• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
happy new year britGAF!

Wife has gone to bed so that's me on my own. Lowest key new year ever, but I've really enjoyed it. Feels special.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
1FC31806-42B9-41BF-9008-C4A49E80D1C8-2250-000000D65CDE4812.jpg

Happy new year Britgaf! Seeing the new year in at the Warehouse Project in Manchester with some work buds! Throwing shapes and gurning the night away :) hope you all have a fantastic new year!

Chinner

Banned
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/jillsandwich/1FC31806-42B9-41BF-9008-C4A49E80D1C8-2250-000000D65CDE4812.jpg[IMG]

Happy new year Britgaf! Seeing the new year in at the Warehouse Project in Manchester with some work buds! Throwing shapes and gurning the night away :-) hope you all have a fantastic new year![/QUOTE]

did you buy some dodgy Es?

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Holy shit I went through the full 70cl bottle of Sailor Jerry tonight. No wonder I was pissed.

Top night.

SKINNER!

Banned
Just beat Hotline Miami. Haven't been this cheerfully frustrated since playing NES games when I was little. Sweet soundtrack too.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
We can thank our UK law for not being totally shit right now:

I smiled when I read it.

Not wishing to put too much of a damper on this, but I'm pretty sure that this wouldn't stand up in court, because of regulation 13(1)(a) - that you can't cancel the supply of services once the supply has started (in this case I guess that's when the download starts).

This bit in the Steam Subscriber agreement is also rather annoying (though it is arguably unfair):
You agree that this Agreement shall be deemed to have been made and executed in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg and that it is subject to the laws of Luxembourg

So don't all start rushing out and trying it, eh?

Suairyu

Banned
Not wishing to put too much of a damper on this, but I'm pretty sure that this wouldn't stand up in court, because of regulation 13(1)(a) - that you can't cancel the supply of services once the supply has started (in this case I guess that's when the download starts).
Shh! Don't ruin the dream!

Though wouldn't the Luxembourg bit fall down in court? Regardless of what they made you agree to, the transaction factually took place from a UK IP address, to a company presenting a UK-specific store. This isn't a case of someone visiting a Luxembourg online store and importing.

How to save the games industry: beat everyone still pining over Versus XIII over the head until they start playing enough other games to stop caring.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Shh! Don't ruin the dream!

Though wouldn't the Luxembourg bit fall down in court? Regardless of what they made you agree to, the transaction factually took place from a UK IP address, to a company presenting a UK-specific store. This isn't a case of someone visiting a Luxembourg online store and importing.

Usually the courts will try to give effect to anything that's in a contract - including jurisdiction clauses. That's why, for example, most maritime cases come to the English courts since that's what the contract says.

I imagine that Valve/Steam - like Apple, Google and goodness knows who else - has headquartered itself in Luxembourg for tax avoidance reasons (boo hiss), hence the clause.

But I doubt very much it would stand up in a consumer contract because of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Britgaf i need your aid, this shit has become rediculous. I am on a Virgin 20mb download line, and over the past few months it has gone from shitty to worse, now for the last few weeks there has been downtime and when its up it goes from good to bad in a matter of seconds, regardless of whether you are using it to download or just normally. I have decided they can go fuck themselves and im looking for a new ISP. Any recommendations? Ive been with sky and bt (albeit some years ago) and both were equally terrible.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Britgaf i need your aid, this shit has become rediculous. I am on a Virgin 20mb download line, and over the past few months it has gone from shitty to worse, now for the last few weeks there has been downtime and when its up it goes from good to bad in a matter of seconds, regardless of whether you are using it to download or just normally. I have decided they can go fuck themselves and im looking for a new ISP. Any recommendations? Ive been with sky and bt (albeit some years ago) and both were equally terrible.

I've been with BT for about 10 years now and had very little problem with speed or downtime. Problem was that when there was downtime (only ever twice in that time) their customer service was incredibly ropey - they give a much better service to their wholesale customers than they do to retail. Also expensive.

Before switching, worth checking your router - I have had occasional problems with dying routers that weren't the ISPs fault.

Other than that, I don't have particular suggestions to make.

Mikeside

I've been with BT for about 10 years now and had very little problem with speed or downtime. Problem was that when there was downtime (only ever twice in that time) their customer service was incredibly ropey - they give a much better service to their wholesale customers than they do to retail. Also expensive.

Before switching, worth checking your router - I have had occasional problems with dying routers that weren't the ISPs fault.

Did you get a wiiu yet? Bought one as a Christmas prezzie for myself.

Friend I'd thing is IamMikeside, as anyone else?

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Did you get a wiiu yet? Bought one as a Christmas prezzie for myself.

Friend I'd thing is IamMikeside, as anyone else?

Not yet. Needs sales to pick up a bit first - therefore weather/advertising/online etc. Probably April-ish before the cashflow is comfortable enough.

Mikeside

NNID you mean. Mine is ChucklingIdiot.

Great, you can be my second friend!

Phisheep - hopefully there'll be a few more worthwhile games by then, I'm enjoying ZombiU and Nintendoland right now, with Sonic Racing Transformed on the way but i cant wait for the first party offering to thicken up!

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member

I hate BT customer service with a passion. Indian people who can't understand my accent, running tests from the other side of the world and then they tell me 'no, everything is fine'. I was stuck with dial-up speeds for 2 weeks because they wouldn't believe me that something was wrong. I even told they just had to reset my IP profile!

Now I'm angry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom