• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Happy Birthday Musha!

Or did I say that before?

When you come over next week there's a pub over the road, nightclubs all around and if you really need it we could probably erect a tent in the garden.

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone

Happy Birthday Musha!

Or did I say that before?

When you come over next week there's a pub over the road, nightclubs all around and if you really need it we could probably erect a tent in the garden.

Haha, I probably won't be staying around that long, just enough for a cuppa and some bead browsing!

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
My apologies for missing birthdays. I hope everyone had a good time.

To go on a more positive tangent, did anybody ever read Sonic The Comic when they were younger? I'm going down one of my Sunday afternoon nostalgia trips.

O5h6a.jpg

Oh yeah, that's the stuff.

I had one issue of this. I think I bought it in Aviemore.

Either way you've triggered a hell of a youthful memory.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Hah, I wish - it's my family's company, though, so I'm fairly under the thumb. Just hoping they'll take me seriously and give me some kind of pay rise when I ask for it in January.

I'm currently managing the warehouse (though it's just me and one other guy - my apprentice) and am also an IT engineer, so I do a lot of 1st line support, building PCs, fixing problems etc etc, all for the currently lowly wage of

Blech.

A slight change of subject - anyone want a DOTA2 key? I have another 4 for some reason...

Holy crap man, I hope they whisper sweet nothings and kiss the back of your neck while they're hammering away at your bunghole. The amount of responsibility you have, you should be on at least 20k, and that's if they were being tight. Roll on January eh?

Suairyu

Banned
How do commuters do this shit every day? It's just a one off for us for interviews, but Monday M25 traffic is rage inducing.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Crap, happy belated birthday Musha! And to the others having birthdays this week. A fair few christmas birthdays round here.

Gosh you know you're old when people reminisce about SONIC comics! I was brought up with

Transformers

Scream

Oink!

As well as the uncool ones: Whizzer & Chips, Buster, Topper, Beezer, The Dandy, Beano.
Yay Lew Stringer has a website!

Oh no you didn't.

Mikeside

Holy crap man, I hope they whisper sweet nothings and kiss the back of your neck while they're hammering away at your bunghole. The amount of responsibility you have, you should be on at least 20k, and that's if they were being tight. Roll on January eh?

Yeah... I'm not really sure how to ask for it, as they shot me down when I asked a few months ago (before I had an underling) but I'm hoping for the best.

If they say no, I could probably get a job elsewhere. Bit harsh to ditch the family business but ballers gotta ball

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Yeah... I'm not really sure how to ask for it, as they shot me down when I asked a few months ago (before I had an underling) but I'm hoping for the best.

If they say no, I could probably get a job elsewhere. Bit harsh to ditch the family business but ballers gotta ball

No seriously man, you really have to bail. You're a grownup with a high-stakes job, you should be being paid for it according. You could get way way more for your skillset out in the world, that's for sure. And if you do start to make proper noises about leaving, then maybe a raise would be more forthcoming? Whichever way, good luck to you fella :)

No seriously man, you really have to bail. You're a grownup with a high-stakes job, you should be being paid for it according. You could get way way more for your skillset out in the world, that's for sure. And if you do start to make proper noises about leaving, then maybe a raise would be more forthcoming? Whichever way, good luck to you fella :)

100% correct.

Mikeside

100% correct.

You guys are right - I need to find some balls and bring them to the meeting I arrange in January.

Anyone looking for an IT engineer, just in case it goes badly? Will work for no less than 25k :p

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
probably the worst advice ever, thanks.

Close to dam square as possible. It doesn't matter like i said because the awesome tram network saves the day.

I will be staying in the Leidseplein area next time i'm back (As soon as the good weather hits i'm booking)

Img_9367.jpg

DSC_3087amsterdam-pancake-shop.jpg

Leidseplein FTW, it was always the stop we got off at the start the day.

My friend bought the ten shots of jager for everyone at the table but we were to baked to even look at the test tube shots.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
The Mirror
Ms Ferrier said the defendant took an interest in the teenager during a party in Newport, Gwent, last year.

He winked at her, helped her pour drinks and offered her a place to stay with him in London.

The girl ended up drunk on cocktails and her father, also at the party, put her to sleep upstairs. Morris then checked on her after she was sick and carried her into another bed, the court heard.

Her father tried to wake his daughter at 6am to go home, but left her as she was fast asleep.

mHKSa.jpg

Also
WSNK4.jpg
ozCBo.jpg
rkzzX.jpg

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
If anyone was wondering why we just broke our "most users online" record, it's because a GAF thread is on the front page of reddit. Gaming side has 20,000 people browsing right now.

3CVai.png

TCRS

Banned
I don't get reddit.

I have recently started discovering 4chan though. I quite like /g/ and /v/. Fuck /b/ though, what a sick sub community.

Bazza

Think I've about recovered from my work do Saturday didn't even see the sunlight Sunday, had a good time and didn't do anything that would lose me my job surprisingly considered 6 of us polished off 12 bottles of wine. Got a nice surprise of a Christmas bonus that so enough to buy some decent presents for people for once and enough change to buy something shiny.

Noticed a few posts on here on mountain bikes looking to get one again make my journeys to and from work from 20 mins to about 5 and I can go on bike rides again.

I'm liking the look of this http://m.evanscycles.com/products/bmc/teamelite-te03-2011-mountain-bike-ec025215

Any one had any experience with bmc and more specifically the components, I haven't owned a mountain bike since I was 17 so the model numbers etc mean nothing to me these days, any alternative suggestions would be welcome to.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I should probably involve myself with UK GAF more, I probably come across as a very fringe lunatic individual that drive bys only UK Gaf threads but skulks in the shadows watching you all from afar.

I also can't resist a page that has Richard Elson drawn Sonic the Hedgehog and Frank Sidebotttom. Thats like some one-two punch of nostalgia.

Random question over vague curiosity. How's everyone work-wise for Christmas? Decent break or workload building up before time off?

It's weird for me, because on the one hand one chunk of my job finished two weeks ago now cos teaching finished at uni, but on the other as I'm off for Xmas it's all go at the radio station on the other half as we record all the stuff for Christmas. So I'm not entirely sure what my stress/work level is.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I work Christmas eve but get off two hours earlier than usual. Off Christmas day. Then right back to regular schedule after Christmas.

Had to ask for New Years off using my vacation time :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom