• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeside

Tell me what you have so far and an idea of what you might want, I'll design it for you

So I want it on my inner right arm
The text is either "There can never be another like today" or just "Never another like today"
I'd prefer the first, but am considering the shorter so it's less wordy

...and thus far I have NO idea about a design, but something simple. I'm actually thinking I might just want a nice scripty text.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
So I want it on my inner right arm
The text is either "There can never be another like today" or just "Never another like today"
I'd prefer the first, but am considering the shorter so it's less wordy

...and thus far I have NO idea about a design, but something simple. I'm actually thinking I might just want a nice scripty text.

Could you try one of those weird ambigram things so that one way up it reads "never another like today" and read upside down it says "ouch this hurt like fuck"?

Mikeside

2013-02-11.gif

Could you try one of those weird ambigram things so that one way up it reads "never another like today" and read upside down it says "ouch this hurt like fuck"?

Haha, that would be amazing, but would possibly take away from what I want the tattoo to represent.

It's been my mantra for over a decade now -
On the shit days 'there can never be another like today', so once it's over, you never have to deal with it again, move on to the next one.
On the good days 'there can never be another like today', so embrace it, enjoy it and savour it, because you only get each one once.

I know it reeks of angsty emo, but it's a view that got me through a lot of hard times and helped me to really make the most of some really great times (and will continue to do so), so it's something I've wanted to wear on my skin for a long time.

noffles

Banned
Is it actually Japanese or is it what the west thinks is Japanese

top tier shoujos with disabilities that you will inevitably have virtual sex with/view a picture of meat whilst having feels and feeling good about yourself because your new found waifu loves you very much unless you get a bad end in which case you never heal because of the trauma oh and also there's a crazy guy who looks like harry potter but he's a bro tbh

Probably the latter.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
CHEEZMO™;48373476 said:
Guess who just installed Katawa Shoujo.
I know i shit talked chan earlier but serioisly, KS is class. It is a great *VISUAL NOVEL*, dont listen to lesser-duck. Prepare for feels.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Morning BritGAF, are we still talking about a shit Thunderbirds film and crap bands?

Morning Spacker, while we have a bit of breathing space let's talk about soaps maybe. Years ago I was into Wright's Coal Tar, but now I'm using Cusson's Imperial Leather like my granny used to.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
We will be once Tash gets here.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YES I DID

GOD DAMN IT NOFFLES

Morning GAF, another morning run has sufficiently destroyed me and I dont know what to do today, any suggestions? I wanna do something interesting but Im low on cash and dont know anybody around here.... *sighh*

Mikeside

Morning Spacker, while we have a bit of breathing space let's talk about soaps maybe. Years ago I was into Wright's Coal Tar, but now I'm using Cusson's Imperial Leather like my granny used to.

Coal tar soap saved me from being a spotty teenager

I'm a Dove man now, though

noffles

Banned
Nivea for Men sensitive face wash is helping me grow out of being a spotty teenager. I have horrible skin though, so there are so many things that make me itch. Imperial Leather shower gel is horrible and makes me itch like crazy, so I'm a Radox guy now.

Mikeside

Nivea for Men sensitive face wash is helping me grow out of being a spotty teenager. I have horrible skin though, so there are so many things that make me itch. Imperial Leather shower gel is horrible and makes me itch like crazy, so I'm a Radox guy now.

Try coal tar soap - it really helped my skin when it was all gross and teenagery.

Rubbish King

why don't you watch the modern episodes of Thomas the tank engine that are in cgi and without ringo narrating.
Shut up you.

I never really had trouble with spots, it was only when id had a week of being particularly unhealthy (Not washing every day and eating no fruit/veg) I still get the odd one or two but that's about it, i do have a really shitty one right now close to the corner of my mouth, it feels really close but its not...it's just really painful

noffles

Banned
My skin is pretty great now thanks to Nivea products, so I don't need any special soap. It's damn useful knowing someone who works at Boots too, because she tells me when all these deals are on and lets me abuse her staff discount.

I might buy a fruity face mask and make my face all lovely and soft.

Rubbish King

My skin is pretty great now thanks to Nivea products, so I don't need any special soap. It's damn useful knowing someone who works at Boots too, because she tells me when all these deals are on and lets me abuse her staff discount.

I might buy a fruity face mask and make my face all lovely and soft.

Will you be putting cucumber slices on your eyes whilst somebody does your nails?

Mikeside

I could show you pictures comparing my face then and now. You don't want to see the pictures and I don't want to show them... partially because then Tash will genuinely know what I look like.

Hey, as long as nobody knows I'm doing it, I canny gie a fuck.

You'll know

....and we'll know

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
I could show you pictures comparing my face then and now. You don't want to see the pictures and I don't want to show them... partially because then Tash will genuinely know what I look like.

Correlation v causation or something like that.

I could show you similar pictures of me (luckily I won't) - but they won't go an inch towards proving the power of all the praying I did to lose the spots.

Rubbish King

I wont look.... Promise
You'll know

....and we'll know
Yeeeeaaaaahh noffflllllleees

I'm metrosexual as all hell. Most people know this.

I am okay with it.
uhh whaa?
met·ro·sex·u·al

Noun

A heterosexual, usually urban male who pays much attention to his personal appearance and cultivates an upscale lifestyle.

Looks like I just learnt a new word!

noffles

Banned
Correlation v causation or something like that.

I could show you similar pictures of me (luckily I won't) - but they won't go an inch towards proving the power of all the praying I did to lose the spots.

I like you phisheep. You're quick witted, and that's why I like you. Well, that and citing that particular "cause and effect" argument in a sarcastic manner is probably my favourite kind of comeback ever.

Seriously though, my face used to be hideously spotty and I used to get yeast build up on my face whenever it got wet. Now that I'm using Nivea shit on my face, I can get out of the shower without having to slather my face with moisturiser.

I like you phisheep. You're quick witted, and that's why I like you. Well, that and citing that particular "cause and effect" argument in a sarcastic manner is probably my favourite kind of comeback ever.

Seriously though, my face used to be hideously spotty and I used to get yeast build up on my face whenever it got wet. Now that I'm using Nivea shit on my face, I can get out of the shower without having to slather my face with moisturiser.
You should've started a home brew.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Does anybody else fucking LOVE the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy

Ahh the theme tune fills me with glee

Oh oh oh I do! :D I love it in all its forms. The books are great (in fact I'm weird in that I really love the 4th one, I thought that Fenchurch was a cleverly constructed fantasy-for-awkward-boys), the radio and t-shows are charming and I even enjoyed the movie. Zooey was love at first sight as Trillian.

I used to like Wheatus...

I also liked that one Alien Ant Farm song "Movies" I think it was called, but only because a girl at my school was listening to it on sports day while we sat on the hill watching the track events, she shared an earbud with me & we listened to it, then snuck off to smoke (my first cigarette) behind the 6th form centre. That was the first time I ever fingered a girl, too.

I still get a semi listening to this

haha so classy!

I actually really like the Wheatus record back in the day, it was nicely produced and had some good poppy punk on there. I doubt it's aged very well.

51ZSJ60D04L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I was rocking this badboy on my stereo back in the day. Introduced me to Queens of the Stone Age, Rammstein and Less Than Jake. Sucks how some tracks were censored and some weren't even though there was a PA sticker. Never understood that.

Everyone knows that the best Kerrang albums were the ones that came with the mag itself, the shop albums were just "NOW that's what I call mini-moshing". There was one legendary CD from back in 2000 - check out this tracklisting:

Amen, At the Drive in, Queens of the Stone Age, Muse, Placebo, Bloodhound Gang, Glassjaw and Blink 182.

For free! Oh, the halcyon days!

Also had Kittie and (Hed) PE, so ymmv...

---

Anyway, Wednesday! Wooo!! trying to build energy by being enthusiastic. Not... really *yawwwwwwwn* working to well.

The only thing I use soap for is lathering up my legs when I shave them. I find it dries my face out horribly. I use L'Oreal facial wash and toner, and boots moisturiser.

I'm sure I still have all my free Kerrang and Metal Hammer cd's somewhere, I should dig them out. I remember one of them had an live version of Down in a Hole by Alice in Chains, I played that track so damn much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom