• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
Is there anything I can do about this? Any way of nullifying the contract or something? I'm pretty sick of it and just want to be able to use my goddamn phone :(

I had such a shit time with Three I bit the bullet and paid off the rest of my contract to get away from them. Now have this:

cXXcJ.png

Three's customer service was awful.

f0rk

I was thinking about getting a 4G Lumia 920 but EE prices are ridiculous and you don't even get it unless you live in a major city.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I'd say 2 weeks. Maybe 1 if you are lucky. I just did it in August and it was about 2 weeks.

2 weeks of renting DVD'S and watching free view it is then. Major Sigh life without the internet is pretty much life in a prison but with freedom. I can see my self using my S3 as MODEM and just net browsing with images ect turned off.

SKINNER!

Banned
Gah, walked into the house half an hour ago and my parents are watching old videotapes from 1993. Awkward at first but it got pretty interesting when they started telling stories about the most insignificant things on screen like "Remember when we got those mugs?" and "I can't believe I watched cricket back then". Feels weird when I see myself playing gameboy and the tiny memory bits comes flashing back. lolol at 90s TV though and the Ice Cream ads.

Fuck, I just found out the exact age I started wearing glasses. 6 years old.

3Sixty

3 have always been shit from day 1.

Been with T-Mobile for years and always been solid. Get my upgrade this month, thinking Lumia 920 but doubt ill bother going for LTE.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
704883_374065476021124_216701174_o.jpg

Check my awesome car chilling in the highlands of bonny Scotland Post your cars YALL!

also 90s > all

Mikeside

I had such a shit time with Three I bit the bullet and paid off the rest of my contract to get away from them. Now have this:

cXXcJ.png

Three's customer service was awful.

The thing that puts me off EE 4G is the caps. I don't want to pay £50 a month for 1-2GB, I expect 5GB for that kinda moolah

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I still maintain that I've never had any major problems with Three in my 3/4 years of being with them.

£30/month atm gets me 5000 texts, 500 minutes and (literally) unlimited data. In December i used 3.08gb data thanks to google music. If I didn't have that unlimited data plan I'd be totally screwed.

Signal's always great for me too, especially in Newcastle. Never have an issue using Google Music or streaming HD (720p) videos.

Mikeside

I still maintain that I've never had any major problems with Three in my 3/4 years of being with them.

£30/month atm gets me 5000 texts, 500 minutes and (literally) unlimited data. In December i used 3.08gb data thanks to google music. If I didn't have that unlimited data plan I'd be totally screwed.

Signal's always great for me too, especially in Newcastle. Never have an issue using Google Music or streaming HD (720p) videos.

Oh I really love 3 Mobile, but the shit signal has made it unusable for me

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
I have The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings sitting on my Kindle and I'm going to start them soon. I take it I read The Hobbit first?

SKINNER!

Banned
I'm wondering if I should pick up the Tomb Raider collection. Only played Tomb Raider 3 and completed Tomb Raider Legend. hmmm.

SKINNER!

Banned
Anniversary is great. Play dat shit. Underworld is good too, Legend is probably the weakest of the three.

I heard horror stories about Angel of Darkness.

Thinking about picking up Anniversary, Tomb Raider 2, Tomb Raider 3 (I do have the 1998 CD kicking around somewhere but I'm not sure it'll work on W7) , Last Revelation and Chronicles. Damn you Steam and your sales.

Oh, the Steam collection, you mean? Angel of Darkness is probably the weakest link.

...Those old PS1 games aren't very good, though. Not now. Especially now Anniversary exists. At most, get 2.

Suairyu

Banned
Anniversary is great. Play dat shit. Underworld is good too, Legend is probably the weakest of the three.
I will not have a bad word said against Legend. Unlike Anniversary, it had its own identity.

And I'm a devout Core Tomb Raider > Crystal Tomb Raider guy, too.

I will not have a bad word said against Legend. Unlike Anniversary, it had its own identity.

I didn't mean that as a bad word, only that comparatively it's the lesser game. Anniversary is a remake- of course it doesn't have its own identity! What it does have is a ruddy great dinosaur, though.

And I'm a devout Core Tomb Raider > Crystal Tomb Raider guy, too.

Oh, so you're beyond help, then. :p

Suairyu

Banned
I didn't mean that as a bad word, only that comparatively it's the lesser game. Anniversary is a remake- of course it doesn't have its own identity! What it does have is a ruddy great dinosaur, though.
A dinosaur that was changed from a dynamic fight in the original to a glorified QTE sequence.

The entire thing was just a lesser version of the original.

Legend was something new and a take on the pop culture perception of Lara. It wasn't classic Tomb Raider, but it felt good.

Underworld was the smartest modernisation of classic Tomb Raider we've ever seen. Crystal finally nailed the formula, and had they been given an extra year of development time, the finished game would have been better than Core's efforts. But it was rushed out in an unfinished state and it showed.

Suairyu

Banned
Tomb Raider Legend was my first 1000/1000 on 360. And that was after I'd 100% the PS2 and PC versions already. Infinitely replayable.

Suairyu

Banned
If the original didn't have terrible controls, sure! That tank movement, hnnngggg.
Inelegant and outdated, not terrible.

The controls allowed for precision platforming and level design that was more than just "jump at the glowing white ledges and we'll do the work for you, including increasing Lara's jumping distance to match the gap!"

Suairyu

Banned
Okay, no, guys, the worst:

All those posters who go into the "Show off your GF/Fiance/Wife/Lover. (Be Nice)" just to repeatedly post "omg im so lonely why did i click this thread fuck this thread o god im in love with your gf waaaaah"

SKINNER!

Banned
Controls in the older TR games wasn't the main problem in my opinion. You tolerated and mastered it as you progressed. It was the camera that got me irate. That and I always confused the green/brown walls with ledges. There was a lot of frustrated cuss words thrown around followed by "Press start > Down arrow key > load game > Save file #1"

Mikeside

I still say the next meet up should be in manx or something. Easier for us on the sidelines to get there!

If we're going full-UK meetup then we'll probably need to book a block of rooms because so many people will need to crash.

Am well up for that thoguh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom