• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
360s are like $99 right now but symd is right, it's really only going to be crazy busy this first month and then it will be the stalwart Halo fans only.

Lirlond

Boom! Also at the risk of seeming ignorant about games again and provoking rage from certain users, why are the Halo games less guilty of iteration than, say, the CoD games?

The Halo games are good. Iteration isn't bad. So long as your product is good each time then iteration is a positive thing.

Mr. Sam

Late to the party:

FK9JV.jpg

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Boom! Also at the risk of seeming ignorant about games again and provoking rage from certain users, why are the Halo games less guilty of iteration than, say, the CoD games?

I think Halo iterates fairly well. Every game, even the non-mainline games contribute something to the sandbox, be in in loadout, weapons or control tweaks. To be fair, you can't change too much without it ceasing to be Halo any more. You need that floaty jump and the AR, nade melee mix in there.

I saw a review yesterday that criticised the game for having no iron sights, smh. But the same review also called the combat bland and linear, so it's fairly obvious that they don't know how to Halo properly.

Oh god my hype levels are ridiculous. If there's not an Amazon package on my doormat I may actually cry from anticlimax.

EDIT: ^^^ oh Mr Sam you are in for some good times. Apart from Halo 2 maybe, I don't think that game has aged very well at all, it sorely needs a new edition like for CE.

I hope this Mecha-Musha thing works out so there's a GAF flat of sorts.

me too. Love seeing UK Gaffers helping each other out. If he's into awesome music (The Bouncing Souls ftw! Thanks Musha's BF), nerf guns and star wars then he'll be on cloud 9.

Plans slightly scuppered! I did get the job thankfully- so I'll wait a bit after xmas and see what's out there! I don't like leaving my mum alone over xmas:(

CoD = Annual series.
Halo 4 = 4th in the series since 2001 (not included spin offs)

It seems disingenuous to claim that ODST and/or Reach are 'spin offs', but I accept that the games are less frequent. I'd still question whether the changes made to each Halo are significantly greater than the changes made every two years to the CoD series.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well I don't play the Halo games I'm just saying why people are more likely to call the CoD games a bunch of rehashes.

Mikeside

It seems disingenuous to claim that ODST and/or Reach are 'spin offs', but I accept that the games are less frequent. I'd still question whether the changes made to each Halo are significantly greater than the changes made every two years to the CoD series.

I'd agree that ODST and Halo Wars are spinoffs, but Halo Reach was definitely marketed as "the next Halo" so you can't really argue it on that one.

On the same line of thinking, I guess you have to say that the Modern Warfare and Black Ops franchises are seperate - so they're on 2 seperate 2 yearly release schedules.
I think the CoD games are over-hyped by the people who love them, but I equally think that the people who hate them are just as OTT in their furious loathing. I played all of them other than MW3, including queueing up for about 3.5 hours at Eurogamer to play the Black Ops 2 demo (didn't want to queue so long for it, but a friend of mine is a serious nerd for Call of Duty, so I waited with him) and I think they're all pretty good. I can see improvements from one to the next, generally, I just don't think they're all that.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I thought you had to pay for shipping to get it release day from Amazon, I'm probably wrong though.

I did!

Half tempted to get my sulky stomp on, walk half hour to the nearest supermarket and pick up a copy and return the amazon copy when it arrives. I've sent my mrs out for the evening and everything!

Stubo

I just ate but I still want a subway now :( Italian BMT should be inside me right now.

Any other fans of the Southwest + Ranch sauce combo in here?

Mikeside

I did!

Half tempted to get my sulky stomp on, walk half hour to the nearest supermarket and pick up a copy and return the amazon copy when it arrives. I've sent my mrs out for the evening and everything!

You could even return the amazon copy to the supermarket, depending which you pay more for.

If you're bothered about it enough for the short journey to the shop, you may as well do it.

Pick me up a 360 and copy of the game while you're there?

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
You know how stuff comes out of the tumble dryer all jumbled up, occasionally knotted and sometimes with one thing inside another? Well, just for a change in my latest batch a teatowel came out neatly folded!

Astonishing.

daviyoung

Banned
You know how stuff comes out of the tumble dryer all jumbled up, occasionally knotted and sometimes with one thing inside another? Well, just for a change in my latest batch a teatowel came out neatly folded!

Astonishing.

dude-tying-shoelaces-without-using-hands.gif

did it go into the washing machine neatly folded? :/

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Anyone else staying up for the election results tonight? Always enjoy the bbc coverage.

Also Derren Brown is awesome

Anyone else staying up for the election results tonight? Always enjoy the bbc coverage.

Also Derren Brown is awesome

I'll be watching till about 1am, which is when it will start to get interesting. But alas I have classes tomorrow morning.

Obama has a solid chance, though I feel the need to tell US Gaf not to fudge this one up.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I do believe it will be something of a landslide, that being said the guilty part of me hopes its super close, i do love reading gaf meltdowns.

Mr Cola

A national institution, the man is loved

Darren870

Nope, will have to see the results in the AM. It wont be till about 3am till its called, and that's if its a clear winner.

I voted 2 weeks ago, hope it helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom