• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
yeah damn straight. Work is just something I do in between chunks of life.

In other news:

0.jpg

Looks like Seananners.

f0rk

I don't normally watch Question Time, but it's pretty funny. Some dude suggested gay marriage will lead to siblings/cousins getting married. And the editor of The Mail on Sunday moans about everything.

Suairyu

Banned
I don't normally watch Question Time, but it's pretty funny. Some dude suggested gay marriage will lead to siblings/cousins getting married. And the editor of The Mail on Sunday moans about everything.
If the gays get married, next it'll be man and animal! Where will it end?

Suairyu

Banned
My most hated aspect of "It's my birthday!" threads, besides the complete narcissism required to make one and the lack of balls on behalf of the mods to ban them, is that the uncreative, bad posters who frequent them in a rush to make the same jokes and be accepted by people on the internet have managed to make a Perry Bible Fellowship strip not-funny. I mean, how do you even manage that? PBF is the height of comic funny!

Yet somehow, through sheer willpower, those posters have done it.

Lirlond

Its cool suariyu I refrained from being a narcissistic dick this morning. I was going to post a birthday thread but I didn't want to be one of those guys.

CHEEZMO™;45409115 said:
As long as you're avatar-less you're not allowed to complain about GAF.

Yeah, shut it not-duck. (Birthday threads are a total case of sure-you-could-get-annoyed-by-this-but-why-would-you.)

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Grrr. Sitting here fuming at Fedex.

Was expecting a big delivery of beads yesterday, but it seems that only two-thirds of the shipment has even made it to the UK after spending days noodling around the far east (China/Japan/Korea/Hong Kong). One parcel has just left Paris and another one seems to have been left in China.

Grrr.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
My work permit was approved. I start on Christmas Eve. I'd rather not work on Christmas, but it comes with the territory.

Good Pub Quiz Knowledge: South Korea is the only East Asian country where Christmas is a national holiday.

And that's one down, two more to go on the bureaucratic nightmare that is the work permit - visa - ID Card rigmarole.

industrian

As the last two Christmases were on the weekend, this is ... the very first Christmas Day I've ever worked on. Shocking.

And considering the next year that Christmas is on a weekend is 2016, it's going to be a jolly few years for me. :p

More concerning is that my birthday is the same weekday as Christmas. :/

Working on Christmas Eve is great. You can blare music, drink alcohol and you'll probably be allowed to go home by 1.

This made me laugh.

industrian

I still need to get my visa and ARC (ID Card) but it's one step down.

The funny thing being here that with my work permit I can legally work here, but without a visa cannot legally reside here. But that's the next stop on the list.

Jumping through hoops like these really makes you appreciate the relative simplicity of the EU.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Easy argument against that: Japan. Incest story seem to be the in thing over there for God knows what reasons but gay partnerships aren't recognised over there. Well what do you expect from the country that came up with Hard Gay.

When do people want to plan the next meetup?

I believe the most recent idea was the Fat Duck. ;)

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Are you supposed to tip a hairdresser?

Not the sort of hairdresser I go to.

Though actually I did drop her some extra last time round because her shop was shut and I called her out specially. But as a rule, no. No way. Unless you are female.

Suairyu

Banned
Are you supposed to tip a hairdresser?
The one and only time you tip a hairdresser is if they're a student hairdresser giving you a free cut for the practice. Many high-class establishments have this on a Wednesday or something while they're training their new recruits. If the cut is good, I'll hand them a fiver or something as a thank you.

3Sixty

I always round up to the pound.

I normally pay £10.50 so £11.

Though my normal guy is always hooking me up with Student discounts, deals and shit.

Suairyu

Banned
Pain au chocolat for breakfast, Pizza Express for lunch and I'll be having McDonalds with the most amazing Quality Street Fudge McFlurry for dinner. Also, day off work. Can there be a better day? I think not.

Seanbob11

Funnily enough yesterday was the first day I went to a proper hairdresser. Girlfriend and I both got done and we left a tip. Never again will I be going to a barbers!

Chinner

Banned
yeah i always tip the dude who cuts my hair but thats because i'm fussy about my hair and want a good job i mean somebody around here has to not look like a sack of shit

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I didn't think tipping the Barber was a thing. I feel like such a fucking jerk for waiting on my quid change.. My goodness.

Just seen the hobbit for free. Thank god for a error in the 3D when i tried to see it last night, Refund and free tickets. I have just gained and gained again from the error.

Suairyu

Banned
So ebay is the best place for cheap XBLA Gold and points, right?

Also 'Great Expectations' with miss Carter o' Burton was dull, but that's the fault of Dickens being a bad writer rather than the filmmakers.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I guess the Off-Topic forum is off-limits today, because ughhhhhh I hate everything I'm seeing

Tragic events today. The people of this world can do some extreme evil shit. Fuck.

I would love to come across a freshly released murderer from prison one day. Some justice would be unleashed for sure. I can provide the fists the justice system cant

I won't stand for scum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom