat but as soon as he did the trick...everyone left

I felt so bad for him

Chinner

Banned
pity me guys.

i've somehow caught a stomach bug, so i've spent most of today vomiting and being in pain

somebody get cheezmo to hug me

3Sixty

on the highstreet, it was next to lush and a guitar shop? Just next to.. Bargate road?

Saw a street performer get totally pwned, i felt bad for the guy but he gathered this massive crowd and teased them too much so when he did a sideflip over a child it was pretty underwhelming...i remember feeling the tension... i heard people saying "Wait lets stop and watch him do the trick" Then he took the piss, i put 2 quid in his hat but as soon as he did the trick...everyone left

I felt so bad for him

Near Maplins? Or was it Maplins?. Man i wish they would hurry up and tear the bargate centre down. Even Sega Park isn't cool anymore.

At least you didn't have to see the street busker who performs Ed Sheeran songs. Oh and Wonderwall, always wonderwall.

Rubbish King

Near Maplins? Or was it Maplins?. Man i wish they would hurry up and tear the bargate centre down. Even Sega Park isn't cool anymore.

At least you didn't have to see the street busker who performs Ed Sheeran songs. Oh and Wonderwall, always wonderwall.

Yeah Lush and Maplins

Sega Park?

Wonderwall...LOL

Way to go lil sad Mike :) I do actually think a lot of the time it IS a decision too. I remember being super depressed and I think I actually liked it a bit. It's comforting and lazy, like staying in a duvet. Much more dangerous and exciting to really lay your emotions out there, good and bad. I think most of it comes from self-consciousness, and that's something that really only seems to go away when you have more interesting things to worry about.

I get what you're saying, really I do, but I don't think it's "a decision" in general. Speaking as someone who has a bunch of these factors (I can't think of a better word) in my life, I believe the choice is about getting help. And not just pills and doctors. The help has to come from within as well. You have to want it deep down in your gut and not just at the surface I guess.

My life is decent right now. I have my own place. I'm at a small college with an interview to go to a university next year. I have great friends for the first time in forever. But frankly the vast majority of my emotions just confuse me. I'm not good at that side of life, I suppose.

Rubbish King

I get what you're saying, really I do, but I don't think it's "a decision" in general. Speaking as someone who has a bunch of these factors (I can't think of a better word) in my life, I believe the choice is about getting help. And not just pills and doctors. The help has to come from within as well. You have to want it deep down in your gut and not just at the surface I guess.

My life is decent right now. I have my own place. I'm at a small college with an interview to go to a university next year. I have great friends for the first time in forever. But frankly the vast majority of my emotions just confuse me. I'm not good at that side of life, I suppose.

College was a weird one for me.. The first year I can barely remember due to the drugs and drink but then new friends made me better as a person...stopped me in my silly ways.. Not too long ago I got super depressed about how by going with them I left friends behind but I got over it eventually, i think moving here was that final process of the healing.... Now I'm on my way to not being an idiot

reading a really good book by Ben Kane if anyones interested in roman history

Read like 250 pages in one day (That's really good for me) I couldnt put it down for the first hundred and ended up standing in dogshit on the way home from the jobcentre because i couldnt stop reading it..almost got hit by a car now i think about it....

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
pity me guys.

i've somehow caught a stomach bug, so i've spent most of today vomiting and being in pain

Learn to have an awesome immune system.

Factitious hipsters ftl.

oh man the Krispy Kreme scotland bs is all over my facebook, I better hit it soon before my life is not worth living.

Rubbish King

Factitious hipsters ftl.

oh man the Krispy Kreme scotland bs is all over my facebook, I better hit it soon before my life is not worth living.

what is krispy kreme and why do people care about a donut shop

I bet they're american ones too

Kentpaul

what is krispy kreme and why do people care about a donut shop

I bet they're american ones too

Shit's meant to be the best thing since the higgs boson discovery. Man it does look like some fucking mouth watering sugar fixes.

God bless america.

Chinner

Banned

Factitious hipsters ftl.

sorry i wasn't born in scotland - my immune system isn't used to the likes of a sixteen-year-old mothers of three vomiting in an open sewer and bears eating out of rubbish bins.

Kentpaul

sorry i wasn't born in scotland - my immune system isn't used to the likes of a sixteen-year-old mothers of three vomiting in an open sewer and bears eating out of rubbish bins.

Your mistaking the north of England with the great borders of Scotland.

Seanbob11

I live 5 minutes away from the krispy kreme in edinburgh. The queue is a joke, 2 hours. Traffic gets backed up on to the m8. Tastes gooood though.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
There's a guy in Oldham who makes doughnuts in a little van cart thing. They're amazing but I can only eat one at a time.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
pity me guys.

Wow. So I'm not the only one.

Slowly having a soup right now which is the first thing I've eaten all day. Hoping it stays in my stomach.

Oh and Krispy Kremes are a rip off.

SKINNER!

Banned
So the whole doughnut commotion on my fb was because of a Krispy Kreme place in Edinburgh. Bloody hell. It's just doughnuts guys.

Also sweet, so there's at least a few people who's interested in the meetup :) Good stuff. Really need to set up a new thread and see if anyone else is interested. Also, pfft at the getting mugged remark. Jeez, you have a better chance at getting repeatedly stabbed than mugged over here.

Also, I'm just going to come out and say this: Megadeth's A Tout Le Monde is a better song than Metallica's Fade to Black. Come...at...me...bros?

Mikeside

Just spent the evening moving a sofa 10 miles down the road, then moving the sofa from THAT place back to the first place.

I'm fucking knackered.

Hystzen

CHEEZMO™;47936655 said:
There's a guy in Oldham who makes doughnuts in a little van cart thing. They're amazing but I can only eat one at a time.

thats only reason to go Oldham apart from that nothing else

noffles

Banned
I might be able to get myself a free Galaxy Note tablet with some of the £500 that my university has thrown at me for stationary/books/software.

Do I go for it?

SKINNER!

Banned
I really really REALLY hope Bioshock Infinite doesn't suck.

me too. Or at least I hope I know it sucks at the right time so I can cancel my preorder before it arrives at my door.

Question for phisheep, what's the difference between pleading guilty and no contest? I heard it's something to do with not getting sued later on but it got me thinking, why would anyone want to plead guilty then if you're better protected with a no contest plea? Shouldn't it just be guilty or no contest?

Mikeside

Question for phisheep, what's the difference between pleading guilty and no contest? I heard it's something to do with not getting sued later on but it got me thinking, why would anyone want to plead guilty then if you're better protected with a no contest plea? Shouldn't it just be guilty or no contest?

What did you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom