• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren870

I know there is a poster here (non brit) who is that one bad one. Says he gets double vision, halos, dry eyes and a lot of other issues.

SKINNER!

Banned
It's funny how you read like a 100 reviews saying something similar if not that, but 1 bad review is enough to put doubts in my mind. How much did it cost & who did you use if you don't mind me asking?

Optical Express. I got quoted about the same price as you did when I went for my consultation back in July and they just kept hitting me with offers every month. So I'd suggest not paying immediately after your consultation appointment.

It's such an easy procedure too. Took about 10 minutes. Hell, the pre-checkups before it took 40 mins. The only shit thing about it is the first 20 minutes after the operation when the anesthetic eye drops wears off. Eyes were burning and watering like as if I was physically inserting chopped onions into my eye lids. I just went to bed straight afterwards and woke up 4 hours later all fine*.

*Still had to use eye drop medication and wear stupid sleeping goggles for a week. Eye bruising doesn't go away until after 3 weeks.

Salvadora

I know there is a poster here (non brit) who is that one bad one. Says he gets double vision, halos, dry eyes and a lot of other issues.
Yeah I've been reading some absolute horror stories, people comtamplating suicide and such as a result.
Optical Express. I got quoted about the same price as you did when I went for my consultation back in July and they just kept hitting me with offers every month. So I'd suggest not paying immediately after your consultation appointment.

It's such an easy procedure too. Took about 10 minutes. Hell, the pre-checkups before it took 40 mins. The only shit thing about it is the first 20 minutes after the operation when the anesthetic eye drops wears off. Eyes were burning and watering like as if I was physically inserting chopped onions into my eye lids. I just went to bed straight afterwards and woke up 4 hours later all fine*.

*Still had to use eye drop medication and wear stupid sleeping goggles for a week. Eye bruising doesn't go away until after 3 weeks.
I'm going book a consultation then. I can funnel the money I'm saving from having quit smoking in to it. This is a far better investment than a WiiU :lol

SKINNER!

Banned
Eye dryness and halos/glare are side effects but they say it eventually goes away. Eye dryness went away for me after a month. The halos/glare was so weird during the first couple of weeks. You can still drive and see at night but it was like wearing smudgy glasses whenever you looked at a street lamp or car headlights. There was like this glowing ring around every light source. Everything's totally fine now but I can't tell if it's because the halos have actually decreased/gone or I just got used to it. Minor thing in my opinion. They give you checkups (and plenty of eye lube) after the procedure to make sure your eyes are healing properly.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
What gaming do you get done, phisheep? I never actually see you mention anything.

Not very much over the last few years, as the Wii drought coincided with sick children and business startup. At the moment what I do get done is mostly catch-up on the DS - well, that and trying hard to get into a couple of the more, er, "challenging" games namely Pathologic on PC and Flower, Sun & Rain on DS.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
It must just be my innate Weegie fear of authority here, but I was really getting stressed throughout my visa/residency application. I went to hand in the last documents today and it was probably the most relaxed procedure ever. Extremely courteous guy helped me complete the final paperwork and I should have my residency status back within two weeks.

It's a great feeling going into a new year with your shit together.

Mikeside

Aww, I'm not in the BritGAF family christmas?
That's fine, I'll have my own internet christmas. With blackjack.

And hookers.

Infact, screw the christmas and blackjack.

Darren870

I was considering eye surgery then i made the mistake of watching a video of it.

FUCK THAT SHIT YO.

Which one? This one?

clockwork-orange-eye-i4-01_460_250_80_s_c1.jpg

Happy Christmas, BritGAF. Hope you all got what you wanted, and ate and drank your fill.

I've had glasses since I was 4. I couldn't imagine being without them at this stage. My brother always asks every Christmas if I'd think about getting the surgery, but I don't see the point. I think I would actually miss my glasses, as insane as that probably sounds to some of you.

Darren870

Been sick this xmas and all alone.

Its actually kind of nice, been able to catch up on movies, games and other DIY tasks. Been pretty lazy though.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
:0

What's gonna happen to your wii?

poor wii.

Fired up the Wii today to see what all the fuss is about. Frankly it looks nice enough to me - my eyes are not bleeding and nothing has fallen off.

Maybe it's just me - most of the time I'm really not all that fussed at graphics. I don't even most of the time look at the graphics but rather I look through them at the gameworld.

I suspect too many people who complain about this are just sitting way too close to way too big a screen.

SKINNER!

Banned
So the majority of my CDs decided to collapse like dominos from my CD/DVD storage unit last night/early morning as I was heading to bed. Thought I'd be clever by taking it to the garage today and try to mend it myself but I just ended up making a mess with nails and wood glue. The closest IKEA is miles away from here so I've resorted to browsing the Argos Catalogue (which I'm sure is where I got that old storage unit from) to find a new one. Browsing through the Argos Catalogue when I was little and circling all the shit my parents would never dream of buying for me was such a great way to pass time. #materialism/consumerism

Suairyu

Banned
Went to the panto starring Christopher Biggins and Basil Brush. Dick Wittington.

Left as soon as the intermission hit, right after they performed the Glee version of Don't Stop Believing.

Dear fucking christ was that bad.

Salvadora

Eye dryness and halos/glare are side effects but they say it eventually goes away. Eye dryness went away for me after a month. The halos/glare was so weird during the first couple of weeks. You can still drive and see at night but it was like wearing smudgy glasses whenever you looked at a street lamp or car headlights. There was like this glowing ring around every light source. Everything's totally fine now but I can't tell if it's because the halos have actually decreased/gone or I just got used to it. Minor thing in my opinion. They give you checkups (and plenty of eye lube) after the procedure to make sure your eyes are healing properly.
I've got my consultation on Saturday even though I won't be able to afford it for a couple of months. Quite scared for the price they may quote considering my eyesight is bad and I have astigmatism.
Speaking as someone who has absolutely perfect vision: eye surgery, lol.
I've been getting this a lot from you people with perfect vision! Generally it's a lot of "What's wrong with just wearing glasses", if they wore them they would know!

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Sat watching Tim Burton's Alice with the family. Someone fucking end my life so that I may escape this misery.
I feel your pain buddy. Fucking awful film. I remember walking out of it halfway with my date at the time because it was so bad; I used it as the excuse to pick the movies from then on.

Just get up for a toilet break and never come back.

I wanted to watch some Christmassy tv so I'm watching Miranda for the first time.
This is really unfunny, it's not even so shit that it's entertaining. It's just shit.

Fired up the Wii today to see what all the fuss is about. Frankly it looks nice enough to me - my eyes are not bleeding and nothing has fallen off.

Maybe it's just me - most of the time I'm really not all that fussed at graphics. I don't even most of the time look at the graphics but rather I look through them at the gameworld.

I suspect too many people who complain about this are just sitting way too close to way too big a screen.

What annoys me about quality of stuff like that is when I know something -could- be better. Not like, oh, they could have added more power, but like, at home at Christmas I wonder why Mum has put Channel 4 on instead of 4HD. The SD put on a big screen doesn't bother me, it's how I watch at mine anyway, but knowing that this thing is in better quality in a way that we could be watching... then I start to get annoyed by the inperfections.

SKINNER!

Banned
Sky Broadband is - by far - the worst ISP I have ever come across.

EDIT: What's everyone's plans for the new year? Trying to convince the crew to head to the street party in Edinburgh.

Lirlond

I didn't like the street party when I was there. Too crowded, music wasn't great, food is overexpensive and lousy, you can't leave if you want to eat anything else, the beer at the stalls is overexpensive and lousy, but you can bring in your own.

3Sixty

I'm sure ill end up in some horrendous night club down here. Dodging chavs downing stella whilst trying to find a suitable mate to see the new year in with.

Mikeside

Sky Broadband is - by far - the worst ISP I have ever come across.

EDIT: What's everyone's plans for the new year? Trying to convince the crew to head to the street party in Edinburgh.

I hated Sky broadband - glad we're shot of them here.

New years plans are going to my friend Kev's place, where he's accidentally invited both girls he's casually dating. I absolutely cannot wait.

Hope the party is fun too.

Miranda - funny, but I'm pretty sure you'll only get it if you're a woman.
Mrs Brown's Boys - not funny, I'm pretty sure you'll only get it if you're stuck in the '70's or massively right wing.

Missed all of Xmas telly on Xmas day due to being excessively drunk.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Hated Miranda the first few times I saw it, but it is kind of an acquired taste - thoroughly enjoyed this latest one (in a very silly sort of way).

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
We visited my father's cousin and husband for Christmas and unfortunately they like Mrs Brown's Boys and as a result introduced it to my parents. Hoping they forget about it by the time the next series rolls around.

I perfected the art of the smile and nod over Christmas whenever the phrase "isn't Mrs Brown's Boys good?" popped up.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Miranda - funny, but I'm pretty sure you'll only get it if you're a woman.
Mrs Brown's Boys - not funny, I'm pretty sure you'll only get it if you're stuck in the '70's or massively right wing.

Missed all of Xmas telly on Xmas day due to being excessively drunk.

Oh god not Miranda, I can't stand that bloody woman.

Not funny even by 70s standards. Unfortunately, my mother loves it. Bleh.

My mum loves Mrs. Brown's boys so there's probably something in that. Haven't watched it myself, thought it was supposed to be quite funny though.

There's about half of us in accounts, but only a handful of surveyors, property managers etc.

We're working through lunch and leaving about 3:30.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I'm constantly on the fence about Miranda. I think her show is only not funny because of the elements included in it - it's very stagey, the acting is terrible and muggy, the audience is annoying, it's filmed really boringly. If they somehow fixed these elements it could be quite funny. Miranda herself is a fairly amusing character and is an excellent physical comedian. The supporting cast are just so end of the pier, I find it cringey to watch a lot of the time.

Still, I'd watch 48 hours of it in a row before watching Mrs Brown again.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I think the worst aspect of Mrs Brown is that you think it's all over and then they play one more soundbite of her annoying laugh to kick you in the nads at the end of the credits.

SKINNER!

Banned
Lirlond said:
I didn't like the street party when I was there. Too crowded, music wasn't great, food is overexpensive and lousy, you can't leave if you want to eat anything else, the beer at the stalls is overexpensive and lousy, but you can bring in your own.

Oh for real? good thing my old work colleagues are working early on New Years Day. They'd rather get dat mad stacks than party :<

About to start We3 for the first time. Don't let me down Grant Morrison.

Mr. Sam

I really, really don't like Grant Morrison. I felt like I'd overpaid for We3, and New X-Men hurt my head. Batman and Robin was alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom