• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Nintendo don't go out of business before they release Super Mario World 10, Mario Kart 8, Mario Party 12, Luigi's Mansion 4, and Legend of Zelda 19.

f0rk

While we're on beads - however briefly ...

If any BritGaffers wish to contribute to both Musha's love of sparkly things and my desire for a WiiU, drop me a PM stating amount you want to contribute and email address so I can invoice you over Paypal for the gift vouchers.

Hey - don't ask, don't get!

Musha, you might or might not have a pleasant surprise waiting for you ...

They do, and they sell very nicely to travelling bikers - though I should point out that the pretty gold colour is an artefact of the photography and the actual things are a plainish silver.

Do you sell home made jewellery? Or have an interest in selling it?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
What was the over and unders on Mario and Zelda though? There's got to be more than 10 Mario and 19 Zelda games, right? And isn't Mario Party monthly??

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Don't let Dave's console fever bug you too much lads and lasses. You have to remember he is a Vita owner so he's familiar with bad sales ;)

If it helps I think both the Wii U and Vita are spectacular failures but for very different reasons.

Mikeside

Mario Party 12 is right too

There's 1-9 plus Advance and DS. So 11?

Edit: And Mario has about 17 mainline games so far? (should I be including both 2D and 3D?)

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
Super Mario release timeline
1985 Super Mario Bros.
1986 Super Mario Bros. 2 (Japanese version)
1988 Super Mario Bros. 2 (International version), Super Mario Bros. 3
1989 Super Mario Land
1990 Super Mario World
1992 Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
1993 Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3
1995 Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
1996 Super Mario 64
2002 Super Mario Sunshine
2006 New Super Mario Bros.
2007 Super Mario Galaxy
2009 New Super Mario Bros. Wii
2010 Super Mario Galaxy 2
2011 Super Mario 3D Land
2012 New Super Mario Bros. 2, New Super Mario Bros. U

18 Marios

The Legend of Zelda Release Timeline
1986 The Legend of Zelda
1987 The Adventure of Link
1991 A Link to the Past
1993 Link's Awakening
1998 Ocarina of Time
1998 Link's Awakening DX *
2000 Majora's Mask
2001 Oracle of Seasons and Ages
2002 A Link to the Past & Four Swords *
2002 The Wind Waker
2004 Four Swords Adventures
2004 The Minish Cap
2006 Twilight Princess
2007 Phantom Hourglass
2009 Spirit Tracks
2011 Ocarina of Time 3D *
2011 Four Swords Anniversary Edition *
2011 Skyward Sword

18 Zeldas (*=handheld remix)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
  • 16 Zelda not including remakes. But technically none are numbered apart from the second.
  • 2 Mario Worlds. You would have been better off using NSMB since there were two of them this year. But the numbering is pretty confusing as the third game in number 2.
  • 9 numbered Mario Parties (they cut back on them, during the GameCube days this was basically an annual series) But I suppose IamMikeside is right to say there are 11 in total.

Mikeside

I think it's a credit to Nintendo that these IPs are still relevent after all these iterations, but I sure would love to see them developing more new franchises, or even one-offs.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I've not played a Mario game since NSMB DS and it is the one franchise that I'd like a Wii for. Maybe even just borrowing it off someone for the games. It's suprising that I've played and completed every Mario up to then though. (ok ok apart from Lost Levels...)

Fellow countrymen and women, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for helping the Wii-U bomb. Never have so few bought so little for so much.

Meh, Nintendo need to start actually bothering with their hardware and online efforts a lot more. They don't need to go to extremes with the innards of their consoles, but christ on a boat the Wii U is going to be getting some godawful ports when the new Play-boxes arrive, since all the investment moolah this time went on the tablet.

They've fucked up the marketing side since the beginning too. E3 '11 anyone? The presentation didn't even make it clear there was a new console, barely showed it too! Somehow they've carried that right through to marketing at normal consumers, since so many are confused as to what it is.

In other news, fucked up my coursework. Started it far too late, never done that before, never will again. I'm going to have to set my sights for the whole module to a low 2:1 now :(

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Do you sell home made jewellery? Or have an interest in selling it?

We really don't have the space for it f0rk. We do sell some ready-made stuff but it is really there to show off what can be done with the stuff in the shop - and all made by us or by people who buy (almost) exclusively from us, so we get a profit on the components.

As you'd guess perhaps, many of our customers make jewellery for resale, and they all ask the same question and get the same answer. But there's a chance (only a slim one at the moment) that with the local marketplace expanding only two doors away we may be able to get a small consortium of customers together to timeshare a stall and sell their and each others stuff. But you'd need to be local enough to be able to man the stall at least once a week. Plus it's likely to be tremendously successful in summer and dead in winter and you'd need to man it then too.

If interested, drop me a PM and some pics of what you have made.

EDIT: If you are not local enough to us, try what some of our customers do and network like hell locally. I got two customers who already have outlets in local kitchen merchants, hairdressers, utility shops - and they're only about 13 years old! Damn kids these days - wish I had been like that.

Mr. Sam

Started it on Saturday morning. For an essay or whatever it wouldn't be an issue, but this was creating time series models to analyse returns on a stock index, and required days of fiddling around to get it right.

I don't even know what that is, so I assume it does take a whole lot of fiddling. For me, it's basically all essays. I always start with the best intentions but the serious work only ever really gets done in the last ten days or so, with me sitting at a computer, going, "Oh Jesus shit, I don't know what any of this even means."

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
In other news, fucked up my coursework. Started it far too late, never done that before, never will again. I'm going to have to set my sights for the whole module to a low 2:1 now :(

Whatever the intentions I always ended up the same. Luckily I was mostly doing Philosophy so nobody could tell the difference between mad panic and lucid insight. Guess it might be different in a subject with some actual tangible content.

I don't even know what that is, so I assume it does take a whole lot of fiddling. For me, it's basically all essays. I always start with the best intentions but the serious work only ever really gets done in the last ten days or so, with me sitting at a computer, going, "Oh Jesus shit, I don't know what any of this even means."

To be honest I've never been good with coursework. I tend to leave it later on as the pressure motivates me, but countering that I've not got a boss or whoever breathing down my neck to get it done, so I leave it until it's far too late.

f0rk

If interested, drop me a PM and some pics of what you have made.

EDIT: If you are not local enough to us, try what some of our customers do and network like hell locally. I got two customers who already have outlets in local kitchen merchants, hairdressers, utility shops - and they're only about 13 years old! Damn kids these days - wish I had been like that.

Thanks, I was asking for my sister who is into that kind of stuff and I think wants to do it for a living. She's sold some stuff at a market stall before, but the distance between us is big.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Thanks, I was asking for my sister who is into that kind of stuff and I think wants to do it for a living. She's sold some stuff at a market stall before, but the distance between us is big.

If she's doing this for real (rather than just on a wing and a prayer) then it may well still be worth sending me some pics. I've a reasonable idea what sells for how much and where and all that stuff (like if you make stuff in Cardiff and sell in Merthyr Tydfil you are going to lose money, but he other way around you might do well).

In my experience the vast majority of my customers underprice their stuff. Sure, there is a lot of competition around but good quality finish beats everything. And if it has gemstones in it (anywhere) label it as such - it bumps up the asking price.

SKINNER!

Banned
Plebs! Plebs to the left! Plebs to the right! Plebs ahead and plebs behind!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3horf9QVbQ

GvDGv.jpg

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Anybody else get friend requests on steam from people they don't know? Looking at comments on their profiles, they are traders. Anything I should worry about?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Probably just being targeted because they played a game with you and saw you had rare hats or something. The hats is life to some folk.

Oliver_03A.jpg

"Suh, can ye spare a ghastly gibus? earbuds perhaps?"

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
I have too many books. Way too many. Even after throwing out maybe 5-10,000 over the years.

Currently reading through backlog of stuff I didn't get around to reading first time round.

Anyone want Crossman's Diaries when I am done with it? Four volumes, hardback, ex-library copy in good condition - cracking good read for the insider stuff on House of Commons and Westminster in general.

Pepys and Gibbon next to come, but I won't offer until I've actually started reading them!

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I have too many books. Way too many. Even after throwing out maybe 5-10,000 over the years.

Currently reading through backlog of stuff I didn't get around to reading first time round.

Anyone want Crossman's Diaries when I am done with it? Four volumes, hardback, ex-library copy in good condition - cracking good read for the insider stuff on House of Commons and Westminster in general.

Pepys and Gibbon next to come, but I won't offer until I've actually started reading them!
Maybe you should start selling books alongside the beads.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I auditioned for Lumiere in Beauty and The Beast today, and sang "See My Vest" at the audition.... I think it went down well. We'll see if I get a call back :p

What's the deal with getting random group invites on Steam? Like who the fuck are these people?

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
I auditioned for Lumiere in Beauty and The Beast today, and sang "See My Vest" at the audition.... I think it went down well. We'll see if I get a call back :p

What's the deal with getting random group invites on Steam? Like who the fuck are these people?

I got an invite from '3rdWORLD GAMERS'. No idea who they are.

Ashes

Banned

Amazon them.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The world's biggest super computer couldn't store all the books my mum has bought from jumble sales over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom