• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I forget, sorry - came up straightaway for me though!

You ignored my comment about beers with Lewis :p

Edit: tash, my course is VMware vcp5.1

Mmm, gonna have to find a better source for my shit I think, the site I use been getting sloppy.

And yeah man, I'd be up for a night out. I wonder if we're all free this weekend? I should be.

Mr. Sam

Spartacus, like a lot of good television series, has a breaking in period. The Wire, Breaking Bad, Deadwood; all shows which nearly bored me to tears when I first started watching them, but I now consider brilliant. Spartacus - or Blood and Sand, at least - is much the same. It seems very juvenile at first (what with all the tits and gore) but finds its stride after about three or four episodes and suddenly becomes pretty compelling. A shame that the lead, Andy Whitfield, died and his replacement is nothing but a shadow.

Morning BritGAF, I'm currently sat at work wondering if the temp that started yesterday is planning on coming in today. It's not looking good.

Bagsy that job!

Mikeside

Mmm, gonna have to find a better source for my shit I think, the site I use been getting sloppy.

And yeah man, I'd be up for a night out. I wonder if we're all free this weekend? I should be.

I think I am actually - be nice to wind down after this week!
Any suggestions for fun date ideas around Aldershot/Camberley tomorrow night? Nothing at cinema looks good and she doesn't fancy bowling

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Spartacus, like a lot of good television series, has a breaking in period. The Wire, Breaking Bad, Deadwood; all shows which nearly bored me to tears when I first started watching them, but I now consider brilliant. Spartacus - or Blood and Sand, at least - is much the same. It seems very juvenile at first (what with all the tits and gore) but finds its stride after about three or four episodes and suddenly becomes pretty compelling. A shame that the lead, Andy Whitfield, died and his replacement is nothing but a shadow.

Bagsy that job!

I'm sorry who are you?
Tits and gore? Sold.
I honestly think books set in that time are more erotic and..well graphic in general

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I think I am actually - be nice to wind down after this week!
Any suggestions for fun date ideas around Aldershot/Camberley tomorrow night? Nothing at cinema looks good and she doesn't fancy bowling

Dinner at burger king and a shifty finger in the park? That's how my dates used to go.

Just go to a nice pub and have a drink and a chat. Everything else is just frills on the basic 'hanging out' premise innit.

Mikeside

Dinner at burger king and a shifty finger in the park? That's how my dates used to go.

Just go to a nice pub and have a drink and a chat. Everything else is just frills on the basic 'hanging out' premise innit.

We're having dinner at Nandos or somewhere similar, pub is fine but thought something more exciting might be a better impression... Might just find somewhere with a pool table and try my best not to embarrass myself.

Shifty finger would be nice but I won't get my hopes up

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
I'm sorry who are you?

plastics.gif

Welcome to BritGAF

Rubbish King

Does anyone have a opinion on where is the best place to buy a pre-built gaming PC? I can't assemble PC's by myself as knowing me I'd fry it but at the same time I don't want to pay that much over the odds because I'm buying pre-built.

Rubbish King

Jesus Tash, we're trying to be LESS cliquey

I'm sorry, I just felt this bitchy rage bubbling up inside of me untill it spewed out onto Mr Sams face

Just got a call for a customer service rep

The dude used lines I heard in the last "Blue-Chip Company"

I DONT WANT TO BE A GOD DAMN DOOR SALESMAN

SKINNER!

Banned
Does anyone have a opinion on where is the best place to buy a pre-built gaming PC? I can't assemble PC's by myself as knowing me I'd fry it but at the same time I don't want to pay that much over the odds because I'm buying pre-built.

From my experience, PCs that are labelled "gaming" tend to be overpriced simply because they put "gaming" in its title. If you're not too bothered about playing games with the graphic set to ultra high then you can pick up a decent media PC for a great price. Just keep an eye out for the processor, ram and graphics card when you're browsing for one.

Suairyu

Banned
I'm sorry, I just felt this bitchy rage bubbling up inside of me untill it spewed out onto Mr Sams face

Just got a call for a customer service rep

The dude used lines I heard in the last "Blue-Chip Company"

I DONT WANT TO BE A GOD DAMN DOOR SALESMAN
Simple solution:

"Does the job involve going from customer residence to customer residence?"

Ask that. It's so specific they have to be honest.

If you ask flat out "door to door" they'll deny it. If you use the term "sales" or "selling" they'll deny it.

I've been on both sides of the fence. I've had a custom built one from Cyberpower systems, and made my own with parts from Ebuyer and Overclockers.

I can say with certainty that putting my own together was the better experience. It's cheaper, and you get exactly what you want in the box. I also did a better job with things like the wiring, since the site I bought the pre built from made you pay extra for tidy cabling....

Try the self built PC thread over on the gaming side, and do your research!

This isn't even taking into account how easy it is to build PCs by the way. Piece of flat wood on the floor to insulate the components, and buy a static wristband as extra insurance if needs be. So many guides and walkthroughs online to talk you through!

Rubbish King

Simple solution:

"Does the job involve going from customer residence to customer residence?"

Ask that. It's so specific they have to be honest.

If you ask flat out "door to door" they'll deny it. If you use the term "sales" or "selling" they'll deny it.

I know this is wussy to ask...but i googled the company and they are door to door people, what should I do? I wanna ring them up and cancel but I dont know what to say...

Rubbish King

ahh i gotta ring them up

Fuck it

aha that was painless, another person answered... EASY :D

literally took 20 seconds, now i feel silly

Suairyu

Banned
It's seriously easy to do.

Wires are colour coded.

Follow a guide off Google and work slow. It's what I did. Should be done in under an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom