• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
It's a bit silly but I got happy to find myself with a staff profile at uni. Which means I can stop describing my self as "sort of?" staff.

jcresswell

Lookin' good, John
it'd be awesome if your GAF avatar was on your staff profile

Suairyu

Banned
JohnEx, that is worryingly specific information about yourself. Would be careful who might find you via google, if I were you.

Darren870

On the first day of my trip I bought a ton of new clothes. Three weeks later when my trip was over I needed to buy more as none of them fit anymore. :/

LOL I'm worried about the same thing. Fuck it ill kick my ass and get that 6 pack back. Just have to watch the booze...... The hardest part

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Hey musha how was getting the nipple done? My lady friend is considering it, but she's worried about the pain and what not.

I refer you to my previous post on the subject (hell, I've got a previous post on *this* subject? Bang goes my impartial lawyerly approach).

What I can easily make up, and even with a straight face, is *fake* nipple rings, which look like a piercing but are not; allow you to show off "piercing" to your friends (apparently people do - at least people round here) without having to go through the actual piercing-and-anaesthetic-bit. This demands all manner of potentially embarrassing questions about size, springiness, thickness (of both the nipple and the metal) and resistance to temporary pain (do I need to sand off the ends? Actually darts sharpeners are really good for this if you use them right but emphatically not if you don't - or is that vice-versa? - a bead shop might be a high-risk venture).

But having been ultra-professional throughout I always have to sneak into the back room for a breather and a silent guffaw.

At heart I'm an old fogey and assume that you shouldn't have anything pierced that doesn't have a hole in it already - but the customer is always right. Most of the time.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Quite a lucrative market that phi, there's tons of alt girls looking for piercing jewellery that stands out from the crowd.

There is no end to what you can hang off a nipple (given the right tools which I can sell you). What you don't want to be doing is messing around with your own nipple which is in most cases hard to reach, unnecessarily painful and liable to lead to bad design choices.

I do get all this government stuff about whether it is lead-free or nickel-free or cadmium-free (yes, it mostly is, and I'll tell you if otherwise). Haven't got a spectroscope so I don't know.

If you want piercing in Weston-super-Mare then there are about 5 places in 100 yards of me that will do it. I'll just sell you the stuff to dangle off it.

SKINNER!

Banned
Debate erupted with the guys here. Probably should post this to MMA GAF but I'm intrigued to hear Britgaf's (especially Smokey) opinion on this.

Better looking female fighter: Ronda Rousey or Miesha Tate?

Google for pics if you aren't familiar with them. I'd be a good lad and post pics but I'm without a PC and its a pain to do on a phone.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Few cans down and Rocky on the box. Quality viewing, gotta finish my Xmas shopping, well today!

Also my dad has his nipple pierced, which I always thought was weird.

SmokyDave

Debate erupted with the guys here. Probably should post this to MMA GAF but I'm intrigued to hear Britgaf's (especially Smokey) opinion on this.

Google for pics if you aren't familiar with them. I'd be a good lad and post pics but I'm without a PC and its a pain to do on a phone.
Ronda-Rousey-Pictures.jpg

Ronda is not amused that you'd even ask. She's in a different league!

(Ronda wins by TKO).

cryptic

Didn't feel like starting a thread so here's my question.

How hard is it to get a work visa for Britain?

Also, what are the odds I'll be able to find a decent job to support me while I intern at some fancy restaurant that won't pay me or house me. Something I can do after 40 + hours of work.

Any help, anyone know?

Also this is a bit tongue in cheek, but it's still a concern, will stepping into Britain reduce my life expectancy as the air is still very bad?
lol

Both very attractive ladies, but I'd have to go with Ronda for sure.

SteveWD40

Honda is the only one who draws the attention of the only man that matters:

My minds telling me no

Caralho

As the man himself said: "Honda Housey, she has the behind like Hump Hoast"

Shame she is getting filled out like an application form by the 209.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
25c in Taipei today.

What month is it again?

I also had to take a medical for my new job. It brought back memories of a "surprise medical" I had while working in Korea. One day I went to work and I was told to take an annual checkup with no prep time whatsoever. Considering I had been up to 3am drinking beer and eating fried chicken this was quite... yeah. A week later the check came back stating I was an obese alcoholic. Good times.

SteveWD40

Also, what are the odds I'll be able to find a decent job to support me while I intern at some fancy restaurant that won't pay me or house me. Something I can do after 40 + hours of work.

Any help, anyone know?

Also this is a bit tongue in cheek, but it's still a concern, will stepping into Britain reduce my life expectancy as the air is still very bad?
lol

Where are you coming from? Pretty sure it's as easy as anywhere to get a 1 year work visa (so no criminal record), after that depends on skills.

I did a year working in Australia on a visa and it was a piece of piss to do online.

Plenty of jobs in Citys, all but London are affordable. After a 40+ hour work week? no idea, call centres are plentiful in the citys, pay pretty well for what they are and you can sit on your arse the whole time I guess.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

Any help, anyone know?

lol

Wouldn't the restaurant you're interning at already have provided you with that in order to legally bring you to the UK in the first place? Or is what you are describing just a euphemism for "I'm from Shenzen and my uncle said I can wash dishes at his Silver Star Dragon restaurant in Dartford as long as I can get past customs, lol."

From what I remember, unless you can prove to customs that you are an "high-value migrant" (i.e. you have a PhD, a shitload of money, or Alex Ferguson thinks you're the next big thing) then you're in for a rough time.

And you have more to worry about our eating & drinking culture than our air quality.

Where are you coming from? Pretty sure it's as easy as anywhere to get a 1 year work visa (so no criminal record), after that depends on skills.

I did a year working in Australia on a visa and it was a piece of piss to do online.

Plenty of jobs in Citys, all but London are affordable. After a 40+ hour work week? no idea, call centres are plentiful in the citys, pay pretty well for what they are and you can sit on your arse the whole time I guess.

Don't play the London hate game. It's totally affordable. And there's probably a lot more opportunities here other than call centre.

SKINNER!

Banned
Sigh, Britgaf has chosen Ronda too... and I was the only one waving the Miesha flag last night.

Edit: Never got round to throwing my two cents about Musha's Xmas party. Ooo-sha! Now that's what I call a great party.

lol

If you open a current account with Kentbank then you get a free bong gas mask.

SteveWD40

Don't play the London hate game. It's totally affordable. And there's probably a lot more opportunities here other than call centre.

I love London, it's way nicer than any other city in the country, it's just a bit pricey.

If you have any tips then by all means share them with the guy :)

I have been working in commercial asset finance for 13 years so excuse my lack of knowledge of what kind of work is out there, when I were a lad it was all fields (and call centres for easy part time work).

Sigh, Britgaf has chosen Ronda too...

92dNr.gif

Darren870

Any help, anyone know?

lol

Where are you from? As mentioned by someone else its near impossible to get visas for the UK. If your from AUS, Canada or EU then you're fine of course.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Just picked up the new Need for Speed game since it's by criteron. If any other boy racers fancy joining me, hit up Jedeye Sniv on XBL.

Gotta go fast!

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Farcry 3. Entered the village low on ammo. Headshotted 2 dudes, capped a dog in the dome then proceeded to knife two other dudes before picking up one of there AK's and finishing the final guy off.

Just got back from the End of the World show at Hammersmith Apollo. It was bloody brilliant, but methinks maybe a tad too nerdy for the boyfriend, not sure he knew what was going on half the time.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
I know talking about pirating games is bannable on here but what are the rules about watching TV shows through 'other' means such as online streaming sites? Can we talk about that?

SKINNER!

Banned
As long as the episode has been aired in the US then its alright to talk about it even if it hasn't officially aired in the UK yet. Just avoid talking about how you watched it. Oh, and don't post your thoughts on a pilot/episode that got leaked before airtime.

Suairyu

Banned
I know talking about pirating games is bannable on here but what are the rules about watching TV shows through 'other' means such as online streaming sites? Can we talk about that?
Mods link to pirated TV shows all the time, so long as it's on YouTube.

But they iffy about it if it's HBO content.

If it's BBC content you could probably press that onto a DVD and sell it and they'd think it was fine because "hey it's already free, right?"

Basically, the NeoGAF moderation approach to piracy is inconsistent and often hypocritical.

Advice: just don't talk about it at all.

f0rk

As long as the episode has been aired in the US then its alright to talk about it even if it hasn't officially aired in the UK yet. Just avoid talking about how you watched it. Oh, and don't post your thoughts on a pilot/episode that got leaked before airtime.
You should be able to talk about a leaked episode considering there's a 3 page thread about an album that leaked a month early. Or maybe its more about the spoiler babies

Kentpaul

You should be able to talk about a leaked episode considering there's a 3 page thread about an album that leaked a month early. Or maybe its more about the spoiler babies

Spoiler babies are the worst product of first world living. Shit makes me rage. We should open this thread up to all spoilers.

See! I told you you'd like it.

It does make me crave just cause 2 for some reason :p, Glad farcry is back though fucking far cry 2 left a brown bad taste.

Awful subject to discuss on gaf. I go out of my way to avoid getting mixed up in that discussion. (Piracy in general)

Asap's new album is growing me like a fur coat that's still alive.

Scotland doesn't go back to work until the 3rd :p We celebrate the new year so hard that our government decided to chuck over an extra day holiday to recover.

Sucks working shifts, I am working on new years day.

My year is ruined, i love getting mad wae it at hogmanay ken wit ah mean man its a offy social event. Wee kiss n handshake at the bells n that

No-one cares if you're discussing TV shows and music that you'd have to acquire via odd means. Hell, all the US mods chatting about Who in the Who threads pre-BBC America...

Obviously the rules have to be different with games, given this is a gaming forum used by hundreds of industry people.

Kentpaul

No-one cares if you're discussing TV shows and music that you'd have to acquire via odd means. Hell, all the US mods chatting about Who in the Who threads pre-BBC America...

Obviously the rules have to be different with games, given this is a gaming forum used by hundreds of industry people.

double standards.

I'm sure a fuck load few tv writers and big musicians post on THE GAF.

Piracy is terrible anyway, Jail the cunts for 5 years. Piracy solved.

Anyway i don't mix my self up in these discussions.

bailout.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom