• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
:O

How it is so cheap???

31YTNS500KL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

I like the way you think.

I'm digging this to go with the horn -

31pg7jbgP5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

85p, come on!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0012GMQ12/

WOW

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0007132883/

519J4H6D38L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

A PENNY!

I don't know this woman from Adam, but she is going to get a load of old crap for christmas and she is going to freak the fuck out.

MOAR!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1845334329/

51-2YLvfx3L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click-small,TopRight,12,-30_AA300_SH20_OU02_.jpg

EDIT: tempted to get this. It blows out my whole budget but it's both weird, delicious and mostly useless:

http://www.prezzybox.com/marshmallow-fluff-454g.aspx

28403.jpg

I want this secret santa to be a bit like those terrible prizes you used to get with the Zig n Zag crisps. I won so much string...

SKINNER!

Banned
Just tackled "The Downward Spiral". Great stuff and I keep forgetting that NIN isn't a typical rock band. Their sound changes all the time depending on the song. Really dig that industrial sound.

Also, apologies for bringing football into this thread but I can't let this pass.

152733110.jpg

Snoop Lion wants to invest in Celtic because they beat Barcelona

Inspired by the Celtic Champions League group-stage upset against Barcelona that made Rod Stewart cry, Snoop Dogg (now Snoop Lion) has decided that he wants to invest in the Scottish champions. Even though he didn't really watch the match.

But before you start thinking Snoop is rushing into this decision, know that he was pictured wearing a Celtic shirt in 2005 and he's already asked his friend David Beckham about the club. Beckham confirmed that "team's don't come much bigger," according to Snoop. The rapper-turned-reggae act then added that one of his first orders of business as a member of the Celtic board would be to sign Beckham "for a season," but he knows that will be difficult since the L.A. Galaxy midfielder is happy in Los Angeles with his family.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/snoop-dogg-wants-invest-celtic-because-beat-barcelona-180544033--sow.html

Thoughts Kentpaul?

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Snoop gets a shirt for basically everywhere he goes so him having worn a Celtic shirt at some point is no big shock.

Juicy Bob

Aye up, BritGAF! I know you've all been missing me.
lol

I've been really busy recently, and the reason why is that I've scored an amazing job opportunity which just so happens to involve the very thing which I moved back half way across the word to chase doing. As you can imagine, I'm extremely excited about it, but it also means I have to move down to Cambridge and spend loads of money on somewhere to live and buy a car, so I have a lot going on. It also means I won't be around Nottingham for much longer, so Dave can finally start to relax again as I won't be stalking him in the shadows anymore.

Anyway, that's all I've got to say. Just feeling rather excited about life at the moment, really. Good times.

SmokyDave

lol

I've been really busy recently, and the reason why is that I've scored an amazing job opportunity which just so happens to involve the very thing which I moved back half way across the word to chase doing. As you can imagine, I'm extremely excited about it, but it also means I have to move down to Cambridge and spend loads of money on somewhere to live and buy a car, so I have a lot going on. It also means I won't be around Nottingham for much longer, so Dave can finally start to relax again as I won't be stalking him in the shadows anymore.

Anyway, that's all I've got to say. Just feeling rather excited about life at the moment, really. Good times.
Really glad to hear that JB, sounds rather exciting!

We need to go for a pint before you leave, my shout.

SKINNER!

Banned
The blonde on the far right looks like she wants to spit in my face.

....I'm OK with that.

(From left to right) - Meh, Would, Would, Would (It's Snoop), Would, Meh.
Blonde one just seems too stuck up and boring to me :/

lol

Heeeey JB! Congrats on the new job and stuff. Moving to a new place is always exciting.

BritGAF has the best gift ideas.

agreed. For all your christmas needs, come to Brit-Gaf!

SKINNER!

Banned
Currently at cineworld waiting for Lawrence of Arabia to start. Never seen it before. Thought I'd check it out on the big screen.

It's making the saturn look beautifully designed.

It's gunna be like the Wii- hope a family member gets one, wait until they get bored with it and then acquire it to play the handful of games I'm interested in.

Except I don't see this having the mass appeal of the Wii to such an extent. So I doubt that situation will arise again.
Surprised everyone is shocked at the low system specs though, nothing in the past 18 months indicated it was going to set the world on fire in that respect. Seems rushed out though you're right.

At least we got the Miiverse hacking thread, that was bloody gold!

Mikeside

I look forward to Nintendo's next console - where the massive failure of the Wii-U makes them realize they need a beast machine from the get-go

Cindres

The Wii U is the first Nintendo console that I'm skipping.

Same, I had everything (except a virtual boy) and when I started buying my own consoles I had everything from DS to 3DS at launch, including the launch day Wii I saved for quite a while to get.

But the Wii U, man :/

Imagine only having a WiiU for this coming generation. By the time the second wave of Nextbox and PS4 games hit, the WiiU will be given the shoddy port treatment the Wii got this gen.

Nintendo exclusives are great (though they rely on them far too much) but few decent third party alternatives would be awful.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
I miss the GameCube days. What a fantastic machine. That golden time when Capcom were fully behind it, the Wind Waker, Eternal Darkness, Viewtiful Joe...
Great days, Eddie.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
I hope the local banks and McDonalds are fortifying their barricades ready for the destructive hoards of dorks.

I should probably be careful about what I post on the Internet from here on out and not mention my plans to kill world leaders.

BRB some guys in blacksuits at the door

SKINNER!

Banned
Let me know how you like it.

Just got back. Wow! what a visually breathtaking film. Those amazing shots and camera angles of the desert, mountains and sand dunes made me thirsty. Had to get a pricy Magnum ice cream to cool me down at intermission. Top notch acting and incredibly accurate (in terms of written signs, pronunciation of Arabic words, the traditions/customs etc.) compared to today's films that are set in the Middle East. One thing I wanted to point out was that, considering the film is three and a half hours long, I was surprised that it ended so abruptly. I was wanting more at the end of it.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Imagine only having a WiiU for this coming generation. By the time the second wave of Nextbox and PS4 games hit, the WiiU will be given the shoddy port treatment the Wii got this gen.

Nintendo exclusives are great (though they rely on them far too much) but few decent third party alternatives would be awful.

Well, I only had a Wii this gen and that seemed to work out OK.

Thing is, I care not a hoot about shoddy ports of games that I wouldn't play anyway - and since I'm not fond of shooting things and see no point in playing online with strangers that kind of narrows the field. Maybe I'm just old-fashioned.

Give me a Wii U golf game with WSR mechanics and a course builder and I'll be happy for a long time, and also better at golf.

SmokyDave

I've never clicked with Nintendo. I've always had a PC (well, C64, then Amiga, then PC) but as far as consoles go, it was SEGA all the way until the DC died and then I've 'mained' Sony and MS boxes since. I've owned every Nintendo console & handheld (just for completions sake) but with the exception of the SNES, they've all been purchases I later regretted. I liked Nintendo handhelds up until the 3DS but the hardware disparity between that and the Vita frustrates the living shit out of me.

I just don't click with Nintendo. It goes without saying that I'll be skipping the Wii-U.

Ashes

Banned
I've never clicked with Nintendo. I've always had a PC (well, C64, then Amiga, then PC) but as far as consoles go, it was SEGA all the way until the DC died and then I've 'mained' Sony and MS boxes since. I've owned every Nintendo console & handheld (just for completions sake) but with the exception of the SNES, they've all been purchases I later regretted. I liked Nintendo handhelds up until the 3DS but the hardware disparity between that and the Vita frustrates the living shit out of me.

I just don't click with Nintendo. It goes without saying that I'll be skipping the Wii-U.

I haven't decided not to purchase it later down the road. The three hour controller battery life isn't helping matters.

Cindres

I'll be happily steadily upgrading my computer.

That and keeping my PS3 for GTA V and any other console exclusives I might want. Still tempted by Sony All Stars even though I don't like Smash Bros.

SKINNER!

Banned
Since it's coming up to the end of the year and everything loves lists, I was thinking maybe we could come up with a "Best of BritGAF 2012" of all the best UK films, video games, bands, albums of this year etc. Come up with some categories and the nomination lists. Get users to vote and then announce the results sometime before the new year starts?

SteveWD40

I loved my NES, SNES and N64, I loved the build quality of the Gamecube (and design) but the games were meh, since then I haven't really been able to get into Nintendo stuff at all. The DSi was nice, the Wii was fucking awful.

They seem to build em cheap for the mass market and that's not my thing, I am an industrial design whore and apart from the glorious matte black DSi I haven't felt anything but disdain for Nintendo hardware in a long time.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Well, just to be contrary, I've had a Wii since launch and have had nothing but joy from it.

It works, it keeps working, it is cute as a button, fantastic for multiplayer, took 10 strokes off my golf handicap and 1 1/2 stone off my weight, introduced me to friends in USA/Germany/Sweden/South Pacific, reinvigorated my interest in gaming, got me into GAF and had a bunch of damn interesting games of which very few (thankfully) involved blowing the heads off things.

So there!

I'll get a Wii U just as soon as the business cashflow runs to an HD TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom