• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
I remember my brother getting the SPV for Christmas one year, it can't have been no later than 1998 I would have thought.

Apparently the Corgi SPV came out in 2006. There was the old Dinky version before that dating back to the 1960's (but presumably kept going along with series repeats).

CHEEZMO™;48362908 said:
Let's talk about somthing else.

CAKES, EVERYBODY LOVES CAKES!

20111004202238!Donkeyshrek.jpg

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
People who change their name just do it for attention. It's dumb. A Tash by any other name would be as angsty.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Yeah, last time somebody did that in here everyone started douching around and stole his avatar.

What are you changing your name to, if anything?

I think by using pretty much my real name its taken away the anonymity, a few of my friends actually end up on GAF sometimes..
This is my little world I escape to... So mixing them would be shitty

God dammit guys.

I like Daft Punk.

I don't like Dominos.

I always take merchandise out of the boxes, I buy it to display it, not to keep it in mint condition just so I can sell it years later.

Don't ban Tash, he's fun to wind up. But don't let him change his name either.

I think that's it.

Right, now I'm caught up, I just saw my friend who's designing my tattoo, she showed me the designs so far and they're awesome! Just needs to be put together now. Gonna start hunting for a tattooist to do it soon, I'm so excited!!!

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
It's was definitely in the 90's unless a company such as Matchbox also released models?

Looks like a (slightly smaller) reworking of the Dinky model was bought out in the 1990s by Vivid Imaginations - see here: http://captainscarlet.sfdaydreams.com/vividscarlet.htm - but otherwise it's Dinky in the 1960s and Corgi in the 2000s. Sounds like your brother got the knockoff and you got the late (but better) model.

Hystzen

I like Daft Punk.

I don't like Dominos.

Right, now I'm caught up, I just saw my friend who's designing my tattoo, she showed me the designs so far and they're awesome! Just needs to be put together now. Gonna start hunting for a tattooist to do it soon, I'm so excited!!!

Finding a good artist is hardest part it's reason I never got any further then planning stages

Looks like a (slightly smaller) reworking of the Dinky model was bought out in the 1990s by Vivid Imaginations - see here: http://captainscarlet.sfdaydreams.com/vividscarlet.htm - but otherwise it's Dinky in the 1960s and Corgi in the 2000s. Sounds like your brother got the knockoff and you got the late model.

I think you're correct, the one my brother had definitely had a sliding door and I think the tracks moved, I had the red car which also arrived today.

Mikeside

Does anybody else fucking LOVE the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy

Ahh the theme tune fills me with glee

Radio show?
Books?
Film?
???

All important questions.

I love the books, don't really care for the movie (though I have no idea why) and for some reason still haven't listened to the original radio show

Sweet, where abouts do you want it?

I have three, right thigh, right ankle and my back.

I'm never getting another one on my back, my teeth were chattering as the needle went over my spine.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Radio show?
Books?
Film?
???

All important questions.

I love the books, don't really care for the movie (though I have no idea why) and for some reason still haven't listened to the original radio show

Radio show was without a doubt the best. Bought the whole lot on vinyl (but long since lost them).

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Daft Punk goes in my background music category. If it comes on I'll not turn it off, but I won't really pay attention to it. Though that overplayed Harder, Faster, Softer, Slower, Taller, Shorter, Mix it, Fix it, Throw it, Row it or whatever it goes and the basically identical one about saving and printing a word document have overstayed their welcome. Repetitive beyond belief and I listen to the 1-2 theme from Super Mario Bros.

daviyoung

Banned
Nu-uhh Phisheep is king here and what he says goes

Thankfully we're an enlightened republic who understand that the finest literature embiggens the greatest minds. Not some pseudo-autocracy that allows people's brains to melt as they listen to actors struggle with delicate nuance. Viva la revolution!

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Thankfully we're an enlightened republic who understand that the finest literature embiggens the greatest minds. Not some pseudo-autocracy that allows people's brains to melt as they listen to actors struggle with delicate nuance. Viva la revolution!

You're meddling with forces you cant control Davi

It is a dangerous game you play

In shadows we shall fight, cloaks and hidden daggers

SKINNER!

Banned
thunderbirds-movie.jpg

This is the thunderbirds i know and love

...dude! You just made me remember Busted. Not cool at all.

The Dominos hotdog crust isn't great.

I'll go back to cheese next time

Gutted :( I haven't had a dominoes in aaages and I was looking forward to this being mind blowing. Oh well, trying it with low expectations on Saturday.

Oh, and I'm heading up to Inverness on that day too. If I see Kentpaul I'll be sure let him know that Tashbrooke is doing a fantastic job as his replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom