• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Sam

Asylum seekers also have rent, electricity etc. paid for them, and are commonly dispersed outside of London. /fancybooklearnin

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
To avoid the Steam sales I just don't open Steam. Of course that has the drawback of never finishing my games. Then again I just have a laptop so I'm not in the market for PC games just at the moment. When I get more room for a desk thus room for a desktop PC I'll be back.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
That's what killed me, I built my own rig this summer and have been digesting games by the truckload. PC gaming is truly the promised land.
Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion?
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.

Subway opening up a franchise of sandwich shops,
Marathon Bars change their name to Snickers.
I watched Jimmy Saville pull down his track-suit bottoms to show off his wonka to teenage girls near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like Tim Burton's films.
Time to do die.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Asylum seekers are given an allowance of £35 a week. True story.

Edit: That reads more Dale Mailey than I intended it to.

Not entirely sure what your point is here. They should be paid more? Paid less? Not paid at all?

I've only been involved in one immigration case, and that was years ago, but if it is any indication then people genuinely seeking asylum want to pay their own way, don't want to be dependent on the state and really hate that they are forced to rely on government handouts because they are not permitted to work.

Now, if the government is going to accept asylum-seekers (which is good) and is going to forbid them to work (which is arguable) then it must do something to support them in the meantime. Unless they have money already of course, but then probably they wouldn't be seeking asylum.

I don't see a problem with that. Well, except that the whole damn process should be speeded up about ten times.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
-----DAILY MAIL VERSION 2.24 ©ARSEHOLESOFT-----
10 QUERY - IS IMMIGRANT IN JAIL "YES" GOTO 30 "NO" GOTO 20
20 PRINT "LOCK IMMIGRANT UP"
30 PRINT "COSTS SO MUCH BROKEN BRITAIN HANG EM ALL"

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
If you go to Tesco.com and search for 'everyday value' then sort it from price low to high, the results are quite surprising! I needn't be worried, I'm going to live like a king!

SKINNER!

Banned
Shit guys. I'm getting dragged to watch a footy game tomorrow (Scottish first division game lololol) and I haven't taken out any life insurance. What do I do when they all start chanting?

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Shit guys. I'm getting dragged to watch a footy game tomorrow (Scottish first division game lololol) and I haven't taken out any life insurance. What do I do when they all start chanting?

Ulsa9.jpg

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

Any chance it's Airdrie vs. Patrick?

That's a fairly decent rivalry.

3Sixty

If you go to Tesco.com and search for 'everyday value' then sort it from price low to high, the results are quite surprising! I needn't be worried, I'm going to live like a king!

The sausage and mash is like 95p and it's not even that bad (With loads of salt and pepper)

Suairyu

Banned
So today I do some bonding with my sister's boyfriend. He's bringing his PC over and we're going to be playing Borderlands 2 all day. There'll even be pizza.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.

Shout a loud noise going with the melody of the chanting. Learn the odd word they say and predict when it will be said next and say it along with your loud noise shouting.

Run out the stadium after the match holding a bottle of buckfast like a baseball bat, Run into the rivals roaring. If cornered break the bottle and use it to scare them off before jumping into a cab and bailing the situation.

Anyway guys, Fuck indie games are awesome. I'm going to buy a shitload more of indie games on steam for 2013. They hold my attention a shitload longer than so called AAA games.

Sorry Sniv but fuck farcry 3 got old after 45 minutes.

4 Hours into Hotline Miami. Its a buzz getting the perfect run after a good hour of practice at a level.

Kentpaul

It is a fantastic game. I also recommend FTL. It'll make you feel like Adama from Battlestar.

I will jump into FTL next paydal. My bank balance is in double digits so i can't be fucking around with these minor figures i have left.

Sorry Sniv but fuck farcry 3 got old after 45 minutes

I agree that after the first hour you've basically been introduced to everything you're going to encounter in the rest of the game, but that doesn't stop each subsequent base assault from being exciting to plan and execute. There's a wonderful simplicity to just wandering around an expansive, beautiful open world when the gunplay is this good.

I very rarely shout "holy shit" during games but trekking up a mountain path only to hear an enemy vehicle driving rapidly towards me, shooting the driver in the head and jumping out of the way just in time to see the vehicle career off the edge of the mountain and explode as it hit the ground was definitely a "holy shit" moment given how unscripted it all was. It doesn't even sound special as I write it out now, but at the time it was great.

Kentpaul

I agree that after the first hour you've basically been introduced to everything you're going to encounter in the rest of the game, but that doesn't stop each subsequent base assault from being exciting to plan and execute. There's a wonderful simplicity to just wandering around an expansive, beautiful open world when the gunplay is this good.

I very rarely shout "holy shit" during games but trekking up a mountain path only to hear an enemy vehicle driving rapidly towards me, shooting the driver in the head and jumping out of the way just in time to see the vehicle career off the edge of the mountain and explode as it hit the ground was definitely a "holy shit" moment given how unscripted it all was. It doesn't even sound special as I write it out now, but at the time it was great.

The random encounters in farcry 3 are far to easy, another flaw. The gunplay in MIAMI HOTLINE is awesome. Strolling into a room with a big long silenced pistol introducing fools to the afterlife one bullet at a time.

In regard to farcry 3 i found JUST CAUSE 2 to be the better game in the tropical island department. Flying a plane from a little beach runway into the sky's FTW.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

It's an odd game in that it has a very specific kind of progression of how you feel about it. The first couple of hours are like WOW and the open world is so amazing. And I agree that this gets old rather quickly. But then the missions themselves are very entertaining and OTT, I think a lot of players are forgetting about them. The outposts are ok but the missions are a lot more fun.

All my 360 games have been abandoned this xmas anyway, I've been playing naught but Baldur's Gate on my iPad, shit is insanely good, I must have spent 60 hours on it in the past 2 weeks. Then I have FFIV and Vice City still to play, while dipping in for races on Need for Speed back on the 360. Fuck yeah christmas holidays!!

Darren870

I feel like this is the same with all the far cry games. They are so advanced and really have wow moments, but in the end they get old pretty fast.

Far Cry 2 got old to me when I started having to set traps and all that weird crap. Never beat it and regret buying it. Kinda glad I skipped 3...maybe when it price drops.

Kentpaul

I feel like this is the same with all the far cry games. They are so advanced and really have wow moments, but in the end they get old pretty fast.

Far Cry 2 got old to me when I started having to set traps and all that weird crap. Never beat it and regret buying it. Kinda glad I skipped 3...maybe when it price drops.

The map editor on consoles sold me for Far cry 2, Me and my friends had some food fun on that.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

FarCry 1 being the odd one out of course. It was open enough to be "open" but still linear enough not to overstay its stay. That and Crytek don't have Ubisoft OCD syndrome of course. No diamonds, flags, or other shit to collect here.

I stopped giving a fuck about FarCry 2 when the game decided to restart itself in the second map. Game designers really need to cut that sort of shit out. Things should not move that quickly all in one whack.

The funny thing being that I then bought FC2 again on 360 (my original was the UK PS3 CE), sold it. Then bought it on Steam - never played it. Then got it for free on the American PS Plus but the saves aren't compatible.

But unless I managed to keep my UK PS3 save and get another UK version I generally zero interest in playing FC2 ever again. I figure I'll get FC3 eventually.

Kentpaul

http://www.daftynews.com/naedanger.htm

Wee Danny from the east end of Glasgow told our reporters last night: “Nae Danger is magic, I pure love it! It's great before a game of fitba up at the Fives and it's great for curing hangovers. In fact, I drink it wi ma lunch oan the building sites and for a very good price this wee drink is the business.”

Big Hutchy, an unemployed father-of-seven, agreed with wee Danny when he said: “Totally man. This drink gies me a real energy buzz and it means it exactly whit it says oan the tin—including the price! whit mare can ye ask for?”

Suairyu

Banned
So Borderlands 2...

Great art.

Lovely loot.

Hilarious writing and performances.

Quality questing system.

... but the base gunplay is just so unsatisfying. Pulling a trigger doesn't feel powerful, monsters don't react, winning battles is more a war of attrition than a game of skill... it just feels so, I dunno, like an MMO.

Put four hours into it in co-op and it still hasn't clicked. Might try it in single player to see if that changes the dynamic, but so far I'm disappointed. The design of the game is perfect for me; I just wish the gameplay was as well.

Juicy Bob

CHEEZMO™;45868209 said:
Just finished AC 3 right now. I have no idea wtf happened in the ending.

ME 3's was better. Great game tho.
I want to play AC3. I played the first two ages ago and loved the story. Only problem is, I can't really remember what went down at the end and I really can't be arsed to play Brotherhood and Revelations to catch up with everything else going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom