• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I just finished moving most of my stuff this weekend. Sore as hell and tired this weekend but at least it's done. I need to get Internet in my place and buy a desk for my computer...my poor tower is just sitting lifeless in the corner ATM. The only furniture we have is our bed and two dressers so our living room is comically empty. I might put a couple of folding chairs in there to keep the TV company. Need to buy a hoover and washer/dryer at some point as well. Fuck sake this will expensive :/
Looks like somebody needs a trip to ikea

Mr. Sam

"You must be connected to the internet to update Steam."

How am I posting this?

Edit: I think I must have overestimated my internet speed. It would appear to be updating alright now.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Mundane super-powers:

I would choose the power of having an Internet aura. Able to broadcast Internet from the core of my being and relay it to devices via touch or radiate from my body in an aura of up to 500ft in every direction. Training and concentration would allow me to focus my powers over time to increase broadcast distance, bandwidth and upload/download speeds.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
But even jackben couldn't save the Wii U's online.
tumblr_m7xxa8ucmD1qjqjmt.jpg

Nintendo's bad online MGMT is my arch-nemesis

Reknoc

Mundane super-powers:

I would choose the power of having an Internet aura. Able to broadcast Internet from the core of my being and relay it to devices via touch or radiate from my body in an aura of up to 500ft in every direction. Training and concentration would allow me to focus my powers over time to increase broadcast distance, bandwidth and upload/download speeds.

Sounds too hax, you'll need a weakness. Something like having to see what other people are accessing on you.

edit: or through you I guess would be the correct way to phrase that.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Sounds too hax, you'll need a weakness. Something like having to see what other people are accessing on you.

edit: or through you I guess would be the correct way to phrase that.
Forced to have the memory of others browsing history in my head for 24 hours. Would learn quick who to give access to or not.

Mikeside

No i mean like the task bar isnt fully on the screen

How do I fix this magic mike?

Find out what the native resolution of your TV is (google it), then set your PC resolution to that.

If that doesn't work (which it really should) then try seeing if your TV has the option to resize and move the usable space, like a lot of monitors do (I can't remember what this setting is called...) but it really should work when you fix the resolution, it sounds like you're in the wrong aspect ratio atm.

Out of interest, what connection do you have between PC and TV?

Rubbish King

Find out what the native resolution of your TV is (google it), then set your PC resolution to that.

If that doesn't work (which it really should) then try seeing if your TV has the option to resize and move the usable space, like a lot of monitors do (I can't remember what this setting is called...) but it really should work when you fix the resolution, it sounds like you're in the wrong aspect ratio atm.

Out of interest, what connection do you have between PC and TV?

hdmi

Tash- you might need to use the AMD or Nvidia driver software to set up the picture correctly.

On my TV my PC image is shunk, and needs AMD overdrive to fit the screen fully.

Rubbish King

Ahh using a mac for so long has made me weak

Tash- you might need to use the AMD or Nvidia driver software to set up the picture correctly.

On my TV my PC image is shunk, and needs AMD overdrive to fit the screen fully.
It's all good, i just messed around with custom aspect ratios, installing Far Cry 3 (Forgot my friend bought me it last year to encourage me to get a PC)

Have to reinstall steam in safe mode as I cant delete my entire steam folder

Yeah..my friend didnt uninstall before deleting shit so there are many broken filepaths

But I have to wait untill FC3 is installed to restart...Wish I'd noticed this earlier
Gawd damnit

It's all good, i just messed around with custom aspect ratios, installing Far Cry 3 (Forgot my friend bought me it last year to encourage me to get a PC)

Yeah..my friend didnt uninstall before deleting shit so there are many broken filepaths

Gawd damnit

Do you have the OEM disc for Windows? If so just do a fresh install, it will serve you well down the line.

Mikeside

But I have to wait untill FC3 is installed to restart...Wish I'd noticed this earlier
Gawd damnit

Reformat that shit and start from scratch
Its a good feeling - like fresh bed sheets

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I just found the 2 tracks I produced in 2008 that I didn't end up getting rid of

Have just uploaded them to Soundcloud in the hopes that I'm going to start producing again.

Enjoy, I guess?

Ghost Fading

Why Does This Turn Me On?

necro quoting for an ego feed. SOunds pretty nice man, you had some good ideas going back there. I like the second one best, it's good internet music. I like the quiet bits in the first song way more than the big bits though, but it might sound different with the vocals you imagined. There is absolutely no reason why you should not carry on trying to make music. It's fun.

THese tracks remind me a lot of the stuff I did with the DS10 synth. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9zVVach2WE

I really like that Field Mouse band on your feed too :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom