• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokyDave

Gun-control threads, for me, are like cocaine: I did it once. Never again.
The only bit that makes me want to chime in with a 'what the fuck?!' Is the notion that a good chunk of Americans would literally kill anyone attempting to take their guns away. I want to believe that it's nonsensical hyperbole but it seems like such a frightened and paranoid country that I'm honestly not sure.

Can you imagine living with the perceived threat that your government might turn on you and that you'd need a gun for protection?

That's so far outside of my life experience that all I can do is look on with perturbed fascination.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
The only bit that makes me want to chime in with a 'what the fuck?!' Is the notion that a good chunk of Americans would literally kill anyone attempting to take their guns away. I want to believe that it's nonsensical hyperbole but it seems like such a frightened and paranoid country that I'm honestly not sure.

Can you imagine living with the perceived threat that your government might turn on you and that you'd need a gun for protection?

That's so far outside of my life experience that all I can do is look on with perturbed fascination.

It's nonsensical hyperbole. It's a mantra. It's a comfort blanket. It's the false reassurance that if you have a gun you are safe from everything.

It's false.

And I don't think that anyone (sane) really believes that stuff about defence from government - not 200 years on (and yet, there's still strife in Gaza after 4,000 years - who am I kidding?).

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
It would be handy to own a gun if someone broke into your home and acted as a direct threat to your family.

I wouldn't shoot to kill though, I'd just empty the clip to the area of the persons legs. Even though I'm untrained one of the bullets would land on target.

America's will have the upper hand if a zombie outbreak happens with all the guns floating around. I for one would get a hold of a bow n arrow so i don't risk getting bit taking down zombies with melee weapons. I would get a hold of a boat and hold up living on a Scottish loch living off fish till things calm down.

Gun control "debate" is simply a prime example of how utterly broken that nation is. They can't even mourn the deaths of toddlers one and the same. "United States" my arse.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Gun-control threads, for me, are like cocaine: I did it once. Never again.

I try to avoid any 'serious' threads on GAF: religion,politics,guns, etc. They just end up as a clusterfuck of people shouting at other people trying to call them pricks without actually doing so because they don't want to get banned.

3Sixty

Came out of the gym to find someone had smashed the front panel off my bike, attempted a hot wire, snapped the steering lock and been general cunts.

Absolutely gutted. Too fucking skint right now as well. Can't afford to repair it, can't afford to miss work by not riding it.

Fucking cunts.

SteveWD40

I try to avoid any 'serious' threads on GAF: religion,politics,guns, etc. They just end up as a clusterfuck of people shouting at other people trying to call them pricks without actually doing so because they don't want to get banned.

Yep, circlular arguments going round and round and people who can't tolerate people not agreeing with them.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It's why I've found myself moving back to gaming side more and more. Rather hard to have a serious topic when it comes to videogames. Also it seems it is much easier to be cheeky over there

Gaf.

It's my fucking birthday.
Happy Birthday. Sorry I could be there but I've been feeling a bit poorly this weekend.

It's my fucking birthday too! Happy birthday!

Happy Birthday.

suairyus_favourite_pbf_comic.jpg

SKINNER!

Banned
Happy birthday Musha, no angel and all you December birthday lurkers. Birthday cake and liquor all day then?

How's the new avatar GAF?

Win! Can't beat some Brooker. Wish he'd post on neogaf. He's a gamer afterall.

It's why I've found myself moving back to gaming side more and more. Rather hard to have a serious topic when it comes to videogames. Also it seems it is much easier to be cheeky over there

Same, its just not worth getting into the hassle of trying to debate with trolls and narrow minded users. I just stick to politics (foreign policy about ME mostly) threads that I am interested/care/know a lot about and try not to get worked up.

I rarely post in the Gaming Side because it just overwhelmes me in how passionate and detailed users are about their favourite games. Plus, OT is more interesting to me.

Came out of the gym to find someone had smashed the front panel off my bike, attempted a hot wire, snapped the steering lock and been general cunts.

Absolutely gutted. Too fucking skint right now as well. Can't afford to repair it, can't afford to miss work by not riding it.

Fucking cunts.

Fucking revolting. Hope you get it repaired soon man. Maybe your job can help you out since you need it for work. Why can't people just mind their own business and stop stirring up shit?

Mr. Sam

To go on a more positive tangent, did anybody ever read Sonic The Comic when they were younger? I'm going down one of my Sunday afternoon nostalgia trips.

O5h6a.jpg

Oh yeah, that's the stuff.

Suairyu

Banned
To go on a more positive tangent, did anybody ever read Sonic The Comic when they were younger? I'm going down one of my Sunday afternoon nostalgia trips.
Yes. Genuinely creative comic. Much, much better to the Archie trash the Americans got lumped with.

SKINNER!

Banned
Yes. Genuinely creative comic. Much, much better to the Archie trash the Americans got lumped with.

The Sonic Archie comics were the only ones I read as a kid. Same applies to the Ninja Turtles. Had no idea there was another set of Sonic comics out there.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The guy in the Scottish Siri video has an American accent! Kent / other ScotGAF - is it easy for you guys to tell it's affected?

That would explain why he kept referring to a Jammy Dodger as a sandwich.

Also I need a good Christmas Cracker joke for work tomorrow. Can't be too lewd.

Lirlond

That would explain why he kept referring to a Jammy Dodger as a sandwich.

Also I need a good Christmas Cracker joke for work tomorrow. Can't be too lewd.

Why does Santa use the chimney?

The only knockers he can touch are his wife's

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Sheep'll do fine - besides it is easier to spell. Where is everyone else tonight? Seems to have gone quiet.

EDIT: Been spending my time riling Americans it seems. Though I did get a complimentary PM from a mod so it's not all bad.

Got back home tonight for Christmas sans laptop so I'm farting around with whatever I can find. The desktop here is pretty good except it runs Vista so ugggggghhhhhh. Still gonna install Saints Row The Third and see what happens.

Sports Personality was pretty neat, at least for Elba. God, what a class act.

Mikeside

I've spent my evening replanning my trip to London tomorrow.
Thought I had to get to Shep's Bush for 9:30, change of plan - gotta get to Pudding Mill Lane for the same time.

I hate my work sometimes :(

Mikeside

That's understandable. Pudding Mill Fucking Lane? at 9-ish? Constructive dismissal quit for certain.

Hah, I wish - it's my family's company, though, so I'm fairly under the thumb. Just hoping they'll take me seriously and give me some kind of pay rise when I ask for it in January.

I'm currently managing the warehouse (though it's just me and one other guy - my apprentice) and am also an IT engineer, so I do a lot of 1st line support, building PCs, fixing problems etc etc, all for the currently lowly wage of

Blech.

A slight change of subject - anyone want a DOTA2 key? I have another 4 for some reason...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom