• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
So, Bioshock. What are the unders and overs on this being good? I get paid 2 days after release so will be buying from a shop. But it also gives me a couple of days buffer time in case reception is negative.

Think I'm gonna get Luigi's Mansion 2 and get Bioshock later next month. Out of the two, I have more way faith in LM2 being the real deal. Next Level are a damn good studio, provided they have the time and budget.

Mikeside

So glad I got BioShock for free.
I can't be disappointed!

Luigi's 2 is going to be amazing!

BritGAF III - No Shirt, No Shoes, No Meadows

noffles

Banned
Amazon have been slipping with their release day stuff. They are quite good about giving you something if you complain though

Then if it happens, I'll complain big time. If they give me a voucher, it'll go towards Luigi's Mansion 2 or something.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Then if it happens, I'll complain big time. If they give me a voucher, it'll go towards Luigi's Mansion 2 or something.

I should have moaned when they missed my Halo 4 ship. I had to walk for half an hour to get another copy. Half an hour!!

I think the people in blockbuster were super glad for the custom though.

Selfish Pizza

Neo Member
Amazon have been slipping with their release day stuff. They are quite good about giving you something if you complain though

Whenever I preorder a game, I always get it from shopto. They always send me the game the day before release. They aren't always the cheapest, but if you want it early, they are great.

noffles

Banned

take me now

I should have moaned when they missed my Halo 4 ship. I had to walk for half an hour to get another copy. Half an hour!!

I think the people in blockbuster were super glad for the custom though.

Ugh, I'd just wait and avoid the internet for a day.

take me now

tumblr_lyj7cgcUxw1qeumowo1_500.gif

Suairyu

Banned
BGBW - remember to actually post the next thread in the Off Topic this time. If memory serves you're allowed a week or two out of the ghetto to help recruit new members.

Hystzen

So, Bioshock. What are the unders and overs on this being good? I get paid 2 days after release so will be buying from a shop. But it also gives me a couple of days buffer time in case reception is negative.

I suspect not good long development time plus questionable demos about how real they are make me nervous.

Then again I don't get hype for Bio1

What are views on Womb Raider reboot, I was semi interested but hearing some good stuff about the game has me interested worth picking up brand new at £30

noffles

Banned
I suspect not good long development time plus questionable demos about how real they are make me nervous.

What are views on Womb Raider reboot, I was semi interested but hearing some good stuff about the game has me interested worth picking up brand new at £30

I'm hearing Tomb Raider is solid, but nothing special.

Mikeside

It's probably worth bearing in mind that I got it for free and am probably only about half way through, but I wouldn't have felt ripped off buying at £30 - it's nothing amazing, but it's a solid game & lots of fun. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be taking the story more seriously than I am, but I'm enjoying it.

Uncharted with tits?

AHHHH!!!!

noffles

Banned
It's probably worth bearing in mind that I got it for free and am probably only about half way through, but I wouldn't have felt ripped off buying at £30 - it's nothing amazing, but it's a solid game & lots of fun. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be taking the story more seriously than I am, but I'm enjoying it.

Well, do you want to protect her?

8bit

Knows the Score
Bit disappointed by the actual Tombs as they only seem to have 1 or 2 actual platforming puzzles but it's good fun. There are definitely a few "hey I did this already in Uncharted" moments but the bow is a neat weapon.

SKINNER!

Banned
wait, there's hesitation over whether Bioshock Infinite will end up being good or not? Shit, I got it preordered too. Best keep my eye on it.

noffles

Banned
I thought the members of BritGAF were better than doing the dumb hivemind thing.

Sorry, but it really is a bit true in this case. People are ignoring that the previews are showing absolutely no concern and are really just shouting, "rocky development", over and over.

Well, some of the previews are concerning. Mostly because they're poorly edited and lack context, but it's not hard to see why someone may have seen, say, the VGA footage and thought "ooh err, looks a bit rough".

I'm in the optimistic camp, but I'm not gonna pretend the other camp is completely wrong to be that way. Not everyone is Derrick.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
What's the legal difference between a bedroom and a boxroom.

Commercially, it depends whether you are buying or selling.

For council tax valuation they mostly look at the outside and guess, but if they come in to inspect I suggest you take the bed out and put a box in.

For the purposes of the "bedroom tax" (can't remember the proper name for it) so far as I'm aware it is down to individual councils and more-or-less totally unpredictable.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
About to check out the new hitman game, Can't wait to shoot someone in the knee and run away.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I thought the members of BritGAF were better than doing the dumb hivemind thing.

I wasn't being hivemind - I don't even go over to gaming at all so I don't know what people are saying about it. In fact that's what has me a little concerned as I've not heard much hype for it on podcasts (my sole gaming news outlet now). So i was more fishing for opinions that parroting hivemind.

edit: I think my concern comes from early hype talking about a massive open scale to things, with all those tracks and everything and from Bio1 that doesn't seem to be Irrational's strongsuit. Will be way more than happy to be proved wrong. I don't think I've ever known so little about a big game. I need a demo. Bio1 sold me on the demo.

Mikeside

I wasn't being hivemind - I don't even go over to gaming at all so I don't know what people are saying about it. In fact that's what has me a little concerned as I've not heard much hype for it on podcasts (my sole gaming news outlet now). So i was more fishing for opinions that parroting hivemind.

edit: I think my concern comes from early hype talking about a massive open scale to things, with all those tracks and everything and from Bio1 that doesn't seem to be Irrational's strongsuit. Will be way more than happy to be proved wrong. I don't think I've ever known so little about a big game. I need a demo. Bio1 sold me on the demo.

I think it's going to be a lot more linear than originally planned, but I bet it'll be an incredibly fun ride.

We shall see. I'm optimistic.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
BGBW - remember to actually post the next thread in the Off Topic this time. If memory serves you're allowed a week or two out of the ghetto to help recruit new members.
Well if you say so. The other community thread I post in always posted the new threads in Community which is why I did what I did.

Wait hang on, it already been decided I'm making the next one? Doesn't anyone else want the opportunity?

wasn't talking about you bro

Suairyu

Banned
Wait hang on, it already been decided I'm making the next one? Doesn't anyone else want the opportunity?
Well I wanted to do it last time but I just don't think I have the time or motivation right now. My spare thread planning time is going into my Ghost in the Shell thread.

I don't know who else here knows Photoshop that well.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Well if you say so. The other community thread I post in always posted the new threads in Community which is why I did what I did.

I want to, but i cant be bothered...I'll do the next one...if im not banned ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom