• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveWD40

I like the gaming side, threads on OT just die far too fast, so many interesting ones that fall off the front page and never return. The ones that stick around are usually just two or three people having a circular argument or echo chambers / circle jerks.

Plus there are soooo many "tolerated" trolls, people who almost spam threads to whip up other people (alexandros, korey (not for a while though) etc...

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I've actually found myself going back to the gaming side more these days, OT is getting stale.

Salazar

Isn't Cricket GAF that one Indian and the one Pakistani just arguing all the time.

I think I retreated in scornful disgust a while back at something like

"Tendulkar isn't a great batsman: he's mechanically immaculate, but there needs to be something more"

This last month has seen me do more gaming than the last few years combined (Dishonored, XCOM and Hitman) so the gaming side holds some appeal, but the whole WiiU obsession is annoying so OT still prevails.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
This last month has seen me do more gaming than the last few years combined (Dishonored, XCOM and Hitman) so the gaming side holds some appeal, but the whole WiiU obsession is annoying so OT still prevails.
The overenthusiastic fervor to really promote it as the second coming kind of only further reinforces the apparent desperation of the whole thing IMO.

Mr. Sam

Oh, and if anybody wants to support British cinema - I seem to recall Chinner shoving people against lockers and growling at them about it a few pages ago - then Ben Wheatley's Sightseers is out a week today. I've seen it, courtesy of Slackers Club, and it's very, very funny.

oneUA.jpg

SteveWD40

I saw Sighteers at Cornerhouse a few weeks ago, along with a Q&A from the Director and Star, I will add that it is indeed amazing and has one of the better endings I have seen since Dead Mans Shoes.

Yeah when they are doing well. Typical Aussies. Well if you want to gloat in the fact my man Monty P is the best English spinner, carry on.

Definitely. Monty is the only England spinner who would get into the Indian national team. Andy Flower needs to get his head sorted out and forget what the machines are saying about Swann being better. Monty has come back into the side after a long break and has completely outshone Swann. England will still lose this test and the series, but I really hope it paves the way for Monty to become the preferred spin bowler ahead of Swann.

It's funny to see the Nintendo fans spinning so hard in deep denial that Nintendo lied to them yet again.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The subscription page is basically the page I refresh. Now that a new console generation has started gaming side should be more interesting again. I only venture in OT when there's literally no other threads that take my fancy.

SKINNER!

Banned
The subscription page is basically the page I refresh. Now that a new console generation has started gaming side should be more interesting again. I only venture in OT when there's literally no other threads that take my fancy.

same here. I log onto gaf, check my subscriptions and hit refresh every now and then. Only if it's really really quiet in my subs that I head outside to the Off-Topic section to look for new topics. I only post in the gaming side when it's E3 or a big announcement is made. Love the work they put into some of those Official Threads though. I don't google game info anymore. Just head to Game X's OT thread instead.

EDIT: What's everyone's weekend plans then? Heading to go see Argo this evening. Might head to the Farmer's market tomorrow morning and then head out in the evening. Try to beat Resident Evil 6 on Sunday.

Tomorrow I'm hopefully popping out to my mate's bike shop to pick up a Go Pro Hero3 Black edition, using his staff discount to get it at trade. Cooking a masterful chilli for dinner, then heading out to a comic book launch party.

Sunday if it's not raining we're going to Winter Wonderland. If the weather is horrible it'll be the cinema.

Bazza

Nothing tonight, though i got paid today and haven't had a drink in a fortnight so i may get shitfaced and a little stoned at home and play games. Tomorrow night im out for a friends birthday so Sunday is gonna suck.

Cindres

I've found this also, due to finally starting the game development side of my course, getting my new PC in September and a PS3 in summer.

Looking at my post history I've been in Football-GAF more than I realised lately also.

Mr. Sam

Heading to go see Argo this evening.

You'll love it. Ben Affleck's such a good director that he can even have Ben Affleck star in his film and it'll still turn out great.

My weekend will consist of football, sitting around and probably some sleep. That's what I have planned anyway.

You'll love it. Ben Affleck's such a good director that he can even have Ben Affleck star in his film and it'll still turn out great.

My weekend will consist of football, sitting around and probably some sleep. That's what I have planned anyway.

This is awesome and will have to be yoinked.

*yoink*

Cindres

Oo yes weekend plans.

Second of the theatre society's plays is on atm so we're off to see The Importance Of Being Earnest tonight. Our play is 2 weeks today, sheeit.

Tomorrow and Sunday we have a couple of big long rehearsal slots but I'm taking my laptop to watch the football, at least on Sunday.

3Sixty

Ah yes it is the weekend.

My plans are work tonight, then tomorrow is my mates Birthday, i'm going to smoke about £60's worth of cigars, drink a bottle of Jack Daniels Honey and play about 9 hours of Risk.

Mikeside

Ah yes it is the weekend.

My plans are work tonight, then tomorrow is my mates Birthday, i'm going to smoke about £60's worth of cigars, drink a bottle of Jack Daniels Honey and play about 9 hours of Risk.

Swap the cigars for spliffs and the Jack Daniels for a proper whiskey and that's a perfect evening.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Chilling in Inverness. The highlands is a good drive. Not many bars here in Inverness though. Gotta find a decent place to chill..

Glebcoe ftw. Most breathtaking place on the planet for sure.

Ashes

Banned
Chilling in Inverness. The highlands is a good drive. Not many bars here in Inverness though. Gotta find a decent place to chill..

Glebcoe ftw. Most breathtaking place on the planet for sure.

I've heard this too. Need to go for a drive there in the summer I think.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I get paid on the 30th - I think it's out that day, so anytime from then?

EDIT: Or we could go and see it before the meetup on the 1st?

What about the following week? I'm not sure what time I'm going on saturday, I think I might have to do some mum-obligated decorating, she's been hinting at me that she's gonna steal a saturday :p

Anyway, the reason I came to this thread: the Parachute For Gordo mini-album is done and OUT:

848735993-1.jpg

http://parachuteforgordo.bandcamp.com/

It was recorded live in a couple of hours and so isn't perfect but it is US, and I'm happy with it. It's pay whatever you want, so if you like it you can have it for free, and if you really like it then you can kick us a couple of quid. Half an hour, punk rock post rock, good times.

Very excited/nervous to be having this out in the wild!

f0rk

anyone got any recommendations for a good phone for around 80 quid?

It looks like you can get really cheap android phones for that but there's a good chance their performance is awful and you'd be better of with a £10 Nokia that has buttons and everything.

Possibly dumb suggestion, but how about something from CEX maybe? I don't know what prices are like, but I'm wondering if older Android phones that used to cost more and are now down in price due to age are better to get than the ones that are made to be shitty and cheap?

Edit: HTC Wildfire S can be got about £80 new in some places and IIRC that's not a bad phone. GF had the Wildfire normal for the last two years.

Mikeside

What about the following week? I'm not sure what time I'm going on saturday, I think I might have to do some mum-obligated decorating, she's been hinting at me that she's gonna steal a saturday :p

Anyway, the reason I came to this thread: the Parachute For Gordo mini-album is done and OUT:

848735993-1.jpg

It was recorded live in a couple of hours and so isn't perfect but it is US, and I'm happy with it. It's pay whatever you want, so if you like it you can have it for free, and if you really like it then you can kick us a couple of quid. Half an hour, punk rock post rock, good times.

The next week/weekend sounds good to me.
Shall steal the album for now and buy on payday!

SKINNER!

Banned
848735993-1.jpg

I know my posts are usually euphorically positive in BritGAF but I am not over-exaggerating when I say that this sounds incredible. Not completely finished hearing the album (EP?) completely but I'm 3 minutes into "When I Was A Teenage Manta Ray" and I find it quite atmospheric.

Also, Argo yesterday was so good! That Affleck does know how to make a good Ben Affleck film. Who knew?! Also, it wasn't nauseatingly over-patriotic as I expected it to be. Some folk told me it was...wat?! Also, hasn't put me off sight-seeing Iran someday.

Cindres

Going to watch The Importance Of Being Earnest last night turned into YEAH LET'S GET SOME TREBLES IN.

One of my housemates put the chain on the door so instead of ringing the doorbell or calling one of them I kicked the door in, the frame's a bit of a mess, gonna have to sort that one out, FUCK.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I know my posts are usually euphorically positive in BritGAF but I am not over-exaggerating when I say that this sounds incredible. Not completely finished hearing the album (EP?) completely but I'm 3 minutes into "When I Was A Teenage Manta Ray" and I find it quite atmospheric.

Also, Argo yesterday was so good! That Affleck does know how to make a good Ben Affleck film. Who knew?! Also, it wasn't nauseatingly over-patriotic as I expected it to be. Some folk told me it was...wat?! Also, hasn't put me off sight-seeing Iran someday.

Thanks man :D Manta Ray is probably our signature tune, it's got all of our flavours mixed equally into it. I also really like Hog in the Trough, it's so fun to play.

CoDBlops2 is awesome! A beautiful looking game. But it's actually quite painful watching the boyfriend play without screaming at him what to do. Might have to go do some housework and give it a go myself later.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The Orange San Francisco is a pretty good Android phone for cheap so I assume the second model is just as good. It's easy to unlock and there's a lot of support of custom ROMs for it online.

Oh and going to finally see Skyfall today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom