• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

noffles

Banned
hey guys remember when ac3 was basically red dead redemption at e3 and in previews and then it wasn't haha that was so GREAT

f0rk

I never thought that about ac3, I was always going to skip it. But this time it sounds like they are properly messing with the structure.

Reknoc

MULTIPLE PREVIEWS MENTION WIND WAKER HOW CAN YOU NOT WANT THIS GAME

That's the wrong game to mention, fuck this game. Get RPS on it, they'll know the right words to say.

It's a shame it's not taking place somewhere with snow again, they should get the most out of their amazing snow tech.

Random question, you know that most hotels have a list of services that they offer? Such as air conditioning or 24 hour concierge, what does gay friendly mean?

8bit

Knows the Score
That they won't throw out you out of their hotel or guest house for being gay. IIRC there was a court case last year about two men that had been turned away from their booking for their sexual preferences.

f0rk

Random question, you know that most hotels have a list of services that they offer? Such as air conditioning or 24 hour concierge, what does gay friendly mean?

I imagine it means they won't get mad if you're a gay couple and ask for a double room, as some B&B got sued or something for turning people away recently. Still a weird thing to advertise.

That they won't throw out you out of their hotel or guest house for being gay. IIRC there was a court case last year about two men that had been turned away from their booking for their sexual preferences.

I imagine it means they won't get mad if you're a gay couple and ask for a double room, as some B&B got sued or something for turning people away recently. Still a weird thing to advertise.

I get what you are both saying but I've seen this 'service' listed for quite a while, before the B&B court case (the B&B was pathetic, how'd they check if heterosexual couples were married?).

8bit

Knows the Score
AC3 was all right, climbing the trees to get to the viewpoints was frustrating though as it was a bit inexact and led to Connor leaping to his death quite often. I loved sailing in Wind Waker so I hope that this isn't rubbish.

8bit

Knows the Score
I get what you are both saying but I've seen this 'service' listed for quite a while, before the B&B court case (the B&B was pathetic, how'd they check if heterosexual couples were married?).

Maybe it's code for free rusty trombones? A copy of Moulin Rouge on videotape and some poppers?

I think it's more likely stating they are happy to have gay folk stay as opposed the the Gay-Unfriendly attitude of other places

Or you could get the real Wind Waker coming out later this year.

Well yeah, that's true. Played it to death though, be nice to have the Tingle Tuner on the Wii U pad though.

Maybe it's code for free rusty trombones? A copy of Moulin Rouge on videotape and some poppers?

I think it's more likely stating they are happy to have gay folk stay as opposed the the Gay-Unfriendly attitude of other places

You're probably right, that's what I told a friend who was very confused when she saw that 'service' advertised.

Lirlond

Advertising yourself as Gay Friendly just seems really desperate to me lol, such a pointless thing to point out, unless it damages the room what guests do should be none of the owners business.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Advertising yourself as Gay Friendly just seems really desperate to me lol, such a pointless thing to point out, unless it damages the room what guests do should be none of the owners business.

I like it. Even as a non-gay I'd feel better staying somewhere that's gay-friendly, it means the owners are progressive accepting people. Think of it as a label saying "we're not dicks".

SKINNER!

Banned

You still get some pretty homophobic folk about. For a gay couple who's booking a holiday abroad, I'm sure they'd like to confidently know that they'll be welcomed in their temporary home before flying.

There was a nursery in Pike Place Market that had a sign on it saying "Gay couple kids are welcomed here". Made me realise that there were unfriendly nurseries in the US. How can nurseries be so unfriendly?! crazy.

I keep getting server timeouts.

me too. It's been happening since Thursday.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
20130304_133914_zpsb0dc9c11.jpg

Guise I think I'm in the hood

There was a nursery in Pike Place Market that had a sign on it saying "Gay couple kids are welcomed here". Made me realise that there were unfriendly nurseries in the US. How can nurseries be so unfriendly?! crazy.

Dat ignorance is rampant all over the states. Basic training really opened my eyes to it. It's so bad sometimes it's utterly hilarious.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Strange to be here, weymouth seems to have changed so much since I left.. For the worse.. Maybe I was seeing it through quality street wrappers.. Then again a place can change alot in 12 years or however long it's been

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Strange to be here, weymouth seems to have changed so much since I left.. For the worse.. Maybe I was seeing it through quality street wrappers.. Then again a place can change alot in 12 years or however long it's been

Yep, having pubes kinda changes the way you see a place.

Lirlond

Ugh guys I feel super weak today. Almost couldn't finish my benches. My ohps are all over the place too. What's wrong with me ):

I was there for work 4 months ago. Only went from Train station to highstreet but it made me feel old being there due to everything and everyone being OLD.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I just finished moving most of my stuff this weekend. Sore as hell and tired this weekend but at least it's done. I need to get Internet in my place and buy a desk for my computer...my poor tower is just sitting lifeless in the corner ATM. The only furniture we have is our bed and two dressers so our living room is comically empty. I might put a couple of folding chairs in there to keep the TV company. Need to buy a hoover and washer/dryer at some point as well. And a couch...and more furniture in general. Fuck sake this will be expensive :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom