• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shit's meant to be the best thing since the higgs boson discovery. Man it does look like some fucking mouth watering sugar fixes.

God bless america.

The best thing to come from a Krispy Kreme donut... the Luther Burger.

4374046723_5876631e0f_z.jpg

It'll stop your heart, but it's delicious. xD

Chinner

Banned
hey guyz have u seen dis petition it makes loadso f sense lol sily govament dunt no how 2 fix da cuntry!

Letter to Mr. Cameron - Genius!!

Dear Mr. Cameron,

Please find below our suggestion for fixing the UK 's economy.

Instead of giving billions of pounds to banks that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan.
You can call it the Patriotic Retirement Plan:
There are about 10 million people over 50 in the work force.
Pay them £1 million each severance for early retirement with the following stipulations:

1) They MUST retire.
Ten million job openings - unemployment fixed

2) They MUST buy a new British car.
Ten million cars ordered - Car Industry fixed

3) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage -
Housing Crisis fixed

4) They MUST send their kids to school/college/university -
Crime rate fixed

5) They MUST buy £100 WORTH of alcohol/tobacco a week .....
And there's your money back in duty/tax etc

It can't get any easier than that!

P.S. If more money is needed, have all members of parliament pay back their falsely claimed expenses and second home allowances

If you think this would work, please forward to everyone you know.
Also.....

Let's put the pensioners in jail and the criminals in a nursing home.

This way the pensioners would have access to showers, hobbies and walks.

They'd receive unlimited free prescriptions, dental and medical treatment, wheel chairs etc and they'd receive money instead of paying it out.

They would have constant video monitoring, so they could be helped instantly, if they fell, or needed assistance.

Bedding would be washed twice a week, and all clothing would be ironed and returned to them.

A guard would check on them every 20 minutes and bring their meals and snacks to their cell.

They would have family visits in a suite built for that purpose.

They would have access to a library, weight room, spiritual counselling, pool and education.

Simple clothing, shoes, slippers, PJ's and legal aid would be free, on request.

Private, secure rooms for all, with an exercise outdoor yard, with gardens.

Each senior could have a PC a TV radio and daily phone calls.

There would be a board of directors to hear complaints, and the guards would have a code of conduct that would be strictly adhered to.

The criminals would get cold food, be left all alone and unsupervised. Lights off at 8pm, and showers once a week. Live in a tiny room and pay £600.00 per week and have no hope of ever getting out.

Think about this (more points of contention):

COWS
Is it just me, or does anyone else find it amazing that during the mad cow epidemic our government could track a single cow, born in Appleby almost three years ago, right to the stall where she slept in the county of Cumbria?

And, they even tracked her calves to their stalls. But they are unable to locate 125,000 illegal immigrants wandering around our country. Maybe we should give each of them a cow.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also;
Think about this ... If you don't want to forward this for fear of offending someone -- YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM! It is time for us grumpy old folk of Britain to speak up!
Like · · Share ·

btw it also missed out - put all black people in concentration camps because they're black and send muslims ireland to solve the ira prolbem, god jeez XD

Suairyu

Banned
I don't want the housing crisis fixed.

Houses just got hyper-inflated in terms of value, stopping anyone young from getting on the housing ladder. They stop being hyper-inflated for 5 minutes and everyone (rich folk) call it a "crisis".

SteveWD40

I don't want the housing crisis fixed.

Houses just got hyper-inflated in terms of value, stopping anyone young from getting on the housing ladder. They stop being hyper-inflated for 5 minutes and everyone (rich folk) call it a "crisis".

Yup.

A house should not be a profit centre, I made £30k in 9 months on my first house when I was 23, that's not normal (it was 2003).

The only upside was the drive in consumer spending led by people "feeling" well off because they were cashing in their equity every 2 years, but that's not sustainable.

Talking of houses, my gf dropped a bomb on me last night that her parents want us to buy a house and are willing to stump up a £100k deposit as her dad's cousin died and left the house and money to him o_O

We were going through a really rocky patch in December but seem to be over it now. Still not sure on the idea although I don't suppose it's that much more of a commitment than renting and if I do go for it we'll have to buy somewhere within 3 months as I'm pretty certain to be made redundant soon.

Yes, yes it was. I made a couple last year and I was done for the whole day after having one for lunch. So damn rich.

Will you make me one?

Talking of houses, my gf dropped a bomb on me last night that her parents want us to buy a house and are willing to stump up a £100k deposit as her dad's cousin died and left the house and money to him o_O

We were going through a really rocky patch in December but seem to be over it now. Still not sure on the idea although I don't suppose it's that much more of a commitment than renting and if I do go for it we'll have to buy somewhere within 3 months as I'm pretty certain to be made redundant soon.

Wow, you're so lucky. Me and my boyfriend really want to buy somewhere but with no deposit we're stumped.

I understand your worry if things haven't been great lately, but my advice would be go for it. Make sure both your names are on the house so if you do break up at least you can get back what you've put in towards the house.

Will you make me one?

Wow, you're so lucky. Me and my boyfriend really want to buy somewhere but with no deposit we're stumped.

I understand your worry if things haven't been great lately, but my advice would be go for it. Make sure both your names are on the house so if you do break up at least you can get back what you've put in towards the house.

Apparently my gf's mum had been bugging her about it for months. I have no idea how mortgages work either but where she's just had a career change to journalism, she's on fucking peanuts, meaning our joint income is below £55k so not sure what that means for a mortgage.

Two bed flats around my way are £250k+, £350k if you want one that's not ex local authority. Even with a hefty 30% deposit, would we still be able to get a mortgage? Need to do some research.

SKINNER!

Banned
Probably a bit too personal but why is she pressured into buying a house? wtf is up with parents pressuring people to get married, having kids, buying a house etc.

Probably a bit too personal but why is she pressured into buying a house? wtf is up with parents pressuring people to get married, having kids, buying a house etc.

Parents gonna parent. As far as pressures go, I think it's a nice one to have. Somebody wants to give me money? Oh no! Her parents are real worriers and aren't getting any younger and they know that this is realistically the only way my gf will get on the property ladder in their lifetime.

At least the kids and marriage pressure is off her as her older sister is married and recently had a kid.

Apparently my gf's mum had been bugging her about it for months. I have no idea how mortgages work either but where she's just had a career change to journalism, she's on fucking peanuts, meaning our joint income is below £55k so not sure what that means for a mortgage.

Two bed flats around my way are £250k+, £350k if you want one that's not ex local authority. Even with a hefty 30% deposit, would we still be able to get a mortgage? Need to do some research.

Yes, you would. With a £100k deposit banks will be banging down your doors to get you to sign a mortgage with them. Seriously.

SKINNER!

Banned
Parents gonna parent. As far as pressures go, I think it's a nice one to have. Somebody wants to give me money? Oh no! Her parents are real worriers and aren't getting any younger and they know that this is realistically the only way my gf will get on the property ladder in their lifetime.

At least the kids and marriage pressure is off her as her older sister is married and recently had a kid.

ah that's not too bad then. Plus, with the deposit all sorted then it should be plain sailing after that. The deposit is the hardest part I hear.

Anyone staying up for the PS4 announcement tonight at 11pm?

Mikeside

There's not a single person here I wouldn't let gag and abuse me savagely for 100k
Except maybe Tash. I don't want to end up like Henry Hoover

Yup, 30% deposit is "we don't even care about your credit rating / income" territory.

If I have CCJ that is no longer on my credit record but was never settled, will that affect me adversely? It's from about 18 years ago. I lost my job, the day after my credit card came and instead of doing the sensible thing, I went on a spending spree and then moved house without paying it off. Incredibly stupid behaviour.

There are government schemes to help if your household income is under £60K which is why we're screwed.

You should be good with such a large deposit.
Otherwise move further out? There's some real nice places in Zone 4.

No prob. First stop on the London GAF meetup, Krispy Kreme!

Yey! But how will you cook the burger....,

Oh yeah, speaking of that, anyone have a place I might be able to crash at that weekend? :O

I might.

There are government schemes to help if your household income is under £60K which is why we're screwed.

You should be good with such a large deposit.
Otherwise move further out? There's some real nice places in Zone 4.

Meh, I've got used to zone 2/1 borders now. Having grown up in zones 3 and 5 it would kind of feel like a backward step although you do get more for your money. Woodford is quite nice, for example and my family would prefer that as they all live around that way (Chingford, Chigwell, Barkingside, Dagenham (yuck!) etc)

Hystzen

Anyone staying up for the PS4 announcement tonight at 11pm?

Yup then I will end up throwing my mac at the wall when they announce you have to pay to play online. They should keep its current online system just this time remember to put the firewall on (never bothered by the PSN outage really not like we had any cases of fraud either) and keep us paying for plus

Mikeside

I'm pretty much sold on ps4 from hype alone... Convincing myself to be sensible and wait on some killer apps and.. You know... Knowing what the fucking thing is/does first!

Hystzen

I have some problems payed online and blocked used games (more the fact it punishing people who cant afford to buy things at £40-45 at launch and the stores it ruins)

I also just want a console to play games stop with this tv,youtube and other shit

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm pretty much sold on ps4 from hype alone... Convincing myself to be sensible and wait on some killer apps and.. You know... Knowing what the fucking thing is/does first!
Otherwise you'll end up in a situation where you won't turn it on for over a month...

I have some problems payed online and blocked used games (more the fact it punishing people who cant afford to buy things at £40-45 at launch and the stores it ruins)

I also just want a console to play games stop with this tv,youtube and other shit

Can't wait for the conference tonight, but I will be annoyed if Sony takes the pay to play online route (despite not playing much online on my PS3). Blocking used games too would grate with me severely, since it gives Sony a monopoly on pricing. It's the principle of the matter more than anything else.

Hopefully Sony sees sense, allows online play and access to apps such as Netflix, limited cloud saving for free, and puts everything else behind the PS+ paywall.

I'm not sure why I'm so excited- I won't even be in the market for one for a year or two after release!

Hystzen

Can't wait for the conference tonight, but I will be annoyed if Sony takes the pay to play online route (despite not playing much online on my PS3). Blocking used games too would grate with me severely, since it gives Sony a monopoly on pricing. It's the principle of the matter more than anything else.

Hopefully Sony sees sense, allows online play and access to apps such as Netflix, limited cloud saving for free, and puts everything else behind the PS+ paywall.

I'm not sure why I'm so excited- I won't even be in the market for one for a year or two after release!

I prob a more sony fanboy then i believe i own all 3 this gen but play everything on my ps3 it over 3 years old and had no issues whereas my Wii and Xbox both needed to be replaced.

Im looking at a January purchase which is why i believed the Edge reports of a EU release in Jan while the rest got it November. Also I want to see which games have been changed from PS3 titles to PS4

f0rk

Bloody Londoners and your 250k+ 2 beds.

Also this is the cool people live thread for the Sony thing, who's staying up? I have 9am lectures so hopefully it doesn't go too late.

Hystzen

Bloody Londoners and your 250k+ 2 beds.

Also this is the cool people live thread for the Sony thing, who's staying up? I have 9am lectures so hopefully it doesn't go too late.

It prob be 1 hour long but the GAF meltdowns could last hours

Hystzen

i need go staples tomorrow to print some uni work but can do that anytime really.

plus I wont miss the rage in GAF for anything I expect the people who where crying over those "sony attack ads" over nintendo be on warpath depending what is said

Hystzen

I cant stop laughing at how much DmC is a bomb it already out of the Top 40 Uk charts it lasted 2 weeks. Im impressed that fans spoke with wallets for once , I played it at friends house and just shrugged how average it was but damn it a flop. I dont remember a AAA game being knocked out of Top 40 in 2 weeks before

f0rk

I cant stop laughing at how much DmC is a bomb it already out of the Top 40 Uk charts it lasted 2 weeks. Im impressed that fans spoke with wallets for once , I played it at friends house and just shrugged how average it was but damn it a flop. I dont remember a AAA game being knocked out of Top 40 in 2 weeks before

I'd call it better than average, I enjoyed it a lot and will go back to higher difficulties. I don't have any history with the franchise though.
Much better if people bought it instead of the fucking Aliens game.

Mikeside

I'll be staying up for the meltdowns unless Casey is still over...
I need to lower my expectations but maaaaan am I sexually frustrated. I'm not sure I've ever gone this long without since my first time.

SteveWD40

If I have CCJ that is no longer on my credit record but was never settled, will that affect me adversely? It's from about 18 years ago. I lost my job, the day after my credit card came and instead of doing the sensible thing, I went on a spending spree and then moved house without paying it off. Incredibly stupid behaviour.

Nope, it would drop off after 6 years, not sure how you got away without paying it but you can always credit score yourself if your wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom