• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year I had some friends over to my flat, we got utterly ruined, then went onto the roof terrace of my (then) office to see the Fireworks by the Thames. We stumbled up the stairs, pissed as anything, with a few bottles of bubbly and some champagne flutes, shouting and singing, only to find my Managing Director up there in the corner with his wife. Oopsie.

I've been ordered to get "spirits" of some kind, despite vodka (the only one I would actually drink) being sorted already. So I'm probably just gonna turn up with a crate of cider and the biggest "fuck off" grin I can manage. Cheeky sods.

I've been ordered to get "spirits" of some kind, despite vodka (the only one I would actually drink) being sorted already. So I'm probably just gonna turn up with a crate of cider and the biggest "fuck off" grin I can manage. Cheeky sods.

Come on, man, if you're in charge of spirits you have to deliver big time. That's a key ingredient!

Come on, man, if you're in charge of spirits you have to deliver big time. That's a key ingredient!

I'm not in charge though! Everyone got told to bring some spirits, and all the bases are already covered. Anything I bring will a) be unnecessary and b) not be drank by me, because I drink beer, cider and fuck all else.

I may just provide an extra bottle of shitty vodka to not seem like a scrote, but I ain't happy about it. Fuckers were supposed to be coming to my place. How am I supposed to get drunk when I know this douchebag's nan is in. #bestnyeever

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
So are the credits to Hitman Absolution on a loop or are they really this long? I have only been paying half attention to it.

SmokyDave

I've been pissed since Xmas eve. That's good going, even for me.

Currently blasting out some Elgar and contemplating invading my next-door neighbours. They're French y'see.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
CHEEZMO™;45895556 said:
Is it a Ubisoft game?

God don't remind me of AC3, that shit just kept going. It is on a loop btw for some reason.

Juicy Bob

Coursework I thought I'd messed up and knew I missed stuff... highest mark in the class sup bitches.
#SWAG

Also, I had that a couple of times doing my degree. I handed in something I wasn't happy with and thought was pretty average at best, but still got a great mark for it. It was just like '...how?'.

f0rk

I had a job interview the same week as hand in so finished it the weekend before then focused on interview prep. It took ages but whatever. Then during the week the lecturer started answering questions people had emailed her and completely changing the game up but I was too stressed out / lazy to do much more work so just gave it in with small changes. It's only 10% of the module but I wish it was more now :<

Mikeside

Goddamn Musha we're mirroring each other again. Going to bust out Arkham Horror and have an epic session with pals.

Wow, coincidence! I got Arkham Horror for Christmas and played my first session today!
Any tips from a seasoned player? I hear you can play on your own - How is solo gaming?

Suairyu

Banned
Wow, coincidence! I got Arkham Horror for Christmas and played my first session today!
Any tips from a seasoned player? I hear you can play on your own - How is solo gaming?
Ultimate tip:

Arkham Horror Rules Summary

The official manual, while comprehensive, is shit. Very hard to follow. Take the above PDF and print out the first two pages (base game rules summary) double sided onto card and then laminate it. That's your new rulebook.

Soloing is a great way to learn the rules, which in turn makes teaching others easier, but it makes the game near impossible to win if you're new to it. I recommend making it easier by allowing only doing the Mythos phase every other round, as that gives you a fighting chance.

It's a complicated game and so when introducing it to friends you have to have your shit down, else they'll just be put off. If you get a group of you working together there are few boardgames as rewarding and fun, but you as party host need to put in that rule familiarisation legwork. The summary pdf helps immensely with that.

I personally recommend going all atmospheric and doing corny American film noir accents as well.

And just make sure everyone knows the average game is four hours long.

If your crew isn't used to long, co-op boardgames, a fantastic introduction would be Pandemic which is much less rules heavy and focuses on a theme everyone understands.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Completed Hotline Miami. Only game to hold my attention to the end for a long ass time, It was also HARD. I can see my self going back and replaying this game every few months. Its up there with the likes of super mario bros as one of my favourite games of all time. Also spent my last fiver i had in my bank on FASTER THAN LIGHT. Oh man indie games are the way forward.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Intended to get a bottle of JD for new years. Turns out 70cl bottles of Sailor Jerry's was on offer at Saino's for £13.
#BALLIN'

Mikeside

Ultimate tip:

Arkham Horror Rules Summary

The official manual, while comprehensive, is shit. Very hard to follow. Take the above PDF and print out the first two pages (base game rules summary) double sided onto card and then laminate it. That's your new rulebook.

Soloing is a great way to learn the rules, which in turn makes teaching others easier, but it makes the game near impossible to win if you're new to it. I recommend making it easier by allowing only doing the Mythos phase every other round, as that gives you a fighting chance.

It's a complicated game and so when introducing it to friends you have to have your shit down, else they'll just be put off. If you get a group of you working together there are few boardgames as rewarding and fun, but you as party host need to put in that rule familiarisation legwork. The summary pdf helps immensely with that.

I personally recommend going all atmospheric and doing corny American film noir accents as well.

And just make sure everyone knows the average game is four hours long.

If your crew isn't used to long, co-op boardgames, a fantastic introduction would be Pandemic which is much less rules heavy and focuses on a theme everyone understands.

Thanks a bunch for this - our group are fairly seasoned boardgamers, but yeah - I got Pandemic a couple of years ago and whilst it's fun, it wasn't really meaty enough to hold my attention, whereas I think there's enough to Arkham Horror that we'll be kept entertained :)

Am going to check out the pdf now and hopefully we'll be playing again tomorrow (with incredible hangovers :( )

Kentpaul

Intended to get a bottle of JD for new years. Turns out 70cl bottles of Sailor Jerry's was on offer at Saino's for £13.
#BALLIN'

Got half a bottle of JD next to me right now, Not drinking tonight though. It will be fun getting pulled over by the police tomorrow morning at 5.40am with them expecting an easy DUI bust only to waste there time.

Going to a friends house tonight to sit sober while all my friends drink.

Suairyu

Banned
Thanks a bunch for this - our group are fairly seasoned boardgamers, but yeah - I got Pandemic a couple of years ago and whilst it's fun, it wasn't really meaty enough to hold my attention, whereas I think there's enough to Arkham Horror that we'll be kept entertained :)

Am going to check out the pdf now and hopefully we'll be playing again tomorrow (with incredible hangovers :( )
That website has tons of rules summaries for games. I highly recommend checking the others out.

Happy gaming!

I'm still trying to decide what boardgame to get next.

Kentpaul

First pint of ice cold water was refreshing gaf, Cant wait to be ultra hydrated for 2013.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
First Sailor Jerry and Dr. Pepper is going down beautifully.

Can't wait to be incredibly slaughtered in 2013.

Suairyu

Banned
Surprise surprise, Queen Flake and her boyfriend Master Flake McFlakinton totally flaked on my boardgame extravaganza, so now it's just me and the current object of affection. Movie night it is.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I'm having a properly boring new years and tbh I'm kinda loving it. Party plans fell through so me and Mrs Sniv went to the pictures to see Life of Pi (was beautiful), got a kebbie burger on the way home (was delicious) and am now settling down to watch some Peep show and drink some beers.

So good.

Chinner

Banned
yeah my plans fell through, and gf is still at work. wanted to watch from russia with love but housemate came back today and has hijacked the telly. shall play videogames instead.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Happy New Year!

ZD6LE.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom