• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The thing about Newcastle is that whenever I read the name all I can think of is the Look And Read show Geordie Racer. I'll be well disappointed if the sky isn't filled with racing pigeons.

I don't mind going elsewhere for a meet up, but when we decide where, someone from that place has to organise the whole thing.

If we go up north I will be fully expecting Kent to come.

SKINNER!

Banned
I don't mind going elsewhere for a meet up, but when we decide where, someone from that place has to organise the whole thing.

If we go up north I will be fully expecting Kent to come.

Kentpaul will be dragged out of Falkirk against his will if a big Scot meetup is organised. I'm sure myself and Lirlond can whip up a sweet itinerary. If anything, Kentpaul can give us a tour of the infamous Falkirk Wheel.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Kentpaul will be dragged out of Falkirk against his will if a big Scot meetup is organised. I'm sure myself and Lirlond can whip up a sweet itinerary. If anything, Kentpaul can give us a tour of the infamous Falkirk Wheel.

I would tan a bottle of bucky on the train to Glasgow and attend the meetup for a few drinks before bailing and entering back into the borders of Falkirk.

scotland-falkirk.gif

SmokyDave

Watch it dave i grew up in bonnybridge..

The picture was simply to illustrate the borders of Falkirk.

Now this makes sense:

In recent years Bonnybridge has become known as the scene of numerous UFO sightings. It forms part of the "Falkirk Triangle", an area stretching from Stirling to the outskirts of Edinburgh. UFO enthusiasts claim that Bonnybridge is the world's number one UFO location, with an average of around 300 sightings a year.

Kentpaul

Because my thoughts and opinions differer from the general consensus that means i was adducted by aliens ? Dave is from Nottingham, He must be in a gang and drive around with a sawn off shotgun on his lap. Chinner is from leeds he must be a straight talking mono toned square.

SmokyDave

Because my thoughts and opinions differer from the general consensus that means i was adducted by aliens ? Dave is from Nottingham, He must be in a gang and drive around with a sawn off shotgun on his lap. Chinner is from leeds he must be a straight talking mono toned square.

Stop being such a sensitive flower, it doesn't suit you.

And, yeah, being from Notts I've indulged in a few teen pregnancies and a firearm or two. It's part of the citizenship test.

SmokyDave

I was born in Notts, I don't remember no guns. Maybe that's why we had to leave.

For all the 'Shottingham' and 'Assassination City' jokes, it's not bad at all 'round here. There was an issue with gangs and gun crime in the mid-90's, up to about 2005 but since then we've nailed it and nowadays it seems like we're all peaceful and happy.

God knows how they thought this place was the most dangerous place in England a few years back, it really isn't.

Kentpaul

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004JXYDU2/

Can't wait to make my kitchen an awesome homely place when i move into my new GAF. I'm going to buy the most awesome shit from amazon money can buy for my home. Every detail of my house will be EYE APPEALING. This will be my fucking sanctuary.

For all the 'Shottingham' and 'Assassination City' jokes, it's not bad at all 'round here. There was an issue with gangs and gun crime in the mid-90's, up to about 2005 but since then we've nailed it and nowadays it seems like we're all peaceful and happy.

God knows how they thought this place was the most dangerous place in England a few years back, it really isn't.

Once the big players from the 90s start getting paroled from prison the troubles will start back up.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004JXYDU2/

Can't wait to make my kitchen an awesome homely place when i move into my new GAF. I'm going to buy the most awesome shit from amazon money can buy for my home. Every detail of my house will be EYE APPEALING. This will be my fucking sanctuary.

Once the big players from the 90s start getting paroled from prison the troubles will start back up.

Kent you're in your early 20s. If it's not a rat infested shithole you're doing it wrong.

Kentpaul

Kent you're in your early 20s. If it's not a rat infested shithole you're doing it wrong.

Its an awesome flat man, the last people who lived there really decorated the place fucking aweosmly, I'l need to add my home touches though. I will be using a 22INCH HD tv for a few months though lol, Shit's small but 1080p so it wont be to bad. I'm so hyped gaf, Ain't been this hyped since i got my car.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Its an awesome flat man, the last people who lived there really decorated the place fucking aweosmly, I'l need to add my home touches though. I will be using a 22INCH HD tv for a few months though lol, Shit's small but 1080p so it wont be to bad. I'm so hyped gaf, Ain't been this hyped since i got my car.

lol maybe it's just me then! I left home with Mrs Sniv at 18 and we've still never quite gotten the hang of having a tidy grownup house. Too many comics and toys and clothes strewn over the place.

It looks nice when it's tidy. But daaaaamn so much effort!

Kentpaul

lol maybe it's just me then! I left home with Mrs Sniv at 18 and we've still never quite gotten the hang of having a tidy grownup house. Too many comics and toys and clothes strewn over the place.

Activate a tidy as you go policy, or introduce amphetamine to the household for a cleaning aid.

I'm so looking forward to shopping for homely shit, Fuck yeah!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Activate a tidy as you go policy, or introduce amphetamine to the household for a cleaning aid.

I'm so looking forward to shopping for homely shit, Fuck yeah!

Fuck tidy as you go, I have more important things to be doing with my valuable seconds. Like staring at the wall or picking my nose. Very important business.

We're so lazy we haven't even printed out a wedding picture for the frame someone gave us. It's got a picture of a man we don't know in it instead. But tbh we've had the frame and the old man up long enough that he's become part of the family now.

This is pretty much me too. We just have so much stuff, because we both really like stuff, and we buy a lot of stuff, but then there's no room for the stuff, so it just gets put anywhere. I need to do a really big clear out and just get rid of a load of stuff. The boyfriend won't be very happy, he doesn't like getting rid of stuff.

Mikeside

Fuck tidy as you go, I have more important things to be doing with my valuable seconds. Like staring at the wall or picking my nose. Very important business.

We're so lazy we haven't even printed out a wedding picture for the frame someone gave us. It's got a picture of a man we don't know in it instead. But tbh we've had the frame and the old man up long enough that he's become part of the family now.

This is pretty much me too. We just have so much stuff, because we both really like stuff, and we buy a lot of stuff, but then there's no room for the stuff, so it just gets put anywhere. I need to do a really big clear out and just get rid of a load of stuff. The boyfriend won't be very happy, he doesn't like getting rid of stuff.

It's like staring into a mirror. A mirror carefully placed on top of an Amazon.co.uk box full of assorted cables from sometime around 8 months ago when I needed a firewire cable for some reason. YES I'LL GET AROUND TO FINDING SOMEWHERE TO PUT THEM. LATER. I CAN'T DO IT RIGHT NOW, WHERE ELSE AM I SUPPOSED TO PUT THE FUCKING MIRROR IF I MOVE THEM?!

Mikeside

Not bought, renting a flat.

I really want to move back out :(

I get on really well with my mum, but living back home just ain't the same.

I got to drive my new car today to take it to the garage and back as it needed a few bits doing to it. Just gotta get the tires sorted now and it'll be good to go. :D

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
It's like staring into a mirror. A mirror carefully placed on top of an Amazon.co.uk box full of assorted cables from sometime around 8 months ago when I needed a firewire cable for some reason. YES I'LL GET AROUND TO FINDING SOMEWHERE TO PUT THEM. LATER. I CAN'T DO IT RIGHT NOW, WHERE ELSE AM I SUPPOSED TO PUT THE FUCKING MIRROR IF I MOVE THEM?!

hahaha. I still have cables and adapters around the place from devices lost a decade ago. YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN YOU WILL NEED THEM AGAIN!

SKINNER!

Banned
Remastering the EP already Jedeye? It hasn't even been out for a year :p Gotta give it at least 10 years and then add a few bonus tracks to it.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Remastering the EP already Jedeye? It hasn't even been out for a year :p Gotta give it at least 10 years and then add a few bonus tracks to it.

lol :p it's just louder. Our drummer mixed it and he's all about dynamic range and vinyl and flac and all that shit. Me and the guitarist bugged him about it after hearing radio compression butcher the fuck outta Lost Cat, so now we have some beefier mixes out there that kick properly.

And since I'm still in full on pimp mode having sent out dozens of emails, anyone in UKGAF that's not heard it yet should head on over to http://parachuteforgordo.bandcamp.com

Phew right that's enough pimpage for one day, I'm well tired now!

Mikeside

lol :p it's just louder. Our drummer mixed it and he's all about dynamic range and vinyl and flac and all that shit. Me and the guitarist bugged him about it after hearing radio compression butcher the fuck outta Lost Cat, so now we have some beefier mixes out there that kick properly.

And since I'm still in full on pimp mode having sent out dozens of emails, anyone in UKGAF that's not heard it yet should head on over to http://parachuteforgordo.bandcamp.com

Phew right that's enough pimpage for one day, I'm well tired now!

What about this Camden gig? Aren't you gonna pimp that?

Mikeside

Oh yeah! See, I'm tired.

We shall be playing at Camden Rocks on Friday 15th Feb. Second on the bill I think, so probably onstage for about 8ish. Would be lovely to see some of me ol muckas in UKGAF if you fancy it. I see Musha has already responded to the FB post, thanks muchly :)

here is the FB page promoting it: http://www.facebook.com/events/321494464630964/

I'm 99% sure I'll be there, just need to figure out the details :)

Anybody else fancy coming down?

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
hahaha. I still have cables and adapters around the place from devices lost a decade ago. YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN YOU WILL NEED THEM AGAIN!

Oh, I know precisely when I'll need them again. It'll be two days after I throw them out, like last time, and the time before ...

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Oh, I know precisely when I'll need them again. It'll be two days after I throw them out, like last time, and the time before ...

Exactly!! I have this weird VGA adapter that I had for over a decade and never thought I would use. Used it last year. Hoarding vindicated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom