• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT| Mad Stacks Beyond Thunderlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKINNER!

Banned
I'm almost tempted to study abroad in Canada for a year, but I'm not sure how much it'll cost.

Probably a lot, but it'll certainly be a good experience.

Definitely go for it. It'll look good on paper, plenty of experience and you'll have a chance to go exploring. Do you know where in Canada you'll be if you went ahead with it?

Mikeside

Suairyu is the only non-avatar gaffer I recognise.

So did any of you guys buy much in the Steam sale this holiday?
I thought it was muy disappointing :(

Aepyx

Neo Member
I don't have a tag either and people love me

someone named themselves after me even
How long have you been using Green Scar as a username? Remember someone used to have it on a Nintendo forum I used to frequent, can imagine it's not that rare though

Awesome day of doing fuck all. Watched first ep of Firefly, X-Men 1st Class, Real Steel, now on Goldeneye, with Chinese for dinner.

Xun

Definitely go for it. It'll look good on paper, plenty of experience and you'll have a chance to go exploring. Do you know where in Canada you'll be if you went ahead with it?
Not sure yet, but I know Sheridan College in Ontario is meant to be good.

Plus, the British accent will go down a treat, Xun!
Ha yeah, hopefully. :p

It's all just an idea for now, but I'm looking into it. It probably won't happen due to funds, sadly.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Not GAF-famous enough. See: lack of tag.

Tags have nothing to do with fame. I was pretty lucky getting mine since it was from when I hardly posted on GAF.

Also its easy to jump into a community. I wasn't one of the lads when it came to BritGAF since I hardly ever posted in the old home of the political thread. But we're all British so we have plenty of things in common to talk about.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
anyone got that .gif of the black/white cartoon judge in court going "OOOO!"?

EK9qH.gif

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Animated avatars are back. Maybe I should make one now that I actually know how to make a gif small.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Sorry, should have put a question mark after that. Would have edited it but GAF just died for me for moment.

I'd wait for something official for going ahead myself. Don't want to lost avatar privileges for taken advantage of a bug.

EDIT: Oh, it's APNG. Which I'm sure was mentioned when they were first removed and Evilore said "No". So yeah, not risking it. Also not compatible with all browsers.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Playing Sleeping Dogs. It's not bad, takes a while to get going but seems pretty fun so far.

Playing Sleeping Dogs. It's not bad, takes a while to get going but seems pretty fun so far.

Yeah, I found it a lot of fun. It does a lot of stuff that's been done before, but it does it all remarkably well, and often it's combining things that have never been combined before, like decent melee combat with an open-world.

It's the one open-world game where I've been torn between going to the next story mission, and dicking around in the world.

TCRS

Banned

Tried the demo. Stop playing after 30 seconds and then deleted the demo. Fucking guy can't even walk, always in jogging mode. Killed the atmosphere for me.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Sleeping dogs is generic trash. Play better video games people.

What killed it for me was when there's a group of guys surrounding your ass only one of them comes at you at a time..

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I relapsed into Skyrim this weekend after finishing up FC3. Who'd have though, 90 hours in, that I still have so much to do in that game? Who questlines left untouched, entire areas of the map barren and unexplored. I honestly think this game could last forever.

Mikeside

He's playing on 360, not PS3 :p

Skyrim is pretty great, but for some reason I didn't stick with it for anywhere near the time I played Morrowind (which is better) and Oblivion (which is much worse).

I've got a serious hankering for an Elite-a-like to play with my joystick, but for some reason Freespace 2 and Freelancer won't work with my stick and I can't install X-Wing Alliance on my 64bit PC, so I've installed HAWX and Apache Air Assault to tide me over for a little while. Now I'm desperate for Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous to come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom