• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vita is possibly my favourite system ever. Such a shame people can't see the glory of it.

Having so much fun with Uncharted and Sonic Transformed right now, then it's time for Gravity Rush and more LBP Vita/Sound Shapes

Only thing I'd change (other than people ignoring it) would be to get a 128gb card in this beast.

I'd love one, but handhelds just don't fit into my life atm. My PSP and DS are so lonely :(

Need to get my PSP and finish FF8 after 14 years, and FF9 too.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
What the hell guys, it was a monday night. do you people not have jobs??

At work in the office all by my lonesome and not feeling very well at all. I would call my boss and go home sick but I had a half day on friday to fix my phone already. Dammit. Right, let's find some motivation to do some work from somewhere...

Bazza

Vita is possibly my favourite system ever. Such a shame people can't see the glory of it.

Having so much fun with Uncharted and Sonic Transformed right now, then it's time for Gravity Rush and more LBP Vita/Sound Shapes

Only thing I'd change (other than people ignoring it) would be to get a 128gb card in this beast.

Dunno if its my favorite system ever but its up there, since buying it the amount of time i spend on the PS3 or PC has dropped about 75% even when im in the house.

The number of hours i have put into LBP, Uncharted, NFS is scary. then there are all the other games i play for an hour here and there.

I cant wait to see what games come out on the vita in the next few years.

Mikeside

Dunno if its my favorite system ever but its up there, since buying it the amount of time i spend on the PS3 or PC has dropped about 75% even when im in the house.

The number of hours i have put into LBP, Uncharted, NFS is scary. then there are all the other games i play for an hour here and there.

I cant wait to see what games come out on the vita in the next few years.

I really hope it lasts a few years. The way Sony is ignoring it at the moment doesn't give me a whole lot of hope. Fingers crossed for a 'relaunch' this summer with a price-drop and some great bundles. There's already a great library of games on the Vita and I think Sony needs to shove it into the spotlight for it to have a chance.

My back hurts like a motherfucker. I think I need to throw away the new desk chair I bought :(

TCRS

Banned
CHEEZMO™;45293365 said:
Really enjoying BLOPS 2.

How is it compared to BLOPS1? Really enjoyed BLOPS but hated MW1-3. I didn't buy BLOPS2 because it looked like MW with all those gadgets.

Ashes

Banned
What the hell guys, it was a monday night. do you people not have jobs??

At work in the office all by my lonesome and not feeling very well at all. I would call my boss and go home sick but I had a half day on friday to fix my phone already. Dammit. Right, let's find some motivation to do some work from somewhere...

Night shift?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Might well have a gig in London early in the new year at the Dublin Castle. Stay tuned for pimpage when I know the date for sure!

And are you guys still trying to convince yourselves that your white elephants were a justified purchase? :p Weeoo, Veeda and the 3D's... I have not seen a game I NEED to play between the three of em.

The fact of the matter is, I'm cheap. I can't bring myself to spend £20-30 on portable games any more when I have more than I can play already for pocket change. The portable landscape has changed dramatically in the past couple of years, and I used to think nothing of buying DS games every couple of weeks. Shit, I barely even play my 360 any more other than tentpole releases (FC3 is fucking badass btw, still loving it).

Bazza

I really hope it lasts a few years. The way Sony is ignoring it at the moment doesn't give me a whole lot of hope. Fingers crossed for a 'relaunch' this summer with a price-drop and some great bundles. There's already a great library of games on the Vita and I think Sony needs to shove it into the spotlight for it to have a chance.

My back hurts like a motherfucker. I think I need to throw away the new desk chair I bought :(

I cant see them completely dropping it, in a worst case scenario 3rd party's will stay away and we will only see 1st party games released on it, it would be gutting but at least the games being developed for it would likely be built for the system rather than being a port of a console version (not that its always a bad thing).

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm at work as we speak. Don't know why I stayed up that late last night. Jumped straight into bed after my last post. And I don't feel the need to justify my purchases, handhelds still suit my gaming needs. I like to keep things separate. A handhald for games, a phone for calls and a digital music player for music. Why? Because battery life is crap and everyone is focused on advancing technology rather than making the current tech more efficient.

SteveWD40

How is it compared to BLOPS1? Really enjoyed BLOPS but hated MW1-3. I didn't buy BLOPS2 because it looked like MW with all those gadgets.

Well, the campaign jumps between the Cold War and the Future, the cold war bits are outstanding (Afghan mission for one) and the future is a mixed bag.

The MP is good imho, far more going on than MW3 including a more fleshed out offline mode and the ability to add bots to custom maps for testing out loudouts (and the bots on veteran are not shit either, not human levels but very fast and good aim).

The gadgets are pretty cool actually but if you prefer the 60's setting skip it as it's not in the MP at all.

Zombies mode is shit this time.

SteveWD40

I'm at work as we speak. Don't know why I stayed up that late last night. Jumped straight into bed after my last post. And I don't feel the need to justify my purchases, handhelds still suit my gaming needs. I like to keep things separate. A handhald for games, a phone for calls and a digital music player for music. Why? Because battery life is crap and everyone is focused on advancing technology rather than making the current tech more efficient.

I feel you brother.

I do play games on my phone but not much, it is my MP3 player but I do find that is pretty easy going on the battery. Overall though I think battery life needs a long hard looking at, people are trying to squeeze more power out of gadgets and we are collectively getting used to the idea of having to charge things constantly.

When the iPhone can be used for high intensiveness tasks as long as the iPad can I might consider it a true convergence device.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

OK, that is a bit weird. I can get maaaaaaybe wanting a separate gaming and phone, but music too? How many shiny back boxes do you need in your pockets?

Although I am a hypocrite since I will regularly carry my iPhone for phone, music and internet, iPad for reading and gaming and then my oldschool iPod for listening to music at work (since the battery lasts forever and it's got all my music on there rather than the few gigs of new stuff on my phone). But the only thing actualyl in my pockets is my phone, the other stuff is in my bag.

Man I'm such a apple whore. What have I become??

But the idea of adding a DS to this tech haul is just too much for me to contemplate.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well I choose to either listen to music on the bus or play a game so one gizmo goes in the bag and another in my pocket. I'm too lazy to sort out my music so an 80GB iPod suits me fine and as you said it has a decent battery. I'm terrible at keeping my phone alive so conserving the battery is my top priority.

Also Streetpass.

Suairyu

Banned
Music drains the batteries of smartphones quicker than a leech does your blood.

But then again everything drains smartphones.

I really wish they'd stop the processing power armsrace and just focus on battery for a year or two. The worst thing Apple ever did was making a phone that couldn't last more than a single day (and that's only if you hardly use it) standard.

So I have a phone and an iPod Shuffle, separately.

I don't tend to use my handhelds as portable devices, really, only as small gaming platforms that offer unique experiences.

f0rk

My Nexus S seems OK as a music player as long as I don't use the web browser so much as well. The main problem is only 16gb of space. I'd buy an iPod classic but the price is ridiculous, even for Apple it must have crazy margins.

Have my job interview with Deloitte tomorrow, cramming stuff in and hoping it goes well. What's up in business news? Probably shouldn't bring this article up.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Music drains the batteries of smartphones quicker than a leech does your blood.

But then again everything drains smartphones.

I really wish they'd stop the processing power armsrace and just focus on battery for a year or two. The worst thing Apple ever did was making a phone that couldn't last more than a single day (and that's only if you hardly use it) standard.

So I have a phone and an iPod Shuffle, separately.

I don't tend to use my handhelds as portable devices, really, only as small gaming platforms that offer unique experiences.

I think the thing that REALLY kills a smartphone is 3G or lack thereof. I can leave my iPhone on my desk at work all day and by the end I'll be down to 50% batteries. And this is mostly becuase the 3G around here is shite so it's constantly dropping connection and trying to establish a new one. If I go into airplane mode I barely lose a couple of percentage points by the end of the day. But that is obviously unworkable since it doesn't work as a phone then.

I just had to get used to plugging it in every night before bed. Not too hard really.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Sure, but then what if you're taking a weekend trip? I mean, it's madness, really.

Two options - either I'm going somewhere with plugs, in which case bring a charger. Or I'm going into Nature and therefore won't need my phone as much.

But yeah, it is funny how battery life rolled back so hard at the start of the smartphone generation. I only used to plug my pld phone in once a week.

I generally keep my 3G turned off until I need to use it, don't want to use up my usage either. Have wifi at home and work so only need to use 3G when I'm out and about.

TCRS

Banned
That's what I used to do until I realised that 1GB is a lot of usage for one month. I only need max 300MB, after that I left it on whenever I went outside.

Stubo

Putting a 64gb microsd in my phone has cemented it as my music player. The only other device I take anywhere is my DSi. I don't play portables much though since I walk to work, not many trains left in my life any more.

Sell me on a 3ds xl gaf (BGBW) :p When can I squeeze sneaky portable gaming in?

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I use like 4/5gb of data over the month now that I started using google music.

Thank fuck for unlimited data.

Ashes

Banned

That's pretty nice. As silly as the Internet can be with mashing up stuff sometimes (this goofy thread for example) I appreciate that it throws up some stuff you wouldn't see otherwise.

Amazing. I'm gonna buy it.

He's got his own thread which just got bumped.

ALL of them?? Some of those guys have jobs, I know it.

Yeah, they're all nightshift. :p

Tbh, I'm nightshift, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. It's 1:40pm and I need to be asleep, but have a ton of chores to do.

*run before someone asks why I'm on gaf*

The xx are awesome btw.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
He's got his own thread which just got bumped.

Yeah, they're all nightshift. :p

Tbh, I'm nightshift, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. It's 1:40pm and I need to be asleep, but have a ton of chores to do.

*run before someone asks why I'm on gaf*

The xx are awesome btw.

Yeah, nightshift is really fucked up. What I don't understand is how come night shifts are always longer? Like 12-14 hour shifts? As if working all night and having no life weren't bad enough, you have to work longer too.

I think I would cry.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Sell me on a 3ds xl gaf (BGBW) :p When can I squeeze sneaky portable gaming in?

I find it hard to sell someone on a system because I know my tastes vastly differ from the norm. It's like when people asked me about the Wii while at uni. I enjoyed it, but I was playing games like Excite Truck and Kororinpa.

Lirlond

My phone can last all day so long as I'm not constantly surfing. Beaming radiation into space is quite taxing on the battery.

Stubo

I find it hard to sell someone on a system because I know my tastes vastly differ from the norm. It's like when people asked me about the Wii while at uni. I enjoyed it, but I was playing games like Excite Truck and Kororinpa.
I already own theatrhythm and bit.trip saga if that helps? I'll either buy a 3ds xl or borrow one at some point to play these and the usual Mario games etc.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
My girlfriend bought me an iPad today for my birthday.

I didn't see that one coming.

Neither did my Vita.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I already own theatrhythm and bit.trip saga if that helps? I'll either buy a 3ds xl or borrow one at some point to play these and the usual Mario games etc.

Well since I play on the go the regular 3DS does me fine. Can't think of a place that would let me pocket a XL (or even a Vita) to see if it fits in my jacket nicely. Theatrhythm is a good rhythm game and I don't even play Final Fantasy games.

I've been tempted to buy games in preparation for systems I don't own but if I had done that I'd still be with a bunch of unopened PS3/360 games. Was almost tempted to get that Ni no Kuni special edition until I realised it was silly to buy such an expensive bundle for a system I don't even have.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Well since I play on the go the regular 3DS does me fine. Can't think of a place that would let me pocket a XL (or even a Vita) to see if it fits in my jacket nicely. Theatrhythm is a good rhythm game and I don't even play Final Fantasy games.

I've been tempted to buy games in preparation for systems I don't own but if I had done that I'd still be with a bunch of unopened PS3/360 games. Was almost tempted to get that Ni no Kuni special edition until I realised it was silly to buy such an expensive bundle for a system I don't even have.

The fuck?? But you have an anime avatar!

Oh man my head is in pieces with this news, I can't cope.

Next you'll be telling me that KentPaul has never played GTA, and in fact he's just called Paul and is from Kent.

EDIT: or Jill Sandwich doesn't like Resident Evil

Oh I missed this exchange earlier:

CHEEZMO™;45295384 said:
Never played an FF.

6 is the best.

I can't say for sure whether this is true since I've only finished 6, but it was so damn good. 16bit RPGs > all

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
FF6, 7, 8 are the holy trinity as far as I'm concerned.

7 will always be my favourite game though. 6 has the best soundtrack (a Wagnerian epic on a fucking SNES game, Uematsu was at his peak there) and even with its immense flaws I've got a soft spot for 8.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
FF6, 7, 8 are the holy trinity as far as I'm concerned.

7 will always be my favourite game though. 6 has the best soundtrack (a Wagnerian epic on a fucking SNES game, Uematsu was at his peak there) and even with its immense flaws I've got a soft spot for 8.

Dude, what am I missing with FF music? Because I played all of FF6 WITH THE SOUND UP and all I could hear was fairly nice if generic Japanese RPG music. I liked the Opera scene, that was quite sweet, but it was most often very backgroundy.

You seem to like it a lot, what is in it that you dig?

Personally, I honestly think that Zelda has the best RPG theme ever. So catchy and iconic. I played 40 hours of FF6 but I don't think I could hum you a tune from it :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom