• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suairyu

Banned
Go downstairs.

Find front door wide open.

Go back upstairs.

Grab large metal rod.

Sweep the house, room by room, opening cupboards, prodding curtains, periodically slam the rod against the walls to make noise, humming Christmas tunes in a threatening manner.

Lock doors as I go.

Find no-one.

Give my mother a talking to about shutting doors properly and locking them.

Return to vidya gaymes, with metal rod by my side now for the rest of the night.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Me: Gah, I almost burnt my toast
Mum: You call that burnt?
Me: We can't all eat coal like you do
Mum: It makes your hair curly!
Me: (sarcasm)Oh yeah, I want that
Mum: Like a nigger

>mfw

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
I was always told eating this or that would 'make my hair go curly'. Took me a while for it to click that they were talking about puberty.

Lirlond

CHEEZMO™;45437065 said:

>mfw

Casual Racism. Britains oldest passtime.

Suairyu

Banned
CHEEZMO™;45437065 said:

>mfw
I'm getting tired of you not having a job and thus living with your parents. Get out already bro.

SKINNER!

Banned
I was always told eating this or that would 'make my hair go curly'. Took me a while for it to click that they were talking about puberty.

Shit, all this time I didn't know that I hit puberty at 7.

Edit: seriously cheezmo, you're a smart guy. Just grow a pair and be the person you want to be.

Xun

I think I'm about to come down with the norovirus, fuck sake.

Some colleague came into work even though she was ill, and now everyone is going down with it.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
I always round up to the pound.

I normally pay £10.50 so £11.

Though my normal guy is always hooking me up with Student discounts, deals and shit.

What kind of haircut are you getting that costs £10.50?
Mine costs £6.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Are you under 13 or something?

I'm with Chinner, I paid £19 for my last one.

22. I get a 4 at the back and sides and a trim on top so maybe that's it.
Obviously I can't never hope of looking like Chinner, so I have to make do :(

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I wouldn't pay more than £5 for a haircut. Then again I'm from a small town in Scotland and still have a 2008-era mentality about how much stuff costs.

Then again I've only had 5 haircuts in the last ten years. I'm used to long hair, and even after getting it cut short in Japan two years ago I've let it grow back.

I used to get my hair cut in a small husband & wife barbers/hairdressers place. Ever since I grew my hair long the barber told me to let his wife handle it in the hairdressers part. The place was full of old women, and one of them said to me - almost crying - that "if I had hair as beautiful as yours, I'd never ever cut it."

:/

SKINNER!

Banned
£8 is what I usually pay. Cheapest one I had was £3.50 at Weymouth. Non-existant banter convo but it was a great haircut. Used to always get a buzzcut since I hated having curtly hair. I was never able to get my hair down to my shoulders. Now I just let it grow until it gets into a stupidly sized jew 'fro and then get a trim. Curious to know what a £25 haircut gets you.

Just got back from Rasmus gig, fucking awesome night, met lead singer again squeeeee! I now feel like a teenage girl.

sweet! meeting the band after the gig must be an amazing rush. Sounds like a fantastic night M!

Just crossed the border into England. Hopefully the weather down south isn't as unbearable as it was in Scotland these past couple of days.

Eh, you can't pick who your parents are. FWIW, Su, you're lucky in that second regard, because I and everyone I know has never quite had that luxury. Maybe it's because we're young, but I'll be damned if I'm ever allowed to get away with that. (I should know- I tried it once, to disastrous effect.)

Suairyu

Banned
Eh, you can't pick who your parents are. FWIW, Su, you're lucky in that second regard, because I and everyone I know has never quite had that luxury. Maybe it's because we're young, but I'll be damned if I'm ever allowed to get away with that. (I should know- I tried it once, to disastrous effect.)
Eh, been allowed since I was 17. So long as I'm considerate enough to ask in advance, it's all cool.

And because I'm considerate 9 times out of 10, it also means I can get away with not asking if it's a spur of the moment thing every once in a blue moon. Once you're 18, your parents have to realise that you're a grown adult who needs a certain amount of freedom, especially if they make you pay rent. I don't give my 'rents grief, they don't return any. It's all good.

Just casually mentioned on BBC News (and not for a crime)

wA2IU.jpg

Eh, been allowed since I was 17. So long as I'm considerate enough to ask in advance, it's all cool.

And because I'm considerate 9 times out of 10, it also means I can get away with not asking if it's a spur of the moment thing every once in a blue moon. Once you're 18, your parents have to realise that you're a grown adult who needs a certain amount of freedom, especially if they make you pay rent. I don't give my 'rents grief, they don't return any. It's all good.

Well yeah, I agree. You'd think that'd be the case, once I turned 18.

You'd think. (Their actual words to me were "never do that", but also said "just wait until we're not in". Like, what's the deal? Pick your fucking rules. Luckily I'm away at uni now so I'm only home like 3 times a year, thank fuck.)

Sounds like you just get on a lot better with yours, anyway. I have pretty severe idealogical differences with mine, I can't really get over and I get along waaaaay better with my dad.

Chinner

Banned
i'm going home for xmas. not particularly looking forward to the constant questions and involvemnet about where my life and career are going. leaf me alone.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
i'm going home for xmas. not particularly looking forward to the constant questions and involvemnet about where my life and career are going. leaf me alone.

I speak with massive amounts of hindsight here, but firing it back seemed to work "when you were my age, where did you think your life and career were going?". Led at least to a few interesting discussions.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I just got home but I don't mind those family questions, i et to say Uni's going really well and I'm hoping to do a Master's which goes down well.

Currently enjoying some gorgeous home-cooked lamb chilli, home does have its perks, even is Huddersfield is fucking wank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom