• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

8bit

Knows the Score
On the subject of old games, does anyone have any recommendations for offloading them? Online would be preferable if possible.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
An Atari ST 520. It's currently in a box buried under a lot of other boxes since the house has a lot of jobs that need doing (thus some rooms have been cleared out) so it could be a long time till it sees the light of day again.

All I know is that Space Harrier isn't going to be as good as I remember it being.

SKINNER!

Banned
On the subject of old games, does anyone have any recommendations for offloading them? Online would be preferable if possible.

I don't know if he still posts here but Lord British was going through that stage 2 years ago. He was selling his stuff on the Buy/Sell thread here on neogaf and that's where I bought Street Fighter III 3rd Strike on the DC. Otherwise, ebay.

Like BGBW, I'm into this old game collecting/hoarding business but I'm getting to the point where I'm thinking about getting rid of some of it due to the fact that it's taking up so much space in my bedroom at my parent's house. 8bit, If you've got any cool shit (particularly looking for a multi-mega at a decent price and a special edition copy of Policenauts on the Saturn) then feel free to contact me.

8bit

Knows the Score
Probably nothing really notable to be honest. I went from Vic20>ZX Spectrum>C64>SNES>MegaDrive>Amiga>N64>Gamecube>PS2>Xbox>360>PS3>Wii>Wii U but doubt I have anything pre N64. I've sold some bits on ebay but it's a pain in the baws so I might look into the Buy/Sell thread.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I don't know if he still posts here but Lord British was going through that stage 2 years ago. He was selling his stuff on the Buy/Sell thread here on neogaf and that's where I bought Street Fighter III 3rd Strike on the DC. Otherwise, ebay.

I probably should follow that thread. I did find there is a retro game shop near me so I may have to take the bus and check it out.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Haha Jed, i'd play halo with you :D, I think jeds a more hardcore fan.. I would feel guilty claiming something I don't want as much as him :p

If you wanna pm your gamer tag I'll totally add you.. :D

I used to look forward to reading those travel posts everytime I got into work. They were quite riveting. Myself and Musha were talking about in the London underground and it was like we were two housewives catching up on soap news.

Really? I died a little inside whenever I read them as a lurker and hoped that he was trolling. I found the writing to be very pedestrian ie 'I did this and then I did that and then I did this' and he reminded me of Holden Caulfield with his constant judging of everyone. Obviously just my opinion and hopefully not ban worthy.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Haha Jed, i'd play halo with you :D, I think jeds a more hardcore fan.. I would feel guilty claiming something I don't want as much as him :p

If you wanna pm your gamer tag I'll totally add you.. :D

:D We'll let the BR's do the talking. My gt is the same as here, Jedeye Sniv (anyone else who fancies some Halo add me too as it's pretty much all I play online)

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Really? I died a little inside whenever I read them as a lurker and hoped that he was trolling. I found the writing to be very pedestrian ie 'I did this and then I did that and then I did this' and he reminded me of Holden Caulfield with his constant judging of everyone. Obviously just my opinion and hopefully not ban worthy.

It was nice knowing you, a gentleman and a scholar.

k80AzQU.gif

SKINNER!

Banned

That's one of my favourite books so perhaps that's why I enjoyed it. I only recently started travelling on my own and reading those posts everyday (and other travel threads like OttomanScribe's trip to Kyrgystan/Pakistan/China) sorta gave me a glimpse of solo travellin' and idea of things to do, ways to meet people, hazards to avoid etc. Travel threads/posts interest me :)

That's one of my favourite books so perhaps that's why I enjoyed it. I only recently started travelling on my own and reading those posts everyday (and other travel threads like OttomanScribe's trip to Kyrgystan/Pakistan/China) sorta gave me a glimpse of solo travellin' and idea of things to do, ways to meet people, hazards to avoid etc. Travel threads/posts interest me :)

Ha, I wasn't suggesting he was on Ballard's level as a writer, merely that it came across quite angst-y and judgemental. However, horses for courses and all that.

Edit: Where's Tashbrooke when you want this thread to quickly move on a few pages?

Mikeside

Ha, I wasn't suggesting he was on Ballard's level as a writer, merely that it came across quite angst-y and judgemental. However, horses for courses and all that.

Edit: Where's Tashbrooke when you want this thread to quickly move on a few pages?

He'd better be getting some Halo 4 practice matches in, if he knows what's good for him!

TCRS

Banned

That was fascinating, I want to do that myself one day. Well Pakistan maybe not but definitely Central Asia.

Evilore's travels thread was fantastic IMHO.

I'm off to Giraffe for lunch as a colleague is going on maternity leave, I don't know what to have.

EviLore is still in my bad books for not coming to the UK.

That's right boss, you heard me.

Hystzen

I thought was only one who hated Ricky Gervais.....holy crap

The only good thing about Ricky Gervais show has nothing to do with him

SKINNER!

Banned
That was fascinating, I want to do that myself one day. Well Pakistan maybe not but definitely Central Asia.

Definitely was. The best thing about travelling isn't about going to the major sightseeing places for bragging rights. It's about finding and uncovering that cool, unique thing about that place. That one locally owned restaurant that served an amazing meal, the shop that had the amazingly friendly shopkeeper or th bar that had a great vibe etc. shit like that.

What surprised me about Xinjiang in that thread was all the cool rural parts with temples/places of worship with the fusion of chinese/arabic writings. When I think of China, I think tall buildings, Shanghai, the food, Tiananmen Square, The Great Wall etc. so seeing the pics in his thread and reading about his experiences there made me see the country in a different light. To some extent, Evilore's thread did the same thing for Europe. I've already commented about his attitude a couple of weeks back and received a firm response about it so I don't intend on rustling the hornet's nest again ;) I'll tell you something Incon, there were a high number of dickriders in that thread and I may have come across as one too..I think..can't exactly remember what I posted in there.

Reknoc

Meh, went to Grainger on my lunch to get a new Vita memory card for PSO2 but they only had 4GB ones in. Oh well, picked up Rising and got a steelbook case :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom