• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
As long as I get parsnips and sprouts and have loved ones around, Christmas is all good by me.

Are you still gonna go to the Sucioperro gig on Saturday?
I don't know if you saw my post in the last thread, but sucks you're not supporting :(
My friend's band is one of the supports - Freeze the Atlantic. John and Guy from Reuben are in it too and they're well worth a listen.

I was going to go down, but it's the same day as my 24hour game-a-thon, so I'll be absent unfortunately. Still well up for a cheeky drink sometime soon though.

No, I think I'll be sitting that one out even though I'm sure it'll be a cracker, haven't really got the money to go out in the last week of the month :(

Who do you know in FtA? It would be useful for me to have a contact in the biggest surrey/hants band right now haha. "Hey, you know mike, gimme a gig!"

Aaaaaaand the bar is lowered again. We may have to call James Cameron in at this point

I'm soooowwy :( I can't help it, whenever there is a bar I will limbo right under it
and do something disgusting

It's my superpower. It's just an incredibly un-useful one!

Darren870

and thanks Darren870 :) Don't want you to go out to the shops just to ponder at the confectionery section but if you happen to be doing your shopping or something then just a quick glance will help me out. Don't want to send stuff over that's already widely available over there.

I checked Waitrose since I was there. Besides what I said before, there wasn't anything else that the UK has the the US doesn't.

I'll think about it more though.

Edit: I'm being told we have Mars bars though...

Mikeside

Ah now there's a sensible idea! Thanks Scud

Aaaaaaand the bar is lowered again. We may have to call James Cameron in at this point

Is there NOTHING we won't shit on in here?

Titanic
Terminator
Terminator 2
Aliens
True Lies
The Abyss
Rambo 2

C'mon!

No, I think I'll be sitting that one out even though I'm sure it'll be a cracker, haven't really got the money to go out in the last week of the month :(

Who do you know in FtA? It would be useful for me to have a contact in the biggest surrey/hants band right now haha. "Hey, you know mike, gimme a gig!"

I'm soooowwy :( I can't help it, whenever there is a bar I will limbo right under it
and do something disgusting

It's my superpower. It's just an incredibly un-useful one!

I know Sean from back in his Spectrum 7 days. I told him to check you guys out, you never know - he might!

Next time you guys are gigging, let me know well in advance and I'll pester him to pop down?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Titanic
Terminator
Terminator 2
Aliens
True Lies
The Abyss
Rambo 2

C'mon!

I know Sean from back in his Spectrum 7 days. I told him to check you guys out, you never know - he might!

Next time you guys are gigging, let me know well in advance and I'll pester him to pop down?

First, Titanic is shit, shame on you for topping your list with that!

Second, I used to love Spectrum 7! I think I even played with them at the tumbledown once. The scene around here is creepily tiny. I will pimp the next gig out sure, I think the next one will be at the star in guildford, not sure of the date yet though.

Titanic
Terminator
Terminator 2
Aliens
True Lies
The Abyss
Rambo 2

C'mon!

Yeeeaaah that was actually a reference to the latest South Park ep where James Cameron saves the day.

Mikeside

First, Titanic is shit, shame on you for topping your list with that!

Second, I used to love Spectrum 7! I think I even played with them at the tumbledown once. The scene around here is creepily tiny. I will pimp the next gig out sure, I think the next one will be at the star in guildford, not sure of the date yet though.

Titanic is a great movie! Not quite worth the hype, but a really solid one with James Cameron's trademark fantastic visuals.

I forgot Avatar - a nothingy story with great heart and visuals.

Yeeeaaah that was actually a reference to the latest South Park ep where James Cameron saves the day.

Ahh OK- I'm a bit behind on South Park. I just assumed you'd hate one of my favourite directors, so I jumped on the defensive.

Qasiel

Titanic is a great movie! Not quite worth the hype, but a really solid one with James Cameron's trademark fantastic visuals.

Ahh OK- I'm a bit behind on South Park. I just assumed you'd hate one of my favourite directors, so I jumped on the defensive.

That's our Musha! She's all about the hate.

Haha, fair enough, but I love James Cameron. And I like Titanic and Avatar.

Blimey, more things we agree on! I feel really close to you now.

Mikeside

If this keeps up, I might even let you read my excessive Borderlands post.
NOT THAT JEDEYE EVER POSTED HIS REBUTTAL
I guess he agrees with every point I made but isn't humble enough to admit it :p

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

I am listening to that song RIGHT NOW. Awesome.

Fuck James Cameron! :p

If this keeps up, I might even let you read my excessive Borderlands post.
NOT THAT JEDEYE EVER POSTED HIS REBUTTAL
I guess he agrees with every point I made but isn't humble enough to admit it :p

haha one day, one day! I have to work the ire up.

Mikeside

Love The Carpenters. Love Karen's voice.

Fave Carpenter's song? Mine is Superstar.

it's between their version of I'll Never Fall in Love Again and It's Going to Take Some Time for me.

So many great songs, though

So what's everyone been listening to today?

It's been Radiohead for me - getting a new appreciation for The Bends. It really is a fucking BEAST.
Shall be chilling back with some OK Rainbows/In Computers (awesome mix of the 2 albums that works incredibly well) tonight.

Gah, I think wanna learn bass.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
CHEEZMO™;43336628 said:
Syria threads will be the end of me. My blood pressure, man.

Is this related to you wanting a soviet tank helmet?

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
what's up Cheezmo? People not understanding the situation or just being silly?

Both. These people peddle so much misinformation and dishonesty. It makes my blood boil. I'd rather argue with 9/11 Truthers than take on these paranoid nuts (then again, several of these people on GAF are actual factual Truthers). I know I'll never convince them, but it's uninformed people watching who then pick up misinformation and spread it around that really gets to me.

One of the few things that genuinely pisses me off.
Is this related to you wanting a soviet tank helmet?

lol, nah.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
No music allowed on the front desk :-/

Au revoir to Emmanuelle today too. What kind of Thursday is this? It's kind of crap!
cC4RE.jpg

SKINNER!

Banned
CHEEZMO™;43339160 said:
Both. These people peddle so much misinformation and dishonesty. It makes my blood boil. I'd rather argue with 9/11 Truthers than take on these paranoid nuts (then again, several of these people on GAF are actual factual Truthers). I know I'll never convince them, but it's uninformed people watching who then pick up misinformation and spread it around that really gets to me.

One of the few things that genuinely pisses me off.

I just laugh at the stupidity really. People thinking they're poli-science experts and shit. Reminds me of when the Iraq War began in 2003 and everyone was stating how Clinton was a saint because he didn't start messing things up in Iraq. oh deary me. Just ask for proof as to where to they got their info from and mock them the second you see a daily mail, RT, foxnews or stormfront link. Seriously man, you can't take their shit seriously. To be honest, when it comes to religion and politics, Neogaf isn't as frustrating as other gaming message boards out there. There's a bunch of good users here who post sensible stuff.

So what's everyone been listening to today?

Spotify is quite iffy at work. Sometimes it works and sometimes it's blocked so I either listen to the ipod or hop onto youtube. I've come across some complete live concert videos so I've been listening to Pearl Jam's MTV Unplugged show. Also, Came across this sweet violin/gothic cover of Rammstein's Engel.

Only Kendrick Lamar I came across was on The Game's last album. Thanks for the link. Will be checking this out.

Nearly home, ended up staying out for about 1 1/2 hours. Long enough to not be rude, short enough to get home at a decent hour, and I'm getting dinner cooked for me, touch.

When I hear Nick Griffin I always think Peter Griffin.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Nearly home, ended up staying out for about 1 1/2 hours. Long enough to not be rude, short enough to get home at a decent hour, and I'm getting dinner cooked for me, touch.

When I hear Nick Griffin I always think Peter Griffin.

They probably have about the same IQ.

Xun

Yesterday I walked alongside Steve Coogan, and today I walked past Bradley Wiggins!

Plenty of celebrities in Soho, unsurprisingly.

TCRS

Banned
I wouldn't recognise a celeb if I ever saw one. Except a few iconic ones I suppose, like Michael Schumacher (can't miss dat chin) or something. But Steve Crogan and Bradley Wiggins? shrug.

Yesterday I walked alongside Steve Coogan, and today I walked past Bradley Wiggins!

Plenty of celebrities in Soho, unsurprisingly.

Yeah I quite frequently saw celebs when I used to work in the West End. Nearly walked in to Orlando Bloom once. Best was Stephen Fry though, got a photo with him.

Qasiel

LondonGAF - Have any of you been to Nintendisco/Gamerdisco? I have a friend who keeps asking me to go along to one of their nights but I've been working for the last few that have been on. Had a look and I can make the next one (7th of November), but I wondered if any of you lot had been and what to expect. It looks interesting enough.

Xun

Who wouldn't recognise Steve Coogan? I want that man to share a pint with me.
I didn't realise at first, but my mind was going crazy when I realised it was him. I'm a huge fan.

We were walking in the same direction for a bit.

Yeah I quite frequently saw celebs when I used to work in the West End. Nearly walked in to Orlando Bloom once. Best was Stephen Fry though, got a photo with him.
I wish I got a chance to speak to both, but I don't really wish to ruin my perception of them incase they were arsey. That and Coogan was on the phone.

Where do you live: Dundee
Where are you from: It's complicated, let's just say Scotland.
Occupation: Student/Part-time warden where I live (Really easy money)
University: Dundee University, Previously Glasgow University
Sport of choice: Not really sporty.
Current political party of choice: SNP, because they're not as dickish as the rest.
Favourite (current) UK TV show: Sherlock, but for the sheer entertainment value, Take Me Out.
Favourite (current) non UK TV show: Breaking Bad (Fuck yeah Netflix)
CBBC or CITV: I don't think I favoured either.

SKINNER!

Banned
I checked Waitrose since I was there. Besides what I said before, there wasn't anything else that the UK has the the US doesn't.

I'll think about it more though.

Edit: I'm being told we have Mars bars though...

Didn't see this earlier so my apologies for not replying. I'm surprised about the Mars bar though. Is it called Milky Way over there by any chance? wait...so Mars UK = Milky Way..then what is Milky Way UK in the USA? :S oh boy! The confusion! Thanks again btw.

Where do you live: Dundee
Where are you from: It's complicated, let's just say Scotland.
University: Dundee University, Previously Glasgow University

zFB8y.gif

EDIT: f0rk, Cheezmo. you might find this interesting: Arcade Fire: 50 Rap Songs Based on Video Game Samples
Very weird list. Some of the songs are pretty bad but there's a few good ones in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom