• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

f0rk

Facebook messages and Words with friends, I think Tash and Musha have something going on

thank god we're done with that page

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
a time travelling robot arrives and proceeds to beat val to death using dice forcefully taken from his hands. after mere moments of beating, the robot turns and leaves val to die a slow and painful death, one that he most likely does not deserve. giving him some last moments of recognition, the robot mutters:

"no dice".
emot-colbert.gif

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Not even a passport?

he's never been out of the country

Also he's fucking MASSIVE, most bouncers aint got shit on him

ANYHOWS

I'll drop you a message tomorrow Jed if i manage to get a bit of funding for a pub visit on the side ^_^

NIGHT GAF.xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

SteveWD40

Saw the ad for the Trevor Nelson collection, got instant nostalgia vibe for the mid 90's when I was at college, straight to iTunes and bought.

That's powerful advertising.

Oh and Trevor Nelson hasn't aged in 20 years, black don't crack.

Hystzen

I about quarter way into chapter 4 thats enough for me time for THQuality

Yeah Mike it action game with some MGS style cutscenes very jokey though alot of jokes at Metal gear itself

Hystzen

When a character says

"Raiden you need to take a DOOMP (yup it meant sound like Dump)"

then he replies

"ok....wait what"

you know what type of game it is

Mikeside

I keep thinking I should play Bayonetta, but there's just so much ELSE to play.

I think I have Vanquish from PS Plus, maybe I'll give that a go soon

Hystzen

I keep thinking I should play Bayonetta, but there's just so much ELSE to play.

I think I have Vanquish from PS Plus, maybe I'll give that a go soon

Vanquish is free yeah on PS+ it short game but so much fun when the gameplay clicks it took me a while to work out boost timing but damn when you do

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
With my plan to get a PS3 I could consider Bayonetta but then I remember it was a shoddy port. Some say ignorance is bliss if you don't compare it directly with the 360 version side by side but some say you can tell where it's performing worse. Shame to skip a game with both Outrun and Space Harrier music.

Hystzen

isn't the guy just raiden but with a gun anyway

when Raiden skids on the floor after seeing that guy jump on train after beating Metal Gear Ray on prologue he does a vanquish boost

but yeah pretty much

With my plan to get a PS3 I could consider Bayonetta but then I remember it was a shoddy port. Some say ignorance is bliss if you don't compare it directly with the 360 version side by side but some say you can tell where it's performing worse. Shame to skip a game with both Outrun and Space Harrier music.

It not that bad I have PS3 version it vastly overblown online people make it sound unplayable

Hystzen

Is Rising that much better than DmC

Depends on what you want

I remember you saying not played other DMC games or very little of them so that kind of changes the view a bit.

Rising to me is how DmC should have been with combat it flashy but also technical at same time. No broken Demon Dodges like DmC with massive hitboxes so you rarely miss a attack, Rising is very tight also its parry system works in 2 ways perfect timing stuns the enemy with off timing guards the attack only. So it makes you want to learn the timing of parry attacks

If you played Bayonetta the combat is a slighty less refined version of that

f0rk

Depends on what you want

I remember you saying not played other DMC games or very little of them so that kind of changes the view a bit.

Rising to me is how DmC should have been with combat it flashy but also technical at same time. No broken Demon Dodges like DmC with massive hitboxes so you rarely miss a attack, Rising is very tight also its parry system works in 2 ways perfect timing stuns the enemy with off timing guards the attack only. So it makes you want to learn the timing of parry attacks

If you played Bayonetta the combat is a slighty less refined version of that

Hmmm that sounds good, maybe I'll try it out when it's cheap. Shame it's not on PC, annoying to pay more money when it won't look as good as I'm used to.

Hystzen

Hmmm that sounds good, maybe I'll try it out when it's cheap. Shame it's not on PC, annoying to pay more money when it won't look as good as I'm used to.

I dont think Platinum ported a game to PC ever so if they did I would be wary of its quality. It a shame really people who use PC only should get play some awesome action games if it was same quality as the DMC4 port which shits on console version be amazing

At least Platinum make games that fit the confines of the platforms they're on. Too many devs lately pushing consoles further than they were ever intended to go.

Suairyu

Banned
So er

Holy shit Google Glass

Like you hear the concept and you think it'll be complete shit

And then you see the videos and you're like "oh wait this actually looks amazing"

This is seriously going to be a game changer. Like, when iPhone just completely changed the way phones are made. This is going to be like that x100.

Which video, Su? Link us up, Google Glass has interested me from day one but it's still in wacky Tomorrowland category for me.

Yeah like Bayonetta

The 360 version that runs totally fine? The PS3 version wasn't made by them, you know.

Vanquish runs excellently on PS3.

f0rk

I don't care who made it I demand compensation! Wanted to like that game more than I did but framerate was baaaddd

Guess now I'll never play a Bayonetta game properly

Hystzen

At least Platinum make games that fit the confines of the platforms they're on. Too many devs lately pushing consoles further than they were ever intended to go.

Which is why i cry more over Wonderful 101 being on Wii U then Bayo2 , that game is going to flop but i wish it would not due to it being a new IP. At first I didnt get the fuss but man it looks insane even got dodge offsets and dodge cancels

Suairyu

Banned
Which video, Su? Link us up, Google Glass has interested me from day one but it's still in wacky Tomorrowland category for me.
Okay, so

First, you watch their new promo video

That really shows what it's all about, but your natural reaction is "yeah, nice faked promo video bet it sucks"

Then

Watch The Verge's hands on with the thing

And suddenly you think "wait BACK THE FUCK UP it is 100% like that promo video?!"

I showed my dad, who rolled his eyes at the idea of a "wearable computer". He was stunned. Most of all, he was stunned by how stylish the thing looks. He could also see how he would use it day to day.

I'm a convert instantly.

Won't jump in on gen one, as right now it doesn't have cellular data so it won't work outside of GPS and wifi, but maybe two or three years down the line and I'm there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom