• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

f0rk

Only 3 weeks off Uni this year for some reason... probably will be my last student slacker Christmas holiday, woe is me.

Salvadora

Anyone here done an access to university course here? I'm considering doing one in September but I'm not sure between it and A levels.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Anyone here done an access to university course here? I'm considering doing one in September but I'm not sure between it and A levels.
I've done online classes but I have no idea what an access to uni course is. Also I can't help but notice you're on A levels, how old are you Salva if you don't mind me asking?

Salvadora

I've done online classes but I have no idea what an access to uni course is. Also I can't help but notice you're on A levels, how old are you Salva if you don't mind me asking?

I'm 21. I dropped out of school due to spending too much time in work, biggest mistake I've made so I think. Really depressing being 21 with no prospects in the future so I need to change that asap. It's been a long while since I've studied which makes it pretty daunting.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I've considered doing evening courses someplace like Birkbeck but I don't really know if I want to go back to education.

f0rk

I'm 21. I dropped out of school due to spending too much time in work, biggest mistake I've made so I think. Really depressing being 21 with no prospects in the future so I need to change that asap. It's been a long while since I've studied which makes it pretty daunting.

What are your interests? You could look at a foundation year.

Salvadora

What are your interests? You could look at a foundation year.
One of the problems is that I've been so uncertain about what I could and should do that I've ended up making no choice at all. Teaching is an interest that has been appealing lately so I may have a look at that.

I did an Access to Teaching course from '09-'11 and found it really prepared me for uni much better than A levels as I got to practice using the referencing systems I've been using during my degree. I'd say they're just as valuable as A levels and universities are definitely recognising them more.

Salvadora

I did an Access to Teaching course from '09-'11 and found it really prepared me for uni much better than A levels as I got to practice using the referencing systems I've been using during my degree. I'd say they're just as valuable as A levels and universities are definitely recognising them more.

That sounds fantastic. I've also read that they are free in comparison to A levels which is a big plus for me. I'm going to save up quite a bit of money by September so I don't have to work, or at least work to the extent I would probably have to, just to sustain myself.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Only 3 weeks off Uni this year for some reason... probably will be my last student slacker Christmas holiday, woe is me.

I've always had 3 weeks at christmas, 4 weeks at easter.
Seems to work pretty well, I just want to get past Xmas and New Year's and get back up to Uni.

f0rk

I've always had 3 weeks at christmas, 4 weeks at easter.
Seems to work pretty well, I just want to get past Xmas and New Year's and get back up to Uni.

Nah man then I'm straight into exams. Hopefully I won't be doing any job hunting next semester though as that took a lot of time, was supposed to find out today but got no call :/

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
CHEEZMO™;45528353 said:
Just watched Threads.

Fuckin hell.

I remember watching it in high school for Modern Studies.
Poor cat. :(

Even though the class was 1998-2000, we still went over the Cold War and Gulf War in a bit of detail. The humorous part being when NATO started bombing Serbia and led to a bunch of girls in the class thinking we were going to get nuked.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
You're not hopeless or alone by any means. I'm trying myself to get back on the education horse after a break working full time. Dropped out in the middle of my general uni courses about a year ago (22 now).

Silver lining is if I at least finish my undergrad there is a position I can go for at a reputable company so that's my goal at the moment. Gonna restart with three courses next semester and see how it goes.

SteveWD40

CHEEZMO™;45528353 said:
Just watched Threads.

Fuckin hell.

i-know-that-feel-bro.jpg

Seen it a few times (yep, been back for more!) and it's the most depressing of it's ilk by far, I watched the US version (The Day After) and although miserable, it didn't have the same resonation as Threads, mainly as I couldn't relate to Kansas like I could the 80's "North".

I mean, this was Sheffield in the 80's, it was depressing enough before the nukes...

led to a bunch of girls in the class thinking we were going to get nuked.

Did you comfort them? Perhaps convince them they needed to procreate to ensure mankinds survival?

Suairyu

Banned
Really depressing being 21 with no prospects in the future so I need to change that asap. It's been a long while since I've studied which makes it pretty daunting.
Being 21 is hardly setting your future in stone. Our resident sheep just completely changed his future and opened a bead shop, and he's much farther along the chain of life than you. There is no "life is over" age other than that which you make.

Go forth, my son, and be the Salvadora you wish to be.

Mikeside

Being 21 is hardly setting your future in stone. Our resident sheep just completely changed his future and opened a bead shop, and he's much farther along the chain of life than you. There is no "life is over" age other than that which you make.

Go forth, my son, and be the Salvadora you wish to be.

I don't think I know a single person who had it together by 21.

industrian

I just turned 28 and to be honest my life is still bits & pieces right now. My degree has only been useful for visa purposes so far.

Mikeside

Nah, not having your life together is something to be celebrated - it's a magical time, full of possibility and promise.

Though I seriously would like to be living out on my own again by now...

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
I'd be more depressed if I was still stuck in an unhappy marriage, at least I've got my freedom back! I'll take the whiskey if it leads to bellowing Bavarian drinking songs and dancing on tables!

industrian

Lets all get a half and a whisky and depress each other some more :lol

I got a free sample of Glenmorangie at the weekend when at Costco. I've missed that "soft burn" feeling of proper whisky. I'll pick up a bottle soon.

i-know-that-feel-bro.jpg

Seen it a few times (yep, been back for more!) and it's the most depressing of it's ilk by far, I watched the US version (The Day After) and although miserable, it didn't have the same resonation as Threads, mainly as I couldn't relate to Kansas like I could the 80's "North".

I mean, this was Sheffield in the 80's, it was depressing enough before the nukes...

Did you comfort them? Perhaps convince them they needed to procreate to ensure mankinds survival?

1-moss-it-crowd.jpg

Augh, no! ... It's set in the 80's!

Threads just couldn't be more bleak. Honestly ruined my night when I watched it.

Wos appertainin' Gaf?

So I had a lovely birthday weekend, rounded off by making more Xmas tree cupcakes for work, which are going down a treat. Also very surprised to get a gift from everyone, a Galactic Empire bath robe! Nice to know everyone is aware of what I like :)

So, busy week for me in work. Was off yesterday, work xmas lunch tomorrow so that'll be a half day, then a half day on Friday. Doesn't leave a lot of time to get stuff done.

Luckily I managed to get Xmas eve off, but I'm back in on 27th. So driving to Cornwall Saturday, driving to Wales (via phisheep's) on Sunday, then driving back to London Wednesday. Fun times.

Mikeside

Wos appertainin' Gaf?

So I had a lovely birthday weekend, rounded off by making more Xmas tree cupcakes for work, which are going down a treat. Also very surprised to get a gift from everyone, a Galactic Empire bath robe! Nice to know everyone is aware of what I like :)

So, busy week for me in work. Was off yesterday, work xmas lunch tomorrow so that'll be a half day, then a half day on Friday. Doesn't leave a lot of time to get stuff done.

Luckily I managed to get Xmas eve off, but I'm back in on 27th. So driving to Cornwall Saturday, driving to Wales (via phisheep's) on Sunday, then driving back to London Wednesday. Fun times.

Hope there are some xmas tree cupcakes in the post for all your good friends in BritGAF.

What is it you actually do? I've never known...

Our xmas party is on Friday at Ascot watching the horse racing and boozing up on free drink all day. Should be interesting :D

Hope there are some xmas tree cupcakes in the post for all your good friends in BritGAF.

What is it you actually do? I've never known...

Our xmas party is on Friday at Ascot watching the horse racing and boozing up on free drink all day. Should be interesting :D

If there was a way I could send cupcakes in the post without them getting squished then I would.

I'm a client accountant for a commercial property management company. It's a tad boring sometimes but I don't hate it and it pays well, can't really ask for more than that.

Try not to squander all your money on poor bets!

Mikeside

If there was a way I could send cupcakes in the post without them getting squished then I would.

I'm a client accountant for a commercial property management company. It's a tad boring sometimes but I don't hate it and it pays well, can't really ask for more than that.

Try not to squander all your money on poor bets!

It's a shame you can't really bubblewrap cupcakes.

Yeah, I won't be betting more than 10 to 20 quid.
Of course, I say that now. I'm going to have to leave my wallet at home or I'll get drunk and decide OF COURSE I should make an exception for Sally LameNag - she's an outside bet who is OBVIOUSLY going to win it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom