• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
He didn't get the job because the interviewer was allergic to nuts and the numpty forgot to put a warning label on the wrapper.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Fuck post #100:

Anyone done a tour of multiple European countries by rail?

I was meant to be last year until my dad had a car crash :( Wrote off the car, he'd made me stay at school instead of working so I had qualifications to get into Uni, he said if i finished he'd pay for the flight to france and a euro rail card, whilst i had some good funds saved it wasnt enough :/

I plan to go before I go to University though :)
are you 8?

Nah I've just started getting up really early

Went for another jog this morning but with running shoes

Happy to report no blisters this time...although the ones I have are still there under compeeds

So what's on for tonight GAF? Doing anything fun for friday? Personally I shall be playing games all day as I havent actually played anything since I arrived here

noffles

Banned
Tonight? Rising. It's in my bag right now and will get an install once I'm back at uni.

Also, I'm on the front of a DLR train right now and it really does feel like I'm driving. Bit harrowing at turns though. >_>

Rubbish King

Tonight? Rising. It's in my bag right now and will get an install once I'm back at uni.

Also, I'm on the front of a DLR train right now and it really does feel like I'm driving. Bit harrowing at turns though. >_>
Oh the new one? Is that out yet?
Nope. Almost so looked into it a bit. For some reason I thought the inter rail card was valid for 3 months of unlimited use but upon investigation I found out that you can only use it for a set number of days over that time period.

I know it's mad now, my dad went when he was younger and he said it was £100 for 3 months unlimited travel or something along those lines, not it may as well be extortion, especially when people usually do this after university I remember finding the closest thing to what my dad had back in his day and it was £900

Fuck life.

But I'm still going to do it

noffles

Banned
Oh the new one? Is that out yet?

Came out today, arrived at my Dad's place yesterday. I'm installing it on my 360 right now. Can't really start playing it until about 7pm tonight.

Argh.

Also, got invited out to my friend's friend's birthday tomorrow, but he's a wanker so I'm bailing. Not sure why she's friends with him, but whatever.

Suairyu

Banned
CHEEZMO™;48057567 said:
I was actually gonna do that with a GAFer last year but alas. Can I come with?
Not until you start speaking on Skype.

Yeah I'd like to do something like that. So where we going Suairyu?
Was honestly thinking an unlimited travel/15 day pass. £387, can go wherever you want during those 15 days. Whirlwind tour of Europe for those 15 days, then a few days chilling in Paris, I reckon. Do you want to be the big or little spoon?

Nope. Almost so looked into it a bit. For some reason I thought the inter rail card was valid for 3 months of unlimited use but upon investigation I found out that you can only use it for a set number of days over that time period.
A select number of days over a 2 month period, or unlimited uses within a certain time period (15 days, 22 days, one month). The select number of days option doesn't include France, which is dumb.

Unlimited in 15 days is £387. 22 for £453. Month for £585. So long as you're planning to visit lots of places, that's astonishingly good value. If you want a slower place and more time in each city (and don't want to do France), the select days over 2 months works out better.

Rubbish King

Came out today, arrived at my Dad's place yesterday. I'm installing it on my 360 right now. Can't really start playing it until about 7pm tonight.

Argh.

Also, got invited out to my friend's friend's birthday tomorrow, but he's a wanker so I'm bailing. Not sure why she's friends with him, but whatever.

Nice, looks pretty deeeece

lol, fair enough, stayin and play video gams like a true man

Cleaning my room right now, feeling fresh now from the jog, love it

So what's on for tonight GAF? Doing anything fun for friday? Personally I shall be playing games all day as I havent actually played anything since I arrived here

Tonight I am doing nothing. Was considering going to the cinema but I think the boyfriend is getting lonely with me doing all these things after work. Tomorrow is London Super Comic Con! Can't wait, been looking forward to it for ages.

Sunday I am going to the cinema, might get 2 films in. Not sure what I'm going to see yet, either Die Hard 5, Wreck it Ralph, Beautiful Creatures, Django or Mama. I'm thinking Wreck it Ralph and Mama.

Mikeside

I'm going to see Suzy to say goodbye to the dog, Starsky before tomorrow, as he's being put down.

Going to be pretty difficult, as he was our dog for about 3 and a half years, I just hope she doesn't try to turn the conversation to anything about 'us'.

After that, probably get back on Dead Space 3.

Rubbish King

Good to see you're all doing something, Mush i think leave die hard till dvd release.....

What kinda dog is it mike?

3sixty, why the fuck are you going to newcastle

3Sixty

3sixty, why the fuck are you going to newcastle

200px-FC_Southampton.svg.png

Mikeside

Good to see you're all doing something, Mush i think leave die hard till dvd release.....

What kinda dog is it mike?

Black labrador, he's a great dog, but his legs have given up on him & his hips are royally fucked too.

I don't think I can be bothered to see Die Hard 5. I actually didn't mind 4 (granted, it wasn't really a Die Hard movie), but everything I've seen of 5 just doesn't do anything for me. Same with Skyfall actually, though it's probably amazing, I just can't be arsed with it.

I have high hopes for this match. Would be nice to start getting a few points in the back pocket before the Liverpool and Chelsea matches.

Suairyu

Banned
Going to try and do it this summer, Hungarian GP then travel for as long as my money lets me. When are you thinking?
Not this Summer, but next. Want to have a saving goal for a year, as I've never really managed my finances with that degree of forward thinkingness before. Need to get into the habit of thinking of income not as disposable.

SKINNER!

Banned
Not this Summer, but next. Want to have a saving goal for a year, as I've never really managed my finances with that degree of forward thinkingness before. Need to get into the habit of thinking of income not as disposable.

Just open up a Savings account and throw some money into it at the start of every month. That's how I fund my yearly trips abroad.

Rubbish King

Literally five minutes into trying to continue with fable 3...I CANT DO IT

IT'S JUST TOO BAD TO PLAY!

Downloading MGS4 patch, better get on with this, i might actually have to give it back soon! :p

I think I'm mostly reading about home brewing tonight. Mostly.
Nice.
meeehhhhhhpp
Black labrador, he's a great dog, but his legs have given up on him & his hips are royally fucked too.

I don't think I can be bothered to see Die Hard 5. I actually didn't mind 4 (granted, it wasn't really a Die Hard movie), but everything I've seen of 5 just doesn't do anything
N'aww, that sucks man, just go for the dog, dont worry too much about the other stuff!

Suairyu

Banned
Just open up a Savings account and throw some money into it at the start of every month. That's how I fund my yearly trips abroad.
I think I've had a savings accounts for years and only put £5 in it back when I was 16. Will need to ask the bank chaps how I access it these days.

noffles

Banned
I just find it amazing that people are comparing Ps4 games to PC games already. Once Microsoft and Sony have both played their cards, PC games are just going to shit in the letterbox and set it on fire.

Not until you start speaking on Skype.

Was honestly thinking an unlimited travel/15 day pass. £387, can go wherever you want during those 15 days. Whirlwind tour of Europe for those 15 days, then a few days chilling in Paris, I reckon. Do you want to be the big or little spoon?

A select number of days over a 2 month period, or unlimited uses within a certain time period (15 days, 22 days, one month). The select number of days option doesn't include France, which is dumb.

Unlimited in 15 days is £387. 22 for £453. Month for £585. So long as you're planning to visit lots of places, that's astonishingly good value. If you want a slower place and more time in each city (and don't want to do France), the select days over 2 months works out better.

Will it not be too much of a whistle stop tour in that time span? If you're going to have to travel most days that's a real killer too. When I did a whistle stop tour of South-East Asia (just under 4 weeks) there was a period where I travelled almost every other day, so draining.

SKINNER!

Banned
Cheezmo, you should try some solo travellin' at Europe next year and then meet up with Gaffers at a bar or something if they happen to be in the area. seriously, solo travellin' can be a lot of fun.

The Microsoft reveal & E3 are going to be bloody this year.

Quite strange to see MS coming last to announce their console considering how quick they were with the 360. I'd love to see them pull a Sega Saturn launch and really fuck everyone up.

noffles

Banned
Quite strange to see MS coming last to announce their console considering how quick they were with the 360. I'd love to see them pull a Sega Saturn launch and really fuck everyone up.

GAF would explode.
Microsoft would explode.
Consumers will explode.
Retail space will explode.

Seriously though, that sort of thing would get leaked ahead of time in this day and age. 360 Slim did.

Rubbish King

I just find it amazing that people are comparing Ps4 games to PC games already. Once Microsoft and Sony have both played their cards, PC games are just going to shit in the letterbox and set it on fire.

Why? I dont understand, people are excited,and yes although they havent brought up the most amazing stuff yet, i dont see anything wrong comparing pc and ps4, if it were any other format or company who had released their console stats and gameplay first, I'd be doing the same.

It's kinda funny seeing people shit on it for pretty much no reason though, I think it's impressive comparing it to the launch titles of the ps3 and I definitely will be buying one, just debating what console i buy first, and if i get either on release.

Yeah PC gaming will shit all over them, but I that doesnt stop the fact that it IS impressive how far gaming has come in the last 10-20 years

Hystzen

afbr6c.gif

METAL GEAR RISINGGGGGGG

Jesus, man. Gaming side has gone all out retarded these past few days.

I'm shocked half gaming side is not banned, port begging is bannable but every game thread is PLEASE COME TO WII U.....then it doesnt happen NOBODY BUYS WII U FOR 3RD PARTY GAMES

Rubbish King

For fucks sake, not sure if i should just start a new MGS4 campaign for the trophies.....

I reckon the Ps4 will bomb.

lol, you reckon wrong.

Unless they put a price of £400+ It will not bomb, i saw the post you said relating it to Vita sales, handheld and console gaming just aren't relatable in this instance.

Hell even if the PS4 is more expensive.. It won't do badly..

Reknoc

No Rising for me this weekend :< payday isn't until next week and I'm skint since I needed to buy some new shoes.

Also because I got Ragnarok Odyssey on PSN on Wednesday lol

For fucks sake, not sure if i should just start a new MGS4 campaign for the trophies.....

I considered that, then realised that would require playing act 3 again.

Rubbish King

No Rising for me this weekend :< payday isn't until next week and I'm skint since I needed to buy some new shoes.

Im on act 2....do you think i should? Im in South America Vista Mansiony bit

Hystzen

Act 3 is piss just dart every guard on the way then when jeeps patrol crawl behind. It simple if you already played before and know the route the guy takes. Still sucks compared to rest of game, I'm one of those who dont think MGS4 shits the bed with the series I love it

An old coworker is coming down from Hull, so a bunch of us at work are gonna hit up city centre tonight and rock out. And maybe some drunk Rising if I'm still conscious at the end of the night. xD

Got to stage 3 last night. There's a surprising amount of sneaking in the game, which is pretty great. Still finding it kinda easy on Hard though.

Rubbish King

Act 3 is piss just dart every guard on the way then when jeeps patrol crawl behind. It simple if you already played before and know the route the guy takes. Still sucks compared to rest of game, I'm one of those who dont think MGS4 shits the bed with the series I love it

Hystzen, consult me, should i restart

An old coworker is coming down from Hull, so a bunch of us at work are gonna hit up city centre tonight and rock out. And maybe some drunk Rising if I'm still conscious at the end of the night. xD

Nice, where abouts are you? I dont remember you saying

Reknoc

Im on act 2....do you think i should? Im in South America Vista Mansiony bit

Yea might as well, Act 1 and 2 are the peak of the game anyway.

I'm not a fan, I do think the game is really good, it's just not a game for long enough.

noffles

Banned
lol, you reckon wrong.

Unless they put a price of £400+ It will not bomb, i saw the post you said relating it to Vita sales, handheld and console gaming just aren't relatable in this instance.

Hell even if the PS4 is more expensive.. It won't do badly..

I made a Vita post? When?

Rubbish King

Guess I'd better brace for cutscenes galore then.

Yea might as well, Act 1 and 2 are the peak of the game anyway.

I'm not a fan, I do think the game is really good, it's just not a game for long enough.
May aswell, cant remember the fucking buttons!! :(
I made a Vita post? When?
When BritGAF were concerned with your trolling you did make a rather absurd post saying something along the lines of "The vita bombed, so therefore the ps4 will"
Kinda went full retard
Depends if you renting or bought it, if bought just finish it then go through again on harder mode if renting just restart now

Was lent it ages ago... figured I may aswell start again..forgot the buttons anyway..

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
What if it did, huh?!

MAD COW

It was four pages long and had references and everything. Contact info, education, and work experience were organised as "courses"

A CV is there to show you're qualified, not to actually get you a job. Normally it's the covering letter that grabs interest.

This guy applying for a marketing position worked out a way to turn his CV into a covering letter. For the industry he wants to work in, it's a very smart thing to do, as it both shows his creative talent and qualifications all in one go.

Wait wait wait - a suit is too much for a job in Tescos but you go all Blue Peter for a restaurant job?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom