• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeside

Plans changed back, movie at my place.

What's all this about young girls? Jess was 22, she just made me FEEL too old, I wasn't actually too old for her.

Bastards :(

So the PS4 handjob is still a go get on it bro or you will have shamed Kaz

Nothing is hotter than getting one knocked out whilst watching Jack Tretton.

Jack_Tretton_FINAL.JPG
Awwwwww yeah.

Mikeside

if I ejaculate hard enough, it'll have backwards compatibility.

If you see backwards compatibility, think of me unloading all over an attractive blonde.
If not, I probably struck out :(

if I ejaculate hard enough, it'll have backwards compatibility.

If you see backwards compatibility, think of me unloading all over an attractive blonde.
If not, I probably struck out :(

If it doesn't have BC I'm personally blaming you, and your missus for not doing your respective jobs well enough!

Life if good today. Finished for the week, been the gym, got junk food for tonight, now to wait out 11pm by opening some MTG cards. Sweeeeeeeeeeeet!

Final predictions for the launch show:
Console and controller demonstrated
Brief talk about online set up (e.g. cross party chat)
Smattering of tech specs
Possibly price
Some engines on the PS4 will be shown off/tech demos

Then five or six launch titles shown:
Battlefield 4
GT6
The Last Guardian
Killzone 4
Another one or two titles

Then in the next few days a few shitty things will be unearthed that sour things a little.

Mikeside

If it doesn't have BC I'm personally blaming you, and your missus for not doing your respective jobs well enough!

Life if good today. Finished for the week, been the gym, got junk food for tonight, now to wait out 11pm by opening some MTG cards. Sweeeeeeeeeeeet!

Smattering of tech specs
Possibly price

Battlefield 4
GT6
The Last Guardian
Killzone 4

Then in the next few days a few shitty things will be unearthed that sour things a little.

If she was my missus then I could almost guarantee BC but she's not so it's kind of up to her. Fingers crossed, eh?

Hystzen

Smattering of tech specs
Possibly price

Battlefield 4
GT6
The Last Guardian
Killzone 4

No price that will be E3 conference

done my uni work, gave dog his bath, got my breadsticks n humous ready for tonight and only thing left is to clean up laptop

noffles

Banned
done my uni work, gave dog his bath, got my breadsticks n humous ready for tonight and only thing left is to clean up laptop

I'm opting for tea and double chocolate digestives for tonight.

What's the snack consensus for the rest of yous, fellas and fellette?

f0rk

Battlefield 4
GT6
The Last Guardian
Killzone 4

They would be crazy to bother with a launch line up this good. They can afford to make it meh because some people will just buy anything at launch, then give the big games room to breath on their own 6 months after to give the system some legs. Avoids the Wii U situation where they having to put out a HD remaster because they are so far behind with Zelda or whatever. GT6 in particular would give the system a big boost just as launch excitement is slowing down.

8bit

Knows the Score
Decided to stop the interview 5 hours in, job just wasnt for me, felt like i was on the young apprentice

5 hours? I've been on some extreme interviews but never quite that long unless it included lunch. And even that was for an Illuminati affiliated organisation.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
elaborate
was your suit too big

I was dapper as fuck, it was a "blue-chip company" looking to expand their "empire" I was unaware that I was going for a managerial position but essentially You had to go through 4 areas and eventually become self employed, it required entrepreneurism i simply do not have, i could've faked it and seemed really into it but as time went on throughout the day i simply knew it wasnt for me. At the start I fooled myself into thinking I would like to do something like this but I knew in my heart it's not where I want to see myself, even if it did mean I had the chance to earn alot of money if I did get the job..

I think what made me terminate the interview was the guy who was assessing me said "I will earn more than every person who lives here" As we walked through quite a shitty neighbourhood...As much as I know the guy didnt mean it in the negative sense, I didnt see myself working with people like that.

I'll stick with my music and find something to do with myself in the mean-time

Valuable experience learnt though, So no harm done... I now have 5 or 6 blisters on my feet which sucks

Also lost an earbud from my headphones...I swear im gonna start gluing them on

5 hours? I've been on some extreme interviews but never quite that long unless it included lunch. And even that was for an Illuminati affiliated organisation.

It was 8 and a half hours long with a 15 minute break for lunch and a few breaks for ciggys, but i knew it wasnt for me after those 5 hours

They would be crazy to bother with a launch line up this good. They can afford to make it meh because some people will just buy anything at launch, then give the big games room to breath on their own 6 months after to give the system some legs. Avoids the Wii U situation where they having to put out a HD remaster because they are so far behind with Zelda or whatever. GT6 in particular would give the system a big boost just as launch excitement is slowing down.

I honestly think it is what's needed. WiiU had a pretty shit launch line up, and the PS4 will be going head to head with Durango- they need to throw everything to capture market share back from Microsoft. You have right there a racing title, two FPS games, and an adventure game, which covers most bases. Only missing things are a platformer and an RPG.

Uncharted 4 and Versus 13 (lol) post launch to follow things up. Then there's Santa Monica, some of the UK studios etc to follow in the year after launch.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Decided to stop the interview 5 hours in, job just wasnt for me, felt like i was on the young apprentice
Whaaaat?
I was dapper as fuck, it was a "blue-chip company" looking to expand their "empire" I was unaware that I was going for a managerial position but essentially You had to go through 4 areas and eventually become self employed, it required entrepreneurism i simply do not have, i could've faked it and seemed really into it but as time went on throughout the day i simply knew it wasnt for me. At the start I fooled myself into thinking I would like to do something like this but I knew in my heart it's not where I want to see myself, even if it did mean I had the chance to earn alot of money if I did get the job..

I think what made me terminate the interview was the guy who was assessing me said "I will earn more than every person who lives here" As we walked through quite a shitty neighbourhood...As much as I know the guy didnt mean it in the negative sense, I didnt see myself working with people like that.

Valuable experience learnt though, So no harm done... I now have 5 or 6 blisters on my feet which sucks

It was 8 and a half hours long with a 15 minute break for lunch and a few breaks for ciggys, but i knew it wasnt for me after those 5 hours
Ooh. I know exactly the kind of job you are talking about. Sounds like those sales pyramid schemes where you have to recruit new employees to work under you before you make any money. Good that you passed on that shit.

noffles

Banned
I honestly think it is what's needed. WiiU had a pretty shit launch line up, and the PS4 will be going head to head with Durango- they need to throw everything to capture market share back from Microsoft. You have right there a racing title, two FPS games, and an adventure game, which covers most bases. Only missing things are a platformer and an RPG.

Uncharted 4 and Versus 13 (lol) post launch to follow things up. Then there's Santa Monica, some of the UK studios etc to follow in the year after launch.

If Ps4 gets exclusive Versus XIII/FFXV, Microsoft can just wave goodbye to my money.

Suairyu

Banned

This sounds like a door to door company I once worked for.

Or any other scam.

What exactly was the job? What were you doing going through these neighborhoods?

If any company ever wants you immediately into management (and it hasn't previously been advertised as such), talks about entrepreneurial skills, or basically makes it sound like you'll be running your own company, bail out.

This goes double if you're a previously unemployed teenager. Why would they want you to be a manager?

Is it based on willingness to do certain acts?
It's more to do with the market of the area they live in, how regularly they do the job (ie. is it their main income source or just something they want a big payday from every now and again?) and their own personal sense of self-worth.

Rubbish King

That sounds kind of sketchy. It might be cold comfort but you probably did the right thing.
I will take that comfort ^_^
This sounds like a door to door company I once worked for.

Or any other scam.

What exactly was the job? What were you doing going through these neighborhoods?

If any company ever wants you immediately into management (and it hasn't previously been advertised as such), talks about entrepreneurial skills, or basically makes it sound like you'll be running your own company, bail out.

This goes double if you're a previously unemployed teenager. Why would they want you to be a manager?

It's more to do with the market of the area they live in, how regularly they do the job (ie. is it their main income source or just something they want a big payday from every now and again?) and their own personal sense of self-worth.
I think the system does work for the people who are strong enough as salesmen, i dont think i was, the guy who was assessing me though, fucking dynamite salesman. There were no hard feelings, I told him i thought he would do well in life, that guy has some fucking dreams

f0rk

What company was this where you had to go walking around for an interview lol?

You can have those genres without blowing GT6/TLG straight away. Its not like Microsoft have brands with that recognition/hype besides Halo which probably won't be at launch. I think Sony can have a competitive AND a much better long game.
Also I don't want to buy one at launch but I might have to if GT6 is a launch title.

The lads on Sun Sex and Suspicious parents this week are awkkkkwwaarrdddddd

Rubbish King

Did you check it isn't stuck in your ear?
If they were ..they're in my brain now
They took me on a door to door sales thing

Essentially it works well and I actually do think their business models good...but pretty weird, it is SERIOUSLY competitive, it does seem scammy, but to be fair to them from what I saw...it actually wasn't...

Suairyu

Banned
I will take that comfort ^_^

I think the system does work for the people who are strong enough as salesmen, i dont think i was, the guy who was assessing me though, fucking dynamite salesman. There were no hard feelings, I told him i thought he would do well in life, that guy has some fucking dreams
Ahhhh, so it was door to door? Yeah. Unless you know sales are your thing, don't. It's commission only and it sucks ass.

Was it part of the Cobra Group by any chance?

Door to door companies say they'll be sending you out on a big 'interview'. Basically, this just means walking around with a salesperson while they flog their shit. If by the end of the day you haven't left, you've got the job.

Seven months later, the same company will be advertising for new employees using a different company name, never explicitly telling you it's door to door until you're out in the field and you see it yourself. They use phrases like "management", "giving presentations to clients" and all other stuff.

Dude that sounds like some kind of Pyramid scam.

If Ps4 gets exclusive Versus XIII/FFXV, Microsoft can just wave goodbye to my money.

Man what happened to that eager Nintendo fanboy! ;)

Suairyu

Banned
From the sound of it I agree with Suairyu, probably was one of those pyramid scheme sales jobs.
Dude that sounds like some kind of Pyramid scam.
Nah, they're not pyramid schemes, it's just commission-only sales ie. door to door. It's perfectly legal and not even that immoral if run above board, but they don't give a shit about you and unless you're part of that subset of society that has a talent for sales (and fair play to anyone who does - not everyone can do it) it just isn't a thing that will work out for you.

Rubbish King

It is kinda similar however there isnt a pyramid, anybody can overtake anybody..in the ranks, anyhows.... If i had got it i would've been making 350 a week.... I dont think that's a scam?

Suairyu

Banned
It is kinda similar however there isnt a pyramid, anybody can overtake anybody..in the ranks, anyhows.... If i had got it i would've been making 350 a week.... I dont think that's a scam?
Would you have been making £350 a week or would you have been making £350 'On Target Earnings'?

Because I can be 99% sure it's OTE, which means you won't be paid a penny unless you sell, and unless you're good at it you won't hit that £350.

Rubbish King

Would you have been making £350 a week or would you have been making £350 'On Target Earnings'?
OTE

Because I can be 99% sure it's OTE, which means you won't be paid a penny unless you sell, and unless you're good at it you won't hit that £350.
It is

However they use a system and to be fair the man proved it today, he said they have a method that they use...forgot the name of it... for every 100 doors you knock on 90% will say no 10% will be interested and 3-5% you will get a sale, so in one day you have to sell 3 products to hit the targets, the good thing was that they'll never fire you, they will spur you on untill you get it right, it would just be hard work, honestly im not bothered about it and im sure some people will do really well in the field...I dont think id be one of them

Hmm do i stay up to watch..ruining my sleeping pattern or just wait untill the morn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom