• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.
British games press are miserable fuckers. Just look up any of the RPS people's twitters. Or Charlie Brooker, who somehow found that Media Molecule stuff interesting and not annoyingly absent of in-game context.

they make creation titles where you custom do your own content what in game context were you looking for you cunt

They could have said "this'll be in the next LBP" or "this'll be in a new IP"

Sorry I just hate fucking "HERE'S STUFF WE MIGHT DO SOMEWHERE" presentations, it always bores me to tears

Suairyu

Banned
press x to tell jason that you had a real good time in the britgaf groupchat and irc > steamchat and that all women are whores

Sorry I just hate fucking "HERE'S STUFF WE MIGHT DO SOMEWHERE" presentations, it always bores me to tears
the ip is superfluous. they were showing off the creation tools included in their next game. i honestly don't care what skin they decide to slap on top of it and given their appalling inability to actually create fun games with their own tools neither should you.

the ip is superfluous. they were showing off the creation tools included in their next game. i honestly don't care what skin they decide to slap on top of it and given their appalling inability to actually create fun games with their own tools neither should you.

Eh suppose that's true, LBP2 bummed me out

conference was a bit shit, the controller looks nice and comfy, their online guys seems to have their shit together finally and the x86 architecture was interesting. All the good stuff came early...the rest floundered for another hour and 30 mins.

I'm still blown away that david cage showed jimmy savilles "30,000 polygon" visage at a console unveiling in 2013, and acted as if it was the dogs bollocks.

Hystzen

At least at E3 they dont need to go on with tech talk like normal, they will just show us the design (Spoiler Alert: it will be a black box),price and other small details. they can spend the whole E3 conference smashing our faces with games which is a good move

Suairyu

Banned
though that is an interesting point raised there - we're going to start seeing a massive leap forward in PC consumer tech asap. So glad I resisted upgrade temptation.

Suairyu

Banned
Also I have spotted at least two instances of the Xenoblade sequel Mech taking off gif in PS4 threads so far.

I wonder if the new Killzone will reclaim the throne of "annoying over-posted killzone gif"?

Suairyu

Banned
thanks i worked hard on it

thread was moving so I expected others to have posted in between me. oh well

anyway, goodnight for now

Salvadora

I was really disappointed that they showed Killzone & Infamous at the conference instead of some original/interesting stuff. The software side of stuff felt quite stale in comparison to the awesome hardware.

The killzone games fucking suck, eye candy is the only reason anyone plays 'em.

And watch dogs looks like Assassins creed: Desmond Edition...the game nobody asked for.

I was really disappointed that they showed Killzone & Infamous at the conference instead of some original/interesting stuff. The software side of stuff felt quite stale in comparison to the awesome hardware.

I think Naughty Dog's game must just be way too early days. Same for Santa Monica, if they've even started yet. I don't think they'd have chosen to go with Killzone and inFamous if they had better alternatives.

Knack looks cool, though! Mark Cerny making a cartoony first-party Sony game! That always turns out well!

Mikeside

Ehh, I wasn't so sure about Knack.
I'll need to see some more gameplay to decide if I'm really interested in it.

Liked the look of the actual console functionality, though - which is what I was most worried about. This has just given me a bit more confidence that PS4 is going to be something to look out for at E3.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to put a pre-order in soon.

Salvadora

I think Naughty Dog's game must just be way too early days. Same for Santa Monica, if they've even started yet. I don't think they'd have chosen to go with Killzone and inFamous if they had better alternatives.

Knack looks cool, though! Mark Cerny making a cartoony first-party Sony game! That always turns out well!
Yeah their first party studios must have their hands full at the moment. I guess it might of been the complete lack of 3rd party next generation titles as well. I suppose they will wait to E3 but I can't help feeling like it doesn't feel like much of a jump, I'm sure it will be in price department though. I'm a little afraid of the U.K pricing I must admit.
Edit: Cerny had a hand in Spyro, right? I'm going to have to pick it up then. I think sometimes Sony's first party games lack 'soul' if that makes any sense.

Edit: Cerny had a hand in Spyro, right? I'm going to have to pick it up then. I think sometimes Sony's first party games lack 'soul' if that makes any sense.

Cerny worked on Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Crash Bandicoot 1-3, Jak 1/2, Ratchet 1-3/5 and Spyro 1-3.

He's an unsung hero for sure.

noffles

Banned
I think the biggest problem with this little shindig that Sony put on is that the majority of what they showed wasn't even games. They touted social features that will allow us to watch our fellow gamers crywank after leaving their console on sleep mode because for some reason Sony thinks it's appropriate to just watch people as they play videogames. Ignoring that, we had a brief tease of a first party platformer, a man having an orgasm over lighting and textures in a car, promise of announcements from E3, a tool that people can sculp dicks with, David Cage talking about polygons, Jonathan Blow showing something surprisingly interesting and Bungie going, "Hey guys, our game is great! We're not gonna show you though." Oh yeah, Killzone and Infamous too. Those things that some people care about for reasons. If I missed anything out, it's because it really just didn't compel me and I don't care.

It says a lot when the thing that stole the show at your event was a live demo of a game that'll be cross-generation.

3/10

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
HA HA HA. My Internet literally cut off 2 minutes to one just as they were about to show Bungie stuff. I think it's fair to say the UK is still not ready for always on connectivity features.

Did they even show what the console looked like? Can't see anything about that.

To give Media Molecules some credit they showed gameplay concepts rather than a fancy CGI cutscene. I was there to see the next big thing in gaming, not what I've already seen in cinema.

It didn't help they started the short gaming showcase with a FPS sequel. And I bet MS will make the same mistake. They could have at least given it an interesting style like Team Fortress 2 to give us the impression they gave the game more than two minutes thought.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Morning Guys

So Im knackered and I didnt even stay up for the console release, I think i will be buying a ps4 first.. I dont really care about a few of the things and im having to catch up on IGN

Love the extra chip to perform background downloads

Pretty glad i didnt buy the WiiU now, but Gaming PC still coming before all of this

I think for me the most underwhelming game was Destiny. Why didnt bungie move away from space alien shooter...

HA HA HA. My Internet literally cut off 2 minutes to one just as they were about to show Bungie stuff. I think it's fair to say the UK is still not ready for always on connectivity features.

Did they even show what the console looked like? Can't see anything about that.

To give Media Molecules some credit they showed gameplay concepts rather than a fancy CGI cutscene. I was there to see the next big thing in gaming, not what I've already seen in cinema.

It didn't help they started the short gaming showcase with a FPS sequel. And I bet MS will make the same mistake. They could have at least given it an interesting style like Team Fortress 2 to give us the impression they gave the game more than two minutes thought.

I thought that! How the fuck my internet will handle all of that shit is a mystery

No they only showed it on paper

Reknoc

Didn't watch, live streams are for suckers. Pretty much what I expected from it though "here's the system, here's the shitty launch window stuff and tech demos, see y'all at E3"

Mikeside

Woke up this morning and I'm feeling good.

PS4 meeting was great - just enough there to reassure me PS4 is on the right track.
Hearing about Musha's hangover makes my lack of a hangover all the sweeter.
And got a message back from Casey saying yes to my upfront 'lets go on a proper date, it will be a date and I will be attempting to date you'

Woke up this morning and I'm feeling good.

PS4 meeting was great - just enough there to reassure me PS4 is on the right track.
Hearing about Musha's hangover makes my lack of a hangover all the sweeter.
And got a message back from Casey saying yes to my upfront 'lets go on a proper date, it will be a date and I will be attempting to date you'
If only you'd had a Freudian slip and replaced the last date with rape, that could've been the most up front text ever.

Suairyu

Banned

Mikeside

E3 and the next XBOX reveal are going to be insufferable.

No way, it's going to be glorious. I love the butthurt and so long as we can do another britgaf chat, which keeps the idiots out, it'll be a good time.

If only you'd had a Freudian slip and replaced the last date with rape, that could've been the most up front text ever.

Replacing the last date with rape is my speciality.

Suairyu

Banned
No way, it's going to be glorious. I love the butthurt and so long as we can do another britgaf chat, which keeps the idiots out, it'll be a good time.
Butthurt I enjoy.

Pointless threads ending with a question mark for the sole purpose of feeling special infuriate me.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Why didn't Sony have a counter for Non Specific Action Figure? Have they lost their marbles?

With no box shown will people assume the controller is just as addon for the PS3?

Was uStreams performance last night an indication of how streaming will be like on the PS4?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I didn't stay up last night cos I'm a wuss who needs my sleep. Go to Gaming Side - is there a sticky with screens and specs? No, there's a million posts of idiots pondering imponderables. This is what I hate most about the gaming internets, armchair experts spouting crap. They're worse than football fans talking about transfers.

As of now I have no idea what the PS4 is. I saw a gif of a shiny city, looked alright.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
PS4 has 8GB of RAM
It allows you to stream your games with uStream (note the uStream for the conference kept dying)
You can apparently assist them as well with remote play.
It has another KillZone.
We don't know the price.
We don't know what the system looks like.

Darren870

I'll pass on the PS4. I just dont have the time. Buying a PS3 was a mistake as it is.

Might get the new Xbox a year or so after. I just have like 20 games for 360 and Wii to still play.

i'm so fucking precious that i wanted to waste gaf database entries threadwatch:

PS4 Online Features = Paywall fears? (after two of his threads have already been closed)

Have The PS4's Specs Buried Wii U's Future?

Physical Backwards Compatibility in Future Consoles - Zero Chance?

Um, Where is EA?

Lol, it's like those gaffers who love to make numerous threads containing 'the industry' somewhere in the title to make the discussion sound deep and meaningful.

I thought it was a good conference, especially the first 30-40 minutes, but it dragged towards the end, and they could have done with another megaton first party wise to seal the deal. Interesting to see how Sony has really jumped to form close links with a load of third party devs. The online infrastructure and social side is brilliant too.

I really wanted the Activision guy to announce Crash Bandicoot as an exclusive over Destiny though! Nostalgia for that series is so hard!
Still don't plan on buying one for a year or two after release though, too much on my PC and PS3 to play!

Reknoc

I'll probably get the PS4 eventually, at the moment my combo is PC + PS3. Which works out alright since all I can be bothered to play nowadays is Musou games.

Probably gonna get a WiiU next month though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom