• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
CHEEZMO™;44987925 said:
BLOPS 2 is mint.

It would be nice if it would stop putting me into games that are about 10 seconds from ending and fucking up a win streak.

3Sixty

Snowing in Glasgow atm. Late night food shopping post-poned...maybe.

Really hope it doesn't snow down here.

Wrong time of year to be on 2 wheels instead of 4.

Meet up looked cool btw. I'll be down for one next year when i get some holiday allowance back :(

Ashes

Banned
From the cost of insurance in America thread:

db23_fig1.png

And we're just behind Poland, and North Ireland and Cuba and Hungary and well almost the rest of the first world. All of whom pay much less in healthcare.

England and Wales has a different stat to Scotland....

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Probably not obscure but Green Wing was hilarious.

Also one of my favourite comedy programmes is Early Doors. Fuckin amazing. Again maybe not obscure but almost everyone I know has no idea it exists so meh.

Mikeside

CHEEZMO™;44995899 said:
Probably not obscure but Green Wing was hilarious.

Also one of my favourite comedy programmes is Early Doors. Fuckin amazing. Again maybe not obscure but amlost everyone I know has no idea it exists so meh.

Loved Green Wing too, but I've never heard of Early Doors- I'll give that a go, thanks :)

Just watched the first episode of Bored to Death which seems pretty good so far.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Snowed in Newcastle at around 12/1ish. Must've warmed up overnight because it's almost entirly gone already. Was quite thick too.
However I'm not complaining, gotta stand outside our Union for 2 hours today selling tickets for our play.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Apparently work has had the idea that we make our own crackers so now I have to think of something to put it in mine up to the value of £3. Would a Lego Minifigure be acceptable?

Uh. My mouth is really numb from my dentist trip.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
I made crackers one year I hosted Christmas dinner, surprises included:
1 Hamlet cigar and match
A jar of Shippams Bloater Paste
A toilet freshening block
Condoms
Packets of Resolve
Neatly folded jazz mag pages

I'm sure you can think of better things. The cigar went down well though!

SmokyDave

Fellow countrymen and women, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for helping the Wii-U bomb. Never have so few bought so little for so much.

Jill Sandwich

Not surprised about Sony Smash Brothers debuting at #38 either, such a massive waste of everyone's time. Nobody wanted this except Sony.

Not surprised about Sony Smash Brothers debuting at #38 either, such a massive waste of everyone's time. Nobody wanted this except Sony.

I also get to gloat at the Americans who were making excuses since it's missed the chart wholesale this week.

How badly did it flop? Is there a thread where people are moaning?

In the UK charts, the highest WiiU game is Nintendoland, coming in at #11, behind Need for Speed Most Wanted and Halo 4. The biggest selling game that wasn't bundled in 90% of the consoles is New Super Mario Bros U, coming in at #14 behind Dishonored and Football Manager. That's right, the new Mario game sold worse than Football Manager in its first week. If that isn't a bloody nose, I don't know what is.

MCV, which in my opinion is about as reliable as Chartzzzzzz but I seem to be the only one to think this way, says the Wii U completely sold out of the UK high street, and I've had some GAME staffers say they weren't going to push pre-orders since almost all of their stock have been pre-ordered. So how much does MCV say is enough to completely sell out the UK high street?

40 thousand.

If that doesn't say "the video games market in the UK is dying", then I don't know what does.

Jill Sandwich

I think the UK gaming market has moved onto the Play and App stores. Most of my work colleagues are after tablets this year, 60/40 Nexus7/iPad, my friends have also gone Android/iOS this year too after their Blackberrys went out of contract. Anecdotal I know but the tablet is getting traction.

I think the UK gaming market has moved onto the Play and App stores. Most of my work colleagues are after tablets this year, 60/40 Nexus7/iPad.

Pretty much. And where the UK market goes, the US market tends to follow. Looks like Gree was right, mobile gaming might just be the future.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Fellow countrymen and women, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for helping the Wii-U bomb. Never have so few bought so little for so much.

Only reason I haven't bought one yet is precarious winter cashflow, owing to most of Somerset being flooded.

If Musha spends enough when she visits the shop I'll be in like a shot!

f0rk

I think the UK gaming market has moved onto the Play and App stores. Most of my work colleagues are after tablets this year, 60/40 Nexus7/iPad, my friends have also gone Android/iOS this year too after their Blackberrys went out of contract. Anecdotal I know but the tablet is getting traction.

I think the people who would actually buy game consoles (even for just FIFA) want a bigger jump than a gimmicky controller and the same graphical power they've had for years. The next Xbox and Playstation should do fine I think.

I think the people who would actually buy game consoles (even for just FIFA) want a bigger jump than a gimmicky controller and the same graphical power they've had for years. The next Xbox and Playstation should do fine I think.

Well, if the Xbox 3 and PlayStation 4 both flop, then we can conclude that the video game market in the UK is dead and it's time to execute the emergency plans. But seriously, it's looking like the Wii U will be the third console flop in a row, it's not looking good.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
The trouble is the WiiU just isn't a next gen system. It's current gen, about 5 years too late. The hardcore aren't bothering since it's no great leap from the PS360 and for casuals it always takes a time for critical mass to occur (what I like to call the Richard and Judy effect).

Of course the other issue is that the pad looks cheap and weird. An unscientific poll of my mates when an advert came on the other days shows confusion and apathy.

SmokyDave

Only reason I haven't bought one yet is precarious winter cashflow, owing to most of Somerset being flooded.

If Musha spends enough when she visits the shop I'll be in like a shot!

You and BGBW are allowed to get involved. Buy more than one each and I'll reconsider that position however.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
While we're on beads - however briefly ...

If any BritGaffers wish to contribute to both Musha's love of sparkly things and my desire for a WiiU, drop me a PM stating amount you want to contribute and email address so I can invoice you over Paypal for the gift vouchers.

Hey - don't ask, don't get!

Musha, you might or might not have a pleasant surprise waiting for you ...

Those Eagle pendants look nice!

They do, and they sell very nicely to travelling bikers - though I should point out that the pretty gold colour is an artefact of the photography and the actual things are a plainish silver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom