• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.
PC gaming: Mark of the Ninja, Hotline Miami, Zeno Clash, Resonance, Botanicula, To The Moon, Mutant Mudds and Unmechanical for approximately £16 in total. I'll call that a success, methinks.

Also, 360 gamertag (even though I don't have Halo 4, I do have Forza Horizon & Most Wanted 2012) is Delusibeta64, in case anyone wants to add me.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Next time I drive to my brother's I'm totally going to pop in your shop on the way just to say hi and have a little browse. I also love shiny things :D

Just drop me a line before you come so I can make sure I'm in the shop rather than at home doing the back-office stuff. Be really nice to see you - GAF and shop haven't interacted at all so far.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom — for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.

Ashes

Banned
When scots get their independence, are scots gaf going to create a non-english/welsh thread?

And we finally get a British player winning a grand slam and the Scots are thinking of picking up their ball and going home.

Seanbob11

I'm don't get all this patriotic stuff...Am I the only one? Sure if Scotland v England is playing I'll support my team but that's just friendly rivalry.

Ashes

Banned
I'm don't get all this patriotic stuff...Am I the only one? Sure if Scotland v England is playing I'll support my team but that's just friendly rivalry.

I've never really met anyone who is as patriotic as they are in other countries. A fan of the royals, yes. but the flag... er, it's a far right thing. Which is kind of a shame... and a blessing in disguise.

SKINNER!

Banned
I've never really met anyone who is as patriotic as they are in other countries. A fan of the royals, yes. but the flag... er, it's a far right thing. Which is kind of a shame... and a blessing in disguise.

There were England and Union Jack flags all over England during the Olympics.

Ashes

Banned
There were England and Union Jack flags all over England during the Olympics.

I guess there is that. Though sport tends to bring out support.

The number of flags I've seen in the run up to and after the US election is kind of the benchmark I was thinking of.

It's just not in our dna.

SteveWD40

Just spent the weekend looking after my Nephew, I am ofically the greatest uncle it seems, mainly based on me building a rocket and flying him to the moon (putting him in a box and carrying him, with sound effects, to the spare bedroom)...

Wish I was 2 again, must be nice.

SmokyDave

I just spent a nice weekend with a stomach bug. Got to know my toilet far better than I wanted to. Now it's Monday morning. Rubbish.

Edit: and I missed out on breakfast with Phisheep and a pint with JuicyBob. Lame.

as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom — for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
We don't want you, you rag-tag bunch.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Happy Monday everyone!

Up early this morning, pleasant stroll along the beach to the shop, nice weather and all that. Chillin' out with a few financial spreadsheets before opening up.

Unfortunately lost my scarf. Anyone seen it?

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Coffee, black, one sugar please Jill. Want to throw in some Marmite on toast as well?

EDIT: One of my brothers-in-law is a manic Hull supporter - how they doing at the moment?

SKINNER!

Banned
Happy Monday everyone!

Up early this morning, pleasant stroll along the beach to the shop, nice weather and all that. Chillin' out with a few financial spreadsheets before opening up.

Unfortunately lost my scarf. Anyone seen it?

Good Morning phisheep! It was quite chilly this morning...in fact, it was freezing all weekend. Had a great weekend?

Sipping on my cup of joe and catching up with work emails atm. I have this weird fascination of learning C++ today for some reason.

The number of flags I've seen in the run up to and after the US election is kind of the benchmark I was thinking of.

Oh right! yeah, that is a bit much. It always freaks me out when I'm at Michigan on a normal day (i.e. non-election time and Independance day) and I can count at least 14 US flags (ranging from posters and tiny flags to proper huge flag pole ones) on SUVs, porches, back gardens, windows on my - lonesome - walk to the shops. Last time I was there during election time was 2004 and it was pretty interesting seeing homeowners planting "Kerry/Edwards 04" or "Bush/Cheney 04" signs outside their houses. I see folk here with Labour, SNP, UKIP, Tory stickers on their cars but I don't think I've seen a sign outside a house.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Good Morning phisheep! It was quite chilly this morning...in fact, it was freezing all weekend. Had a great weekend?

Sipping on my cup of joe and catching up with work emails atm. I have this weird fascination of learning C++ today for some reason.

Must be at the wrong end of the country. C++ is ok but don't expect to learn it all in day though. Looks like the floods are headed north. Bright sunshine here!

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
They're doing pretty well, 5th in the league at the moment and they've won six out of the previous eight games. Just lost to Burnley this weekend but they're doing better than usual. Most of the times you're permanently facepalming through every game!

I had Ms Sandwich down for dinner this weekend and made a most impressive glazed ham, with diamond-scored crispy crackling with cloves in and everything!

Morning Jill, shorty, phi, Smoky, and everyone else! No tea or coffee for me, just water thanks, still on the diet (put on a pound last week, whoops!).

Sorry to hear about your crap stomach bug Smoky. You and the missus should pop down to London on Saturday and party with Gaf to make up for it.

Hope you find your scarf phi, enjoy those spreadsheets. I see blue sky here so it's looking up!

So I finally sat down and watched the whole of Batman and Robin yesterday. It was painful from start to finish, can anyone think of a worse film? Because it's top of my list of shitest films ever made so far. Who do I need to contact to get my time back?

SmokyDave

Morning! I have a few scarves, I'll lend you one. Kettle's on, what's everyone having?

Oooh, strong coffee with one sugar please. Preferably Douwe Egberts 'Morning Americano'.

Sorry to hear about your crap stomach bug Smoky. You and the missus should pop down to London on Saturday and party with Gaf to make up for it.
Cheers Lady. It's not been much fun but a Vita is a godsend when you're bog-bound.

On Saturday we have another wedding. That's either 4 or 5 this year. Joy.

Here's my new toy for you & Jill to take a peek at:

image.jpg

A mint condition, 1996 GT RTS-3. My winter restoration project. I'm utterly besotted with her.

Ashes

Banned
So I finally sat down and watched the whole of Batman and Robin yesterday. It was painful from start to finish, can anyone think of a worse film? Because it's top of my list of shitest films ever made so far. Who do I need to contact to get my time back?

There are worse movies.

Blue skies round my parts too.

SmokyDave

There's a cracker! What needs doing to it?

Everything is a bit 'gritty' and 'grimy', although totally solid underneath. I'm planning on stripping it all down and polishing the frame, rocker and swingarm. Hopefully I'll be able to source new bearings / bushings for the back end (although there's no play at the moment!). Then it's a rebuild with some Quadra 21r's to replace the RST 171's (which are utterly shot).

I'm torn between a factory-spec build using NOS parts or re-speccing it as I'd have wanted it in 1996 (expensive, but ultimately far more satisfying).

I had to ride her about 12 miles home on Saturday and compared to my FSR, it was a harrowing experience. That ~500mm wide, flat bar wreaked havoc with my joints. I was still grinning like an idiot though, I've lusted after this exact model for 16 years.

There'll be a build thread on RetroBike once I get a chance to take some more pictures.

Mr. Sam

Look at all the practical people in this thread! Here I am, sitting in someone else's Calvin Klein pants which, frankly, are a touch too large. I'm due to do some note-taking and such later on though, such is the life of a student.

And I don't like hot drinks.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I'm throwing back tea this morning, coursework in for tomorrow and I've been too busy with rehearsals and other theatre society stuff to get it out of the way.

Here's my new toy for you & Jill to take a peek at:

A mint condition, 1996 GT RTS-3. My winter restoration project. I'm utterly besotted with her.

Ooh pretty!

(My condolences to Mrs Smoky, I know what it's like when bikes start taking over the house. I think most we had at one time was 8. Then he sold one, then bought one, then sold another, so we're down to 7 (2 of which are mine). Does Dave do his bike maintenance in the kitchen too?)

Ashes

Banned
Look at all the practical people in this thread! Here I am, sitting in someone else's Calvin Klein pants which, frankly, are a touch too large. I'm due to do some note-taking and such later on though, such is the life of a student.

And I don't like hot drinks.

I want to ask, but then again, I don't.

SmokyDave

Ooh pretty!

(My condolences to Mrs Smoky, I know what it's like when bikes start taking over the house. I think most we had at one time was 8. Then he sold one, then bought one, then sold another, so we're down to 7 (2 of which are mine). Does Dave do his bike maintenance in the kitchen too?)

We have 4 complete bikes and one in pieces in the house. Only two of them are actually in our 'living space' though, my FSR & RTS. I've had to put two bikes in the cellar as a peace-offering :)

At the moment, I'm doing all my bike maintenance in the front room. It was a pristine girly-palace of a room because we don't really use it for anything. Now it's a bike-shop. Big improvement in my eyes.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Am I the only one who think Fairytale of New York is absolute twoddle? Never understood the hype for this song.

Let me just post a sample of the lyrics here:

bloke's part said:
Uh uhuh uhh uh uh uh
Uh uhuh uuuhh hu uh
uhu uuh u huuh uh

Really gets me in the festive mood.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Am I the only one who think Fairytale of New York is absolute twoddle? Never understood the hype for this song.

Yes, I think you may be the only one.

I mean, what do you have here? You got the big octave start, the call/response/ the fantastic harmony in the middle section, the whole theme of the triumph of hope over experience, the crazy accompaniment and all that.

Hell, what do you want - Silent Night?

EDIT: Maybe a slight over-reaction there. Stille Nacht, sung in the trenches, is probably still the best. So BGBW wins maybe.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Day in the life of a bead shop. Two awesome hours this morning (good sales, interesting customers and so on) then six hours of absolutely nothing. Ho-hum.

There are times when you just want to close up the shop - but on the other hand you never know when someone will turn up.

Day in the life of a bead shop. Two awesome hours this morning (good sales, interesting customers and so on) then six hours of absolutely nothing. Ho-hum.

There are times when you just want to close up the shop - but on the other hand you never know when someone will turn up.

Are you open on Sundays?

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Are you open on Sundays?

Yep, we are. Every day (yep, every damn day!) 10-6 until Christmas, After that it is anybody's guess - I suspect we'll be closed Sundays and Mondays from Christmas until Easter - with maybe a small glitch for daughter's wedding sometime in May-ish.

Mikeside

Yep, we are. Every day (yep, every damn day!) 10-6 until Christmas, After that it is anybody's guess - I suspect we'll be closed Sundays and Mondays from Christmas until Easter - with maybe a small glitch for daughter's wedding sometime in May-ish.

Where's your shop again?

SKINNER!

Banned

oh dude! There's nothing more annoying than dashing to a store needing something asap and finding out the shop is shut even though the sign says that it's suppose to be open for another half an hour. I usually never go back/recommend the store when that happens to me.

Xmas songs you say? Who remembers this stinker?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQhuoY5h2kE

BGBW, I wish I could but I can't take your side over Fairytale of New York. It's the only tolerable Xmas song that gets played on the radio.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Where's your shop again?

Weston-super-Mare.

Just off the seafront - head inland from the pier and we are second road on the right (actually the first road is a crappy little road so you might miss it - just take a right at Barclay's bank and we are about 50 yards down).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom