• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continuing the Christmas theme I've (perhaps a bit prematurely) started,
Who would be up for a UKGAF Secret santa?
I don't really fancy doing the big GAF one, thus probably having to post something to Siberia, but cheap postage one would be great fun :)

Yes! This would be awesome, set a nice price limit though. I'm a poor ass student.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
This one pisses me off too, but I was under the impression that it was a valid, albeit hugely inferior, word?

I guess it is a real word, but is sounds idiotic and they're mostly using it wrong. I refuse to even acknowledge it as a word, it shall never enter my vocabulary. Addictive says everything and says it classier.

chill Jed! Don't loose it over something so insignificant :)

*runs*

Things I will rage about unnecessarily: "addicting", bottom screen controls on iPad games, kids with that annoying sideways One Direction hair.

I think that's about it.

The price limit is your soul.

Shocked_fans_omg.gif

I can't handle it.

Lirlond

I need christmas help too. The GF is into horror B-movies. Anyone an expert of these? Probably grab a bunch of dvds and take to dinner or something.

Mr. Sam

I need christmas help too. The GF is into horror B-movies. Anyone an expert of these? Probably grab a bunch of dvds and take to dinner or something.

Kim Newman has a section in Empire about the most recent horror B-movies. Tear that out and give it to her.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
I remember me and my dad joking about Yorkshire Airways once in the airport. The image of people in flat caps shovelling coal into a boiler at the back of the plane was too funny.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
It's ok, you can all just keep on being secretly jealous of Yorkshire.

The sooner you accept the North as your lord and saviour the better.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
These are pretty funny.

bane15.jpg
It's the thin edge of the wedge in the nearly interesting evolution of the sensitive "singer-songwriter" species, and quite possibly the death of the manly beard as well. Hey, life is a state of mind, not a fashion statement, man. But I say that the big scarf alone exposes the dirty lie in these laid-back protestations of "casual" or slackerish shrugs of "who cares?" As wimpy warblers like James Blunt and John Mayer pollute our aural periphery, one cannot ignore these freshly sprouting numbers of earnest white guys with complicated feelings and their rambling hairdos. But did they ever really go away? Are there new generations timed to hatch at regular intervals throughout history, the genetic strands weakening with every sneaker-shod step away from Woody Guthrie and Bob Dylan? It is more likely that in typical post-modern fashion, the troublesome troubador has simply chucked a few fistfuls of hand-picked history into the ol' Mixmaster to see what pours out. The unsavoury results of this lumpy concoction usually taste a lot like: " I'm kinda' going for a Van Morrison meets Jeff Buckley meets the Banana Splits type thing, ya' know...?"

Yeah, unfortunately I do.

It's only Tuesday and I'm already fed up with this week. I'm also back on my diet hardcore so I'm probably going to be quite grouchy.

Any ideas how I can cheer myself up?

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister

If you were here Musha (west country) I'd suggest get outside and enjoy the weather. Maybe a bit cold, but it is sunny and pleasant. The sea between here and South Wales is the bluest I've ever seen it - absolutely gorgeous. The air is incredibly clear, I can see Cardiff in detail from the beach (which is unusual, most often one or the other of us is being rained on).

As for London, haven't the faintest idea. Get your arse on a train and get outside. Lots of happy people after months of fucking awful weather. Lots of happy dogs too, as I can hear from my window!

Me, I'm cleaning the house. Would have been spring-cleaning but delayed being as we didn't have a spring this year.

It's only Tuesday and I'm already fed up with this week. I'm also back on my diet hardcore so I'm probably going to be quite grouchy.

try seeing or speaking a good friend, watching some comedy (live or on TV), or playing a good game

for me, there are like two or three people in my life who I love, sometimes even just hearing from them in a text or an email cheers me up. Such social dependencies probably aren't good, mind!

edit: forgot about scenery, taking in a good landscape is always good. Its cold out, but its a nice crisp day. Are there any late fireworks displays or other public things going on near you?

SKINNER!

Banned

Loved reading through this!

bane5.jpg

This specimen seems to fancy himself some sort of middle-aged, middle management version of Tom Cruise - cocky, cackly, sittin' on top of the world - yet innately shallow and completely obnoxious. Often the after five denizen of some semi-swanky, semi-hip lounge with a name like "Metro" or "Box", the subject is usually accompanied by two or three carbon copies, all tediously blathering on at overcompensating volumes, revelling in the highlights of their action-packed day. Unaware of their blistering conformity, they are tiny cogs in a huge, boring machine that seems to breed the species like drones in a hive. Despite this state of affairs, they entertain illusions of being "with it" and "on the cutting edge" - until perhaps, they get home and catch a horrifying peek behind the mask, which only makes things worse for everyone.

So spookily accurate.
I pray that I don't end up like this

FUCK BLOCKBUSTERS! Fuckers said cause I was the last to preorder the Halo LE they were not giving me it cause they only 8 of the 9 pre orders. Then said they would give me £10 of the £35.99 price and charged me £30 anyway and didn't give me a receipt so I can't prove any of this! I JUST WANTED A FUCKING LE COPY!

FUCK BLOCKBUSTERS! Fuckers said cause I was the last to preorder the Halo LE they were not giving me it cause they only 8 of the 9 pre orders. Then said they would give me £10 of the £35.99 price and charged me £30 anyway and didn't give me a receipt so I can't prove any of this! I JUST WANTED A FUCKING LE COPY!

dOevQ.gif

ek1k8.png

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
Did you say to the cashier, "didn't you just tell me you'd give me £10 off?" and also "where's my receipt?"
Or did it go,
"That'll be £35.99"
"Oh, ok."
*pays the incorrect amount and walks out without picking up receipt* "I'm so telling GAF about this."

SKINNER!

Banned

pfft, that's nothing compared to the Mass Effect 3/GAME fiasco.

SmokyDave

Did you say to the cashier, "didn't you just tell me you'd give me £10 off?" and also "where's my receipt?"
Or did it go,
"That'll be £35.99"
"Oh, ok."
*pays the incorrect amount and walks out without picking up receipt* "I'm so telling GAF about this."

I saw you on Retrobike.

Good man.

That is all.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You could always try to use the consumer rule that states that word of mouth is enough of a contract if it made you buy the product. If you bought Halo because you were promised £10 off of the LE and a game on day one then Blockbusters are legally obliged to comply. Or at least that's what one bloke off Watchdog said a few weeks back.

Or did it go,
"That'll be £35.99"
"Oh, ok."

I paid by card and didn't check the amount if I am honest! Still annoyed.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
I saw you on Retrobike.

Good man.

That is all.

Aye it's a good crowd there, I've been on a few rides with the regional group with them too, but feel a bit out of place on my On One, so I'm stripping and rebuilding the '96 Claude Butler Kylami I rode in between my old Marin getting nicked and building the On One. It's made of lead, but the geometry feels good and once you've pushed it off the weight works in your favour!

I was on the UKMB forum too but didn't like the vibe there, a bit cliquey. In other words I prefer the company of old farts.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Real men have a strong coffee before halo 4 matchmaking. The upper hand is always the best hand right ?

also were is my waypoint file browser ? I knew 343industries couldn't offer me the service bungie did. Time to wipe the team and hire capable workers. I have some screenshots waiting to be uploaded to the website but there stuck on my console for now. Fucking AWESOME GAME. Il take any of you down.

add kentpaul09 to xbl

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Real men have a strong coffee before halo 4 matchmaking. The upper hand is always the best hand right ?

also were is my waypoint file browser ? I knew 343industries couldn't offer me the service bungie did. Time to wipe the team and hire capable workers. I have some screenshots waiting to be uploaded to the website but there stuck on my console for now. Fucking AWESOME GAME. Il take any of you down.

add kentpaul09 to xbl

You asked me when I was in the shower and now you've gone offline ye vag.
I don't have XBL, sold my Xbox over 2 years ago.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

add kentpaul09 to xbl

I will hit you up when I get home. Hopefully there is something awesome on my doorstep. Otherwise imma play Halo 3 and sulk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom