• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Hell yes, agreed on all counts. No one lasts forever though and I think he dipped out at the right time. I'm sure we'll get small amounts of stuff here and there but I prefer him to fade out on a good note than sellout....why

Female.

SKINNER!

Banned
zomg! first day back at work and the emails are through the fucking roof! I know I can just leave it all for Monday but - somehow - I feel that it's probably for the best to get it all out of the way now. Managers are usually more alert/pissed off on Mondays than Fridays. Lindsay Bluth was right after all; everybody coasts on Friday. Currently making some Poutine and a bar of Wasabi dark chocolate to keep me company while I tackle dem emails.

Love eminem between 2003-2004 when he knew he was the best. Its a pitty he got addicted to awesome drugs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eklxvr7jFoE

so much fucking swag #shady

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4yYtwspOZ4

Top of the fucking game.

The best time for music

While 50 Cent's debut album "Get Rich or Die Tryin'" was a good album (Patiently Waiting, Many Men, If I Can't, Don't Push Me). Eminem was certainly not at his best during the release of Encore. That album was terrible man...just..terrible!

Mikeside

I'm shamelessly cross-posting this from the Kickstarter thread

I know it isn't gaming related, but a few friends of mine did a great adventure recently(ish) called It's On The Meter, where they took an old black London taxi on a 43,000-mile world tour to raise money for the Red Cross.

They raised about £20k - it was a great success - they were even invited to be a part of the Olympic Closing ceremony!

So now they're trying to Kickstart some cash together for a photobook of the trip, which looks like it's going to be prety great.

Kickstart it here

Again, this isn't gaming related and I'm not sure how you guys feel about me advertising this here, so let me know if I'm out of line and I'll get rid of it!

Also Jedeye, isn't your gig this weekend?!
Am looking forward to it. You need to work on some post-rock covers of Tegan & Sara or Death Cab tracks for me.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I'm shamelessly cross-posting this from the Kickstarter thread

Also Jedeye, isn't your gig this weekend?!
Am looking forward to it. You need to work on some post-rock covers of Tegan & Sara or Death Cab tracks for me.

Yep, Sunday night :) should be good, I know people in all the bands but haven't seen them play before so I'm just looking forward to that. tbh I've been so hyped getting these demo mixes through and listening to them that I haven't even thought about the show! I copied up some more zines for it today though, that's our gimmick.

Just found out that the studio I'm freelancing at at the moment have a few masseuse's come on the final thursday of every month and give their staff a back massage at their desk. This place is great.

That sounds awkward as fuck

That's what I thought too! I said to the other guys "oh, that sounds a bit weird" and they all said that that's exactly what they thought and then they had one. Now they actively look forward to it. I dunno what to expect, but I'll let Gaf know!

Wow, I know no one here cares because you're all guys but fuck, the last Twilight film was fucking fantastic! The changes they made totally improved it for the cinema, some genius scripting there.

Wes

venison crêpe
Stumbled across this again:

mwgws.png

f0rk

Wow, I know no one here cares because you're all guys but fuck, the last Twilight film was fucking fantastic! The changes they made totally improved it for the cinema, some genius scripting there.

Does the werewolf fall in love with the baby at first sight?

SKINNER!

Banned
Starbucks Eggnog Lattes are crack-addictive and sickly. And expensive.

I need another hit.

If that's crack-addictive then I might as well grab a syringe, fill it up with the Peppermint mocha and inject myself with the stuff. Its just so good!!

Edit: Also, while we're on the subject of Twilight, Kirsten Stewart: yay or nay?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
She's a godawful actress and isn't anything special in the looks department. Her best roles are when she plays stoner chicks, kind of like how Keanu Reeves best roles were in Scanner Darkly and Bill & Ted's adventure films. Just seems true to their character like they are just being themselves.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Plan B reminds me of Eminem. :/

http://youtu.be/e6Xe3CMzMIw

lyrics warning

http://youtu.be/eCwoa30iD1s

I'l check them out next time i have my headphones on, Professor green is the British Eminem though..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT6NpbsVR4I

Its sad the radio stations didn't play the plan B rapping version of She said. I heard it for a few weeks then it sort of just cut out the rapping part making the entire track a long chorus.

Speaking of radio, Did it blow anyone else's mind hearing Royce da 59 getting mainstream british radio play when he was on the track lighters ?

If that's crack-addictive then I might as well grab a syringe, fill it up with the Peppermint mocha and inject myself with the stuff. Its just so good!!

Edit: Also, while we're on the subject of Twilight, Kirsten Stewart: yay or nay?

She can't act well (watched Snow White and the Huntsman this week, she was more wooden than an oak tree) but definitely wouldn't throw her out of bed, since I have a thing for paler girls with dark or red hair.

Edit: speaking of Twilight, saw the trailer for the new one and laughed at the big were she leaps at a CGI lion or something. She doesn't even jump, she just takes off.

SKINNER!

Banned
Hendricks :D
George St. Pierre D:

I need a hug...on second thoughts...maybe not...I've seen enough this morning that would last me a lifetime. That's enough MMA posts from me today. I'll shut up now.

Good morning!

decaf

'llo chaps.

Just wondering if I could have some recommendations for regular-ish podcasts as I'm finding myself a bit short lately. I'd prefer them being friendly to British ears. I can't quite describe what I mean... let's just say I have trouble dealing with some American voices/attitudes on podcasts. The only American podcast I listen to is "Stuff You Should Know," so anything like that would be lovely too.

Hopefully you can glean an idea of what I like from this what I currently listen to:

General:
***** Rum Doings
***** Stuff You Should Know
***** Frank Skinner
**** Graham Norton

Tech:
****½ The Digital Human (season just ended)
**** The Guardian Tech Weekly
**½ Click

Games:
***** One Life Left
**** Eurogamer
**** PC Gamer
**** Official Nintendo

Dead/Limbo:
****½ Adam & Joe
**** Rock Paper Shotcast
**½ Dave Gorman

Any recommendations?

Mikeside

'llo chaps.

Just wondering if I could have some recommendations for regular-ish podcasts as I'm finding myself a bit short lately. I'd prefer them being friendly to British ears. I can't quite describe what I mean... let's just say I have trouble dealing with some American voices/attitudes on podcasts. The only American podcast I listen to is "Stuff You Should Know," so anything like that would be lovely too.

Hopefully you can glean an idea of what I like from this what I currently listen to:

General:
***** Rum Doings
***** Frank Skinner
**** Graham Norton

Tech:
**½ Click

Games:
***** One Life Left
**** Eurogamer
**** PC Gamer
**** Official Nintendo

Dead/Limbo:
****½ Adam & Joe
**** Rock Paper Shotcast
**½ Dave Gorman

Any recommendations?

Awesome Games do a great podcast, but it isn't very regular, unfortunately.

'llo chaps.

General:
***** Rum Doings
***** Frank Skinner
**** Graham Norton

Tech:
**½ Click

Games:
***** One Life Left
**** Eurogamer
**** PC Gamer
**** Official Nintendo

Dead/Limbo:
****½ Adam & Joe
**** Rock Paper Shotcast
**½ Dave Gorman

Any recommendations?

The Infinite Monkey Cage. Robin Ince and Prof Brian Cox plus guests. Very funny science.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
'llo chaps.

This is an interesting question. I have a really hard time finding English podcasts myself. A lot of it seems to be very BBC which is nice but not really what I'm after. So instead, I'm going to go against your request, and recommend some great American shows. I don't know what American attitudes you don't like, but these shows are very non-Bro if that helps.

WTF with Marc Maron - neurotic stand-up comic Maron interviews near every comedian ever. A fantastic show that has really changed what I look for in an interview over the years. A wide range of guests with fascinating stories and a nicely intimate feel.

Tell Em Steve Dave - 3 guys from new jersey rip the piss out of each other for an hour. It's bawdy and offensive and the hosts all have very distinct and unusual personalities. It's high points are very high indeed. And it's low points are fascinating by themselves.

Good Job Brain - an offbeat trivia podcast, hosted by some great nerds. It's a touch twee but you learn so many weird littler factoids every episode. A treat.

Savage Lovecast - Dan Savage presents an often jaw-dopping sex advice podcast. Straight and gay talk all mixed up, often hilarious, occasionally very upsetting, always entertaining.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
'llo chaps.

General:
***** Rum Doings
***** Frank Skinner
**** Graham Norton

Tech:
**½ Click

Games:
***** One Life Left
**** Eurogamer
**** PC Gamer
**** Official Nintendo

Dead/Limbo:
****½ Adam & Joe
**** Rock Paper Shotcast
**½ Dave Gorman

Any recommendations?

I know it's not british but have you ever given the BombCast a shot? Basically the only podcast I listen to these days. The guys are real genuine and a lot of fun.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Joe Rogan experience podcast, best ones have Bill Burr and Doug Stanhope on, crazy discussion about all kinds of shit.

The last episode of Joe's podcast was awesome with the robot guy. Funny and mindblowing at the same time. I love Joey Diaz too, that guy cracks me up.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Savage Lovecast - Dan Savage presents an often jaw-dopping sex advice podcast. Straight and gay talk all mixed up, often hilarious, occasionally very upsetting, always entertaining.
I never realised he had a podcast! I read his column every week in a local paper called the Pitch. Very cool guy and yeah the content is usually hilarious and sometimes disturbing but always down to earth and well-thought.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I never realised he had a podcast! I read his column every week in a local paper called the Pitch. Very cool guy and yeah the content is usually hilarious and sometimes disturbing but always down to earth and well-thought.

You might love the podcast then, it's fantastic. Pretty much the same format, but Dan is so good on air that it makes it a lot more engaging.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Oh man I feel like I've been scraped off the pavement this morning! Great gig last night but owww at partying on a school night. Today is about suffering and nothing else.

SmokyDave

Monday Morning :(

Edit: Scratch that, I missed all the Wii-U launch stuff and now catching up is cheering me up a little. What a fucking mess.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Monday Morning :(

Edit: Scratch that, I missed all the Wii-U launch stuff and now catching up is cheering me up a little. What a fucking mess.

This is one of the funniest. Just read the OP summery, the rest of the thread goes a bit bonkers.

Today is going to be a day of balancing battery life of my laptop as I have just realised I forgot my charger. 5hr28minues remain...

EDIT: Remembered to turn off the Wifi and it boosted it to 7hrs. If I keep the tabs to the minimum I should last the day. Shame I can't listen to Google Music now.

SmokyDave

This is one of the funniest. Just read the OP summery, the rest of the thread goes a bit bonkers.
I'm reading through the hardware review thread at the moment but I'll make that one next on the list. As a miserable Nintendo-hating bastard, these threads are putting a spring in my step.

Today is going to be a day of balancing battery life of my laptop as I have just realised I forgot my charger. 5hr28minues remain...

EDIT: Remembered to turn off the Wifi and it boosted it to 7hrs. If I keep the tabs to the minimum I should last the day. Shame I can't listen to Google Music now.
That's a pretty decent battery life. My last (full-size) laptop had an HD-DVD drive and if you used it, the battery life dropped to just over one hour, even from brand new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom