• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Boring in here you say? OK, let's get some controversial opinions on the go:

(omg this is hard)

The One show is excellent dinner time telly
Cheryl is now the least attractive member of Girls Aloud
Charlie Brooker is funny, but he needs an anti-Brooker to take him down a peg.
Michael Mackintyre is the Daily Mail of stand up comedy
I didn't buy a poppy this year, not because I have anything against the fallen, but simply because I rarely go into shops. I also shamefully think that I may have been engaged in intimate relations during the 2 minute silence without realising it (was still in bed). Dirty talk is the worst reason to break a remembrance silence.

erm, those aren't that controversial at all... so, how bout them ethnic minorities, eh? Eh? Where I come from, Nepalese people are referred to by racists as 'Lumleys'. That's pretty fucked up, right?

Oh god I'm sorry...

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.

(omg this is hard)

erm, those aren't very controversial at all... so, how bout them ethnic minorities, eh? Eh? Where I come from, Nepalese people are referred to by racists as 'Lumleys'. That's pretty fucked up, right?

Oh god I'm sorry...

Brooker is overrated and getting too full of himself so I agree with the end of that sentence. I do like the wipes, Touch of Cloth was awesome but I got bored of his whole shtick.
WHAT DO YOU ACTUALLY LIKE?

I like Michael Mackintyre, not exactly one of my favourite comedians but he's fun.

SmokyDave

(omg this is hard)

I didn't buy a poppy this year, not because I have anything against the fallen, but simply because I rarely go into shops. I also shamefully think that I may have been engaged in intimate relations during the 2 minute silence without realising it (was still in bed). Dirty talk is the worst reason to break a remembrance silence.

erm, those aren't that controversial at all... so, how bout them ethnic minorities, eh? Eh? Where I come from, Nepalese people are referred to by racists as 'Lumleys'. That's pretty fucked up, right?

Oh god I'm sorry...

Never seen The One Show. Factually incorrect whilst Nichola draws breath. Agreed, and they should co-host a show. Lies, damned lies & slander. Same, I just didn't go near any poppy-sellers. I missed the remembrance silence whilst trying to drag my hungover body out of bed. Yes, yes it is.

Grrr, them ethnic minorities, eh?!

Surely someone like Jim Davidson is the Daily Mail of standup comedy.

Roy Chubby Brown (although he seems like a lovely bloke).

Jethro is The Daily Star but without the tits.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I actually went to a remembrance ceremony this year but I too didn't get round to buying a poppy. Luckily I found last year's so I wasn't poppyless, or did I just admit to something that makes me worse than Jimmy?

I didn't buy a poppy this year, because I chose not to. I don't need to buy in to a marketing tool just to prove to random strangers on the street that I'm a caring person. I have the utmost respect for all the people who have fought for this country and I will remember and honour them in my own way thank you very much.

Oh, and I love The One Show, perfect viewing pre-Eastenders.

Lirlond

There's far too much pageantry involved in the remembrance weekend. It's supposed to be a sombre remembrance, not an excuse for B celebs to parade themselves around in gaudy poppy jewellery.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
I always wear a poppy, and usually buy three for when the other ones get crushed. My great-uncle Frederick was killed on the Somme and is buried in Amiens; his younger brother was my grandfather, lived to 96 and missed his brother all that time.

So yeah, poppy. Not to prove I'm caring or anything (I am a grumpy old so-and-so) but for Frederick.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Surely someone like Jim Davidson is the Daily Mail of standup comedy.

No Jim Davidson is more like the Daily Sport. MackIntyre is the bland, lowest common denominator middleclass pile of bleurgh that would appeal to Mail readers. He's not as hateful and gin fuelled as most of their readership but he is a comic for people without a sense of humour.

Bazza

I missed the remembrance silence whilst trying to drag my hungover body out of bed.

So technically you may have observed it, i know i was plenty quiet had a heavy Friday and Saturday, didn't wake up till 3.45pm Sunday just in time for the football.

yea the filming is only about 50 miles from me I was planning on heading there and kidnapping Natalie Portman, lets formulate a plan, same destination similar goals.

It's just 8 miles from where I'm sat right now. But alas I am stuck in work and cannot leave yet. Might head over there after work....

What, now? Let me guess - post-Olympics Greenwich Park is doubling as a war zone.

From the footage I've seen it looks like they're in the university.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Ahhh, love getting coursework submitted
IgoBs.png

May not be pretty but it's there. The next half of the assignment is to make it 3D and add a whole load of extra features.

Mikeside

Ahhh, love getting coursework submitted

May not be pretty but it's there. The next half of the assignment is to make it 3D and add a whole load of extra features.

Looks like a cross between Breakout and Space Invaders.

That's definitely what you should do with it.
Space invaders, but the ball comes back and you have to hit it back up to them like in Breakout.

I just invented SpaceBreakoutVaders. I'm not good at naming things.

In other news, I've got Black Ops 2 on Steam and I'm actually *GASP* really enjoying the multiplayer. Haven't been a fan of the series since Call of Duty 2 (which was awesome) so this is my first time really enjoying it since it became popular. Anyone else playing on PC?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Now I'm tempted to brush up on my Java by making my own crappy Space Invaders game (not saying yours in crappy btw).

Since we were more interested in software development than games the only game we made was a text based adventure game.

FYI: Google Music is now live in the UK. Probably the only thing of interest is the whole "upload 20,000 songs to the Cloud for free, stream to any Android device" thing, but it's cool.

Lirlond

Haven't really lost weight in ages. Need to up my exercising. I don't think I can cut anything else from my diet without going mad.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I'm all over kendirck lamar like a rash, Fucking driving.. I blame it. Once a CD is in my FUCKING DECK YOU CUNT its on till the end.

LIFE > DEATH

MKAT > E
Benzo fury >E
MKAT > COKE
MDAI >COKE
E >BOOZE
Booze all >
Coke > COFFEE

BATH SALTS = PRETTY OK MAN, MAY NEED TO TRY AGAIN.

I may drive into a fucking headshop and grab a few since i'm off for 3 fucking days. for the fucking win.

Its been months since i last last dropped a drug, i have a small window before i go back to work. Gotta put this to use folks, Its time i used once more. Could be a while before my next chance.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I have to add my credit card details for free muisc storage?

Good thing my replacement just arrived. Now I have to make up my mind between Visa and American Express since they sent one of each.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Haven't really lost weight in ages. Need to up my exercising. I don't think I can cut anything else from my diet without going mad.

I've lost 20KG (3.2 stone) since leaving my job in April. The first 4KG was from full-time muay thai training, the rest has come primarily from not eating as much. With not being able to effectively exercise due to taking warfarin, caloric restriction is my only option.

I expect to lose another 6-7KG (1 stone) by the end of the year. Then I'll see about coming off the warfarin so I can exercise again for a more healthier weight management.

That said I was clinically obese at the beginning of the year (around 130KG / 20+ stone.) Working a desk job 10 hours a day does absolute wonders for the human body.

Lirlond

I've lost 20KG (3.2 stone) since leaving my job in April. The first 4KG was from full-time muay thai training, the rest has come primarily from not eating as much. With not being able to effectively exercise due to taking warfarin, caloric restriction is my only option.

I expect to lose another 6-7KG (1 stone) by the end of the year. Then I'll see about coming off the warfarin so I can exercise again for a more healthier weight management.

That said I was clinically obese at the beginning of the year (around 130KG / 20+ stone.) Working a desk job 10 hours a day does absolute wonders for the human body.

I used to weight 120kg, dropped to 87kg so far, but I've hovered about this weight for weeks now. Probably need to do more cardio.

I've lost nearly 1 1/2 stone, aiming to lose 2 in total so nearly there. This is the hardest part though. The first stone practically fell off.

Mikeside

FYI: Google Music is now live in the UK. Probably the only thing of interest is the whole "upload 20,000 songs to the Cloud for free, stream to any Android device" thing, but it's cool.

Google Music is great, but I actually prefer Android's streaming service which offers (I think) less tracks for free, but any mp3s you buy from Amazon are included and don't count towards your storage limit.

I tried Google Music, liked it, but now I use the paid subscription to Amazon as I find the Amazon app better to use on my phone/tablet and on my PC/laptop

SKINNER!

Banned
I'm totes looking forward to the meet up, it's gonna be mega!

squeee! you guys still heading to brewdog? such an awesome place. Haven't been to the one in Glasgow in aaaaaages. Really need to get a GAF game of monopoly going in there someday.

Sarah Harding from GA was 2 year below me at High School...

See, she was my favourite GA back in the day. She looks as rough as Cheryl now :/

I used to weight 120kg, dropped to 87kg so far, but I've hovered about this weight for weeks now. Probably need to do more cardio.

Was exactly the same weight range. 125KG back in 2007 and I'm now at 88KG after I started walking more and hitting the gym back in 2009. Wish I did it fucking sooner. The odd stretch marks act as battlescars to remind me of my foolish over-eating/lack of exercise past.

Thinking about heading to St. Andrews tomorrow for a bit of nostalgia sightseeing and coffee consumption. Does St.Andrews-GAF exist out there?

Lirlond

Not monopoly. You don't play monopoly with your friends. The game is solely designed to ostracise you from everyone you play with.

What exercise are you looking at? I gym it up fine, but I suppose if you're looking at team sports it might be an issue! Speaking of which, just got back from the gym, bloody knackered!

Job interview tomorrow... Hope it goes well.

Good luck man, the best part of interviews is the excuse to suit up. And sometimes you get a free meal out of them!

Darren870

Hmm, I am about 80kg right now. Got food poisoning a few weeks ago and wound up going down to like 74 kg. Completely knocked me out and screwed up my training.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom