• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Morning Gaf, and Happy Friday!

Going to Nandos for lunch today, and off to the bloke's folks after work. I saw that TK Maxx are doing Emma Bridgewater mugs for Comic Relief, and the bloke's Mum loves a bit of Emma Bridgewater, so I'ma pop and buy her one after lunch.

Tomorrow I really need to get my hair cut, then I think I might take the bf to Katzenjammers. Sunday we're going to the O2 for the Country show. Have Monday off work too, so going snowboarding in Milton Keynes.

Jesus christ that's a busy weekend! I feel stressed just thinking about that much activity!

Having some much appreciated alone-time this weekend, feel like I've been too busy lately and need to indulge my nerdiness for a while. Can't come soon enough!

fake-edit: woah TMI there hahaha. deleted two paragraphs of filth, you guys can thank me for sparing you.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Then let's get that other PC built and get you playing RealGames(TM)

I've got a wedding to go to this weekend, then I'm hoping my car will be fixed. I really just want to sleep. I haven't had a proper good night of sleep in weeks

Yeah boiii, would be nice to have a PC that doesn't sound like a jet engine too... funnily enough I'll be out the following weekend, so... April sometime? ha

EDIT: song just came up on my shuffle - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae_0j3byq4w

listen to it without checking the artist, it's so good. And then you'll feel terrible for liking it.

Morning Gaf, and Happy Friday!

Going to Nandos for lunch today, and off to the bloke's folks after work. I saw that TK Maxx are doing Emma Bridgewater mugs for Comic Relief, and the bloke's Mum loves a bit of Emma Bridgewater, so I'ma pop and buy her one after lunch.

Tomorrow I really need to get my hair cut, then I think I might take the bf to Katzenjammers. Sunday we're going to the O2 for the Country show. Have Monday off work too, so going snowboarding in Milton Keynes.
Give my regards to the blonde.

Where do you live: Sheerness, but I'm not a Swampy (count my toes)
Where are you from: London
University: None
Sports of choice (and if you'd like to alienate yourself you can provide the team you support as well): Motor racing
Current political party of choice: None
Favourite (current) UK TV show: QI
Favourite (current) non UK TV show: None
CBBC or CITV: Too old for that, but when I was a kid it was Swap Shop or Tiswas, so: Tiswas

Yeah, things are pretty shitty here in the UK. But then I read threads about the US and well...could be worse. Must'nt grumble.

Sports of choice (and if you'd like to alienate yourself you can provide the team you support as well): Motor racing
CBBC or CITV: Too old for that, but when I was a kid it was Swap Shop or Tiswas, so: Tiswas

Yeah, things are pretty shitty here in the UK. But then I read threads about the US and well...could be worse. Must'nt grumble.
Welcome, mane. Why would you leave London?

Welcome! Stay, hang out with us, I think we could do with some more older blood

SKINNER!

Banned
ugh, spent the whole day yesterday at some career development conference at work which basically went along the lines of "The only way to the top is networking! It's not about what you know but WHO you know" i.e. become a doormat/ass-kisser. I don't take networking seriously since I have this weird idea that creating working relationships based doing a good job, team work and accomplishing important tasks is far more geniune than being a golf buddy or sucking up to your boss's shitty jokes at every meeting. Does that make me an awkward person? honest answers please.

Anywhoo, sorry about that. weekend's finally here! Heading to a Gig tonight! Cannot wait.

Welcome Slackbladder! Will catch up with this thread now.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving

Another member of Her Majesty's Secret Service
So you and deaf Spacker must be work colleagues then?

SKINNER!

Banned
That's me. I was doing the backing vocals... I look fuckin' zonked haha

Fucking legend!

Anime britgaf is pyscho pass worth watching it sounded pretty much my type of thing just wondering what people's views are on it

I found the beginning eps of it really fascinating but it was missing the addictive factor. factor. I got up to around episode 5 or 6 a couple of weeks back and haven't watched it since. Might watch some this weekend.

CHEEZMO™;50114910 said:
Which one of you gimps is Max Zomg?

I was curious too. Now I know.

Yeah, let's have a L4D2 sesh tomorrow?

I would've said yes if it were not for the gig tonight.

Reknoc

Psycho-Pass did have a cool opening though. SECRET REMAINS FOOOOR YOU

also ridiculous fishing owns and if you have an iOS device you need to get it.

Mikeside

Come on shorty, you are going to be too tired from the gig to hold a pad and look at a screen? Let's all play!

...hold a pad...?

NOOOOO!!!!!

So what time do people want to play? I'll be ready from about 6:30pm, I think - I shall meet you all in BritGAF Steam Chat.

(If you're not a BritGAF Steam member, add me - IamMikeside on Steam and you'll get an invite)

NinjaBoiX

Gig doesn't end until 3am so assuming I'm back home in an acceptable state then I'll log onto steam and see if you guys are still playing :)
Oh right, this is for L4D. I'll definitely be able to get on and play Halo whenever, but the PC is poppa bear's, I'll have to see...

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Oh right, this is for L4D. I'll definitely be able to get on and play Halo whenever, but the PC is poppa bear's, I'll have to see...

I think there are currently two groups organising - one PC master-race to play L4D, and one with scrappy XBL underdogs to play Halo.

Halo all the way baby. My PC can't even play minecraft.

Reknoc

I would play halo with y'all but I don't own Halo 4, or have a gold sub anymore, or have my 360 set up.

Everyone should get a PS3 and Gundam EXVS so we can all play that instead.

I think there are currently two groups organising - one PC master-race to play L4D, and one with scrappy XBL underdogs to play Halo.

Halo all the way baby. My PC can't even play minecraft.

L4D2 like all source games run on pretty much everything. Minecraft is a pretty messily optimized game.

noffles

Banned
I could L4D2, but I wouldn't have a headset and I'd be stuck on my laptop, which would run it pretty awkwardly.

Maybe I'll show up.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I would play halo with y'all but I don't own Halo 4, or have a gold sub anymore, or have my 360 set up.

Everyone should get a PS3 and Gundam EXVS so we can all play that instead.

L4D2 like all source games run on pretty much everything. Minecraft is a pretty messily optimized game.

Minecraft was but one example. My machine can barely run windows ffs. People need to stop telling me it can run source games. Maybe it can in 1997 resolutions. But even then it'll hitch like a mofo. I can't even run Abode Premier 2, ok? Vimeo videos stutter. Can't watch HD Youtube. It's a piece of shit.

Mikeside

I could L4D2, but I wouldn't have a headset and I'd be stuck on my laptop, which would run it pretty awkwardly.

Maybe I'll show up.

Play on low settings and I'm sure the laptop will run it happily.

No headset might fuck you up a bit, but do you have a wired xbox controller and an xbox headset? that should work

Minecraft was but one example. My machine can barely run windows ffs. People need to stop telling me it can run source games. Maybe it can in 1997 resolutions. But even then it'll hitch like a mofo. I can't even run Abode Premier 2, ok? Vimeo videos stutter. Can't watch HD Youtube. It's a piece of shit.

What CPU/RAM/Graphics card are going to be in the PC I'm building for you? I might be able to find some donor parts that'll improve it

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I don't think I've even played through every level on L4D2.

But I'm out for a lot of the day so I have no idea when I'll be back.

I've gotten L4D2 to run alright on my MacBook. Technically I should switch to the Windows partition since it runs better there than in OS X, but I can't be bothered to keep switching.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

No headset might fuck you up a bit, but do you have a wired xbox controller and an xbox headset? that should work

What CPU/RAM/Graphics card are going to be in the PC I'm building for you? I might be able to find some donor parts that'll improve it

That's an excellent question - I think the graphics card in my current computer is a legacy from before Doom 3 came out, I might need to get something a bit more modern in there. If you have anything kicking about I'll be more than happy to hand over a few sheckles for it. Will check RAM when I'm at home but I think it's either 2 or 4 gigs in there. When I got it fromt he IT cupboard we raided all the machines for the best RAM. No idea about CPU though, is there a way of telling what it is without booting up?

Mikeside

That's an excellent question - I think the graphics card in my current computer is a legacy from before Doom 3 came out, I might need to get something a bit more modern in there. If you have anything kicking about I'll be more than happy to hand over a few sheckles for it. Will check RAM when I'm at home but I think it's either 2 or 4 gigs in there. When I got it fromt he IT cupboard we raided all the machines for the best RAM. No idea about CPU though, is there a way of telling what it is without booting up?

Let me know about RAM - I'm sure we can get you up to 8GB just for kicks. Not sure what I can do on the graphics card, but I'm sure we'll find something sexually gratifying.

CPU is best to just wait until we boot the thing and see - do you know roughly how old it is?

I keep reading your posts in Hayley William's voice. Also, we need to consider Worms for the next time. Everyone loves Worms :)

I have Worms Reloaded, well up for a bit o' dat shiz.
(also you put the apostrophe wrong, it should be Hayley Williams' :p)

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Let me know about RAM - I'm sure we can get you up to 8GB just for kicks. Not sure what I can do on the graphics card, but I'm sure we'll find something sexually gratifying.

CPU is best to just wait until we boot the thing and see - do you know roughly how old it is?

I have Worms Reloaded, well up for a bit o' dat shiz.
(also you put the apostrophe wrong, it should be Hayley Williams' :p)

I'd say it's roughly 3-4 years old maybe? Wasn't top of the line when it was bought either I'd guess. I'm upgrading from a diseased donkey to one that is merely a bit senile.

NinjaBoiX

I keep reading your posts in Hayley William's voice. Also, we need to consider Worms for the next time. Everyone loves Worms :)
tumblr_ltwgskfGbx1qgu90n.gif

Any excuse to gif!

Yeah, worms is always a laugh. I'm up for that. Does anyone remember worms blast? That was awesome! It was a little like competitive bust a move, but you are in boats either side of the screen, and the blocks you clear end up filling your opponents water level. Man, I must've played 100 hours of that thing with my pals.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
tumblr_ltwgskfGbx1qgu90n.gif

Any excuse to gif!

Yeah, worms is always a laugh. I'm up for that. Does anyone remember worms blast? That was awesome! It was a little like competitive bust a move, but you are in boats either side of the screen, and the blocks you clear end up filling your opponents water level. Man, I must've played 100 hours of that thing with my pals.

So, does a camera crew just follow Hayley around 24/7? I've never known a band to have so much BTS material out there. There must be more footage of her gurning than actual time of their records :p

noffles

Banned

I have a wireless Xbox headset and a wireless Xbox controller. Not sure those will help me though.

Mikeside

So, does a camera crew just follow Hayley around 24/7? I've never known a band to have so much BTS material out there. There must be more footage of her gurning than actual time of their records :p

I loved the first Paramore album and liked the second but everything since has sounded so hollow to me.

All the bullshit that came out when a couple of the guys left and wrote a blog about how much of a control freak Hayley and her family were, basically dragging the others along for the ride didn't help my opinion of the band either.

I have a wireless Xbox headset and a wireless Xbox controller. Not sure those will help me though.

Crack out the Google, friend. Your answer awaits on the information superhighway.

NinjaBoiX

Tell me about it. I think it's a combo of her being the "star of the show" so to speak, and the fact that she's clearly not shy of the camera. Fuck it, I'm not complaining!
2862655_o.gif

;P

Edit: Also, Mike, Brand New Eyes is their best record. But yeah, the history of the band is ugly to say the least.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Yes NinjaBoiX... Hayley gifs ahoy

Just got fallout new Vegas ultimate in game for the same price on steam without waiting to download... Awesome

Doe side is I just got raped by lovefilm events... Fuck that's twice that's happened

Mikeside

Tell me about it. I think it's a combo of her being the "star of the show" so to speak, and the fact that she's clearly not shy of the camera. Fuck it, I'm not complaining!
2862655_o.gif

;P

Edit: Also, Mike, Brand New Eyes is their best record. But yeah, the history of the band is ugly to say the least.

She's the Jim Halpert of real life.

Well then. Got a text this morning from the girl I met last night and she said she dreamt of me. :O

Hot.
Does she even lift? (is it that one?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom