• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I would hope they've learned that isn't conducive to teaching someone by now.
I feel like a lot of people have...and some haven't. I doubt those who haven't really have a dog in the fight. They just like to beat on a poster that says something wrong.

But today's bunch were good.
That topic in particular is something I've got some maaaaaaaaaaaad strong opinions on. If I got there early, it's pretty likely I would have bitten some ears.
Just nibble the lobes until you get your Member gloves, Tyson.

Mikeside

I'm home, lovely people.

Date went well - had dinner at Nandos then decided fuck it, we're out and we're RIGHT NEXT TO THE CINEMA, might as well watch SOMETHING.

So.....shamefully...we say I Give It A Year, which was actually really funny.

Lots of laughing, positive body language, etc, but no kiss.

Ehh, I had a good time, it felt like a date, at least & she wants to do it again very soon so that's good.

We shall see, not getting my hopes up about it

Love the comic, by the way, Chinner.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
I would hope they've learned that isn't conducive to teaching someone by now.

I should have thought so. I've ploughed in a few times and haven't been, ahem, severely castigated yet.

Mostly it's not a problem at all unless you are either being a dick yourself or (more likely, more usual, more understandable and unfortunately more common) you respond in an apparently dickish way to a dick. Then it all gets out of hand and someone loses.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If you want to rile people up without any effort just adopt an anime avatar. The amount of assumptions people make about you is hilarious.

Some are so quick to show their ugly side.

Mikeside

eat your heart out, musha

no mikeside for you this christmas

She said if I don't have sex.
There's still a chance for Tashbrooke's BritGAF fanfic to come true. Though I don't know if we'll actually get Kentpaul and Meadows' girlfriend to join us for a 4s up.

I can't be arsed to post in many threads. After lurking for so long not being able to reply, finally being able to means I can't really be bothered. Plus the fact that many people argue the same points as me but much more eloquently leaves me redundant.

That gender thread for me is as simple as the child identifies as female, therefore she's a female. However, I do appreciate that for some people that's an extremely difficult fact to grasp.

noffles

Banned
If you want to rile people up without any effort just adopt an anime avatar. The amount of assumptions people make about you is hilarious.

Some are so quick to show their ugly side.

loli thread was amazing

She said if I don't have sex.
There's still a chance for Tashbrooke's BritGAF fanfic to come true. Though I don't know if we'll actually get Kentpaul and Meadows' girlfriend to join us for a 4s up.

Invite me, I'll bring a camera.

Suairyu

Banned
I'm home, lovely people.

Date went well - had dinner at Nandos then decided fuck it, we're out and we're RIGHT NEXT TO THE CINEMA, might as well watch SOMETHING.

Ehh, I had a good time, it felt like a date, at least & she wants to do it again very soon so that's good.

Love the comic, by the way, Chinner.
fucks sake mike

want to know why there was no kiss?

because you didn't kiss her

goddamn man it's not going to just magically happen by itself - kissing is an action not an event

don't ever call me that disgusting word
sounds like a guilty conscience to me

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
skeleton_computer.jpg

Mikeside

That gender thread for me is as simple as the child identifies as female, therefore she's a female. However, I do appreciate that for some people that's an extremely difficult fact to grasp.

For me, the issue comes down to the same thing as a lot of these issues (recently had an argument about gay marriage which comes under the exact same umbrella in my beliefs):

Does giving this person/these people the right to achieve their goal (the right to the gender they identify with/the right to marry who they want/the right to vote/the right to blah blah blah) directly affect me or anyone else in a tangible negative way, not counting offending my/somebody's abstract feelings about something I/they don't understand?

No?
Then why the fuck shouldn't they be able to do it?

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
I can't be arsed to post in many threads. After lurking for so long not being able to reply, finally being able to means I can't really be bothered. Plus the fact that many people argue the same points as me but much more eloquently leaves me redundant.

I'm the same.

Err, not the same as the female identification thing, the same in being selective about which threads to follow. Best tip is to autosubscribe to everything and then get really good at unsubscribing the ones you don't want to play in.

Sounds obvious but it took me a year or so to get the hang of it.

Mikeside

I guess now that I've talked it up so much, it should feel like a massive let down and I should have made a move, but as was said earlier in this thread, I was putting so much pressure on myself and on the situation that it had to be this very specific thing & I had to go for the kiss etc.

I just relaxed a little, took the pressure off, we had great conversation, laughed a ton and enjoyed the night - it really was the best night I've had in a while and I feel a lot more relaxed & less worried about "OMG AM I GOING TO KISS A GIRL AGAIN?" bullshit.

I'm counting it as a win, cop-out or not.

She's already said she wants to go out again, she was dressed up nice... it went well. I'm happy with that.

Pack 1 Pick 1 what do you pick

Depends, do I have enough mana to pay for anything out of this? If so, why would I take the basic land?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Maybe Mike is waiting for the girl that will make the move so he doesn't have to. If so ya need to look for the girls hanging out in KFC mate.
Pack 1 Pick 1 what do you pick
No black lotus, not worth my time.
Hydraform or Primal Visitation

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I'm home, lovely people.

Movie ---> end date?

??? No, no, no.

Movie ---> drinks ---> somewhere quiet.

f0rk

Depends, do I have enough mana to pay for anything out of this? If so, why would I take the basic land?

It's a draft you get to add how ever many basic lands you want after you've gone through 3 packs.

No black lotus, not worth my time.
Hydraform or Primal Visitation

I would love to have you sitting on my right if you first picked either of those cards.

I think Evilore plays Magic I hope he has better insight

noffles

Banned
Evilore are you watching over us because you think we're going to be naughty or are you legitimately British.

Please answer with haste.

~Noffles xoxo

Suairyu

Banned
EviLore it's your forum and of course you're always welcome here as we're an inclusive bunch (except people from Belgium because they're boring) but is this a sub-community that you take particular interest in or something?

I feel like every since Meadows breached the wall and cross-posted into that thread about you we've been under your red-named watch.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
I never use the subscription feature. I may be gaffing wrong but meh.

Hell, you been here no more than a few weeks? There was some guy before you looked kinda the same only he was a bit smarter.

Or if you're not using autosubs what are you doing huh? Following the hivemind? Not good. Picking the top stuff on OT or Gaming? Not cool. Bookmarking BritGaf?. Well that's kind of escapism to put it politely - being GAF but not-GAF sort of thing.

Why am I even saying this at this time of night?

Time for sleep, I will do the fuckin' payroll in the morning.

I just go to the threads I like! Bookmarking BritGAF seems odd.

EviLore it's your forum and of course you're always welcome here as we're an inclusive bunch (except people from Belgium because they're boring) but is this a sub-community that you take particular interest in or something?

I feel like every since Meadows breached the wall and cross-posted into that thread about you we've been under your red-named watch.

Yo, this Mike action is SHIT HOT, yo

who couldn't resist watching this trainwreck unfold

Mikeside

Movie ---> end date?

??? No, no, no.

Movie ---> drinks ---> somewhere quiet.

It was dinner -> movie -> end

We're going out drinking on Tuesday night, though with a group of friends, so that's not really the same thing.

Will decide on a date plan for next weekend, but I'm thinking I'll arrange cabs and we can both go out and get drunk somewhere

Hystzen

Evilore are you watching over us because you think we're going to be naughty or are you legitimately British.

Please answer with haste.

~Noffles xoxo

The tales of Mike are slowly spreading that even the higher ups cant believe this is happening to a person

We're going out drinking on Tuesday night, though with a group of friends, so that's not really the same thing.

Will decide on a date plan for next weekend, but I'm thinking I'll arrange cabs and we can both go out and get drunk somewhere
Listen to the 'Lore, I heard he got mad pussy on his euro adventures yo.

Mikeside

Just get drunk. Solves everything.

Also:

1; lower your standards.
2; don't speak, listen.
3; buy a new outfit that makes you feel like a boss.
4; ask a female for assistance in step 3.

No negativity or self-pity beyond some mild self deprecation. Always be smiling. Do not attempt to be 'moody' or 'brooding'.

The drunk advice is great - following that next time

as for the rest:

1. Never, I'm 26, there'll be plenty of time to lower my standards when I'm in my late 30s, for now I'd rather be turned away by girls I'm really into than home run with girls I'm just going out with because I think it'll be easier
2. Conversationally, I think I'm pretty great - it always flows nicely & girls seem interested and attentive to what's going on.
3 & 4. Yeah, this might be a great idea for next weekend actually, though I don't have a whole lot of body confidence, but I don't think I'm too awkward about it

f0rk

Come on guys I was trying to start some real discussion about Magic instead of another boring ass story about Mikes 'love life'

Always a movie before drinks/food. Always!

Mikeside

Come on guys I was trying to start some real discussion about Magic instead of another boring ass story about Mikes 'love life'

It HAS turned into the Mike show a bit, sorry about that.

Back to the important issue, it all depends on what you've drafted so far, but the Rampager on the top row looks good for my money, Skygames on the left could also be very useful - people often have silly weaknesses like against flying on drafts so you could catch people out with that

f0rk

Back to the important issue, it all depends on what you've drafted so far, but the Rampager on the top row looks good for my money, Skygames on the left could also be very useful - people often have silly weaknesses like against flying on drafts so you could catch people out with that

It's pack 1 so you haven't got anything yet.
There are 6 first pickable cards in the pack, it's crazy stacked. The uncommons are among the best in the set, Grisly Spectacle and Syndic of Tithes are probably the best 2 commons in the set and Ogre Slumlord is a good limited bomb.
Rampager is a good pick, it locks you into Gruul but you are passing strong Orzhov signels so that's fine. Wouldn't put Skygames above any of 6 cards listed, it's probably below Wojek Halberdiers, Basilica Screecher and Zhur-Taa Swince.

Mikeside

Let's just be friends.

ihPJHDN7lx0dd.png

It's pack 1 so you haven't got anything yet.
There are 6 first pickable cards in the pack, it's crazy stacked. The uncommons are among the best in the set, Grisly Spectacle and Syndic of Tithes are probably the best 2 commons in the set and Ogre Slumlord is a good limited bomb.
Rampager is a good pick, it locks you into Gruul but you are passing strong Orzhov signels so that's fine. Wouldn't put Skygames above any of 6 cards listed, it's probably below Wojek Halberdiers, Basilica Screecher and Zhur-Taa Swince.

TBH I haven't really played Magic in about 5 years and I was never that good even then... would love to get back into it, actually

f0rk

TBH I haven't really played Magic in about 5 years and I was never that good even then... would love to get back into it, actually

I'm not playing while I'm at uni but keeping up with it online. Looking forward to playing again when I move back to Leeds. It scratches the same itch Warhammer did when I was 15 but without the hobby aspect that I was never really enjoyed, and is much better as a game. Still expensive though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom