• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
CHEEZMO are your family jewish or something and don't do Christmas? All-day eating on the 25th is mandatory for all Christian, Agnostic and Atheist citizens of the planet.

No. My family generally have a meal but I'm never a part of it. I joined in a little today (had a small amount of turkey and some roast potatoes which were delicious btw) but that was only because I got myself up in time.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Well, that was a very pleasant Christmas day, if a bit busy on the cooking front. Might have overdone it a bit with that beef en croute - it turned out about the size of a small pillow. But then it did have about a kilo of fillet, two kilos of mushrooms and what felt like a pilllowcase-worth of puff pastry.

Got some left for tomorrow hardly surprisingly.

Want me to mail you some Cheezmo?

Suairyu

Banned
CHEEZMO™;45762759 said:
No. My family generally have a meal but I'm never a part of it. I joined in a little today (had a small amount of turkey and some roast potatoes which were delicious btw) but that was only because I got myself up in time.
Why don't you take part? That seems weird bro.

Mikeside

This Christmas has been awesome.
I've been feeling really detatched from my family lately, which was upsetting me a lot because we used to be so close.
But this Christmas i went shopping with my 14 year old cousin, which was great - we spent the whole time making fun of Hollister and hunting for a gingerbread house kit.
Then had a great couple of days with suz, mum and grandparents - lots of food, prezzies, tv, booze, food, laughs, food and booze!
New christmas love this year: chestnuts. I can't get enough of the fuckers.

Edit: yeah, Cheezmo that doesn't sound fun :( don't you get on with your family?

SKINNER!

Banned
CHEEZMO™;45762759 said:

d2ueX.gif

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
We had chestnuts diced up with bacon, cabbage and sprouts. Yum to the max.

Phisheep, you need to open the official britgaf restaurant.

Strange you should mention that, as the restaurant next-door to our bead shop appears to be up for sale.

Can't afford it right now though (not just the cash, but the time).

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
CHEEZMO™;45762926 said:
It is. But that's the way things are.

Er, Cheeze, if you don't want to talk about this, now might be a good time to say so - or you'll likely be asked all manner of questions. I know there are all sorts of reasons for this sort of stuff from social through religious/allergic/disease/conflict avoidance and a bunch of other things - but if you tease us like this you gonna get a lot of questions you might not be comfortable with.

Happy Christmas anyhow though! Or Happy Boxing Day or something.

Chinner

Banned
lets have a gaf xmas

suriaya can be the dad, musha can be the mum, cheezmo the babby. phi can be the uncle. green scar is the turkey

im next door neighbour tim allen

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
lets have a gaf xmas

suriaya can be the dad, musha can be the mum, cheezmo the babby. phil can be the uncle. green scar is the turkey

im next door neighbour tim allen

I wanna be the kindly old uncle who pops in with pressies after the pub shuts.

EDIT: did you get there before me? Who's Phil?

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
We're a bit short of volunteers for the aged great-aunt role (though this role was somewhat confused in my family, which is predominantly Spiritualist on my father's side, by several great-aunts who kept coming for Christmas several years after they had died).

EDIT: Actually, Smokey would make a wonderful great-aunt - in pantomime dame outfit and wittering on about whatever topic is on the go.

Suairyu

Banned
Smokey will be the old neighbour who calls the 14 year old daughter "nubile" with a wry smile and gets too touchy-feeely after a couple of glasses of port.

Also I've only played Hotline Miami for forty minutes but it might just be my instant GOTY.

Double also I finished Gears 3 campaign today and I quite liked it indeed. Not sure how I'd compare it to the original's PC-like purity of design, but I definitely think it has bested 2.

Chinner

Banned
kent is the lovable drug dealer who pops round randomly at 2am in the morning offering dodgy Es but becomes a born again christian.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
kent is the lovable drug dealer who pops round randomly at 2am in the morning offering dodgy Es but becomes a born again christian.

No, I suspect you have misinterpreted Kent. He is probably the lovable puppy in the box that got pushed behind the Christmas tree and nobody remembered to open. Yet. Needs more whimpers and barks, this scenario.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Smokey will be the old neighbour who calls the 14 year old daughter "nubile" with a wry smile and gets too touchy-feeely after a couple of glasses of port.

Also I've only played Hotline Miami for forty minutes but it might just be my instant GOTY.

Double also I finished Gears 3 campaign today and I quite liked it indeed. Not sure how I'd compare it to the original's PC-like purity of design, but I definitely think it has bested 2.

Did you buy Halo 4? I know I told you it was brilliant but I was blinded by the whole it being Halo 4 thing. It's actually very shit.

I hope you didn't because I'd feel bad.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
I've not had a dry drink all day, from 8am. Fuck my tits. Time for bed, driving down to Sussex tomorrow to see mother!

I love driving boxing day, unusually peaceful and quiet. I imagine I'd have a bit of difficulty finding your Mum's place though - as I've never managed to get my head around what's the difference between Sussex, Surrey and Suffolk.

Got any handy mnemonics?

f0rk

Got some new headphones, drum machine drums can so much lower now. I don't really have the musical vocabulary to describe it, but I'm not sure if they are 100% better or if I need to mess with some EQ stuff. Vocals seem to mix with the music a bit more now.

I love driving boxing day, unusually peaceful and quiet. I imagine I'd have a bit of difficulty finding your Mum's place though - as I've never managed to get my head around what's the difference between Sussex, Surrey and Suffolk.

Got any handy mnemonics?
Aha, you live up near Wales if my memory serves me correctly, no?

There's actually a single road from Surrey that splits West Sussex in half and goes down to the coast at Eastbourne, so that's easy enough. Suffolk, go knows, not sure i've ever been there myself! I'm not sure if it's my brother or I that is driving tomorrow but it's a forgivably hangover-friendly drive from here in Surrey.

It's a hotel near Forest Row and apparently the deer come to your car when you park up. Lovely

Edit: to clarify, my mum isn't Alan Partridge, she doesn't live in a hotel. We are going to the hotel for lunch as its in between our houses.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Good god! Only time I remember driving to Sussex (in this case, Chichester) (and I was in my early twenties) was late at night in a hired two-ton Luton van, the visit there lasted for only two days but involved a great deal of wallpaper, several axes, and rather fewer functioning vehicles than we had started with.

Also involved driving the hired Luton (for some reason towing a rather expensive sports car behind it) all the way back completely full of 1920's limed-oak wardrobes.

Not entirely certain I want to go to Sussex again.

Suairyu

Banned
What gaming do you get done, phisheep? I never actually see you mention anything.

CHEEZMO™;45764488 said:
Did you buy Halo 4? I know I told you it was brilliant but I was blinded by the whole it being Halo 4 thing. It's actually very shit.

I hope you didn't because I'd feel bad.
No, but I did just buy Reach. Looking forward to it, though I hear the weapons are a tad naff.

What's up with Halo 4? Is it the dirty rumour I hear that they changed Halo from being a sandbox shooter in large environments to a corridor shooter?

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
What gaming do you get done, phisheep? I never actually see you mention anything.

No, but I did just buy Reach. Looking forward to it, though I hear the weapons are a tad naff.

What's up with Halo 4? Is it the dirty rumour I hear that they changed Halo from being a sandbox shooter in large environments to a corridor shooter?

No, not that. The singleplayer is "okay" with some good levels but the multi is just shite. Insane graphics tho.

Darren870

CHEEZMO™;45765314 said:
No, not that. The singleplayer is "okay" with some good levels but the multi is just shite. Insane graphics tho.

I liked Multi a lot, I thought it was better then reach. Annoyed that a map pack came out already though.

I put in the Halo Anniversary addition and played multi on that for a while. Only to realize it wasn't complete and was pretty disappointed.

Salvadora

Anyone had laser eye surgery done in here? Looks like it will cost about £3770 for the best choice. Trying to get that sort of money together would be difficult, but I'd pay anything not to have to wear glasses anymore. Can't deny that the risks don't frighten me to death though.

Lirlond

I hardly notice my glasses, and contacts are pretty easy to get. I don't see the point in dropping so much money on something purely cosmetic...

Suairyu

Banned
Anyone had laser eye surgery done in here? Looks like it will cost about £3770 for the best choice. Trying to get that sort of money together would be difficult, but I'd pay anything not to have to wear glasses anymore. Can't deny that the risks don't frighten me to death though.
Can't you just get contacts? Competition from laser surgery has made them so cheap these days.

I hardly notice my glasses, and contacts are pretty easy to get. I don't see the point in dropping so much money on something purely cosmetic...
Well, I'd it's a bit of a leap to call it "purely cosmetic"!

Darren870

Dad got it ages ago, maybe 12-15 years now. He has to wear glasses when reading now but not all the time like he used to.

Salvadora

Can't you just get contacts? Competition from laser surgery has made them so cheap these days.

I had daily contacts and struggled daily with them, I honestly preferred wearing glasses and that's saying something. I've been reading about the prices and apparently this '£395 per eye" stuff depends on how bad your eyesight is, so it could end up costing a lot more. Everyone seems to be recommending to go for the best because of the potential side-effects.

f0rk

Contacts seem like they would be a pain to me. I only wear my glasses for lectures at Uni and get by OK for the rest of the day as I don't drive, but having to mess around with putting little bits of glass (or whatever they are made of) every morning and evening sounds like a lot of effort for my lazy ass. I would probably rather wear my glasses more or cough up for the lasers if my eyesight deteriorated too much.

SKINNER!

Banned

I did it back in November. Best decision I've ever made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom