• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suairyu

Banned
Sorry for your loss mate, family's family, no matter what they were like.
I disagree with this profusely.

However, if it does genuinely feel like a loss, my thoughts are with you, Jedeye. BritGAF is here to make you laugh with silly anecdotes, should you need it.

I genuinely can't stand when people do these. WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO EXPRESS, TASH? WHAT IS IT SUPPOSED TO MEEEEAAAAANNNN???
Have you never watched anime or something? You on a gaming forum for crying out loud - Japanese things should not be a mystery to you!

Mikeside

I disagree with this profusely.

However, if it does genuinely feel like a loss, my thoughts are with you, Jedeye. BritGAF is here to make you laugh with silly anecdotes, should you need it.

Have you never watched anime or something? You on a gaming forum for crying out loud - Japanese things should not be a mystery to you!

I just can't watch anime without thinking "well this is total shit" - definite culture clash
Very rare that I find any anime I don't hate.

Prove me wrong, I'd love to find so.e decent anime

Suairyu

Banned
I just can't watch anime without thinking "well this is total shit" - definite culture clash
Very rare that I find any anime I don't hate.

Prove me wrong, I'd love to find so.e decent anime
Standard answer:
Have you tried Cowboy Bebop? (It's good)
Ghost in the Shell? (the movies. Series is fun but very anime)

Suairyu answer:

If you have any experience working full time for a salaried job: Hataraki Man
If you'd love to watch a crime drama that can stand toe-to-toe with the live-action stuff: Monster

Mikeside

Standard answer:
Have you tried Cowboy Bebop? (It's good)
Ghost in the Shell? (the movies. Series is fun but very anime)

Suairyu answer:

If you have any experience working full time for a salaried job: Hataraki Man
If you'd love to watch a crime drama that can stand toe-to-toe with the live-action stuff: Monster

I'll give them a go. You'd better be right though!

Suairyu

Banned
I got served fish and chips in the work canteen today. Fucking delicious.

Think I'll have fish finger butties when I get home, too.

id say watch gundam wing but thats best if you watch with nolstagia.
Gundam Wing is quality but I think you need an inherent liking of anime to appreciate the mecha mecha stomp stomp.

Suairyu

Banned
Mononoke is one of my favourite movies.

But

I don't think it's a movie that lends itself to rewatches.

It's not that rewatches reveal it to be bad, just that the film is all about discovery and a journey. Its impact is reduced by rewatches.

So I tend to avoid watching it. Watched it maybe four times since I was 15.

Two best Ghibli films are Whisper of the Heart and Only Yesterday. Both capture life so perfectly.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Hell yeah, it's in my top 10. But I disagree on the rewatch bit. It's one of the few films I make a habit of watching at least once a year. No more frequent than that as I don't want it to get stale.
Co-signed! Although I prefer Porco Rosso, for some reason. Maybe it's Michael Keaton's killer VO.
Almost all of them are god-tier but PM remains my favorite possibly due to nostalgia. Soundtracks and voice acting are always superb.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
i remember an anime that used to be on toonami, i dont remember what it was called or what it was about, but i remember the main character being given passage along the sea in a massive whales' sidehole thing

I never found out what it was

:(

Rubbish King

i remember an anime that used to be on toonami, i dont remember what it was called or what it was about, but i remember the main character being given passage along the sea in a massive whales' sidehole thing

Does anybody actually know what this is?

Suairyu

Banned

Blue Submarine 6.

They edited the four OVAs into a movie and played it all in one go at like 9pm one night.

edit - jesus you're impatient.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Guys, I've got some awful news.

I just found out PS4 will not support CD or SACD.

Sony's anti-consumer empire must be stopped.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
...that was surprisingly easy. Time to get a NFC-shielding wallet.
Is that bollocks Jackben? I can't separate fiction from reality anymore!

oh no whatever will I do now I can never ever enjoy the music I have on CD if only there was some way to take that music and put it on my ps4 via some other means if only

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I remember the days when my walkman would be a constant companion everywhere I went. I never truly believed those days would end.

I neverthought Sony would abandon and betray what originally made them great.
...that was surprisingly easy. Time to get a NFC-shielding wallet.
Is that bollocks Jackben? I can't separate fiction from reality anymore!
It seems to be a true statement.
But my reaction to it is not. Do people really care about putting their CDs in a PS4?

Suairyu

Banned
Though in fairness, how the fuck doesn't it? Blu ray drives play CDs by default. SONY invented the format so license fees won't be the issue. I don't care, but I also genuinely don't understand.

Hystzen

Hey you guys, Metal Gear Rising is fucking fantastic.

It damn amazing it could be my favorite soundtrack since Deus Ex, the Mistral boss vocal part reminds me of a Persona song. Actually that one feature I love the scaling music starts instrumental then turns into vocals last quater of the health bar

Also the sly Metal gear jokes

"oh shit not again"

what about VHS please tell me it plays VHS

noffles

Banned
It damn amazing it could be my favorite soundtrack since Deus Ex, the Mistral boss vocal part reminds me of a Persona song. Actually that one feature I love the scaling music starts instrumental then turns into vocals last quater of the health bar

Also the sly Metal gear jokes

"oh shit not again"

The music in that fight was amazing and that little joke got a chuckle from me, especially when it was followed by the worst "kept you waiting" line ever.

Rubbish King

Fish and Chips were glorious

GLORIOUS

Going to Guildford to see the Uni tomorrow..should be fun :D

EDIT: Jackben that roleplay thread is some wierdly awesome shit, how the flying fuck does it even work?!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

GLORIOUS

EDIT: Jackben that roleplay thread is some wierdly awesome shit, how the flying fuck does it even work?!

You're coming to Guildford?? Dude I'm just down the road, fancy a drink?

edit: I'm going to regret this aren't I? Mike are you around too, let's make it less weird :p

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

GLORIOUS

STALKER ALERT

No but really, you talking about the Quest for the Holy Relics? It's a Dungeons and Dragons play-by-post game. DnD is basically the granddaddy archetype of all Pen and Paper RPGs which really inspired the core mechanics of role-playing games in general. Without going into too much detail, we play characters of our choosing and design in a game world set up by the Dungeon Master. In the thread and we role-play our characters along with dice rolls that determine whether our characters are successful in their actions in solving the dungeon master's challenges.

Suairyu

Banned
Fishfinger butties were glorious

GLORIOUS

Listening to a friend panic as she decided to divorce her husband tonight..should be fun :D

Rubbish King

You're coming to Guildford?? Dude I'm just down the road, fancy a drink?

edit: I'm going to regret this aren't I? Mike are you around too, let's make it less weird :p
could be cool! But I'm not sure I'll have enough for more than...a pint.. have to see in the morning when I check my funds..but that sounds nice :D
Tashbrooke is too young to drink don't be silly
Shut up you
just hide your hoovers
Sound advice
STALKER ALERT

No but really, you talking about the Quest for the Holy Relics? It's a Dungeons and Dragons play-by-post game. DnD is basically the granddaddy archetype of all Pen and Paper RPGs which really inspired the core mechanics of role-playing games in general. Without going into too much detail, we play characters of our choosing and design in a game world set up by the Dungeon Master. In the thread and we role-play our characters along with dice rolls that determine whether our characters are successful in their actions in solving the dungeon master's challenges.
Hehe, i clicked on the thread and only recognised you :p

Fishfinger butties were glorious

GLORIOUS

Sec.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom