• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

xist

I've had to start paying mine back.

They only take £10 a week, but it feels like death by a thousand cuts.

I'm still hoping they give up on ever getting mine back as i've paid off virtually nothing on it(and i've had it for a while now...) I'd love that letter saying i was free...it happened in the US.

NinjaBoiX

You know those fancy toilet flushes you get now where you just swipe your hand over the sensor? Utterly pointless (for those without some OCD germ phobia anyway) but they seem to be all the rage in schools at the minute. (Is your school fancy enough for these new fangled gizmos Jed?)

Anyway, I was taking a dump in some fancy school today and sure enough, the flush was a swipe sensor. Only it was slap bang in the middle and low down, rather than up and over to the side, you know, where the flush would go! So it meant you activated it with even the slightest movement, it flushed like five times while I was sitting there. I ended up hovering for fucks sake!

So then I wash up, go to dry my hands, and the fucking paper towel dispenser has a fucking sensor too! I felt faintly ridiculous swiping my hand at a plastic box, then watching as this little motor proceeded to reel out just the right amount of paper. Talk about over engineering a solution, jesus.

Also, way to keep a tight leash on the purse strings Mr Headteacher. :/

/slightly odd toilet tangent

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
You know those fancy toilet flushes you get now where you just swipe your hand over the sensor? Utterly pointless (for those without some OCD germ phobia anyway) but they seem to be all the rage in schools at the minute. (Is your school fancy enough for these new fangled gizmos Jed?)

Anyway, I was taking a dump in some fancy school today and sure enough, the flush was a swipe sensor. Only it was slap bang in the middle and low down, rather than up and over to the side, you know, where the flush would go! So it meant you activated it with even the slightest movement, it flushed like five times while I was sitting there. I ended up hovering for fucks sake!

So then I wash up, go to dry my hands, and the fucking paper towel dispenser has a fucking sensor too! I felt faintly ridiculous swiping my hand at a plastic box, then watching as this little motor proceeded to reel out just the right amount of paper. Talk about over engineering a solution, jesus.

Also, way to keep a tight leash on the purse strings Mr Headteacher. :/

/slightly odd toilet tangent

Nah we're old fashioned that way :p

Does seem a very weird and expensive way to try and curtail water and paper usage too.

At least you got to clean your balls!

PS woooooo hometime! Let's go get fucked up and spunk some cash on bandcamp. fuck yeeeeaaaahh!

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
It does actually help on the paper usage because people are less likely to pull a huge wad for no reason when they only need a sheet or two to dry their hands. I've used sensor urinals which work pretty well because they wait for you to get completely out of the way before they flush. But never a proper toilet with one, that sounds dumb.
Hey Britgaf, I've been living in the countryside in Cumbria since May and I'm going to be moving out in six weeks (I need to live in a city, the countryside is not my thang), right now I'm working night shifts at a hotel here. My question is regarding to where to move to now, I've been considering Edinburgh, since it's pretty close and I suppose much cheaper than London, but big enough so finding a job shouldn't be too hard, am I correct in this or is it an expensive city as well? Any other cities that I should look into?

Cheers
I didn't want you to think you were ignored, I just don't have the knowledge to answer this question. Hopefully quoting will get a few people to pull their head out of their clique long enough to give some advice.
;-)
CHEEZMO™;79098917 said:
Xq7JOm6.jpg
This is hilarious and depressing at the same time.

afoni

Banned
Thing with school budgets is that they have to use it up so that they continue getting the same/more next year. If a school under-spends on its budget, they're probably getting less money the next year. My university spent it on the showers in halls last year.

NinjaBoiX

Nah we're old fashioned that way :p

Does seem a very weird and expensive way to try and curtail water and paper usage too.

At least you got to clean your balls!

PS woooooo hometime! Let's go get fucked up and spunk some cash on bandcamp. fuck yeeeeaaaahh!
I'm not gonna lie, the cool water on the jewels almost made the whole ordeal worthwhile.

iZEAUiB.jpg
It does actually help on the paper usage because people are less likely to pull a huge wad for no reason when they only need a sheet or two to dry their hands. I've used sensor urinals which work pretty well because they wait for you to get completely out of the way before they flush. But never a proper toilet with one, that sounds dumb.I didn't want you to think you were ignored, I just don't have the knowledge to answer this question.
I was actually laughing most of the time, just the ludicrous nature of the situation. And laughing at a flushing toilet was also amusing to me. It was a vicious circle!

Jordan

Thing with school budgets is that they have to use it up so that they continue getting the same/more next year. If a school under-spends on its budget, they're probably getting less money the next year. My university spent it on the showers in halls last year.

It also depends on department. Being IT we had the second biggest budget, in front of us was PE because it was a Sports Academy. We even just brought pointless shit for ourselves at times, or pushed for things that we really needed.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Japanese are really the ones who have the toilet tech down pat. My cousin said he went on a business trip and used a toilet that had a vibrating back massage, self-heating and inflatable seats, remotes to control angle, position, firmness, bidet function and even after-flush scent. I wouldn't be surprised if there was one with a hoover function that sucked up your farts and replaced it with the smell of freshly baked cookies.

Hey Britgaf, I've been living in the countryside in Cumbria since May and I'm going to be moving out in six weeks (I need to live in a city, the countryside is not my thang), right now I'm working night shifts at a hotel here. My question is regarding to where to move to now, I've been considering Edinburgh, since it's pretty close and I suppose much cheaper than London, but big enough so finding a job shouldn't be too hard, am I correct in this or is it an expensive city as well? Any other cities that I should look into?

Cheers

I didn't want you to think you were ignored, I just don't have the knowledge to answer this question. Hopefully quoting will get a few people to pull their head out of their clique long enough to give some advice.

Well I was going to respond until Santiako said London was too expensive. Not much advice I can give then, I was waiting for one of the people who actually lives in Edinburgh to respond.

And you know you're part of the clique now Jackben.

SteveWD40

Well I was going to respond until Santiako said London was too expensive. Not much advice I can give then, I was waiting for one of the people who actually lives in Edinburgh to respond.

And you know you're part of the clique now Jackben.

I missed that post. I would say after Edinburgh, Leeds and Manchester are your next best bets, both have loads to do and are cheaper than London (and Edinburgh probably).

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Sorry to hear it D-Spack. Fuck cancer.

In better news, my Olly Moss Heroes Blindbox 3 pack arrived today:

Dyb0f6z.jpg

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
My colleague isn't going and I don't really know all that many people here socially enough to have more than a 5 minute conversation.

I could do that, but I'm leaving there at about 2am and then fucking off home, will probably get in around 3.30/4ish... Then up and at the gym by 10.30am

ahh man wish i wasn't working, would hunt you down

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Never mind, the pay as you go local sim situation in France is way the fuck worse than the UK, haha. Fortunately this French girl I'm hanging out with hooked me up with some wifi passwords for the major providers so I was able to make it to a Phone House store that sorted me.

Next, wine and cheese!

afoni

Banned
Never mind, the pay as you go local sim situation in France is way the fuck worse than the UK, haha. Fortunately this French girl I'm hanging out with hooked me up with some wifi passwords for the major providers so I was able to make it to a Phone House store that sorted me.

Next, wine and cheese!

take pictures of her passed out on your bed and make a thread !!!!

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving

Next, wine and cheese!

Yeah, I coulda warned you about that one, where abouts in France are you headed?

Not really, a work colleague of mine died very suddenly this morning. I knew she had cancer but as far as we were all concerned she was on the road to recovery and she was even thinking about trying to start coming back into work.

Shit, that's really horrid. So sorry to hear that.

Next, wine and cheese!

Yay we're not the worst at something!

Have fun Evi, even though you've closed your thread feel free to post your adventures here, we like hearing about them.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
they accidentally sent mine to bangkok! luckily enough they've nice enough to send another 3 to the UK, just have to wait now.
Ah shit, more waiting. That's cool of them though. The evil side of me says try and phone up your place in bangkok to arrange another package and maybe you get 6 for the price of 3...

Only really like Jill out of the ones I got. Once more people get theirs I'm gonna see if I can trade/buy a Skull Kid, Team ICO or Dark Souls.

SmokyDave

Next, wine and cheese!
I'm pretty sure that the French for 'thanks for the wifi passwords' is 'j'ai envie de te bouffer la chatte'.

I wish I could remember my chat-up line for you but it eludes me right now, it was something about 'merci' and 'mot-de-passe'.

deli2000

Hey guys, UK-GAFfer just stumbled on this thread in OT Community. Making a first time post here.

Am I welcome here? Is there an initiation ceremony or something? What should I know about this place?

SKINNER!

Banned
Fill in the entry form located on the first post and just post whatever you feel like. Chances are someone here will reply to it. Think of it like AA but a lot less depressing.

NinjaBoiX

Make yourself at home deli, this is a great community!

Fill in the entry form in the OP, that is your only initiation requirement.

deli2000

When's you Birthday: 6th May
Where do you live: Burton-Upon-Trent
Where are you from: My mothers womb
Occupation/University: Student
Favourite Actor/Actress: Probably Tom Hanks
Favourite Band/Artist: Tough one. I'll go for The Fall
Favourite TV Show: Breaking Bad (duh.)
Favourite Crisps: Salt n Vinegar
Favourite Biscuit: Bourbon
Favourite Pokémon: Ratata
Ant or Dec: Can't tell difference
Stalactites or Stalagmites: Stalagmites

Rich!

Ohhhhh. I never did the questionnaire.

When's you Birthday: 31st May
Where do you live: Bournemouth
Where are you from: The above
Occupation/University: Store manager/thief puncher
Favourite Actor/Actress: Timothy Dalton
Favourite Band/Artist: Radiohead
Favourite TV Show: Breaking Bad at the moment, previously 24
Favourite Crisps: Brannigans Roast Beef and Mustard
Favourite Biscuit: Custard Creams
Favourite Pokémon: Charizard
Ant or Dec: neither.
Stalactites or Stalagmites: Both good.

Not feeling well because of upcoming college nerves/grants/stuff.

Decided to start Breaking Bad, three episodes in, I'm interested enough to know what happens next and most TV doesn't get that far with me.

Lirlond

Cheers

Dont go to edinburgh. Its more expensive than everywhere but aberdeen(oil city) and the jobs aren't any better. Look into Glasgow or dundee if you're moving to Scotland. Glasgow is the best city in scotland. And super cheap.

Diablos

I'm pretty sure that the French for 'thanks for the wifi passwords' is 'j'ai envie de te bouffer la chatte'.

I wish I could remember my chat-up line for you but it eludes me right now, it was something about 'merci' and 'mot-de-passe'.
Wow, why is computer networking so much more exciting in France?

Rich!

I had my first office blowjob today.

#yolo

I had sex once before with my ex in the blockbuster store we used to work at after opening hours.

Wasn't fun once we realised afterwards we hadn't wiped the CCTV. Knew it probably wouldn't be found but oh man the panic

Never actually wiped the footage in the end lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom