• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
u0VlQuB.jpg

Oooh! You bitch!

lol the left looks like that twilight guy..

Hey guys! I just opened a new thread, but maybe it's easier to ask this way:

LondonGAF, I've got a question for you:

I'm going to spend the upcoming weekend (tomorrow through Tuesday) in London together with my sister. I'm currently trying to find out about the best (and cheapest) way to use the city's public transport.

Our hostel is located roughly 30 mins (via tube) from the city center, so we will probably rely on tube, bus, etc. most days.

Do you have any 3 day tickets or stuff like that? I just found out about this Oyster Card thingy... But I think that might be a bit too much for such a short trip. Any advice?

I hope you guys can help me out!

Rubbish King

You might have to be patient, but there are londoners here that im sure will be happy to help as soon as they come online.. Or visit this thread :)

I myself am not a londoner so have no fackin' clue

Is that pcgamer ps4 performance thread for real? i hate the word and am loathe to use it...but are most of the people over there retarded?

It's swimming in kaz avatars and shitty killzone images...killzone, some of the worst AAA shooters of the generation.

While I like PC gaming, albeit I don't have a rig at present, I did think there was one good point early on in the thread. Will your 2013 PC still be playing games at a high standard in 2018? Does Far Cry 3 even run on a PC built in 2005 (and I have one around that vintage)? I know a lot of GAF will buy every iteration of a console, but the average person won't unless they break theirs IMO.

Still, I'm just excited for new consoles. I wish they could all win.

daviyoung

Banned

Bus is the best for distance as it's cheapest and you'll def get a seat, just have to know the route and understand that it takes longer than the Tube. Also avoid Central line at rush hour, unless you really want to experience hell.

Remember that you can't pay with money on most buses so need Oyster, travelcard or contactless credit card.

As Musha said, Oyster is a good bet but there are daily travel cards available if you're just there for a couple days.

Where are you staying?

noffles

Banned
Found my old black shoes at home. That's 1/3 things I need before I'm okay for throwing my CV about. Also, a copy of Rising I can't play yet. Agh.

Rubbish King

Found my old black shoes at home. That's 1/3 things I need before I'm okay for throwing my CV about. Also, a copy of Rising I can't play yet. Agh.

Wuht, fuck that, dont not apply to things because you havent got a suit or nice shoes, if you're lucky enough to get an interview just borrow shit off mates if needs be

Bus is the best for distance as it's cheapest and you'll def get a seat, just have to know the route and understand that it takes longer than the Tube. Also avoid Central line at rush hour, unless you really want to experience hell.

Remember that you can't pay with money on most buses so need Oyster, travelcard or contactless credit card.

As Musha said, Oyster is a good bet but there are daily travel cards available if you're just there for a couple days.

Where are you staying?

Thanks, I guess we'll have to decide when we're there, but Oyster seems the easiest route.

We're staying in Hendon, near Hendon Central.

8bit

Knows the Score
I kind of preferred it when there were fewer posts with more information in them, now it's all herpy derp questions and demented supposition.

noffles

Banned
Wuht, fuck that, dont not apply to things because you havent got a suit or nice shoes, if you're lucky enough to get an interview just borrow shit off mates if needs be

Suit? Nah, man. I'm not going to need one of those. Shirt, trousers and shoes are all I need. I'm really anal about being completely and utterly prepared though. Plus I feel really odd borrowing clothes.

My mates are all big footed bastards anyway. I have girl feet.

3Sixty

I kind of preferred it when there were fewer posts with more information in them, now it's all herpy derp questions and demented supposition.

You mean threads such as

If Durango Has BC Would You Get It Over A PS4?

or

What Will You Do If Microsoft's Console is More Powerful?

Aren't doing it for you?

8bit

Knows the Score
You mean threads such as

If Durango Has BC Would You Get It Over A PS4?

or

What Will You Do If Microsoft's Console is More Powerful?

Aren't doing it for you?

You know, I couldn't be bothered watching the stream last night and thought I'd catch up on the topics this morning. Five minutes later and I was none the wiser due to, well, everything. It's all getting a bit look at me / reddity in gaming these days.

Juicy Bob

Just spent 30 minutes typing out a long, detailed reply to the latest rape thread, only to learn the thread was locked when I clicked 'post'.

Seems to be a bit of a bloodbath in that thread, so just in case I end up getting banned myself, I love you all. Especially Dave. <3

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Lighten me up folks.

Spent the last few hours writing letters. photocopying forms and negotiating with beneficiaries over selling a house. Pain in the neck really.

f0rk

I didn't even need my CV for my grad job the application form was so long I didn't think uploading it would really add anything

Also saw this BS marketing one on reddit today
Stupid creative types

Suairyu

Banned
Hopefully it had more than 2 actual sentences on it and didn't say Work Ethic - 110%
What if it did, huh?!

tumblr_mg98m5HzR01riq6j1o1_400.gif

It was four pages long and had references and everything. Contact info, education, and work experience were organised as "courses"

Surely handing in something creative WITH your CV would be better than your CV being essentially total shit?
A CV is there to show you're qualified, not to actually get you a job. Normally it's the covering letter that grabs interest.

This guy applying for a marketing position worked out a way to turn his CV into a covering letter. For the industry he wants to work in, it's a very smart thing to do, as it both shows his creative talent and qualifications all in one go.

Mikeside

What if it did, huh?!

tumblr_mg98m5HzR01riq6j1o1_400.gif

It was four pages long and had references and everything. Contact info, education, and work experience were organised as "courses"

A CV is there to show you're qualified, not to actually get you a job. Normally it's the covering letter that grabs interest.

This guy applying for a marketing position worked out a way to turn his CV into a covering letter. For the industry he wants to work in, it's a very smart thing to do, as it both shows his creative talent and qualifications all in one go.

Yeah but there's just so little information on there and let's be honest - as packaging, it doesn't look great anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom