• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
One interesting question I saw is 'what business do you admire the most?' Interested to hear other peoples answers. I'm sure they get swamped with Google/Apple. I was thinking Red Bull for their unique sponsorships, they aren't into any deep unethical stuff are they?

Something like this I'd always give two or three answers rather than the one they asked for, since it's easier to show that you know something about the key business drivers by saying why you've chosen each one. Maybe I'd say Google for fast growth from nothing to dominate an entire industry, Associated Dairies for they way they've transformed the business over the last 50 years into Asda, and maybe someone off-the-wall like Fortnum & Mason for weathering every bit of competition that's been thrown at them for 300 years without transforming very much at all.

I'm looking for places to live in London and some of the prices are a fucking joke

I was so excited seeing this place http://london.craigslist.co.uk/apa/3381460005.html small, private and ill keep it for a year or so whilst I savepay off some debt.

So I ask him if its 200 a week or month, slightly knowing its a month.

No. It's a week. For a place that's not even got a fucking oven, chopping board space or 4 hobs you want me to pay £600 in Kensal Green?! I'd rather flat share

Where are the best places to look. 450 is my highest I wanna go for now

Cheers

/rant

Darren870

I'm looking for places to live in London and some of the prices are a fucking joke

I was so excited seeing this place http://london.craigslist.co.uk/apa/3381460005.html small, private and ill keep it for a year or so whilst I savepay off some debt.

No. It's a week. For a place that's not even got a fucking oven, chopping board space or 4 hobs you want me to pay £600 in Kensal Green?! I'd rather flat share

Cheers

/rant

£450 a month???

£450 a month???

For now yeah. Coming out of Uni after doing a masters, I messed up my finances and where I live now (Luton) will get you your own place for £550 ish. So that's what I'm used to paying

So I know i have to share for maybe a year or so, hence the 450-500 budget.

I'm no expert in London rent prices but I do know that you can't even get a cardboard box with that.

London is pricey but not that pricey. You can find places easily for that amount I'd you want to share.

I've found places already, I'm just looking to exhaust all avenues

Cheers

/rant

You're looking for a flat in London for £450 a month? Yeah good luck with that.

Where do you live now?

Edit: Oh ok £450 a month for a flat/house share is maybe doable. Try Walthamstow.

You're looking for a flat in London for £450 a month? Yeah good luck with that.

Where do you live now?

Explained just ontop of you

With all due respect guys please don't think London is that pricey, I did live there a few years ago! But that was a bit of a dodge job and we got a whole 2 bedroom house for £900. spare room, gumtree, rightmove do have places for they price for example: http://london.spareroom.co.uk/flats...s=/flatshare/?search_id=108661409&mode=list&&

So I'm really looking at sharing at the mo, but looking at these commercial websites makes me think there's a better way of flat hunting

Darren870

For now yeah. Coming out of Uni after doing a masters, I messed up my finances and where I live now (Luton) will get you your own place for £550 ish. So that's what I'm used to paying

Hmm can't help you on that one then! Wouldn't even know where to start looking. Flat share is going to be your best option for Zone 2-4.

Explained just ontop of you

With all due respect guys please don't think London is that pricey, I did live there a few years ago! But that was a bit of a dodge job and we got a whole 2 bedroom house for £900. spare room, gumtree, rightmove do have places for they price for example: http://london.spareroom.co.uk/flats...s=/flatshare/?search_id=108661409&mode=list&&

So I'm really looking at sharing at the mo, but looking at these commercial websites makes me think there's a better way of flat hunting

Yeah I posted before I saw your reply. It sounded like you were looking for your own place to rent, which is why we were all shocked at your price limit. But if you're looking to just rent a room than that's totally in your budget. Hey, you can live with me for £400 a month!

Hmm can't help you on that one then! Wouldn't even know where to start looking. Flat share is going to be your best option for Zone 2-4.

Yeah I have to look outside my zone threshold.

Or build a tent in a local park :(

Yeah I posted before I saw your reply. It sounded like you were looking for your own place to rent, which is why we were all shocked at your price limit. But if you're looking to just rent a room than that's totally in your budget. Hey, you can live with me for £400 a month!

Haha no no sorry! Bad wording! Ill be ok with sharing, considering my budget

Don't you live in Wales with your BF?!

Yeah I have to look outside my zone threshold.

Or build a tent in a local park :(

Haha no no sorry! Bad wording! Ill be ok with sharing, considering my budget

Don't you live in Wales with your BF?!

What? No, I'm originally from Wales, but I escaped. I live in Woodford, which is a lovely quiet, safe, pretty suburb in North East London, zone 4, my flat is 5 mins from the Central Line.

SKINNER!

Banned
So I know i have to share for maybe a year or so, hence the 450-500 budget.

London is pricey but not that pricey. You can find places easily for that amount I'd you want to share.

I've found places already, I'm just looking to exhaust all avenues

My bad dude. I wasn't aware you were looking to flat/house share. yeah, £450/£500 should be alright. Still, that's pretty expensive to me considering that I pay about the same rent for a flat here and I live on my own.

My bad dude. I wasn't aware you were looking to flat/house share. yeah, £450/£500 should be alright. Still, that's pretty expensive to me considering that I pay about the same rent for a flat here and I live on my own.

Yeah That's cool man, I wasn't clear.

Where do you live?

Yeah London is a bitch. Only reason I'm moving is I'm now possibly working closer to where I live, but need to use the underground and it's more expensive!

Ahh we'll, that's life

SmokyDave

I loved Halo: CE, liked Halo 2 but not as much and then loved Halo 3. For some reason though, O.D.S.T and onwards left me utterly cold. I'm the same with films. I can tolerate a sequel or two but once you get into 4-5-6 territory, I'm out.

Perhaps I'll grab 4 down the line and see if I'm missing anything.

Mikeside

I loved Halo: CE, liked Halo 2 but not as much and then loved Halo 3. For some reason though, O.D.S.T and onwards left me utterly cold. I'm the same with films. I can tolerate a sequel or two but once you get into 4-5-6 territory, I'm out.

Perhaps I'll grab 4 down the line and see if I'm missing anything.

I hated ODST the first time I played it, but then I went back to it after leaving it on the shelf for a long time and grew to really appreciate the atmosphere.

Mikeside

I've developed quite a serious condition where I'm so eager to correct people that I see apostrophes where there aren't any.

I keep skimming over posts and thinking I'm seeing "lot's", "I love game's" and similar, only to check and realize it hasn't been written like that. I also keep thinking people are writing "should of" when they're writing the correct "should have"

Is this the danger of being a grammar Nazi? Because it's incredibly annoying.

This sounds quite amusing.

Terrifying, you mean :p

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I've developed quite a serious condition where I'm so eager to correct people that I see apostrophes where there aren't any.

I keep skimming over posts and thinking I'm seeing "lot's", "I love game's" and similar, only to check and realize it hasn't been written like that. I also keep thinking people are writing "should of" when they're writing the correct "should have"

Is this the danger of being a grammar Nazi? Because it's incredibly annoying.

Terrifying, you mean :p

Switch your attentions over to 'addicting' then, you'll be constantly wanting to shout at people. IT'S NOT A FUCKING REAL WORD YOU TWATS. Oh hey brah, this game is so addicting. Fuck off, it's addictive and you're a cunt.

Ahhh, I feel better now.

Also, I understand Grammar Nazi. Question: what would a hypothetical Grammar Commie be??

How's your writing going btw?

My order for the LE of Halo was fucked up on ShopTo when changing cards :/ Means that tonight I am going to my local Blockbuster at midnight to pick one up as they were the only place with a LE left :(

Switch your attentions over to 'addicting' then, you'll be constantly wanting to shout at people. IT'S NOT A FUCKING REAL WORD YOU TWATS. Oh hey brah, this game is so addicting. Fuck off, it's addictive and you're a cunt.

This one pisses me off too, but I was under the impression that it was a valid, albeit hugely inferior, word?

Wes

venison crêpe
I just opened a pack of Walkers Deep Ridged Mature Cheddar & Onion. Not had a pack before.

The crisp level didn't even go above a third of the height of the packet. This country is in a sad state of affairs.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
I just opened a pack of Walkers Deep Ridged Mature Cheddar & Onion. Not had a pack before.

The crisp level didn't even go above a third of the height of the packet. This country is in a sad state of affairs.

I had that with some steak ones. They tasted shite too. Fuck those crisps, I'm sticking with McCoys.

Cheers

/rant

Only people working in London with high income live there with the rest being bought by foreigners , you are better off finding a place outside london and commuting by tube

Stubo

My order for the LE of Halo was fucked up on ShopTo when changing cards :/ Means that tonight I am going to my local Blockbuster at midnight to pick one up as they were the only place with a LE left :(
This will be the first Halo game ever (including Wars) that I've not bought the Limited (not Legendary) for.

It feels strange, I'm not sure I like it :(

Mikeside

Ahhh, I feel better now.

Also, I understand Grammar Nazi. Question: what would a hypothetical Grammar Commie be??

How's your writing going btw?

Actually, and I'm not happy about this, addicting is a word :(

Writing isn't going great - I'm a few thousand words behind already, so the next few nights are going to be frantic.
I have a couple of days off in a couple of weeks, so I'm planning on using those as full on writing days too.

I'm having another dilemma, guys.

Christmas presents.

I know what I'm getting for my other half, but I'm struggling to think of anything to get my mum and my grandparents.

Mum is sort of into gardening, enjoys Disney films but doesn't really do much else.... I've got her a couple of Disney Blu-Rays (which she collects, too) but am struggling to think what to get her for a main present. In the past, I got her a DS and a Kindle, both of which she loves, but I don't think she gives a crap about getting a 3DS and she didn't seem bothered when I mentioned getting her a tablet :/

Grandparents are even more difficult
Grandad is into fantasy books (but he buys these for himself on Kindle), Terry Pratchett (again, he's got everything), umm... not much else? Gardening and cooking, I suppose?
Nan is into watching TV. Also....nope, just the TV, I think.

Any ideas? Anyone else need Christmas shopping help? SUPPORT GROUP TIME.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

That was an issue on Watchdog a few weeks back. Apparently it's for cushioning so the crisps don;t get crushed.

Mikeside

That was an issue on Watchdog a few weeks back. Apparently it's for cushioning so the crisps don;t get crushed.

Lol.
That's such a bullshit answer.

The only time I've heard a more bullshit answer was when I got my LoTRO Collector's Edition.

The thing cost something like £120 and was supposed to come with a cloth map, a wax sealed letter from the lead designer, a miniature, etc etc etc

Then when it arrived, half of the stuff was missing (about 6 or 7 things not even in the box), the "cloth map" was just a cheap piece of paper and the "wax sealed letter" was just a letter.

So they post a huge apology on their forum, detailing each missing thing and why it was missing etc. Most of them were obviously lies and excuses - for instance the cloth map on a cheap piece of paper was because of shortages of map cloth or something.

The worst was the wax sealed letter which was written something like this:

* Wax Sealed Letter from the Lead Designer - This had to be disincluded for health and safety reasons, due to the hot wax involved (Change this one?)

...they'd obviously left the brackets there from when they were editing their bullshit list, lol
They obviously got called out on it and we got half of the stuff sent to us and got some bullshit in game crap to "compensate" for the rest.

Ahhhhh, good days.

Actually, and I'm not happy about this, addicting is a word :(

Writing isn't going great - I'm a few thousand words behind already, so the next few nights are going to be frantic.
I have a couple of days off in a couple of weeks, so I'm planning on using those as full on writing days too.

I'm having another dilemma, guys.

Christmas presents.

I know what I'm getting for my other half, but I'm struggling to think of anything to get my mum and my grandparents.

Mum is sort of into gardening, enjoys Disney films but doesn't really do much else.... I've got her a couple of Disney Blu-Rays (which she collects, too) but am struggling to think what to get her for a main present. In the past, I got her a DS and a Kindle, both of which she loves, but I don't think she gives a crap about getting a 3DS and she didn't seem bothered when I mentioned getting her a tablet :/

Grandparents are even more difficult
Grandad is into fantasy books (but he buys these for himself on Kindle), Terry Pratchett (again, he's got everything), umm... not much else? Gardening and cooking, I suppose?
Nan is into watching TV. Also....nope, just the TV, I think.

Any ideas? Anyone else need Christmas shopping help? SUPPORT GROUP TIME.

iwantoneofthose.com

I do nearly all my Xmas present shopping on that site. Bugger buying people stuff they might actually want or need, just buy everyone toys and fun stuff and kooky niche stuff!

Mikeside

iwantoneofthose.com

I do nearly all my Xmas present shopping on that site. Bugger buying people stuff they might actually want or need, just buy everyone toys and fun stuff and kooky niche stuff!

I spent a good few hours on there last night and didn't find anything I thought would fit :(
Maybe I'll try firebox too

daviyoung

Banned

They are a recession-level crisp.

Mikeside

Continuing the Christmas theme I've (perhaps a bit prematurely) started,
Who would be up for a UKGAF Secret santa?
I don't really fancy doing the big GAF one, thus probably having to post something to Siberia, but cheap postage one would be great fun :)

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
* Wax Sealed Letter from the Lead Designer - This had to be disincluded for health and safety reasons, due to the hot wax involved (Change this one?)

...they'd obviously left the brackets there from when they were editing their bullshit list, lol.
That's fucking hilarious. Behind the scenes look at the public relations BS creation process.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I heard it was fewer crisps because they are looking after their customers health. ((needs more platitudes, edit later))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom