• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like opening your mouth knowing you'll get shot down the throat, isn't it sometimes?

The subject rarely attracts level heads... and those that are can't be heard over the chaos, or have to reduce themselves to a baser level in order to be heard. That's the case on GAF, anyway.

Especially Gaming-Side, I've noticed large threads like that aren't worth bothering with because they'll be full of people who revel in being ignorant. Just look at the game dev costs thread. So ridiculous.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Gah! What's all this stuff about being cliquey, huh?

In the main, new people seem to pick up the track pretty fast, and I'm OK with that. I even read through the whole damn lot every now and then so I got some idea what you guys are like and up to (or fantasising about maybe).

It is what it is.

I kind of miss Smokey here, but I can always catch up with him somewhere else.

The only problem I've got (and it is my problem, not BritGAF's problem) is the sheer speed this thing moves at. To do anything meaningful here I'd have to be in maybe five times a day at least, and at my age five times a day is more than I can manage.

But I'm still around - even if I don't have quite the same hangups as some of you have - well, not any more these days. Don't imagine even for a minute that I've abandoned you!

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Gah! What's all this stuff about being cliquey, huh?

In the main, new people seem to pick up the track pretty fast, and I'm OK with that. I even read through the whole damn lot every now and then so I got some idea what you guys are like and up to (or fantasising about maybe).

It is what it is.

I kind of miss Smokey here, but I can always catch up with him somewhere else.

The only problem I've got (and it is my problem, not BritGAF's problem) is the sheer speed this thing moves at. To do anything meaningful here I'd have to be in maybe five times a day at least, and at my age five times a day is more than I can manage.

But I'm still around - even if I don't have quite the same hangups as some of you have - well, not any more these days. Don't imagine even for a minute that I've abandoned you!

ahh man you catch up the thread every time!?

Just dont read my posts

they have pretty much no content and will speed up the process

I'm going to add that I have no problem with BritGAF, sure the thread can move pretty fast and there's a few in jokes but I've been made to feel welcome and I hope that after I've learnt the ropes properly I'll settle in even more.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
ahh man you catch up the thread every time!?

Just dont read my posts

they have pretty much no content and will speed up the process

Too late man. I know you and I shall be keeping an eye open.

Same with Spacker, who is a welcome addition.

3Sixty

Getting TUPE'd over at work. Got a meeting today and supposed to have filled in a bunch of paper work i've had for months but left until today.

Classic me.

8bit

Knows the Score
I didn't go anywhere near the community forums until recently as I didn't really expect any of interest but it's nice to find a pocket where I can use certain idioms or expressions without being too misunderstood.

With the amount of people on this site these days it's not surprising there are more little groups. I don't think cliques is a fair representation as there are too many people to keep track of.

With a few exceptions most of the 'celebrities' are all mouth and no trousers anyway.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
It really is cliquey though. Pretty much everyone here knows when to make a quip about how Mike's love life is less than amazing and there's that Kentpaul fucker who pops in and everyone makes jokes about.

Who the fuck is that guy? Seriously.

Kentpaul is awesome. He's an enthusiastic Scotsman, high on life, mad stacks and benzo fury. Good people.

SKINNER!

Banned
It really is cliquey though. Pretty much everyone here knows when to make a quip about how Mike's love life is less than amazing and there's that Kentpaul fucker who pops in and everyone makes jokes about.

Who the fuck is that guy? Seriously.

ibw7FGzLHnlU8V.gif

Rubbish King

Job interview for a cleaner job at asda

Quite conflicted as im happy ive been granted an interview

but it's a cleaning job

at asda

I didn't go anywhere near the community forums until recently as I didn't really expect any of interest but it's nice to find a pocket where I can use certain idioms or expressions without being too misunderstood.

With the amount of people on this site these days it's not surprising there are more little groups. I don't think cliques is a fair representation as there are too many people to keep track of.

With a few exceptions most of the 'celebrities' are all mouth and no trousers anyway.
8bit
Really does know the score
Getting TUPE'd over at work. Got a meeting today and supposed to have filled in a bunch of paper work i've had for months but left until today.

Classic me.
whats a tupe
Vaguely so. My head is not really in the game this weekend :)
I cant actually move my head without feeling sick, so i know that feel.. I just want to make time pass by quicker as this hangover is actually pretty fucking brutal

I cant believe 3 weeks without drinking has made me so lightweight..On the plus side I had half a cigarette...and i actually hated it..made me feel sick

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Job interview for a cleaner job at asda

Quite conflicted as im happy ive been granted an interview

but it's a cleaning job

at asda

8bit
Really does know the score

whats a tupe

I cant actually move my head without feeling sick, so i know that feel.. I just want to make time pass by quicker as this hangover is actually pretty fucking brutal

I cant believe 3 weeks without drinking has made me so lightweight..On the plus side I had half a cigarette...and i actually hated it..made me feel sick

High five I'm a cleaner at asda too but in the distribution part of it all, City facilities management, When your bored just jump on the ride on road sweeper and kill a few hours. My fridge is stocked up with vodka and strongbow and a cheap bottle of cider. Have some guests coming over tonight.

Spent the better half of the morning doing some major housework.

Rubbish King

High five I'm a cleaner at asda too but in the distribution part of it all, City facilities management, When your bored just jump on the ride on road sweeper and kill a few hours. My fridge is stocked up with vodka and strongbow and a cheap bottle of cider. Have some guests coming over tonight.

Spent the better half of the morning doing some major housework. Getting a hold of some Valium to cure any hangover that comes my way tomorrow.

Yeah that's the one, what are the hours like? So is it fun? Any advice for the interview thing?

Kentpaul

Yeah that's the one, what are the hours like? So is it fun? Any advice for the interview thing?

Your co-workers will bitch about the most petty bullshit. I work in a warehouse so my work experience is 100 percent different from the stores.

Pray you get on the day shift, 6 till 2, finishing at two is like having a day off work every single day. No point in giving you interview advice as its the type of job you will pretty much be giving a day after the interview

Darren870

I've never been, what did you have? My gf went to the Waterside Inn in January and got to meet a couple of the Rouxs. So jealous.

Chefs Tasting Menu

Highlights were the Quail and Venison
Had Monkfish and Scallops also. Both were amazing, the Venison just melted in your mouth though.

I've been meaning to do the Waterside Inn and Fat Duck. Both are on my list to hit in England before I leave.

SKINNER!

Banned
Nice! Monkfish is so incredibly tasty and I'm usually iffy about seafood. and there's more to say about venison really. Nothing beats a game food. Still prefer hare only because I sometimes get bored of venison.

EDIT: Did my Highland pics not convince you to check out Scotland yet Darren? :p

Kentpaul

I had a haddock and cheese pie and fuck it has put me off fish for good. A strong cheesy taste followed by a strong fish taste is the type of taste that can ruin ones life.

I can pretty much eat anything but fuck me that was one nauseating experience.

Mikeside

I'm glad the thread newbies feel they've settled in nicely because I wouldn't want to change the friendly, intimate feels we've got going on in here - everyone is pretty awesome and its nice to have a place on GAF where the in jokes aren't all about Vita being doomed, Reggie's body being ready and blahblahblah regurgitated gaming bullshit.

I think we're intimidating but welcoming. Like when your new girlfriend's dad is a hench bodybuilder but when your car breaks down he fixes it with you over a few beers.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
I had a haddock and cheese pie.

Really, that might not have been a smart move. Wait a week or two for the taste to wear off and then eat some fish properly - fresh, lightly cooked, and without pastry and cheese.

Lemon sole's my favourite. With fresh peas and sautee'd potatoes. Fantastic.

Mikeside

Sole and monkfish are the food of gods
I love a nice bit of seabass too.

PS. Kentpaul, where have you been? I've missed you mang

Darren870

Nice! Monkfish is so incredibly tasty and I'm usually iffy about seafood. and there's more to say about venison really. Nothing beats a game food. Still prefer hare only because I sometimes get bored of venison.

EDIT: Did my Highland pics not convince you to check out Scotland yet Darren? :p

I've been to Edinburgh already actually. I did like it a lot and probably will wind up going back for a long weekend at some point.

I've been trying to get out of the flat every weekend and see a new place in England or go to a new country.

Phisheep, your advice for oxford was great. Went there a few weeks back and had a good time.

Cambridge is next

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Phisheep, your advice for oxford was great. Went there a few weeks back and had a good time.

Cambridge is next

Thanks Darren. Not that I can remember what the advice was of course - too long ago. What did you enjoy the most (be useful to know that next time somebody asks)?

Can't be any help on Cambridge I'm afraid. Only been there a few times, and never when sober.

Chefs Tasting Menu

Highlights were the Quail and Venison
Had Monkfish and Scallops also. Both were amazing, the Venison just melted in your mouth though.

I've been meaning to do the Waterside Inn and Fat Duck. Both are on my list to hit in England before I leave.

Sounds amazing!

Fat Duck is on my list of places to try, I've persuaded the bloke to come along too, plus his foodie mate. Just need to save up for it now!

Kentpaul

Sole and monkfish are the food of gods
I love a nice bit of seabass too.

PS. Kentpaul, where have you been? I've missed you mang

Addicted to netflix man, Been spending my free time in my living room and not my bedroom (Pc is kept in my bedroom)

Darren870

Thanks Darren. Not that I can remember what the advice was of course - too long ago. What did you enjoy the most (be useful to know that next time somebody asks)?

Can't be any help on Cambridge I'm afraid. Only been there a few times, and never when sober.

Well I think the best of it really was just getting out of London. I really liked checking out the different schools though and the Pitt Rivers Museum was one of the best Museums I've been to in a while. The layout and overall feel was very interesting.

My only complaint was the food, there wasn't like anything in the middle I could find. It was chain restaurants or really expensive ones which for a weekend trip I wasn't prepared for. Just wanted a family owned place to get some decent british or homemade italian food.

My fault I guess, I'm sure they exist I just didn't look into it enough.

Sounds amazing!

Fat Duck is on my list of places to try, I've persuaded the bloke to come along too, plus his foodie mate. Just need to save up for it now!

Yea, Fat Duck looks really good. Its just saving up the £.

The bill last night almost made me cry.

3Sixty

I've been to Edinburgh already actually. I did like it a lot and probably will wind up going back for a long weekend at some point.

I've been trying to get out of the flat every weekend and see a new place in England or go to a new country.

Cambridge is next

Have you been to Bath?

Might be my favourite city i've visited.

Kentpaul

*people discussing fine dining / seafood*

YSzO1NI.gif

This fucking slayed me.

843634_MEDIUM.jpg

I meant bake, The fish and cheese combo is downright horrifying. Ain't even had a fish supper from the chippy since the incident.

Also mdma gaf, got a source for some Yellow rockstars, Any good ?

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Well I think the best of it really was just getting out of London. I really liked checking out the different schools though and the Pitt Rivers Museum was one of the best Museums I've been to in a while. The layout and overall feel was very interesting.

My only complaint was the food, there wasn't like anything in the middle I could find. It was chain restaurants or really expensive ones which for a weekend trip I wasn't prepared for. Just wanted a family owned place to get some decent british or homemade italian food.

My fault I guess, I'm sure they exist I just didn't look into it enough.

Glad you enjoyed the Pitt Rivers! My favourite place. There are plenty of decent mid-range places to eat, but they change so frequently (and I haven't been back for 10 years) that there's no point recommending particular ones. IIRC you'll find them mostly in Jericho and just the other side of Magdalen Bridge.

Have you been to Bath?

Might be my favourite city i've visited.

Bath is amazing. As also is York, Durham, Cirencester ... - basically anywhere apart from Manchester and Birmingham.

Rubbish King

I meant bake, The fish and cheese combo is downright horrifying. Ain't even had a fish supper from the chippy since the incident.

Also mdma gaf, got a source for some Yellow rockstars, Any good ?
Got 5/5 on the pill report
Got 3 of these bad boys about three weeks ago, when out that night with my mates and one of my friend got 2 of them he normal takes one or two strong pills and I normal take one pill. We both took one of them at the same time.

T: dropped one pill, whole

T+00:35: I start to feel the the pill, hitting my mate wasn't feeling anything yet.

T+00:45: The pill fully kicked in for me and I was buzzing so I ran to find my friend and when I found him he looked fucked so we went in to the club and head straight for the dance floor.

T+01:00 - 04:25: I keep on dancing, having a great time, lots of smiles all round same with my mate he was loving it. I was chewing hard, too much so I got some gum to help out with the chewing and some water but apart from that no bad effects at all.

T+04:45: Start to come down a bit now, as the club was about to closes down for the night so we decide to leave the club and go home. While in the taxi on the way home I was just feeling a little tired but still buzzing as my mate was.

T+05:20: On a come down nothing to bad but I had a joint to help me sleep and passed out straight away in my bed.

Next morning: Feeling a nice today, a little bit tired but nothing unusual.

Best part was I had 2 pills left over as I was not sure on the strength of these pills but they are strong so they are good for 3 to 4 hours these pills will last. As me and my mate had some left over we went to a mates house and jamed and took 1 pill each that night and I went out again a week later to take my last one with mate to celebrate results night.

I would strongly recommend if you can get your hands on them.

All in all, we had a really good time on only one pill each. The md felt clean and definitely strong enough. I think the md levels are around 140-160mg.

Kentpaul

Seems like the real deal, I take it the MDMA shortage in the UK is over and the good shit is back for good.

A fish pie always needs some cheese in it. You guys are insane.

Cheese and fish do not go good together.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
A fish pie always needs some cheese in it. You guys are insane.

No, you are missing the point here noffles. It might well be true that a fish pie needs cheese in it, but there is a far greater truth than than that which is that a fish does not need to be in a pie in the first place.

Mikeside

Glad you enjoyed the Pitt Rivers! My favourite place. There are plenty of decent mid-range places to eat, but they change so frequently (and I haven't been back for 10 years) that there's no point recommending particular ones. IIRC you'll find them mostly in Jericho and just the other side of Magdalen Bridge.

Bath is amazing. As also is York, Durham, Cirencester ... - basically anywhere apart from Manchester and Birmingham.

We should do a britgaf visit to somewhere nice like York - pub lunch, have a wander, take in the town etc

Would be a good, relaxing day out

Mikeside

No, you are missing the point here noffles. It might well be true that a fish pie needs cheese in it, but there is a far greater truth than than that which is that a fish does not need to be in a pie in the first place.

I was in Sainsburys a couple of years ago and a little kid took a portion of fish (I forget what but I remember deciding I wanted one so grabbed one off of the shelf) and he asked if they could try it...
She said no and made him get fish fingers instead because "you don't know if you'll like this... Just stick to something safe".

I was silently livid.

Kentpaul

I'm looking forward to meeting shorty at the ASAP gig this MAY. It will be my first time meeting a gaffer.

Rubbish King

I really want this hangover to go away

I hate it when i go to a bar and act weirdly...I hope i never see that girl again

8bit

Knows the Score
Sounds amazing!

It's a great experience, pain in the arse to get a booking though. If you can, I'd recommend the paired wines to go with the dishes but it looks as if the price of the set menu is nearly double what it was in 2009.

Suairyu

Banned
The problem with the video is that nobody can criticise it without getting labelled as a sexist.
You can absolutely criticise it without being sexist, so long as your criticisms aren't thinly veiled sexist comments.

People have already criticised the lack of deep analysis in this first installment (though Fem Frequency is very much a pulp broad view feminist criticism, not an academic level one) and they didn't get accused of sexism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom