• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suairyu

Banned
Did you get the 30th Anniversary Blu-ray, Suairyuyuyu? I'm not sure if I asked you already.
Naw. Already have Final Cut on blu with Dangerous Days doc. That's all I need. I would have considered it if it was in a proper fucking box and didn't have "collectible" bullshit things in it like origami made of metal, but that didn't happen.

All the other cuts of the film are academic curiosities now. Final Cut perfected it.

Will re-buy on whatever format 4K is released on.

Suairyu

Banned
I've never seen any of the other cuts. I've not lived.
I repeat: academic curiosities. They're inferior.

Director's Cut: History will relegate it to the status of an inferior version of Final Cut, not made by Ridley Scott. Contains none of the visual corrections, either.

Theatrical: Awful narration, happy ending and weird editing. Couldn't completely destroy the good film underneath, but I find this painful to watch.

Workprint: A strange curio if you like seeing "work in progress" cuts of films, and was certainly better than the Theatrical, but we have other options now.

Mr. Sam

I repeat: academic curiosities. They're inferior.

Director's Cut: History will relegate it to the status of an inferior version of Final Cut, not made by Ridley Scott. Contains none of the visual corrections, either.

Theatrical: Awful narration, happy ending and weird editing. Couldn't completely destroy the good film underneath, but I find this painful to watch.

Workprint: A strange curio if you like seeing "work in progress" cuts of films, and was certainly better than the Theatrical, but we have other options now.

Suppose I'll stay satisfied with my Final Cut Blu-ray - though I'd like to see just how bad the theatrical cut is, particularly the narration.

Got XCOM, Binary Domain and Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed from the father. Pretty chuffed with that. Nice to give SEGA more money, too. :p

Just picked up Hotline Miami on Steam. Tempted to buy Worms too since it's in a one day sale. Worms anyone?

Of all of the Worms games, I have to admit that Revolution is the best one available on Steam, by virtue of something substantial being added (the water and class system is quite interesting). Reloaded was mediocre, and the less said about Ultimate Mayhem and Crazy Golf, the better.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Just picked up Hotline Miami on Steam. Tempted to buy Worms too since it's in a one day sale. Worms anyone?

PS1 version was fun playing with friends. We used to not kill each other for a good few turns so we could all build bases and get our worms to safety.

Not felt the worms magic in over a decade though.

Hotline Miami has the best soundtrack since vice city

edit fuck me Hotline Miami is a hard game, No wonder chinner stopped playing after 5 minutes

Takeshi's Castle on Challenge TV. How do they come up with these games!?

They're doing more of it next year! Challenge bought the rights to some footage they've yet to use and will turn it in to more episodes.

No word on voiceover yet, no-one's been signed - I'm hoping for Craig Charles again but knowing our luck it'll be Robert Webb as he's not yet the voiceover for everything yet.

Lirlond

After about a year of looking I've managed to get myself a part time job. Fucking finally. Now I too can experience mad stacks. (Though admittedly, not many).

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
They're doing more of it next year! Challenge bought the rights to some footage they've yet to use and will turn it in to more episodes.

No word on voiceover yet, no-one's been signed - I'm hoping for Craig Charles again but knowing our luck it'll be Robert Webb as he's not yet the voiceover for everything yet.

Fuck yes! It wouldn't be the same without Charles, they need to get him on board.

Mr. Sam

After about a year of looking I've managed to get myself a part time job. Fucking finally. Now I too can experience mad stacks. (Though admittedly, not many).

In time. We can't all expect to start off like kentpaul; we must climb the ladder. Oh, and congratulations.

Salvadora

Temp work has to be the worst. Where I am at the moment has great pay, hours & people but yet, I found out that I was coming back after Christmas on the last day we were in, the 20th. They haven't given me a date in January, how long I'll be there for or anything. Anytime you ask management they give you incredibly vague answers that could be interpreted a number of ways. At least I have a job though, I'm thankful for that.

Suairyu

Banned
Never mind kids. Sod the pudding, I'll take you down the pub. Uncle's privilege.
You're the sought of Uncle that parents everywhere hate.

Congrats, bro! Pile them stacks high!

Just checked the bank account to see the damage. £18 to last me January. Fuck Christmas.
Time to pop down to the local Chinese supermarket and stock up on instant noodles!

Kentpaul

Any other movies better than flight i should watch tonight GAF ? I won't be able to top flight but fuck it

Kentpaul

Agreed.

Also, I always enjoy Lost In Translation or Dead Poet Society for some feel-good watching.

Non R rated films aren't worth my time. (Or anyone time)

In flight you have a pilot snorting lines of charly,drinking beer and smoking a joint before flying a fucking jet!

Fucking best film of the year

Kentpaul

In cinemas or just any?

Saw Life of Pi with my parents this evening - that was quite good.

Otherwise, um, No Country For Old Men, Killer Joe, The Raid... I know the names of a lot of films.

Will check out Killer Joe after my documentary for sure, Heard about the raid its a little like DREAD 3D yes ?

If so i like that shit when people fight out from a fucked up SNAFU

Mr. Sam

Will check out Killer Joe after my documentary for sure, Heard about the raid its a little like DREAD 3D yes ?

If so i like that shit when people fight out from a fucked up SNAFU

The Raid and Dredd have pretty much the same "man vs. building" premise, yeah. The Raid has more kung fu though.

SKINNER!

Banned
Best TV game show ever? Best TV game show ever.

Best TV game show in the freakin' universe!

Really wish they'd show the full 1 hour version of the show instead of the shredded version they currently air. Might be a bit repetitive I suppose. They'll bring back Craig Charles. He did come back for Red Dwarf afterall.Would be interesting if they just got different voiceovers for each episode. I'd love to see Tim Westwood do one - and only one - episode.

Congrats man! Remember to make it rain on pay day!

Need a film to watch Kentpaul? If you're in the mood for martial arts then I recommend Ip man.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Just checked the bank account to see the damage. £18 to last me January. Fuck Christmas.
This is what I was like for most of the Steam sales but I couldn't hold back in the end.

eh9fW.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom