• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Hope BritGAF are doing well this fine Friday morning! I'm back at work for a day before the weekend - almost wasn't worth it, but it's good to show willing. I'm gonna beat Musha to the punch today - what are y'all doing for this weekend? It's a weird one given that most people are probably still nursing hangovers from new years.

Me, I've got the weekend off from music so instead I'm going to be working on the back cover for our CD. I likes the arts and crafts. That and getting over this bastard new years cold :|

Mikeside

Hope BritGAF are doing well this fine Friday morning! I'm back at work for a day before the weekend - almost wasn't worth it, but it's good to show willing. I'm gonna beat Musha to the punch today - what are y'all doing for this weekend? It's a weird one given that most people are probably still nursing hangovers from new years.

Me, I've got the weekend off from music so instead I'm going to be working on the back cover for our CD. I likes the arts and crafts. That and getting over this bastard new years cold :|

Tonight I'm going to dinner with Suz and a friend of hers, then tomorrow will be chock full of Arkham Horror goodness!
Not sure about Sunday yet, but if I can find the motherfuckin' V5 document for my old car (where the fuck is it?!?!!) then I'm going to be scrapping that so I can get my new one onto the driveway :D

CHEEZMO can come and live with me in Laaaandaaaan if he wants to.

Christ I forgot it's Friday! Yay!

Tomorrow I am going to Go Outdoors to buy some thermal undergarments for my upcoming snowboarding holiday. Them I'm venturing in to Croydon for a friend's birthday, bowling then Chiquitos.

No plans for Sunday, so house work and Hitman most probably.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Friday already!

Got so much project work lined up: fitting out back room of the shop, getting online shop going, sorting the damn garden out if we ever get a water table that's below ground level for a change, advertising strategy - and to add to it all got some urgent trust and probate stuff owing to a recent death in the family.

Plus the shop, plus the ironing.

To think I chucked in paid employment owing to the stress!

Think I will go cook a casserole instead.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Oo yes it is Friday, I just got paid for my last 2 shifts.
Now I have £200 of my overdraft left. This must be how Bill Gates feels.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I got a new haircut. Getting used to seeing my new reflection in the mirror is going to take a while.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
I got a new haircut. Getting used to seeing myself in the mirror is going to take a while.

Oh yes, haircuts. Protip: if your SO gets a haircut, do not say ANYTHING AT ALL about it for three days.

Voice of experience!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Oo yes it is Friday, I just got paid for my last 2 shifts.
Now I have £200 of my overdraft left. This must be how Bill Gates feels.

Dude yous RICH. Started living in my overdraft as a student. Never quite dug my way out of it. Fuck it, the bank wants my money.

I got a new haircut. Getting used to seeing my new reflection in the mirror is going to take a while.

mohawk? Eminem style french crop w/ bleach?

When I shaved my head the first time it kinda freaked me out, especially those half-reflections you get in shop windows.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Oh yes, haircuts. Protip: if your SO gets a haircut, do not say ANYTHING AT ALL about it for three days.

Voice of experience!

Oooh, interesting strategy there Mr Sheep. Even positive comments? I think Mrs Sniv might actually do harm to me if I ignored her hair for that long. She's worse than me though, last time I took my beard down from full to goatee it took her a whole day to notice. *sob*

Suairyu

Banned
Oooh, interesting strategy there Mr Sheep. Even positive comments?
They can decide the haircut looks terrible on the third day. Suddenly your opinion of "that looks fantastic" is considered a mark against you.

Me, personally? I tell them exactly what I think, good or bad. But if bad, I'll only say if asked.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Oooh, interesting strategy there Mr Sheep. Even positive comments? I think Mrs Sniv might actually do harm to me if I ignored her hair for that long. She's worse than me though, last time I took my beard down from full to goatee it took her a whole day to notice. *sob*

Yep, even positive comments. You gotta be strong.

They can decide the haircut looks terrible on the third day. Suddenly your opinion of "that looks fantastic" is considered a mark against you.

Me, personally? I tell them exactly what I think, good or bad. But if bad, I'll only say if asked.

Spot on.

And you get it wrong about a haircut you are suddenly exposed to being (potentially) wrong about everything else.

If the SO gets a haircut the only thing you can even more seriously fuck up is failing to recognise them in the street (been there, done that). [EDIT, but not with the current SO (wife), just need to make that clear.]

EDIT AGAIN: It's like the graphics v gameplay thing. "You look good today" is OK, it is about the person - "Oh, have you done something to your hair? That looks great!" is the kiss of death as it says somewhere in the subconscious that (a) you value the hair more than the person, (b) you hated her previous hairdo, (c) you haven't noticed that she hates the new hairdo, (d) you actually value hairdos (which equals additional cost). Unless you shut the fuck up you are in a no-win.

Lirlond

I used to have flowing locks. Chicks were jealous of my hair. Then I cut it all off because it was a pain to wash and keep clean.

Cindres

I finally decided last semester to stop having long hair. Was getting really tired of it, it's got a little longer again but by no means "long".

Also, on the 20th March I may be in London, Louis C.K's finally playing the UK but so far it's only been confirmed he's playing the O2.
Where's cheap to stay? Have another friend going too and he's gonna be down for the whole week so something that accommodates that too.

Cindres

I'm hoping more dates than just London get announced, even Manchester would be better for me but having said that I haven't been to London in years and it'd be nice to go down again.

Chinner

Banned
I finally decided last semester to stop having long hair. Was getting really tired of it, it's got a little longer again but by no means "long".

Also, on the 20th March I may be in London, Louis C.K's finally playing the UK but so far it's only been confirmed he's playing the O2.
Where's cheap to stay? Have another friend going too and he's gonna be down for the whole week so something that accommodates that too.

link please!!

SmokyDave

Hair politics are a complicated business. I was antagonistically growing mine to bug Mrs Smoky but then she frogmarched me to the barbers :(

Gaming. Come hell or high water, I'm gaming this weekend. In no particular order, I intend to play:

Far Cry 3 (360)
Just started the second island. Loving it so far. Plan to finish it.

Sleeping Dogs (PS3)
Played a few hours, Giant Bomb quick look got me wanting to check it out again.

Saints Row The Third (PS3)
Put 90-odd hours into the PC version and then watching the missus play it on 360 made me want to replay it. Bought the complete version on PS3 and now I'm going for a 100% run.

Resistance (Vita)
Just to get it out of the backlog. I think I'm about halfway through. It's meh.

Gravity Rush (Vita)
Same as above. Quit through boredom towards the end and now just want to finish it to say I've finished it.

It'll be my first gaming weekend in MONTHS. Can't wait!

f0rk

Back to Uni on Monday and exams start the week after and I've done no revision. Going to try and spend a lot of next week in the library to stop you idiots distracting me.

Cindres

https://twitter.com/guideguardian/status/286924189187846146
1TLGq.png

Only place of confirmation so far.

Is there a better way to link tweets like that without screenshotting them? None of the embed options work on here.

SKINNER!

Banned
Louis CK + Book of Mormon? Good reason for me to head to London in March.

Btw, there's a good chance that Louis CK will be doing another show in a smaller comedy club venue the night before the O2 show. Seinfeld (London Comedy Store) and Chris Rock did it when they had shows at the O2.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
How big is the O2? Seems a bit of a soulless shed for comedy. I like my laughs like I like my music, in a small dark sweaty room.

I do really want to see Book of Mormon too but isn't it sold out from now till forever? I wish they'd just make it into a movie already, damn theatre people making me leave my house...

How big is the O2? Seems a bit of a soulless shed for comedy. I like my laughs like I like my music, in a small dark sweaty room.

I do really want to see Book of Mormon too but isn't it sold out from now till forever? I wish they'd just make it into a movie already, damn theatre people making me leave my house...

It's pretty big, but it has a really good sound, no matter where you sit you'll hear good. But I agree, I'm not a fan of arena tours, especially with bands. So impersonal.

I have tickets for BoM, I think there are still tickets left but not many and they'll be shit seats or stupidly expensive.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
It's pretty big, but it has a really good sound, no matter where you sit you'll hear good. But I agree, I'm not a fan of arena tours, especially with bands. So impersonal.

I have tickets for BoM, I think there are still tickets left but not many and they'll be shit seats or stupidly expensive.

Film it for me will ya? :p

Back to Uni on Monday and exams start the week after and I've done no revision. Going to try and spend a lot of next week in the library to stop you idiots distracting me.

I've actually managed to do some work over Christmas, but as usual not enough.

First exam on the 15th for me, so I'm moving into the uni library tomorrow.

Mikeside

Seems like a lot of us have been getting rid of the flowing hair recently.

I both loved and hated mine at the same time. Thinking about getting a trim up again next month, actually. I used to leave it growing for 18 months between cuts - at least.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Seems like a lot of us have been getting rid of the flowing hair recently.

I both loved and hated mine at the same time. Thinking about getting a trim up again next month, actually. I used to leave it growing for 18 months between cuts - at least.

I think you look a little like a sheepdog with the long hair. As to whether this is a good or bad thing, it's for you to decide.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Was I really the only BritGAFer to be watching celeb BB last night then? I feel kinda dirty... It was a glorious car crash of shouting at the telly and making Gillian Taylforth jokes. And they actually managed to find a glamma model that doesn't make me want to become a violent misogynist, she seems very sweet. Plus Toadfish. Come on!

Chinner

Banned
medium long hair on top. short on back and sides. you look boss. don't have long hair you'll look like a dirty metal fan.

Chinner

Banned
ok I'm angry guys. train ticket prices have gone up by like 20p. damn those corporations doing those corporationary things.

SKINNER!

Banned

Floor seats at the O2 aren't too bad but the normal seats looks too far from what I can remember. And yeah, there are still tickets to BoM but the majority of the good ones for the earliest shows are gone. Its running until the end of May and those shows are empty for now.

Mikeside

Similarly, I just booked my old car in for scrapping tomorrow - getting £120 for the ol' girl.

Ugh, I paid over ten times that for her a few years ago :(

Mikeside

You need to give it a proper send off, sadwank in a layby on the Hogs back.

That's what you call a proper sendoff? I call that a Thursday.

I'd quite like to get some fireworks and set them off in her, but I'm fairly sure that would go wrong in all kinds of spectacular ways. If only it weren't on our property, I'd consider trying it anyway.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I may have accidentally dropped £2.99 on the first issue this morning. Can't stand Batman but I have a real soft spot for the '89 Batmobile.
Yeah I consider that model the quintessential batmobile. Sweet idea for a magazine too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom