• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeside

i9E2ZfqXUCK45.gif

Glorious! Such a messy club :D

Ain't nobody fucking with our clique

Bah, is it really that cliquey?
I guess we could keep this to the LondonMeet thread, but then everyone wouldn't get to laugh at us.

Mikeside

OK I see how that's cliquey, but can we get some kind of clear definition from somebody who feels like a bit of a thread-outsider (or even an old regular who feels pushed out) or something on when we're being cliquey, because as much as I don't want anyone feeling like an outsider, it's a bit like walking on eggshells sometimes.

Reknoc

Anime britgaf is pyscho pass worth watching it sounded pretty much my type of thing just wondering what people's views are on it

I enjoyed what little I watched, then I kinda just fell out of watching it, and then all the later episodes sounded awful so I lost any desire to pick it back up again.

Wes

venison crêpe
Dying of thirst I nipped in to a newsagents to buy a drink. £1.55 for a 500ml bottle of Sprite.

Gobsmacked.

Mikeside

Dying of thirst I nipped in to a newsagents to buy a drink. £1.55 for a 500ml bottle of Sprite.

Gobsmacked.

Where the fuck are you that's charging that?!
Even in central London I only paid £1.20 for a bottle of Coke

Edit: Finally got out of my contract with 3 Mobile, by the way, so it's goodbye Galaxy Nexus & shit signal (one of you will be missed) and hello really fucking cheap Galaxy SIII with hopefully much better signal.

I'm trying out a company called Talkmobile who I've heard good things about - they use Vodafone's network & I'm paying £22 a month for the SIII with unlimited texts & calls and 500mb data (can up to 1GB if I want for another £5/m)

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Just glad i have a family member who works at Barr's. Getting all the awesome soda for next to nothing is a way of life for me.

In other news, traveller's are fucking awesome. Seen some of them at the yard the other day at the scales with a pickup full of copper boilers lol, They made a 1000 odd. Dude's know to to make some major cash. All respect givin.

Where the fuck are you that's charging that?!
Even in central London I only paid £1.20 for a bottle of Coke

Edit: Finally got out of my contract with 3 Mobile, by the way, so it's goodbye Galaxy Nexus & shit signal (one of you will be missed) and hello really fucking cheap Galaxy SIII with hopefully much better signal.

I'm trying out a company called Talkmobile who I've heard good things about - they use Vodafone's network & I'm paying £22 a month for the SIII with unlimited texts & calls and 500mb data (can up to 1GB if I want for another £5/m)

Galaxy SIII is a beast of a phone. Fuck yeah yo. Download subway surfers asap and let the addiction ruin your life.

Kentpaul

We used to get their stuff by ours, in little delivery vans. We don't anymore... fuckin schweppes / coca cola chasing them off or something. I don't get it. Used to love their Dandelion & Burdock!

I have never even tasted Dandelion & Burdock :(

Some skyrim soda that is

Mikeside

I have never even tasted Dandelion & Burdock :(

Some skyrim soda that is

You have to try it, so yummy.

Galaxy SIII is a beast of a phone. Fuck yeah yo. Download subway surfers asap and let the addiction ruin your life.

It's a bit crap to be getting an SIII just as the SIV is about to drop, but it was such a good deal, I couldn't really justify the extra for a Note II (my preference) or maybe one of the Xperia phones just coming out....

...fuck it, I'll live with my decision.

BritGAF, must have phone accessories? I've already bought a 64gb card for music (as I can't really continue with cloud music services on the go with a 1gb/m cap) and a slip-cover (I hate flip and clip cases on phones)

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I don't mind, but as someone who didn't go it has been turning into a massive circle jerk every now and then.

This is a community thread and southernGAF are becoming friends in real life. How is this bad? Are we gonna have to form a splinter thread just so we can talk about RL stuff?

I didn't get to go, but I like to see what my friends have been up to. It gives me smiles. Make your way to a meet as soon as you can, you will have a great fucking time.

Kentpaul

This is a community thread and southernGAF are becoming friends in real life. How is this bad? Are we gonna have to form a splinter thread just so we can talk about RL stuff?

I didn't get to go, but I like to see what my friends have been up to. It gives me smiles. Make your way to a meet as soon as you can, you will have a great fucking time.

I ain't been to one yet but i loved the seeing gaffers having an awesome time, Apart from mike i couldn't put a face to a name though.

I've seen it for £1.89 down here, it's unbelievable.

That's crossing the line between a cheap small bottle of soda to a 2lt bottle of cheap cider mark. Fuck that shit snive.

3Sixty

Just seen this on facebook.

" I'm not a racist and never will be but wish we could go back to the days when England had only Bristish people living here and all the foreigner's stayed where they belong"

Kentpaul

I once bought a can of Fanta from Westfield. It cost a fucking quid.

Ridiculous.

A can should not cost more than 50 pence.

" I'm not a racist and never will be but wish we could go back to the days when England had only Bristish people living here and all the foreigner's stayed where they belong"

People should stop looking at borders and start looking at the human race as one.

FFS

Mikeside

It's all good fun until the next time I get drunk and declare my true love for donkey show.
I want to touch his soul with my eyes.

I ain't been to one yet but i loved the seeing gaffers having an awesome time, Apart from mike i couldn't put a face to a name though.

That's crossing the line between a cheap small bottle of soda to a 2lt bottle of cheap cider mark. Fuck that shit snive.

Yeah, it's horrible paying so much for everything down here :(

You're horrified by the misuse of the apostrophe too, right?....oh yeah, that too.

Kentpaul

It's all good fun until the next time I get drunk and declare my true love for donkey show.
I want to touch his soul with my eyes.

Yeah, it's horrible paying so much for everything down here :(

You're horrified by the misuse of the apostrophe too, right?....oh yeah, that too.

We in Scotland have a chain called SPAR who like to overprice shit too. Milk. 2lt of milk should not cost more than 1 quid, What's everyone's local price ?

Kentpaul

It's been over a quid for like 10 years down here, I think about £1.30 atm.

Hopefully not.

Views aside people should always have the right to vote in what they believe in.

Milk discussion

Since its only 30 pence more we will round it down to the nearest pound and call it a quid ;)

noffles

Banned

I hate all these people who start off with, "I'm not racist." It's not a life choice, mate. You're just the casualty of bigoted conditioning and attempting justifying it by denying that you're the thing everyone hates.

Shit like this breeds potent cynicism.

Mikeside

Views aside people should always have the right to vote in what they believe in.

Milk discussion

Since its only 30 pence more we will round it down to the nearest pound and call it a quid ;)

Yeah, I wouldn't take away their right to vote, but if somebody with racist views is too apathetic to do so, I'm happy to enjoy that.

Never round money down, bro. Always up.

Mikeside

Imo if your still alive at 60 your doing it wrong.

But then you wouldn't get to become a crotchety old man!

The only way I can brush off all the douchebags and dickboxes of this world is by thinking "when I'm a grumpy old fucker I'm going to speak my mind to people like you and nobody can blame me, because I'm just a grumpy old man who paid his taxes for years and deserves this"

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Anime britgaf is pyscho pass worth watching it sounded pretty much my type of thing just wondering what people's views are on it
It's ok. It's pretty dumb and one of those shows that tries to be too clever by have long drawn out conversations quoting random philosophies they found from a Google search. I'm only watching it because I started it and I like to see things through. You could watch the first episode since that will give you an idea of what it is like.

NinjaBoiX

OK I see how that's cliquey, but can we get some kind of clear definition from somebody who feels like a bit of a thread-outsider (or even an old regular who feels pushed out) or something on when we're being cliquey, because as much as I don't want anyone feeling like an outsider, it's a bit like walking on eggshells sometimes.
I don't post that much in here, and it is quite cliquey in that it's only a handful of posters generally, but I've found you guys really friendly and open. Can't say I feel awkward or ostracised in the least! I know most of you from OT anyway, so it's not like getting to know a bunch of strangers.

I don't post that much in here, and it is quite cliquey in that it's only a handful of posters generally, but I've found you guys really friendly and open. Can't say I feel awkward or ostracised in the least! I know most of you from OT anyway, so it's not like getting to know a bunch of strangers.

I'd agree with that (although I post a fair bit in here it tends to be in waves). Got really cliquey over the weekend though when page after page was about the meetup.

SteveWD40

I think it's cliquey but post pics from meet ups all you like cos I like to live vicariously ;)

Edit: actually not cliquey in the sense of shunning outsiders, but more in the "loads of jokes you won't get" way, like a best mans speech that's only funny if you were on the stag do...

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Got really cliquey over the weekend though when page after page was about the meetup.
Yeah it's generally not too bad but definitely has been dominating due to meet-up information being posted here instead of the meet up thread.

But if BritGAF wants to be like that I really do not care, do what you will. I just won't post and will skip pages until it gets back to regular discussion.

Lirlond

Every time Kurita posts those volume covers I get so jelly. But I don't see anyone picking it up in the UK. Fingers crossed though.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Anybody else planning on picking up this? Been watching a lot of streams lately and thinking of switching to my main from Terran to Zerg just for fun (find Terran a bit boring atm).

Heart_of_the_Split.jpg
Why are there strawberries?
Just an image I pulled of Google but generally when related to Zerg and Starcraft, it's meant as a tribute to a really Cool retired Zerg player, under the screen name Fruit Dealer. He picked that name because he had to stop playing after Brood War to help his family run a fruit stand. When he returned after the release of SC2 he picked that name.

5214470491_73ca4df64e.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom