• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeside

ooooh is FC3 out? I just got paid and I think I deserve a treat.

Far Cry 3 is out and it's motherflippin' brilliant.

It's like Skyrim: The FPS (with leopards, tigers, crazy emu things, bears, comodo dragons and sharks!!!)

I've had so much fun playing with all the stuff available - there are fun(ish) mini games, shoot all the motherfuckers challenges (like the Genki missions in SR3), loads of side missions and the main story seems pretty expansive and fun.

The protagonist and all of his friends are dudebro douchebags, but I've made that a positive by imagining (and sometimes voicing) "bro" or "dude" after everything he says.

So much fun luring packs of dingos into a camp of pirates to kill them, only to have the dingos turn on you after, prompting a fast getaway on a quadbike because I had absolutely no ammo left :D :D :D

Some of 'em, but I haven't bothered checking which. You might be on to something there though!

I know it's odd but I don't really count iOS gaming when I'm thinking about buying games. I just take it for granted that I'll buy whatever I fancy because they're so cheap. Recently, that'd be Jet Set Radio, The Walking Dead, SF Vs. Tekken and Magic Orbz. I'm planning on starting The Walking Dead tonight.

I'm still playing a LOT of iOS ;)

You're in for an absolute treat. Oh god I love that game so much.

SKINNER!

Banned
Oi oi Conan-san! TartanGAF slowly growing. Knew it was St.Andrews day but it isn't a big deal here. Weird how St.Patricks day gets more anticipation.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Some of 'em, but I haven't bothered checking which. You might be on to something there though!

I know it's odd but I don't really count iOS gaming when I'm thinking about buying games. I just take it for granted that I'll buy whatever I fancy because they're so cheap. Recently, that'd be Jet Set Radio, The Walking Dead, SF Vs. Tekken and Magic Orbz. I'm planning on starting The Walking Dead tonight.
Is JSR worth it? Money isn't my hold up, I just dunno if I can justify questionable controls or the memory requirement just because I love the music and artwork.

Oi oi Conan-san! TartanGAF slowly growing. Knew it was St.Andrews day but it isn't a big deal here. Weird how St.Patricks day gets more anticipation.

Even St David's day is widely recognised and celebrated in Wales. For a country that wants independence, you sure don't show much patriotism.

Spookie

It's like Skyrim: The FPS (with leopards, tigers, crazy emu things, bears, comodo dragons and sharks!!!

Buy Skyrim's core combat was dogshit, this is fun. :(

It's Far Cry 2 with decent gameplay and copious amounts of class A drugs.

I've got The Walking Dead on my iPad, it's really rather good. Puzzles are a bit simple, but I'm enjoying the tale.

Chapter 2 onwards really picks up. It's possibly my GoTY.

SmokyDave

Is JSR worth it? Money isn't my hold up, I just dunno if I can justify questionable controls or the memory requirement just because I love the music and artwork.
Nope. iOS evangelist that I am, even I'd term this one 'unplayable'. Save yourself the exquisite frustration.

You're in for an absolute treat. Oh god I love that game so much.
So I've heard!

All the GoTY calls got to me and I have to play it.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Drinking with old friends, old times a speak. Good times are had taking about the old times.

Mikeside

Shitting crikey I've not been in the Brit-GAF thread for a long while.

How are all you fine gents and gentesses doing this eve?

How's the duck?

Celebrity has gone to his head. Chinner used to be cool, but I'm in Team Kentpaul now.

Chinner,
you can buy back my affections. PM me for an invoice

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Saw this over at Digital Spy;

The Muppet Christmas Carol @ 12:10pm on Channel 4 on Christmas Eve.

Fuck. Yes.

SKINNER!

Banned
So two employees at my office xmas night out got into a serious argument and the boss is all pissed off. One of them went up to the boss and said " I'm going to sort him out outside but not physically!". I'm at the bar making convo with the bar tender trying to stay out of it. Shit just got real ppl. Will post when I've sobered up. I hope I don't remember this on Monday morning. Fuck office politics... seriously.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
9am on a fucking Saturday, ergh. Why the Directors insisted on a 10am start today I do not know.

On the plus side, HUDDERSFIELD V LEEDS TODAY, COME ON UDDERS
HUUUUUUUUUUUDERSFIEEEEEEELD
HUUUUUUUUUUUDERSFIEEEEEEELD

Mr. Sam

Chahltahn (i.e. Charlton) are away at Millwall today. I elected not to go because a) nobody wanted to come with me and b) it's fucking cold out.

Conan-san

You're a mad cunt, though I'd love to see a tv show where someone does that.
What Can I say, my late night stewards were Jackass and Balls of Steal.

Independent Scotland is just a buzz word the snp use to stay in power. It wont go through
Really, it can't be any worse than when the con have been doing (I would have gone off being a Liberal but fortuneatly our local MP, Jo Swinson actualy gives half way to a fuck.

I'm just about convinced that the "For" campaign is going to consist of a picture of Cameron's face and the words "Think about it." under it.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
I made curried parsnip soup!

B3B2A3E4-A13C-4A2F-945E-38218E823E96-294-000000145C32BCF0.jpg

Everyone should have a go at making soup, it's simple and tasty!

Kentpaul

Just seen End of watch. Best film of the last decade for sure.

Check this paintjob i picked up for cheap for my FAIRLADY

image.jpg

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Butternut Squash is really underrated. I like it in a risotto with sage and a smidgeon of cream cheese. Lovely.

Also, Nottingham is amazing - I have two cinemas that are easily accessible where I can watch the Hobbit in 48fps. Cannot wait.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
My butternut squash soup from the soup thread:

Cut a butternut squash in two and place on a baking tray with some potatoes and drizzle with olive oil. Bake until everything is soft and tender
Sautee an onion and a clove of garlic (the bacon here was just spare) in a knob of butter until just caramelising. Add the squash pulp and potatoes with some chicken or vegetable stock (I'd say there's two cups in that pic but I just eyeball it depending on how thick I want the soup) and bring it to a boil.
Take off the heat and blend it to oblivion. I added some cream cheese here and black pepper!

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Holy shite google music on my phone used 1.19gb of data in November and I only started using it in the final week.

Thank fuck for unlimited data.

Kentpaul

TE=RibbedHero;43300508]Hate to break it to you mate....

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/007-legends

Not looking good. When IGN gives you a 4.5 you know its a shitty game.[/QUOTE]

Lolol game scores.. They mean nothing to me mate I'm loving a game called alpha protocol and that game got horrible reviews. To me it seems big budget games get all the high reviews and smaller budget games get shit reviews. The entire gaming review scene is a big scam with websites bending over for big Dev teams/publishers. I have no time for that shit. I will buy a game that tickles my pickle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom